Double 1.5 Goals

For this season in football all I am going to do is place double 1.5 goal multiples. When doing a double with these it's almost even money, so the idea is simply to get more correct than wrong. Starting Balance is 100 points: Bet 1 Aberdeen v St Johnstone Rangers v Hearts 10 points stake Potential win: 8.08 points

Re: Double 1.5 Goals For some reason, I don't usually bet myself on overs, or any market where you need goal(s) to get your bet correct; I'd rather watch it from the safe distance... ;) Half of your first bet safely arrived home! Good luck with the rest! :ok

Re: Double 1.5 Goals I don't usually either froment apart from over 1.5, always like these ones, last season was doing trebles for them and had quite a nice amount come in. Bet 1 Aberdeen v St Johnstone :wall Rangers v Hearts :ok 10 points stake New Balance: 90 points P+L -10 points :wall Listened to the aberdeen game on the radio, loads of chances, just not enough quality for either team to put the ball in the net. Might leave scottish for over 1.5 due to the lack of quality finishers and wait for the other leagues particularly holland, germany and all english leagues for this :ok Onwards and upwards.

Re: Double 1.5 Goals Don't let one loss put doubts into your head BR . This has potential , followed a smilar system using games from my h2h thread , and found it fairly successful just got a bit greedy with 5/6/7 team acca's. Your doubles policy should produce a healthy wee profit at the end of the season imo ;) You mention the Dutch and German Leagues but i think you'll find the odds available for those quite short as the bookies are well aware of the high number of goals scored in those leagues but sometimes a gem or two can be found. All the best with this thread mate will be following closely :hope

Re: Double 1.5 Goals Cheers for the words m8 :ok Not giving up, not yet anyway :D, when I was doing the trebles with this it was mostly English games, the quality is far superior to the Scottish, only listening to the Aberdeen game on radio and the chances missed, quality to find back of net with easy clear cut chances was so poor. In saying all that, will have a crack at another scottish game in this one: Bet 2 Dundee Utd v Kilmarnock Paderborn v Fortuna Dusseldorf 10 points bet - return 8.10 points

Don't let one loss put doubts into your head BR . This has potential , followed a smilar system using games from my h2h thread , and found it fairly successful just got a bit greedy with 5/6/7 team acca's. Your doubles policy should produce a healthy wee profit at the end of the season imo ;) You mention the Dutch and German Leagues but i think you'll find the odds available for those quite short as the bookies are well aware of the high number of goals scored in those leagues but sometimes a gem or two can be found. All the best with this thread mate will be following closely :hope

Re: Double 1.5 Goals Good luck, mate. One thing I'd think would be a good idea would be to try and avoid picking two games from the same league in your double. Just harder to correctly predict two games from the same league :ok

Re: Double 1.5 Goals Cheers Outlaw, hugo88 and Alex :ok I think you are right also Alex, I will do one from each league, see how that goes, but will do 2 if it's a competition. I so wanted to do one with CSKA yesterday, but there was not really anything else, would have won before 1/2 time. Bet 3 Rangers v Malmo FF (surely after drawing 1-1 with hearts they got to be better at home) Dinamo Kiev v Rubin Kazan 10 points bet - return 7.60 ** Side note: I am taking 5% of all the winnings in each bet, so it's truly accurate amounts I enter on here as winnings, as placing all these on Betfair.

Re: Double 1.5 Goals Yeah m8, anything after 3 is pretty much touch and go, best with singles, doubles or trebles I would say :ok These bets with just 2 are not too far away from being evens, quite good value I would say, then just hope can predict more right than wrong, no staking plan where I want to recoup or anything.

Re: Double 1.5 Goals You aint missed much m8, no real winning or losing streak. things will pick up when all the footy starts and will be doing more than just the one bet, thanks :ok Bet 5 Differdange v Olympiakos SV Ried v Brondby 10 points bet - 7.98 points return

Well done. Missed out on these. :zzz

Re: Double 1.5 Goals It's just basically football knowledge lorro to be honest with you, I don't particularly think previous stats count for future outcomes in goals, for example 2 teams playing in 2009-2010 could be a million miles apart from who they are now through confidence, league position, fan support, new signings, players leaving, new manager with new approaches etc I will look at previous head to heads as part of selection, but won't make any final decision on that (some games will have none), I also look at previous results, hence Rangers v Malmo, I have no knowledge of Malmo at all, but knowing Rangers first game of season was a poor 1-1 against Hearts, I expected new manager McCoist to have the boys raring to go at home to rectify this. Of course this did not happen and they got beat 0-1, but I would do the exact same for a bet like this in same scenario again, that one just was not to be, looking at how the strikers are doing, looking for teams who both like to come out and attack and are prone to a few defensive howlers. So to answer your question, a combination of knowledge of the teams, previous history i.e fixtures/results in current season, current form, confidence, an overall educated guess that this game has all the markings of having goals. I don't think there is any other way for these sort of selections other than knowledge of the sport.

Re: Double 1.5 Goals I understand. About the knowledge of the game part, it sounds logic for the bigger competitions but for smaller competitions it may be somewhat tougher. That's why I though you maybe had some numeric requirements defined.

Re: Double 1.5 Goals

It's just basically football knowledge lorro to be honest with you, I don't particularly think previous stats count for future outcomes in goals, for example 2 teams playing in 2009-2010 could be a million miles apart from who they are now through confidence, league position, fan support, new signings, players leaving, new manager with new approaches etc I will look at previous head to heads as part of selection, but won't make any final decision on that (some games will have none), I also look at previous results, hence Rangers v Malmo, I have no knowledge of Malmo at all, but knowing Rangers first game of season was a poor 1-1 against Hearts, I expected new manager McCoist to have the boys raring to go at home to rectify this. Of course this did not happen and they got beat 0-1, but I would do the exact same for a bet like this in same scenario again, that one just was not to be, looking at how the strikers are doing, looking for teams who both like to come out and attack and are prone to a few defensive howlers. So to answer your question, a combination of knowledge of the teams, previous history i.e fixtures/results in current season, current form, confidence, an overall educated guess that this game has all the markings of having goals. I don't think there is any other way for these sort of selections other than knowledge of the sport.
I bet a lot on Over 1.5 Goals and think this is the biggest factor for me in deciding which matches to choose. It is an 'x factor' type sense. It could just be that in the back of your mind you vaguely remember that one of the teams has been involved in a few high scoring games that stuck in your mind (most Dutch teams, your Blackpool's, Athletico Madrids, Portuguese teams and obscure 'Eastern European' teams). A lot of us football punters have looked at hundreds (thousands) of football scorelines during our 'punting years' and develop a sense of ties which have that certain something about them that makes you think there will be goals. Obviously, it doesn't work all of the time :lol

Re: Double 1.5 Goals Exactly m8, I could sit and lie about how my super secret calculator processes billions of data, past and present to evaluate what games will be over, but it's not. I love football, and I love over 1.5 goals market, and I think I have the ability to select more winners than losers, of course as you say, does not always work that way. All a bit of fun, if the balance increases over season, fantastic, if I lose it all, oh well I tried, and if I swing back and forth like a yo yo winning and losing then I still enjoyed it :ok

A lot of us football punters have looked at hundreds (thousands) of football scorelines during our 'punting years' and develop a sense of ties which have that certain something about them that makes you think there will be goals. Obviously, it doesn't work all of the time :lol

Re: Double 1.5 Goals Why, is the glory hunt section not for when you are trying to reach a goal/target within bets, i.e £5.00 to £1,000,000.00 in 29.3 bets :p This is a strategy based on football knowledge, not a glory hunt to get to x amount.