UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July

Thursday 7 July 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif FC Shakhter Karagandy v Koper (14:00 BST) 2.75 3.4 2.48 106.10 %
maximize.gif Irtysh Pavlodar v Jagiellonia Bialystok (14:00 BST) 3.75 3.5 2.16 101.53 %
maximize.gif Olimpi Rustavi v Banants (14:00 BST) 1.57 3.9 6.4 104.90 %
maximize.gif Ulisses FC v Ferencvárosi TC (15:00 BST) 5 3.75 1.77 103.16 %
maximize.gif KS Flamurtari Vlorë v FK Buducnost (15:30 BST) 2.58 3.4 2.75 104.54 %
maximize.gif FC Milsami Orhei v Dinamo Tbilisi (16:00 BST) 2.84 3.45 2.62 102.29 %
maximize.gif FK Zeta Golubovci v Spartak Trnava (16:00 BST) 2.56 3.4 2.75 104.84 %
maximize.gif CS Fola Esch v IF Elfsborg (17:00 BST) 13 7.14 1.22 103.67 %
maximize.gif FK Qarabag v FK Banga Gargždai (17:00 BST) 1.13 8.5 19 105.52 %
maximize.gif Nõmme JK Kalju v FC Honka (17:30 BST) 3.67 3.55 2 105.42 %
maximize.gif BK Häcken v UN Käerjeng 97 (18:00 BST) 1.11 11 27 102.81 %
maximize.gif FC Minsk v AZAL Baku (18:00 BST) 1.53 3.9 6.5 106.39 %
maximize.gif Lusitanos v NK Varaždin (18:00 BST) 11 6.5 1.22 106.29 %
maximize.gif Tromsø v FC Daugava Daugavpils (18:00 BST) 1.12 10 23 103.63 %
maximize.gif Vllaznia Shkodër v Birkirkara (18:00 BST) 1.44 4.7 7.84 103.26 %
maximize.gif NSI Runavik v Fulham (18:45 BST) 26 9.5 1.13 102.87 %
maximize.gif Neath Athletic v Aalesunds FK (19:00 BST) 9 5.5 1.38 101.76 %
maximize.gif Olimpija Ljubljana v Å iroki Brijeg (19:00 BST) 1.7 3.6 5.5 104.78 %
maximize.gif Paksi SE v UE Santa Coloma (19:00 BST) 1.1 8.5 19 107.94 %
maximize.gif Rabotnicki Kometal v Narva JK Trans (19:00 BST) 1.18 8.5 19 101.77 %
maximize.gif SP Tre Penne v FK Rad (19:30 BST) 19 8.5 1.1 107.93 %
maximize.gif Cliftonville v The New Saints (19:45 BST) 2.36 3.5 2.92 105.08 %
maximize.gif Glentoran v FK Renova (19:45 BST) 2.88 3.4 2.64 102.01 %
maximize.gif St. Patrick's Athletic v IBV Vestmannaerjar (19:45 BST) 1.66 4.4 5.5 100.91 %
maximize.gif KR Reykjavik v IF Fuglajordur (20:15 BST) 1.12 11 26 102.22 %

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July IMO during the return legs it is worth backing a decent outsider who lost by 3-4 goals in the first leg. Don't think I will be touching Tre Penne from San Marino but might consider Runavik against Fulham.

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July

IMO during the return legs it is worth backing a decent outsider who lost by 3-4 goals in the first leg. Don't think I will be touching Tre Penne from San Marino but might consider Runavik against Fulham.
I agree in that I think some of the teams that won comfortably in the first legs may rest players or take the foot off the gas. As a general rule, I don't bet on these games at all. However there are 2 games that catch my eye, where the strong favourite still is not certain to go through. Paks (***) V Santa Coloma (AND) If I recall correctly Paks were 1.33 to win the first leg, and duly obliged 1-0. Looking at the match stats, it looks to have been quite a drab affair. The Andorans could only muster 1 corner, and had 5 goal attempts (2 on target). Paks scored after just 15 mins, and so I expect were quite content to contain their hosts after this, especially as they are making their European debut this season. They ended the game with 2 corners, and 9 goal attempts (4 on target). Paks are a best price 1.10 on the 90 minute market, but the market that gets my attention is Paks to keep a clean sheet. 2nd legs are generally higher scoring, and of course Santa Coloma have to "go for it". But they "went for it" for at least 75 mins of the first leg, and look to have hardly threatened. Both P Powers & Bwin go 1.57 on this, so the 1.8 with VC looks generous. Hacken (SWE) V Kaerjeng (LUX) The first leg finished 1-1, but it looks like Hacken were unlucky. They had 12 corners to Kaerjeng's 2, and had twice the amount of goal attempts -14 (with 5 on target) Vs 7 (2 on target). Hacken have the advantage that they are mid-season, and are 1.07 on the 90 minute market. Given that the tie is still in the balance, I see Hacken being careful in defense, and I don't see them being gung-ho. Bwin are as short as 1.42 on this, so again with VC 1.73 appeals. Small stakes as the teams here are hard to trust, and team news and match reports are very thin on the ground: 1.5 pts Paks clean sheet @1.8 1.5 pts Hacken clean sheet @1.73 0.5 pt Double @3.11 All with VC I may look to do both home teams in a handicap double as well, but will wait until more books have prices out. GL all

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July Some European bettors that have watched first match do believe that Honka is a huge favorite in this encounter. They outplayed Nomme totally but where unlucky to score. Truly Nomme is much better in away matches in home league and in matches between Scandinavian teams home field isn't that much of a plus. Does anyone have any insider info about those 2 teams - motivation, line-ups maybe. As it looks on first glance we have a value bet of a round here.

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July Any news from Croatian friends about Varteks ? Will they play motivated away also despite financial problems or will just lose the match and get some money from the bookies (not imposible).

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July Any news here ? Vllaznia could like all Albanian teams finish up good job here at home. Hard to tell if only 0:1 result in first match was result of Birkirkara strength or Vllaznia unable to score. Also we are talking about Albanian soccer and fixing could be involved case draw is good enough to go through. But in normal circumstances Vllaznia with full squad and motivation should win this one.

I agree in that I think some of the teams that won comfortably in the first legs may rest players or take the foot off the gas. As a general rule' date= I don't bet on these games at all.
So do I and the main reason is that I don't know much about these teams and prefer betting on my local teams since at least I can get some info from the internet. Guess I will either leave this round or just make a crazy acca with small stake.

Gotta fancy Cliftonville at 2.36 ? They drew at TNS last week 1-1 however have already defeated them in a friendly recently at their home ground 2-1.
ahughes I really fancy cliftonville to win also, had a look at TNS european record and last year was the first and only win in 28 matches against bohs and there away form consists of played 14 lost 14 scoring 2 goals and conceding 41

ahughes I really fancy cliftonville to win also, had a look at TNS european record and last year was the first and only win in 28 matches against bohs and there away form consists of played 14 lost 14 scoring 2 goals and conceding 41
Nice video mate :ok

Event Glentoran - Renova
Selection Glentoran
Strength 10/10
Date 07/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.75
Reasoning This game is like a final to Glentoran. Playing at home after loosing by 1-2 in Macedonia, they feel they can reach the next stage of the competition. They lost that game with just nine man on the field and in this game they can't count with the suspended Jamie McGovern, but they can debut Stephen Carson. The stadium should be full and will make a big pressure over the Macedonian team. The team got confidence after getting the good result in Macedonia and they will have more authority on the field. Now with eleven man again, the game can be carefully prepared and for sure they will discuss the passport for the next stage. Glentoran just need to win by 1-0, and despite it won't be a easy game, they have all to get a win. I think Glentoran is aware they have here a historic game and they will play it concentrate.

Some European bettors that have watched first match do believe that Honka is a huge favorite in this encounter. They outplayed Nomme totally but where unlucky to score. Truly Nomme is much better in away matches in home league and in matches between Scandinavian teams home field isn't that much of a plus. Does anyone have any insider info about those 2 teams - motivation' date=' line-ups maybe. As it looks on first glance we have a value bet of a round here.[/quote'] Motivation should be high coz in sunday they had amazing 3-3 away-draw with their arch-enemies, table leader and last years champion Flora. But being realistic and remembering how strongly did Honka dominate first leg. I have to go with away win, but dont count on clean sheet.

Event Glentoran - Renova
Selection Glentoran
Strength 10/10
Date 07/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.75
Reasoning This game is like a final to Glentoran. Playing at home after loosing by 1-2 in Macedonia, they feel they can reach the next stage of the competition. They lost that game with just nine man on the field and in this game they can't count with the suspended Jamie McGovern, but they can debut Stephen Carson. The stadium should be full and will make a big pressure over the Macedonian team. The team got confidence after getting the good result in Macedonia and they will have more authority on the field. Now with eleven man again, the game can be carefully prepared and for sure they will discuss the passport for the next stage. Glentoran just need to win by 1-0, and despite it won't be a easy game, they have all to get a win. I think Glentoran is aware they have here a historic game and they will play it concentrate.
Glentoran will miss 5 regular players:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July Runavik vs Fulham under 3.5 @ 1.83 (Stan James) 75% of Faroe Islands teams games in Europe in the last six years have gone under 3.5 goals. They don't tend to score many but they rarely concede fours, fives and sixes, and I can't see that changing today. The tie is won and Jol will want to preserve fitness ahead of a long season. I'm not sure who will play for Fulham but in my opinion it doesn't really matter, even if their best players play they will not be busting a gut to win 4-0. The game is apparently on a plastic pitch (not at Runavik's home ground, at Toftir I believe) so this may also make things a bit harder for Fulham. I watched bits of the first leg (having to put up with the dodgy camera angle on Bet365 during the first half!) and Runavik were reasonably well organised. It should be easier for them in their own country and against a Fulham team who will be more interested in seeing out the tie and avoiding injuries rather than notching up a cricket score. I don't think Runavik will score, and if they do they are very unlikely to score more than once. The only score I can see upsetting this bet is 1-3, and I am considering whether or not to place a cover bet on this. Most likely score is 0-2 or 0-3 in my opinion.

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July Paks -2 @ 1.4 (Bet365) Hard to give reasoning but just a bet I see as very unlikely to lose, and therefore too good to pass up on. Paks finished second in the Hungarian league and were 2nd top scorers. They grinded out a 1-0 win away at Santa Coloma which means they will have to take this game seriously as an unlikely away goal will take it to extra time. Andorran sides rarely score in Europe and looking at their past results, I just can't see this being anything less than a two goal win for the home side, probably it will be a 3 goal + win but nice to have the security of a push on a two goal margin of victory. The game is played at a neutral venue which put me off going for a higher handicap. But even so with the difference in quality I am pretty confident about this one.

Runavik vs Fulham under 3.5 @ 1.83 (Stan James) 75% of Faroe Islands teams games in Europe in the last six years have gone under 3.5 goals. They don't tend to score many but they rarely concede fours, fives and sixes, and I can't see that changing today. The tie is won and Jol will want to preserve fitness ahead of a long season. I'm not sure who will play for Fulham but in my opinion it doesn't really matter, even if their best players play they will not be busting a gut to win 4-0. The game is apparently on a plastic pitch (not at Runavik's home ground, at Toftir I believe) so this may also make things a bit harder for Fulham. I watched bits of the first leg (having to put up with the dodgy camera angle on Bet365 during the first half!) and Runavik were reasonably well organised. It should be easier for them in their own country and against a Fulham team who will be more interested in seeing out the tie and avoiding injuries rather than notching up a cricket score. I don't think Runavik will score, and if they do they are very unlikely to score more than once. The only score I can see upsetting this bet is 1-3, and I am considering whether or not to place a cover bet on this. Most likely score is 0-2 or 0-3 in my opinion.
Following :ok Although, I think Jol is due to stick out a few first teamers in need of first team action, in the main, this will be a training exercise for them. With a first eleven made up of squad players and players in need of match practice.

Runavik vs Fulham under 3.5 @ 1.83 (Stan James) 75% of Faroe Islands teams games in Europe in the last six years have gone under 3.5 goals. They don't tend to score many but they rarely concede fours, fives and sixes, and I can't see that changing today. The tie is won and Jol will want to preserve fitness ahead of a long season. I'm not sure who will play for Fulham but in my opinion it doesn't really matter, even if their best players play they will not be busting a gut to win 4-0. The game is apparently on a plastic pitch (not at Runavik's home ground, at Toftir I believe) so this may also make things a bit harder for Fulham. I watched bits of the first leg (having to put up with the dodgy camera angle on Bet365 during the first half!) and Runavik were reasonably well organised. It should be easier for them in their own country and against a Fulham team who will be more interested in seeing out the tie and avoiding injuries rather than notching up a cricket score. I don't think Runavik will score, and if they do they are very unlikely to score more than once. The only score I can see upsetting this bet is 1-3, and I am considering whether or not to place a cover bet on this. Most likely score is 0-2 or 0-3 in my opinion.
Yep me too..in the first match Fulham didn't look that good at all until the second half after they had obviously got a bollocking. They actually could have been one down after an excellent half volley that flew inches wide. Runavik will play on the break again and they did alright at it to be fair in the first half, then the wheels fell off a bit. They won't attack Fulham because they have no idea how to, a draw or low scoring loss would be a decent result for them, so the bet makes sense given that Fulham won't be too fussed about racking up a score.. I would advise caution against backing the 1.1 shots on handicaps, I got badly burnt at this stage last year, and regardless of who is playing who, you will have about 10 heart attacks if you're sitting there needing a side to beat another by 3 clear goals..

Re: UEFA Europa League - Thursday 7 July Rabotnicki vs Trans Narva....pure fix job here. Trans Narva +2.5 @ the 30th minute mark was about 2.78 looked good then in the 45th minute Rabotnicki scored so 1-0 HT. Things kept looking good till 82nd when Rabotnicki scored...so sitting on the edge and I just had this gut feeling it wasn't going to hit.... I was right...Rabotnicki scored in the 90th to win 3-0 covering that -2.5

I agree in that I think some of the teams that won comfortably in the first legs may rest players or take the foot off the gas. As a general rule, I don't bet on these games at all. However there are 2 games that catch my eye, where the strong favourite still is not certain to go through. Paks (***) V Santa Coloma (AND) If I recall correctly Paks were 1.33 to win the first leg, and duly obliged 1-0. Looking at the match stats, it looks to have been quite a drab affair. The Andorans could only muster 1 corner, and had 5 goal attempts (2 on target). Paks scored after just 15 mins, and so I expect were quite content to contain their hosts after this, especially as they are making their European debut this season. They ended the game with 2 corners, and 9 goal attempts (4 on target). Paks are a best price 1.10 on the 90 minute market, but the market that gets my attention is Paks to keep a clean sheet. 2nd legs are generally higher scoring, and of course Santa Coloma have to "go for it". But they "went for it" for at least 75 mins of the first leg, and look to have hardly threatened. Both P Powers & Bwin go 1.57 on this, so the 1.8 with VC looks generous. Hacken (SWE) V Kaerjeng (LUX) The first leg finished 1-1, but it looks like Hacken were unlucky. They had 12 corners to Kaerjeng's 2, and had twice the amount of goal attempts -14 (with 5 on target) Vs 7 (2 on target). Hacken have the advantage that they are mid-season, and are 1.07 on the 90 minute market. Given that the tie is still in the balance, I see Hacken being careful in defense, and I don't see them being gung-ho. Bwin are as short as 1.42 on this, so again with VC 1.73 appeals. Small stakes as the teams here are hard to trust, and team news and match reports are very thin on the ground: 1.5 pts Paks clean sheet @1.8 1.5 pts Hacken clean sheet @1.73 0.5 pt Double @3.11 All with VC I may look to do both home teams in a handicap double as well, but will wait until more books have prices out. GL all
FT Paks 4 Santa Coloma 0 Hacken 5 Kaerjeng 1 0.8pt loss on this. No disaster, but a bit disappointed that both favs won comfortably as expected, and I have no profit to show for it.:\

Rabotnicki vs Trans Narva....pure fix job here. Trans Narva +2.5 @ the 30th minute mark was about 2.78 looked good then in the 45th minute Rabotnicki scored so 1-0 HT. Things kept looking good till 82nd when Rabotnicki scored...so sitting on the edge and I just had this gut feeling it wasn't going to hit.... I was right...Rabotnicki scored in the 90th to win 3-0 covering that -2.5
Why's that a fix? :unsure

Rabotnicki vs Trans Narva....pure fix job here. Trans Narva +2.5 @ the 30th minute mark was about 2.78 looked good then in the 45th minute Rabotnicki scored so 1-0 HT. Things kept looking good till 82nd when Rabotnicki scored...so sitting on the edge and I just had this gut feeling it wasn't going to hit.... I was right...Rabotnicki scored in the 90th to win 3-0 covering that -2.5
Did you see the game between Milsami Orhe and Dinamo Tblisi? Three goals in injury time, including a PEN. Strange things are a foot.....

Did you see the game between Milsami Orhe and Dinamo Tblisi? Three goals in injury time' date=' including a PEN. Strange things are a foot.....[/quote'] yeah that you see is rather much garbage goals, would be curious to see if the odds were inflated on the totals. what would of been more interesting was if Dinamo needed to win by that score line, then you'd be asking for trouble lol

yeah that you see is rather much garbage goals, would be curious to see if the odds were inflated on the totals.
Wish I'd checked what the odds were like :\ I just found it highly questionable that two poor sides, who both had created **** all in 180 minutes of football could somehow find the energy for three goals between them in the 90th minute when the tie was completely over.