** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Scottish Irn-Bru Divisions 1, 2 & 3 > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Scottish Irn-Bru Divisions 1, 2 & 3 > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season I think Peterhead are a stand out bet for Division 3. Some may think I am over reacting to the signing of McAlister from Brechin but with the list of players below they have a first eleven and squad that I feel are above this level. Peterhead have signed a lot of new players and I it depends on whether they gel but there are a lot of players in the squad that have been there and done it in this division or higher. There are no other team in this division with the calibre of player that Peterhead have at their disposal. Alloa may mount a challenge as Hartley is trying to bring in some experienced quality players like Bobby Petta but I don't think they will be able to last the season as they won't have the same strength in depth as Peterhead do. 5/2 is skinny but I rate Peterhead's superiority over the rest of this division as much as Livi dominated the second division last season so I think the price is fair and will look good come towards mid season. Staying from last year JARVIE DONALD MCDONALD SHARP BAVIDGE WYNESS ROSS NEW SIGNINGS DUFFY, ST JOHNSTONE JELLEMA, FREE AGENT REDMAN, BRECHIN CONWAY, LIVINGSTON WATSON, FORFAR McBAIN, ICT/BRECHIN SELLARS, FORFAR DEASLEY, FORFAR RATTERY, ARBROATH McALLISTAR, BRECHIN

Re: Scottish Irn-Bru Divisions 1, 2 & 3 > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season You are clearly underestimating Alloa then. The players they've brought in all look tremendous on paper. Cawley and One two of the top goalscorers in the third division last season. Graeme Holmes and Darren Young were playing first division football last year, Ryan McCord turned down 1st and 2nd division clubs to sign for them too and was Airdries player of the year. Not forgetting Hartley of course who will waltz that league if he plays. You obviously don't have a clue about Scottish Lower League players if you think Alloa will be lacking strength in depth. Peterhead have made the one marquee signing in McAllister and the rest are all proven solid lower end 2nd division top end 3rd division players that don't have the ceiling that most of the Alloa signings do.

Re: Scottish Irn-Bru Divisions 1, 2 & 3 > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season Alloa for 3rd division paul hartley has signed alot of players one of which from the team i support (airdrie) mccord who was onlopan from dundee united and got player of the year last year hes obviously setting out to win the league and with the players hes signed i think he wont be far away taking them at 9/4

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Scottish Irn-Bru Divisions 1, 2 & 3 > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season Wullie claims Peterhead will have Livingston like superiority due to the strength in depth of their squad, compared to Alloa. Alloa have signed nine players from clubs up the league as well as two of the top scorers in the league last year, one of the top scoring midfielders in the league from last year and still have a very capable ex Scotland internationalist managing the team.

Re: Scottish Irn-Bru Divisions 1, 2 & 3 > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season Not a lot to choose between Alloa and Peterhead IMO. Peterhead are going to rely heavily on big Rory McAllister. He and Bavidge should pop a few goals in between but McAllister's disciplinary record is pretty poor and it's inevitable he will be sitting games out through suspension. Deasley and Sellars are good signings but injury prone. Alloa have rebuilt their side. I rate the McCord brothers highly and Graeme Holmes will stroll the third division. I think teams rumbled big Armand One out towards the end of last season when he was with Stranraer and just tried to stop the supply. Anyone know whether Paul Hartley is going to play himself?

Re: Scottish Irn-Bru Divisions 1, 2 & 3 > Ante-Post 2011-12 Season In my opinion, Morton have been massively under rated by the bookies here. Retained all but one of their best players in the close season, whilst adding extensively to where they were weakest last season - scoring goals - by adding a few decent, proven strikers. Worth a pop at them winning the league outright but you'll definitely make some money laying them on each way, I'm confident of that. Division Two, for me, is open to debate. I note that the bookies haven't tpaid a great deal of attention to Stenhousemuir who for me, are definitely worth a bet each way. Their manager, Davie Irons is a bit of a lose cannon but he's added some decent players, 4 of whom where competing comfortably, mid-table of the First Division with Morton last season. Already discussed really, Division Three is probably going to be a two horse race between Alloa and Peterhead. For me, Alloa have the better team on paper and I will be backing them. Again, they have added a few players who were making appearences for Morton, mid-table in the First Division. They have also added effective carthorses like Armand One and some defenders with First Division experience.