Cricket: Friends Life t20

kevshat

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 2 for me in tonight's TV game. 5pts Durham Most 6's Evs Skybet I got burnt with this bet on the opening match of the competition but I'm confident it will land tonight. Since murdering Durham in their first match it's got progressively worse for Warwickshire and their last 6 batting efforts have been shambles really. I can't see that improving with no Porterfield tonight and against this Durham bowling attack. Durham's top 6 can all hit a long ball as can Plunkett a bit further down the order while the likes of Woakes and Barker have been quite expensive with the ball and can go for the big ones. Warwickshire look devoid of real 6 hitters perhaps Woakes aside and with the likes of Mustard, Blackwell and Benkenstein among others I think Durham will hit the most 6's in what is a much more important match for them. 1pt ew K.Barker Top Warwickshire Batsman 12/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) With William Porterfield off on Irish duty Warwickshire need to find a number three this evening and I just wonder if Keith Barker will be shoved up there as he was earlier in the season to prepare for the returning CB40. He's certainly a candidate to bat there and if he does this 12/1 is a big price. It's not the worst price if he bats down the order because this isn't a Warwickshire batting line up which is in tip top form. Barker made a 50 in the Championship a couple of weeks ago so he's got a bit of form behind him and he looks a nice bet here and a very tasty bet should be waltz out at the fall of the first wicket.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20

2 for me in tonight's TV game. 5pts Durham Most 6's Evs Skybet I got burnt with this bet on the opening match of the competition but I'm confident it will land tonight. Since murdering Durham in their first match it's got progressively worse for Warwickshire and their last 6 batting efforts have been shambles really. I can't see that improving with no Porterfield tonight and against this Durham bowling attack. Durham's top 6 can all hit a long ball as can Plunkett a bit further down the order while the likes of Woakes and Barker have been quite expensive with the ball and can go for the big ones. Warwickshire look devoid of real 6 hitters perhaps Woakes aside and with the likes of Mustard, Blackwell and Benkenstein among others I think Durham will hit the most 6's in what is a much more important match for them. 1pt ew K.Barker Top Warwickshire Batsman 12/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) With William Porterfield off on Irish duty Warwickshire need to find a number three this evening and I just wonder if Keith Barker will be shoved up there as he was earlier in the season to prepare for the returning CB40. He's certainly a candidate to bat there and if he does this 12/1 is a big price. It's not the worst price if he bats down the order because this isn't a Warwickshire batting line up which is in tip top form. Barker made a 50 in the Championship a couple of weeks ago so he's got a bit of form behind him and he looks a nice bet here and a very tasty bet should be waltz out at the fall of the first wicket.
Horrible performance but Benkenstein's couple of big hits made it 4-3 on sixes :clap

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 4 Points Northants Vs Lancashire - Under 6.5 6's 5/6 WilliamHill This game is at The county ground. The games this year at this ground have been Yorkshire (5 sixes), Worcestershire (3 sixes), Wawrickshire (1 six), Durham (5 sixes), Leicestershire (6 sixes). So none of the games yet have cleared the line. The outfeild is big and more games would finish below 7 sixes than over it. Lancashire have a very strong bowling line up and wouldn't suprise me if Northants struggle to put up a high total anyway. Northants also have a good bowling line up so this makes the bet more appealing. Lancs win here and they are through, hoping they do it without smashing it in the stands though! :)

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Been off for a while due to various job reasons and uni stuff but taking a few in the tv game tonight in what's been a horrid competition personally for me. Lancashire most sixes- 8/11 Coral- (5/10) I do fancy Lancs to win tonight and also outscore their opponents tonight in terms of maximums with the big hitters they do have in their side. They are in good form of late, as they try and reach the last 8 of the competition. They've won their last 3, with easy wins over Notts and Derbyshire, which followed an impressive win over Durham. They have hit a combined total of 13 sixes in those 3 matches, winning the sixes battle in each game, which against the likes of Durham and Notts with their batting talent, is no easy feat. Northants have only hit 5 sixes in their past 4 matches, and couldn't muster a single maximum up at Grace Road where Will Jefferson managed 5 by himself alone. Of course the likes of Botha, Hall, White and more predominantly O'Brien are dangerous threats to the bet but as mentioned, they haven't managed to clear the boundaries consistently in games recently on easier batting pitches than Northampton, so I don't see them hitting too many today on a difficult batting pitch as we've seen this year. This with the fact that the Lancashire bowling attack is one of the strongest around at the minute, with Mahmood, Maharoof and the promising Junaid Khan bowling with the new ball, then Keedy and Parry in the middle overs, and not forgetting Glen Chapple who is wily enough to keep it tight. The Steelback batsman won't find it easy at all to get the ball away from that lineup so I'm backing the likes of Croft, Smith, Moore, Maharoof and co to hit a few themselves against a weaker Northants bowling attack and win the sixes battle for Lancs which I think they will do. Northants Fall of 1st Wicket Under 22.5 Runs- 5/6 Coral- (4/10) Ladbrokes have the line a couple of runs lower than this so I'm happy to take the 22.5 line on. As I spoke about in the sixes bet, Mahmood and Maharoof will open up for Lancs who are both quick and will swing the ball about, not to mention their variety of balls as well which will keep the likes of White and Shafayat thinking early on as they try and make the most of the powerplay. We've seen on the sky cameras already this year how difficult it is to get the ball away on this pitch and it does help the bowlers up top quite significantly in which I expect Mahmood and Maharoof to get some early success on. With the Northants oponers, I expect it to be White and Shafayat, although they can mix it up a bit but if it indeed is this pairing, there is a good chance of an early breakthrough. Shafayat has 2 ducks in his previous 3 T20 innings, whilst White will try and power his way through the early overs so with the quality of the Lancashire opening bowlers, I'll back them to deliver an early wicket or two. Farveez Maharoof Top Lancashire Batsman- 10/1 Coral- (1/10 E/W)- 1/5, 1,2,3 Don't often do the each way value option of the top batsman like I know Kev does but today I will and it involves the overseas man here who I feel is overpriced. He is almost certain to bat at 5, like he has done for the entire competition so every chance he wil have a decent amount of time at the crease on this difficult Northampton pitch. He has already topscore for Lancs a couple of weeks back against Durham and in his last innings he carried his bat with a run a ball 11. He hasn't been required in the last couple of matches due to easy wins for Lancashire but is certainly no mug at the crease, with first class centuries, and international fifties to his name, so for an international cricketer batting at 5, I'll favour him to hit some runs and provide an each way return in the Lancs innings.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 4 points Northants Vs Lancs Under 29.5 4's William Hill This line hasn't been covered all year. Infact, Lancashire and Northants played a T20 game at this ground last year and both teams came up with huge totals of 180+ and still didn't manage to cross this line. With Lancashires bowling attack, Northants total should be pegged back leaving 30 fours+ unlikely.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20

4 points Northants Vs Lancs Under 29.5 4's William Hill This line hasn't been covered all year. Infact, Lancashire and Northants played a T20 game at this ground last year and both teams came up with huge totals of 180+ and still didn't manage to cross this line. With Lancashires bowling attack, Northants total should be pegged back leaving 30 fours+ unlikely.
Just wanted to point out that the bet you have looked at on William Hill is for the total match boundaries. In other words, total number of 4's and 6's in the match and not just the total number of 4's. :ok

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 2 for me. 6pts Under 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill I'm happy to take this line for a few reasons. Firstly it hasn't been covered at Wantage Road this season, secondly because both sides have their strength in their bowling rather than their batting and maybe Niall O'Brien, who has annoyingly caught a flight back to play in this game, aside, there isn't a natural six hitter in either side. The third reason is Northants have to play in the middle of the square when the TV cameras come along due to a lack of space for the camera and the studio anywhere else on the ground. With Botha as overseas player the ropes are pushed as far back as is possible too so these are long boundaries. We saw in the Durham game here that this isn't an easy wicket to bat on and with Northants riding high in the Championship I expect the grass to stay on the wickets throughout the season now. Tricky wicket, good bowling attacks, not the best batting line ups and huge boundaries. All equals less than 7 6's to me. 3pts Highest Individual Score - 25-49 15/8 Blue Square Similar to the above really. I don't see this as a high scoring match on a tricky wicket with both batting line up's not the best and both bowling attacks going well. Northants have been horrendous with the bat in T20 this season and against a near all international bowling attack that's unlikely to change while the likes of Brooks, Hall, Daggett and Botha can keep chipping away at this Lancashire line up. Although the Stan James line has the extra 5 runs the price with Blue Square is sufficiently high enough for me to take the added rish and go with the highest individual score being somewhere between 25 and 49 runs.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Tiny loss of -0.61 tonight which could have been so much better if Maharoof would have got hold of his shot down to long off which got him out. Would have led to Lancs winning the sixes contest and also him top scoring. As it was though, only a place for him in the top 3, and no sixes in the entire match. Unders was always the right shout so well done to everyone on that bet. As expected a couple of early wickets in the Northants innings giving me a minimal loss but could have been a great deal better.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Great shouts all round in here. +2 for me on the day. The frustrating thing about Wakely being the one to go beyond 49 runs is I was looking at backing him each way but the 9/2 price put me off a bit and I thought the individual score was better value :wall. Anyway 3 straight profitable days which is nice and it gets me back to -41.14 overall.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 3 for me tonight. 2 in the TV game which is Lancashire vs Warwickshire and one elsewhere. 3pts Middlesex to beat Gloucestershire 6/5 VC Middlesex look a big price here and I can only assume they are this price because of the walloping they took from Gloucestershire at Uxbridge but if O'Brien can do that again at Bristol well then good luck to him. We saw on Sunday that this isn't an easy wicket to bat on but Middlesex have enough experience in their side to cope with it. Rogers, Newman, Dalrymple, Malan and Dexter have all played a lot of cricket and will know how to deal with a dodgy wicket. Gloucestershire are a young side and against this Middlesex squad which is a lot stronger than I thought it might be I think the Gladiators could struggle. They've just been bowled out for 80 odd against Glamorgan and so confidence is likely to be quite low which gives me the ammunition to take the Panthers here. 3pts Lancashire Most 6's 6/5 Boylesports We saw last night that this Lancashire bowling attack isn't easy to score runs off let alone 6's and Warwickshire have already been skittled by them for barely 100 in the reverse fixture between these two sides. The likes of Moore, Croft and Smith will be able to hit a bit more fluently in this match with the boundaries pretty accessible. I don't envisage Warwickshire getting hold of this Lancashire attack too easily this evening but the likes of Chris Woakes and even to a lesser extent Keith Barker are both candidates to go. I'd have Lancashire as favourites to hit the most 6's tonight so I'm happy to be on at 6/5. 2pts J.Khan Most Economical Bowler 5/1 Stan James Only Junaid Khan, Gary Keedy, Farveez Maharoof, Ant Botha, Chris Woakes and Neil Carter count in this market. I think Junaid Khan is a decent price here. I accept the wicket is slow and will spin but it still won't be easy to get Junaid away. He's actually the most economical bowler of the 6 included in this market in the competition albeit there isn't a lot between he and Keedy. He's got a devilish yorker and bowls well under pressure and while Keedy should win I think Khan is a big price at 5/1 especially when a few genuine challengers in Piolet, Patel and Parry aren't included here. I'll take the Pakistan left armer to repeat his heroics of last night.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 3 for me in the TV game in a match I expect Lancashire to win comfortably and secure their place in the last 8. Lancashire Highest 6 Over Score- 4/5 Sportingbet- (5/10) Price is a tad higher than most bookies so I'm happy to back Moore, Smith and Croft to get their side of to a good start when indeed they do bat. They have all been amongst the runs in the past few matches up at Old Trafford and have hit them in good time as well whereas teams who have travelled up to Manchester have struggled to adjust to the conditions early on. Also much prefer the strong Lancs seamers up top to that of Warwickshire, with Khan, Maharoof and Mahmood bowling in the early overs, and as we saw yesterday, not easy to get away and I see this to be the case tonight. Warwickshire have the likes of Carter to bowl early on and he can certainly go for a few with a ton of loose deliveries. Just with the extra bowling quality and the fact they know how to play these conditions, I'll back the home side to be on top come the end of the first 6. Warwickshire Fall of First Wicket Under 22.5 Runs- 5/6 Coral- (5/10) Same bet I took on yesterday with Northants and I'm confident again today that Lancs can manage an early break through. Astonishingly enough, the Bears have never got to 23 runs in any of their T20 matches this season without losing a wicket. That amazed me when I looked through their games and it won't be easy at all to break that duck today with the likes of Khan in particular and Maharoof. We saw Khan bowl his yorkers very well at the death yesterday, but up top, he was bowling quickly and not allowing the batsman any time or room to play the ball. This means that, like with O'Brien yesterday, the batsman have to force the ball more and against this guy, is a hugely difficult task. Maharoof is no mug with the ball either, far from it and he should get some movement with the new ball as well. Presuming the Bears won't change their opening two, so that will mean an out of form Chopra who hasn't got into double figures in the past two matches, and the explosive Carter who is there as a pinch hitter and will look to use power rather than style to hit his runs so take your pick over who could fall early on, both wouldn't suprise me but regardless, I see an early wicket for Khan or Maharoof here. Lancashire Most 6's- 21/20 Bet365- (3/10) Kev has taken the best price I have seen available but I don't have an account with them so I'll still take the odds against on Lancashire who haven't struggled to clear the ropes at Old Trafford recently. Granted this bet didn't come through yesterday but I'm happy to back it again seeing as though they have hit 13 6's in the past 3 matches on their home ground and their bowlers are not easy to tonk by any batsman in the domestic game. The seamers should keep it tight, and then the likes of Parry and Keedy with their spin in the middle overs are difficult to get away usually but batting wise, Moore, Smith and Croft, as well as Brown, Mahmood and Maharoof can chip in with some big hitting to bring this one through.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Yeah who'd have thought one six would be enough to bring the bet in. Tonight was almost identical to last night's match and without Khan to bowl at the death they would be a distinctly average side who lack one quality batsman which all the other sides possess. Anyway Lancs had a good powerplay before stumbling, which with the most 6's, cancelled out the loss for the 1st Warwickshire wicket which ironically was the first time they covered the line all season giving me a small profit of +2.15 for the night.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Small loss last night so -42.54pts coming into tonight. Going with two in the TV game. 5pts Surrey vs Kent - Over 5.5 6's 5/6 Skybet This line looks low enough for me to have a fair bet on tonight. I was at The Oval last week for the Hampshire game and the boundaries were in and there was a very short boundary to the Peter May Stand side of the ground. I would imagine this match will be played on the wicket used for the recent Championship match between these two which would definitely have a shortish square boundary. We already know that the boundaries straight are quite short anyway since the OCS Stand has been built. These two played at Beckenham in their reverse fixture which is a smaller ground but the wicket wouldn't have been as good as tonight's one. There were 11 6's in that match and given that we've got the likes of Davies, Maynard, Roy, Hamilton-Brown, de Bruyn and even Arafat and Ansari who all hit a big ball for Surrey and Mahmood, Stevens, Riaz and even van Jaarsveld, Blake and Denly for Kent then this line looks a touch on the low side. There's a lot at stake here which may not be ideal but I reckon there's enough about these two to give us 6 6's this evening. 1pt ew Z.de Bruyn Top Surrey Batsman 9/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Zander de Bruyn comes into this match having just hit 179 against this same opposition in the Championship match here over the last few days so he could barely be in better form right now. He looked in fair nick against Hampshire last week and was third in the reverse fixture between these two. With Surrey liking to go hard at the top he's the safety valve if it all goes tits up but he can also pepper the boundaries himself when he's in and gets going. We don't quite have the safety net of a full refund for a place here but given his huge ton and the confidence that should have given him I'll take the risk of the small loss on a place for the potential reward for a top score from the former Somerset man.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Hmm I was hoping you would be on Surrey most 6s or total boundaries with hills at 30.5, both of which I like the look of. The only hesitation I have with the total 6s is, as you say, there is a bit riding on the game and people may be apprehensive to chance their arm, I think in these situations the first 10 overs are important, if they get off to a start and hit a 6 or two it could sail over, as players see how possible it is. I think I might go for total boundaries @ 30.5. Surreys games are the oval have got 43,46,25,35,35 and 27. The two under that total were in games where someone scored 110 and 111, I dont think either of these teams will do that tonight (but would rather see Surrey batting first!) edit/ the 46 is an extrapolation where only one innings was played, I actually calculated it wrong, 20 boundaries were scored by the team that batted, so i guess that would have at least gone over this total.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Funnily enough the 3 I was looking at were the Surrey most 6's, the boundary line and Surrey highest first 6 overs but I'm leaving them all as something is holding me back. Am heavily tempted with the total boundaries mentioned by gettingfatter. GL to everyone tonight.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 just found another one - Maynard @ evens vs Hamilton-Brown. I strongly believe Maynard is the better bat and Maynard gets more of a free role where as Hamilton Brown is there to get them off to a quick start. that one is on hills and seemed strange to me as most of the other matchups are between the top run scorers and are closely matched on this years records.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 It was a bit of a crazy game of cricket to be honest. Nice to get the 6's in early and then sit back and enjoy it. They said it was world record for the number of runs outs. 6 I think :unsure

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 -40.37 now. Final night of qualifying tonight. Hopefully it's a good night. TV game is Essex vs Kent. 5pts Essex vs Kent - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 William Hill This match promises to be a cracker. It's effectively knockout cricket in front of a full house under the floodlights and I think we'll see some fireworks this evening on these short boundaries. These are two big hitting sides. Kent hit 7 6's on a bigger Oval ground last night and there's no reason why they can't produce more of the same tonight. Essex have a line up where the hitters keep on coming. A slight concern might be that very few of their batsmen are in genuine form but someone will need to stand up and be counted. Both bowling attacks are lively but I think the batting line up's are the strengths on each side. It looks a high line but I expect a high scoring game and it's a line that if whoever bats first bats well it could be cleared in one innings so I'll take the overs. 3pts Over 1.5 run outs 11/8 Paddy Power It's a bit annoying there was that record amount of run outs last night because I always fancied a couple in this match tonight as we've got some of the worst runners in county cricket playing tonight in Bopara, Shah and Key. I saw Essex at Hampshire last weekend and every ball Shah threatened to run somebody out but he managed to avoid it however with the pressure really on tonight and each run being vital I think we can see some poor running or risky running tonight and this looks a nice price for a couple of run outs. With every run being vital hopefully we get a cheap run out at the end of the first innings and I'm confident we'll get another especially with the poor runners on display this evening. 0.5pts ew T.Phillips Top Essex Batsman 33/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Tim Phillips is going to bat low down for Essex tonight but they'll have to take so many risks that I think he'll get in and he's shown a few times on TV this season that he's hitting the ball nicely at the end of the innings. We saw last night that Kent's death bowling might not be the quality it looks on paper and Meaker got a few away in the last few overs which would be the position Phillips will be playing tonight. He can certainly hold a bat and if a few of his top order fail then he could well run into a place in the closing overs. And now away from TV..... 3pts Derbyshire to beat Yorkshire 13/10 Bet365 Derbyshire look a good price here in their own conditions. Yorkshire's batting line up has shown all competition and all season that it's a batsman light and they've decided to rest Bresnan, Sidebottom and Shahzad tonight for the more meaningful matches which are to come. Derbyshire have a big crowd expected tonight and it's important that they entertain them so that they come in for the floodlit CB40 matches as well as T20 matches in the future so although there's nothing on this match in terms of a qualifying point of view it probably means more to the home side and at a tasty price considering they've not been too bad in this competition, I'll take them to win. 3pts Glamorgan to beat Gloucestershire 5/6 Sportingbet Glamorgan bowled Gloucestershire out for 80 at the weekend and that's got to play a factor in this match. Admittedly since then Gloucestershire have recovered to beat Middlesex but like the match above I think there's more on this for Glamorgan as the home side going forward this season. Only James Harris has been rested for this evening but he never played last weekend either so as long as the Welsh side keep Kevin O'Brien under control when I think they should have the beating of the Gladiators again this evening.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Good shout on the 6's again Kev. :clap :clap I could have just copied and pasted my post from last night :) A bit lucky with Stevens not given out and then going on to contribute three 6's, but I will take that all day.

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Small loss for me on the night last night so back to -40.70 overall now. Quarter final line up has been confirmed: Hampshire vs Durham Sussex vs Lancashire Leicestershire vs Kent Nottinghamshire vs Somerset As a Leicestershire backer I'll take that. Quarter finals are on the 6th, 7th and 8th August so I'll restick this thread nearer the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Cricket: Friends Life t20 Quarter final time is here :cow

Saturday 6 August 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Kent (17:00 BST) 1.9 2.1 100.00 %
Sunday 7 August 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Somerset (13:45 BST) 2.02 2 99.50 %
maximize.gif Hampshire v Durham (17:00 BST) 1.62 2.5 101.73 %
Monday 8 August 2011 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Sussex v Lancashire (19:10 BST) 1.73 2.4 99.47 %