Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May Well, today's game is probably not a lot of good.. Westerlo won at home 3-0 so it'll probably be over. Westerlo will save their players up for the cup final saturday I believe and I don't know if Cercle still have faith in this... Looks to me like a -2.5 goals scored, but I'm not really sure I'm gonna bet this.. Not really sure of it.. I'm specially looking forward to tomorrow! Genk-Standard is the game I'm hoping on. The other games isn't that important anymore, places are taken, only fight for the title!

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May ooh man! I'm really looking forward to this! My final trick of the season, because I don't know about the cup... I'm watching this game for sure! it'll be tight but I already got an idea about where it's going.. I'll post my bet in about an hour, perhaps 2

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May bit sooner as suspected but I couldn't wait :) Selections: Standard: Bolat, Blazic, Opare, Goreux, Mangala, Kanu, Felipe, Boukhriss, Pocognoli, Ciman, Carcela, Witsel, Defour, Camara, Van Damme, Daerden, Berrier, Leye, Nong, Tchité, Pieroni Strange Pocognoli is in the selection. He injured himself last game with a tackle he made. His knee looked not right and I told my friend direct.. Well there go's his season and the preparation for the next.. Now it seems he is in the squad? I wonder how fit he really is... Genk: Joneleit, Matoukou, Hubert, Camus, Tozser, Vossen, Vanden Borre, De Bruyne, Anele, Mavinga, Buffel, Nadson, Dugary, Durwael, Casteels, Köteles, Kennedy, Courtois, Ogunjimi, Pudil, Limbombe No real surprises here... Now the game. I have a feeling I'm repeating myself all over again so sorry for that but... Genk is a good team. Great goaly defense did well this year and the strikers can score easly. Standard is a good team aswell. Since Van Damme and Kanu came in January it's all way better for the team from Liège. They have a lot more power and defensive it's all going way better than it was going. The team has a better balance now... In a normal game this would be to close to call, but as you all know this is a titlegame! Genk has enough with a draw to win the title, so Standard has to win! Possible line ups: Genk: Courtois - Mavinga, Matoukou, Joneleit, Anele - Hubert, Toszer, De Bruyne, Buffel - Vossen, Ogunjimi the question is how deep Vossen will play. To me there is no doubt this will be the line up, but Vossen can play as a midfielder aswell, and the longer Genk are on at least a draw the more defensive he'll play, leaving Ogunjimi in front allone. Standard: Bolat - Ciman, Kanu, Mangala, Opare - Defour, Camara, V. Damme, Witsel, Carcela - Tchité There is a question in Standards line up. Will Pocognoli play? That's a huge question. I don't believe he will.. I think it's a lot of bluff taking him with the team to Genk. The other question is who will play leftdefender. V. Damme could go to left defense, but more likely Opare will play left defense, given Ciman a chance to come back in the team playing right defender. Other question is will standard play the 4-5-1 I just gave you or will Leye or Nong come in the team so Standard will play a 4-4-2? In this 4-4-2 Witsel has been more dangerous, on the other hand Genk where really strugling against the 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 as you wish from Club Brugge with the 3 central midfielders so... could go either way. I believe they'll play the line up as I given, but as said I don't know how fit Pocognoli is and if he plays Ciman will go to the bench. Important duels this game: Standard defense VS Genk Offence Standard's defense has proven during this season not to be the strongest part of the team. On the other hand, since V Damme and Kanu came there is a lot more balance in the team and a lot more power. Defense is going a lot better now. Genk's offense has been great during this season. Vossen is top goalscorer, but he is missing his killer instinct more and more. In the beginning of the season he scored all goals, now he struggles more to score. Easy goals are not for him anymore. He missed a open chance last game, but he can still shoot verry precise from outside the box. De Bruyne Vs Ciman? De Bruyne is without a doubt Genk's most dangerous player! he's fast without the ball but with the ball on his foot he's still fast has hell! his oponent will have a lot of trouble and Ciman.. I don't know. He isn't a bad defender but I still don't know if he's the best option to place Vs De Bruyne. Therefore I got this feeling perhaps Opare could play on the spot of rightdefender. He's faster and played more games. Ciman has been on the bench a lot since january Hubert-Toszer Vs Defour-Witsel No doubt here. Hubert-Toszer is way more defensive then Defour and Witsel. Genk's midfield will play even more defensive today. Defour will be the most defensive midfielder of standard while Witsel will go deep! he is 1 of, or perhaps even THE best player of the Belgian Jupiler League. Last year he was good, this year he is outstanding! Everyone is talking about Lukaku, but to all you Premier League followers I say Witsel is way better then Fellaini is. Strong with the head, defending if needed, offensive if he can, good with the head, good vision, great physique + great shot! No doubt about it, this witsel is going to a Premier League team, probably next season! Tchité Vs Matoukou/Joneleit Tchité is an attack on his own. He isn't the most technical player, but he's good with his head, he's fast as lightning and has a (don't know if you say this in English aswell, but in dutch it is a saying) nose for the goal. He is atlethic and sometimes seems to be made out of rubber! a great player being difficult to defend on for everyone. Carcela Vs Mavinga Well.. I'm really sorry Carcela has chosen the marokkan nationality over the belgian. He's playing for the Marokkan national team and that's really a los. In belgium we got a lot of good wingers. De Bruyne, Dembele (could play there aswell), Mertens, El Ghanassy and last but def. not least Hazard! But this carcela could beat them all! he could beat them all together if needed. To me he is one of the better wingers in the world already (Just behind the top like Ronaldo, Messi,..). Perhaps you think I'm exaggerating but no, he truly is a great player! Belgian attack could've been really great with De Bruyne and Carcela on the flank, Hazard behind the striker and Lukaku in front, but well I'm not discussing here about belgian national team. He has a strong leftfoot to shoot/cross. His free kicks are deadly and he can cross great with his right foot aswell. Mavinga will have a difficult game today! Well enough smalltalk lets get back to buisiness now As you can see teams are even. Great teams both, but there is 1 huge difference. Genk's players are all young and unexpierienced with this kind of games. Buffel is someone with a lot of expierience in this kind of games, but thats it. When we see the game Genk played in Brugge, it was terrible! they played really poor, and you could see pressure was taking over! In Standard's team thats way different. Bolat, Pocognoli, Defour, Witsel, V. Damme, Tchité they all played (and eve won?) a title in their history. I'm not sure about Pocognoli but didn't he won 1 with AZ? the rest did win a title! they have played a lot more games like this and played champions league games. Standard won't choke in this game I believe, but I'm affraid Genk will! Thats why my final bet from this years Jupiler Pro League is Standard to win! High stakes!! Standard to be the champion!! gl all!!! :hope:hope

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May

bit sooner as suspected but I couldn't wait :) Selections: Standard: Bolat, Blazic, Opare, Goreux, Mangala, Kanu, Felipe, Boukhriss, Pocognoli, Ciman, Carcela, Witsel, Defour, Camara, Van Damme, Daerden, Berrier, Leye, Nong, Tchité, Pieroni Strange Pocognoli is in the selection. He injured himself last game with a tackle he made. His knee looked not right and I told my friend direct.. Well there go's his season and the preparation for the next.. Now it seems he is in the squad? I wonder how fit he really is... Genk: Joneleit, Matoukou, Hubert, Camus, Tozser, Vossen, Vanden Borre, De Bruyne, Anele, Mavinga, Buffel, Nadson, Dugary, Durwael, Casteels, Köteles, Kennedy, Courtois, Ogunjimi, Pudil, Limbombe No real surprises here... Now the game. I have a feeling I'm repeating myself all over again so sorry for that but... Genk is a good team. Great goaly defense did well this year and the strikers can score easly. Standard is a good team aswell. Since Van Damme and Kanu came in January it's all way better for the team from Liège. They have a lot more power and defensive it's all going way better than it was going. The team has a better balance now... In a normal game this would be to close to call, but as you all know this is a titlegame! Genk has enough with a draw to win the title, so Standard has to win! Possible line ups: Genk: Courtois - Mavinga, Matoukou, Joneleit, Anele - Hubert, Toszer, De Bruyne, Buffel - Vossen, Ogunjimi the question is how deep Vossen will play. To me there is no doubt this will be the line up, but Vossen can play as a midfielder aswell, and the longer Genk are on at least a draw the more defensive he'll play, leaving Ogunjimi in front allone. Standard: Bolat - Ciman, Kanu, Mangala, Opare - Defour, Camara, V. Damme, Witsel, Carcela - Tchité There is a question in Standards line up. Will Pocognoli play? That's a huge question. I don't believe he will.. I think it's a lot of bluff taking him with the team to Genk. The other question is who will play leftdefender. V. Damme could go to left defense, but more likely Opare will play left defense, given Ciman a chance to come back in the team playing right defender. Other question is will standard play the 4-5-1 I just gave you or will Leye or Nong come in the team so Standard will play a 4-4-2? In this 4-4-2 Witsel has been more dangerous, on the other hand Genk where really strugling against the 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 as you wish from Club Brugge with the 3 central midfielders so... could go either way. I believe they'll play the line up as I given, but as said I don't know how fit Pocognoli is and if he plays Ciman will go to the bench. Important duels this game: Standard defense VS Genk Offence Standard's defense has proven during this season not to be the strongest part of the team. On the other hand, since V Damme and Kanu came there is a lot more balance in the team and a lot more power. Defense is going a lot better now. Genk's offense has been great during this season. Vossen is top goalscorer, but he is missing his killer instinct more and more. In the beginning of the season he scored all goals, now he struggles more to score. Easy goals are not for him anymore. He missed a open chance last game, but he can still shoot verry precise from outside the box. De Bruyne Vs Ciman? De Bruyne is without a doubt Genk's most dangerous player! he's fast without the ball but with the ball on his foot he's still fast has hell! his oponent will have a lot of trouble and Ciman.. I don't know. He isn't a bad defender but I still don't know if he's the best option to place Vs De Bruyne. Therefore I got this feeling perhaps Opare could play on the spot of rightdefender. He's faster and played more games. Ciman has been on the bench a lot since january Hubert-Toszer Vs Defour-Witsel No doubt here. Hubert-Toszer is way more defensive then Defour and Witsel. Genk's midfield will play even more defensive today. Defour will be the most defensive midfielder of standard while Witsel will go deep! he is 1 of, or perhaps even THE best player of the Belgian Jupiler League. Last year he was good, this year he is outstanding! Everyone is talking about Lukaku, but to all you Premier League followers I say Witsel is way better then Fellaini is. Strong with the head, defending if needed, offensive if he can, good with the head, good vision, great physique + great shot! No doubt about it, this witsel is going to a Premier League team, probably next season! Tchité Vs Matoukou/Joneleit Tchité is an attack on his own. He isn't the most technical player, but he's good with his head, he's fast as lightning and has a (don't know if you say this in English aswell, but in dutch it is a saying) nose for the goal. He is atlethic and sometimes seems to be made out of rubber! a great player being difficult to defend on for everyone. Carcela Vs Mavinga Well.. I'm really sorry Carcela has chosen the marokkan nationality over the belgian. He's playing for the Marokkan national team and that's really a los. In belgium we got a lot of good wingers. De Bruyne, Dembele (could play there aswell), Mertens, El Ghanassy and last but def. not least Hazard! But this carcela could beat them all! he could beat them all together if needed. To me he is one of the better wingers in the world already (Just behind the top like Ronaldo, Messi,..). Perhaps you think I'm exaggerating but no, he truly is a great player! Belgian attack could've been really great with De Bruyne and Carcela on the flank, Hazard behind the striker and Lukaku in front, but well I'm not discussing here about belgian national team. He has a strong leftfoot to shoot/cross. His free kicks are deadly and he can cross great with his right foot aswell. Mavinga will have a difficult game today! Well enough smalltalk lets get back to buisiness now As you can see teams are even. Great teams both, but there is 1 huge difference. Genk's players are all young and unexpierienced with this kind of games. Buffel is someone with a lot of expierience in this kind of games, but thats it. When we see the game Genk played in Brugge, it was terrible! they played really poor, and you could see pressure was taking over! In Standard's team thats way different. Bolat, Pocognoli, Defour, Witsel, V. Damme, Tchité they all played (and eve won?) a title in their history. I'm not sure about Pocognoli but didn't he won 1 with AZ? the rest did win a title! they have played a lot more games like this and played champions league games. Standard won't choke in this game I believe, but I'm affraid Genk will! Thats why my final bet from this years Jupiler Pro League is Standard to win! High stakes!! Standard to be the champion!! gl all!!! :hope:hope
great write up m8..i was looking at goals market for overs..either over 2.5 or 1.5...what do you think...will be alot of goals tonight or a tight affair? normaly alot of goals between these sides :clap

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May well.. I don't know.. I really don't have a clue about the goals. A lot of nervous players in the field is a strange thing. Could go under because of that, but if Genk can score fast, standard has to score 2 goals so..

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May Can't say I know much about the Belgium Jupiler league other than having watched Standard Liege quite a bit this season; but just wanted to comment on Grieksken's well informed / wrote preview of tonights match.. Cheers mate!

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May Grieksken firs of all i want to congratulate you since this is the last round of the Belgian league, i have been following your picks, especially for the past month or so,you really gave a lot of efforts to your precise and long write ups, with a very very hight sucess rate, well done to you mate and hope to see you around when the next season kicks out in Belgian Hupiler League. One question for you if you could answer me please, what do you personally think about the Club Brugge Tonite, am thinking of puting them with another team as a double with med to high stakes, looking ate the recent performance it tells that Brugge should win, Gent look in terrible form for the moment. Thanks bud and good luck with your Standard pick in which i will certainly follow you :ok

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May well.. good question... Club Brugge plays european football next season (euro league) but they have to go trough qualification rounds. Now, it depends on the Westerlo result in the cup. If Westerlo take the cup Club is on the 2nd qualification round. If not there is still an final game between Club Brugge and Westerlo to be played to see who plays 2nd qualification round and who 3rd.. Now, the question is if Koster wants to risk injuries this game and Gent really wants to win... I myself am looking a bit to a lokeren win in anderlecht or a lokere draw no bet.. think there is a higher possibility this would happen.. ow and ps. Thank you, thank you all for your kind words :) BUT! you have to remember to me it are bets aswell...

The price of the draw has risen' date=' but the price of Genk seems about level today. Depends on your bookie I guess.[/quote'] yeah im using a local one, and liege went from a favorit to an underdog... from 2,35 to 2,78 ...:(

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May Standard might be value @ 2.9 on Betfair, but isn't there more value in over 2.5 goals @ 2.0? Standard have to win, Genk will win the title with a draw. Logically, Standard will attack and Genk play on the counter. There was a similar situation in Holland on Sunday with Ajax v Twente. Ajax had to win - the result Ajax 3 Twente 1. I see value in over 2.5 goals in this game at 2.0

Standard might be value @ 2.9 on Betfair' date=' but isn't there more value in over 2.5 goals @ 2.0? Standard have to win, Genk will win the title with a draw. Logically, Standard will attack and Genk play on the counter. There was a similar situation in Holland on Sunday with Ajax v Twente. Ajax had to win - the result Ajax 3 Twente 1. I see value in over 2.5 goals in this game at 2.0[/quote'] i think you wrong.standard liege can win the title with only draw but genk have to win i guess am i right?

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May 2nd goal in Ajax-Twente game was a brilliant header from Twente in their own net, which led to their scoring the 3rd one minutes later. Without that own goal, it could have stayed on 1-0 for a while, with perhaps a 2nd one before parking the bus on 2-0. We'll never know, but it wasn't the open game the score could give to think.

i think you wrong.standard liege can win the title with only draw but genk have to win i guess am i right?
No, Genk are champions with a draw; Standard have 50 points thanks to rounding when points have been halved at the beginning of play-offs. In case of a tie, rounding is discounted, which means Genk would be champs since they didn't benefit from rounding.

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May idd, because they didn't had an odd number of points Standard is given an extra half point. Genk didn't get that because they had an even number, so they will be the champions with an half point extra if it's a tie :)

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May I saw some of the game. Both teams had a defensive style until they were forced to change. Standard took the lead just before half time, and appeared to be comfortable holding out, but failed to show much interest in scoring a second goal and paid for this when Genk equalised in the 78th minute, putting them in pole position to win the title. Standard then pressed forwards but the Genk defence managed to hold out with an outstanding performance from their goalkeeper.

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May well.. I betted against standard in the 2nd half, I mean.. You knew Genk would stay pressurise Standard, they where les nervous as I thought they would be. Ok, I still had a lot of profit if standard won, but now at least I don't lost any money! Idd Courtois, genks goaly made them champions! today again, 2 great saves @ 1-1 what gave them the title! Carcela, who had his head kicked of by Mavinga, taken out of the game is another hard and important thing that was against my bet so (suffered some problems with his jaws, broken nose,.. and he was away before he hit the ground what gave him a huge smack on the ground, not pretty to see, sure not with Wouter Weylandt still in mind.. Well, unfortunate you can't win them all! hope you guys aren't to dissapointed, but the longer a streak lasts, the closer you get to that loss.. Still a good game from Standard, unfortunate there was that 1 fault.. 1 header went in! + that crazy good courtois.

well.. good question... Club Brugge plays european football next season (euro league) but they have to go trough qualification rounds. Now, it depends on the Westerlo result in the cup. If Westerlo take the cup Club is on the 2nd qualification round. If not there is still an final game between Club Brugge and Westerlo to be played to see who plays 2nd qualification round and who 3rd.. Now, the question is if Koster wants to risk injuries this game and Gent really wants to win... I myself am looking a bit to a lokeren win in anderlecht or a lokere draw no bet.. think there is a higher possibility this would happen.. ow and ps. Thank you, thank you all for your kind words :) BUT! you have to remember to me it are bets aswell...
ah ps, Lokeren won so I had this correct, Lokeren, @ 7.60 with a real low stake gives me a bit of profit today since I didn't make anything out of the standard game

Re: Belgium - Jupiler League - 16-17 May Hard luck on Standard grieksken. But as they say you can't win them all. Just want to say cheers for all the great insight into Belgian football the last few months. You won me a nice few quid. :clap Looking forward to next season already :ok