** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Europa League Final > 18 May

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 18 May

Anyone know who Varela will be up against? May be worth looking at that player to be booked as he's a tricky customer. Porto v Braga - Falcao AG @ 6/5 - Betfair 6pts First bet of this final is a gift! Falcao to score peaked last night on Betfair and I was more then happy to take this price. The lad is arguably the best finisher in the world right now and he shouldn't have any problems netting against a team he's played against before. I'm gonna see how the markets are shaping up around an hour before KO.
Adding another with Betfair: Silvio (To Be Carded) @ 6/4 4pts Hulk will be drifting up and down the flank that Silvo occupies and will have an extremely hard task tonight. Silvio occasionally bursts forward leaving gaps which I would expect Hulk to exploit with great effect. He has a 'hulk' like body and a rash challenge from Silvo will be picked up by the ref Verdasco who isn't shy with his cards.

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 18 May Anyone have any idea as to why Porto are drifting? This morning they were about 1.72 -1(AH)- i thought i was doing well to get them at 1.94 on Betfair. Bit gutted as they have now went out to 2.05. In terms of the game, not a lot I can add to HastGills excellent write-up. Porto have been superb this season, watched them destroy good sides in Spartak Moscow 5-1 at home and Villarreal by the same score. They have been banging in the goals all season and ran away with the Portguese league. Braga are a good, solid, really hard-working side who otherwise id be really tempted to back at big odds here but having watched this Porto side and the attacking threat they have in Falcao & Hulk I can't see Braga having enough to stop them. On Porto-1(AH)@1.94 Betfair

Adding another with Betfair: Silvio (To Be Carded) @ 6/4 4pts Hulk will be drifting up and down the flank that Silvo occupies and will have an extremely hard task tonight. Silvio occasionally bursts forward leaving gaps which I would expect Hulk to exploit with great effect. He has a 'hulk' like body and a rash challenge from Silvo will be picked up by the ref Verdasco who isn't shy with his cards.
We are not worthy :notworthy

I've never been a great fan of betting on cards but this time I will give it a try since I can't see value in backing Porto. Suppose Dragons will be the team to attack during most of the time and Braga will be defending nicely packed in their half. Gunners will try to stop Hulk and Falcao and prevent them creating troubles for Artur by any means. Sure the game could go either way and if Porto score one or two early goals, Braga will be sitting no more in their own half. Yet I find Braga as favourites to get more yellow/red cards tonight. Braga -0.5 cards @1.875 Another bet I would like to take is Under 5 cards AH @2.00 The ref Velasco Carballo showed an average of 3.466 yellow cards per game in 15 Euro appearances during the last three seasons. The most important thing is he never showed a red card in those 15 games. I also expect him not to be in a hurry to show the first card because the last thing he would like to do in this final game is to colour dozen of players in yellow or even worse sending somebody off. Both bets taken with Bet365
5 cards for Braga 3 cards for Porto 1st bet won 2nd bet lost

Barga have done very well to make it all the way to the final but they now face a Porto side who have been simply sublime through out the whole competition. I expect Braga to approach this game cautiously but theres only so much you can do to withstand the oppositions threat. Porto only play one way an that's attack, attack an attack even more an with the likes of Falcao an Hulk among the goal threat, i can only see one side prevailing. 10pts Fc Porto win @ 1/2 :clap 5pts Fc Porto -1 AH @ 1.75 :\ Push 2pts Porto to win to nil @ 6/4 :clap 2pts Porto corner between 1st an 15minute @ 8/15 :clap 1pts Falcao 1st goal @ 9/2 :clap 1pts Hulk 1st goal @ 9/2 :\ :hope Please don't end in a draw, i don't fear a Braga win in 90minutes Ladbrokes Bet 365 Hills
Some shrewd bets by me to make sure somethings gained on the night :ok

Anyone know who Varela will be up against? May be worth looking at that player to be booked as he's a tricky customer. Porto v Braga - Falcao AG @ 6/5 - Betfair 6pts First bet of this final is a gift! Falcao to score peaked last night on Betfair and I was more then happy to take this price. The lad is arguably the best finisher in the world right now and he shouldn't have any problems netting against a team he's played against before. I'm gonna see how the markets are shaping up around an hour before KO.
Full house :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 18 May Porto -1.5 @ 2.28 :( Porto -2 (EH) @ 4.25 :( Surprised that Braga did not show more urgency to get back in the game in the second half - did not get many numbers forward and more worried about not conceding another goal than trying to equalise. :\

10pts Fc Porto win @ 1/2 5pts Fc Porto -1 AH @ 1.75 2pts Porto to win to nil @ 6/4 2pts Porto corner between 1st an 15minute @ 8/15 1pts Falcao 1st goal @ 9/2 1pts Hulk 1st goal @ 9/2
5/6 at decent odds ... what can I say? :clap :clap :clap

Great call :cow

Porto -1.5 @ 2.28 :( Porto -2 (EH) @ 4.25 :( Surprised that Braga did not show more urgency to get back in the game in the second half - did not get many numbers forward and more worried about not conceding another goal than trying to equalise. :\
I was surprised how it went, and how defensive the whole game was - including how cautious Porto were in the second half. In earlier games, Porto have destroyed teams after taking the lead - this time, they just defended their 1-0 lead. The match was closer and more defensive than most people thought, but Porto did deserve to win. I guess it shows that just because a team plays a certain way most of the time, they might still change it, especially when the pressure is on. People were saying things like 'Porto only know one way to play' but in the second half they played defensively.

I was surprised how it went' date=' and how defensive the whole game was[/quote'] Bare in mind they were in the final, 1-0 up, so there is only really the need to win the game. Some good calls in here tonight :clap

Got to the morning of the game now Rodriguez is out for Porto, they are now expected to line-up as follows: Helton; Sapunaru, Rolando, Otamendi, Álvaro Pereira; Fernando, Guarín, João Moutinho; Hulk, Varela, Falcao. Think Rodriguez might have given them a bit more balance but Varela is certainly more give them more of an attacking edge, with 10 goals in 26 games. Portuguese daily 'O Jogo' has Braga lining up 4-3-3 but I think it's safe to say it won't be an attacking 4-3-3! They have Paulo César lining up up-front for them but I thought he was doubtful with injury so I'm not sure on that, defenders Miguel Garcia and Rodriguez are also doubtful but we have to assume they will start in such an important game: Artur; Miguel Garcia, Pualão, Rodriguez, Sílvio; Vandinho, Salino, Hugo Viana; Alan, Paulo César, Lima. I actually found a -1EH (same as my earlier quoted -1.5AH) for 2.4 at stanjames, so played that instead and at a slightly higher stake. I quite like the -2 corner handicap available at evens with paddypower but it's not a usual bet I play so I'll stay away, Porto do play with a fair amount of width though and don't just play through the middle like quite a few of the better European sides nowadays. I'll let those with more knowledge of corner stats investigate that one if they think it's worth it. Think the anytime scorer prices are a bit off for Falcao and Hulk personally, at 2.2 and 2.34 respectively. When you consider Falcao has 16 already in the Europa 2.2 for anytime seems pretty reasonable would have expected 1.9-2.0 personally, Hulk will take most of the free kicks in and around the box and was taking the penalties before Falcao came back, not sure who does now, but it will certainly be one of the two. My final bets are: Porto -1AH - 1.9 - (stanjames) 6/10 Push Porto -1.5AH - 2.4 - (stanjames) 4/10 :eyes Porto -2AH - 3.2 - (bet365) 1/10 :eyes Falcao 1st Scorer - 5.5 - (paddypower) 1/10 :ok Falcao anytime scorer - 2.2 - (hills) 1/10 :ok Hulk anytime scorer - 2.37 - (betchronicle) 1/10 :eyes
Not a total disaster but it wasn't good. First half went pretty much as expected, Porto weren't great but we knew Braga were going to be defensive..should have opened up in the second half as Braga were more offensive but it just didn't happen. Porto didn't really look interested and hardly had a shot on target apart from the goal, as poor as I've seen them to be honest. Not happy, shi* game.

Not a total disaster but it wasn't good. First half went pretty much as expected' date=' Porto weren't great but we knew Braga were going to be defensive..should have opened up in the second half as Braga were more offensive but it just didn't happen. Porto didn't really look interested and hardly had a shot on target apart from the goal, as poor as I've seen them to be honest. Not happy, shi* game.[/quote'] It certainly was a poor game, both teams were poor, Porto didn't play as badly as Braga, so they won. Aren't finals often disappointing though? Is it the "fear factor" of not wanting to lose?

Re: UEFA Europa League Final > 18 May I think it might be the other way, Porto weren't afraid, they knew too well that they were going to win, so didn't really come out with a performance. Whatever the reason I agree with HastGill that is the worst I've seen them play this season.