Flat racing Weds 11th May

3.0 York No surprise to see INLER lining up in this company again after its fine run behind Genki last time out. Finished a close up 5th and could get the better of that rival this time. Is double the odds of Genki, so i will be having some of the 14/1 available tonight. The age trend also appears to be 4 & 5yo's favoured. The high draw is the only negative for me as the history of the race points towards a low draw. o.5pts win @ 14/1 Corals

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May Event 1.30 YORK Selection GOLD RULES (Each-way) Strength 2/10 Date 11/05/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 41.00 Reasoning The Easterby clan do well here at york and Michael two entries can go well but i just favour his 2nd string here having first run for the yard. Had a couple of good wins last year before form tailed off has a chance here in open race and i have also had small e/w bet on CLADERCRUIX 33/1 might need to come down a few lbs but good trainer who will get this horse in the winning enclosure at some stage this season worth a small bet at the price today. 3.35 york Another very open race. A couple e/w for me both should be around 33's THE GALLOPING SHOE is quirky but fair horse when all comes together and if ARIZONA JOHN can bring his fine effort at Catterick in September here could make a mockery of his odds.

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May York 3:00 Regal Parade 6-1 BET365(BOG) 1 POINT WIN Monte has given a great write up so not much to add from me. Horse is rated 119 and no penalty means he surely has a great chance in this group race today. The Nicholls combo are sprint masters and this horse has won its fair share of high class/group sprints over this distance and other sprints. Has also won in good company on this course so has everything in its favour. Bombed out last time in Ireland but that was his first run on heavy ground so strike a line through that. Ive heard some reports he may want a bit more cut in the ground but if you look back through his record he has won many a sprint in top class company on good to firm, ground is not a concern.

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May 1.30 York Wrote this about the unexposed Pekan Star last week in a race at Chester before he was declared a non runner: Totally missed the price on Nibani who makes handicap debut today only just failing to make a winning return in a maiden last month clearly on the improve and a mark of 82 might be lenient but the price has colapsed but that makes others look big prices and Roger Varian's runner is another carrying a similar profile into this race with only 2 starts to date, winning a maiden on second attempt last october, clearly goes well fresh and a mark of 85 doesnt look over harsh with the race working out well most notably the 3rd placed horse Local Hero who won next time out and then went on to win over hurdles next 3 starts including a Grade 2 hurdle race. Same applies here today although he creeps into this handicap off bottom weight and that looks a golden plan by a very shrewd new yard who have made a cracking start to the season with an already established yard. The other interesting runner is Bonfire Knight who won very comfortably under Hanagan on seasonal appearance travelling very well throughout and suggesting he is very well handicapped, a 6lb rise in the weights is fair enough and may still have more to offer. 2pt win Pekan Star 7/1 bet365 1pt e/w Bonfire Knight 12/1 bet365 6.20 Kempton Stoneacre Gareth is worth a small interest in this wide open event most of these have something to prove Onceuponatime is dangerously handicapped but has never won over this trip and long losing run is starting to get frustrating. Stoneacre Gareth landed a massive gamble on debut for this yard after being off the track for nearly 3 years that was off a basement mark of 45, and followed up under a penalty in good style again, ran a creditable race at lingfield last time to finish 4th but his running style is probably not suited to that track and a return to Kempton must be in his favour and a short break also in his favour and 3lb better of since that run at lingfield and well drawn in stall 2 for a front runner. 2pt win Stoneacre Gareth 4/1 bet365 9.20 Kempton Dvinsky looks a massive price at 10/1, he is a tough front runner who loves it round here and on the AW surface. He got back to winning ways doing just that in March off just a 5lb higher mark. Has won off a higher marks before and record here is impressive and an EW punters dream. Was a bit of a no show on turf last time out but could easily bounce back round here off a fair mark and well drawn in stall 6 to bounce out. 1pt e/w Dvinsky 10/1 vc

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May 14:00 York Shropshire makes his handicap debut here today off a mark of 97 and although it will be a tough ask off of top weight to win this race, I believe he has a great profile and looks a good horse in the making. Won really well on debut last year as a 2 year old at Haydock over 6 furlongs in good to soft conditions. The second place who was 4 lengths behind has won two handicaps since off marks of 83 and 89 and is now rated 95 so that form has been boosted. He then entered a group two race at this track over 6 furlongs and although he was well fancied that day he ran a disappointing race finishing 10/11 but I feel that massive step up in class maybe came a bit too quick for him. Made his reappearance 25 days ago in the Group 3 Greenham stakes and although he finished a 10 length 3rd place, Frankel demolished the field that day and has done again since in a group 1 race so that form doesn't look that bad. Shropshire should come on for that run and it appeared that he did appreciate the step up to 7 furlongs LTO despite the margin he lost by and it will be interesting to see how he gets on today for his handicap debut. 3pts win Shropshire @ 15/8 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May 3.35 York - Red Courtier - 16/1 WH Guna take a punt on the bottom weight here, Paul Cole's lightly raced 4 year old ridden by Will Buick. Only 7 starts to date and is stepped up in trip from 10f to 12f for the first time, which based on breeding shouldnt be a problem. His 2 handicap starts over 10f have suggested that a step up in trip may suit, ran in a strong class 2 3 year old Newmarket handicap over 10f last season and finished just over 2 lengths behind the winner but was outpaced in a key part of the race before staying on again. A similar thing happened on his reappearance before staying on again in the last furlong into a distant 7th. That reappearance showed enough promise to suggest that this step up in trip will suit and with the ground reportedly on the slow side of good where his better form has came i think he'll run a big race.

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May 6.20 Kempton - 1pt e/w Clearing House @ 14/1 (Sportingbet) This horse caught my eye at a very lowly level, normally at Lingfield, where he showed a good turn of foot for the grade of race. Usually held up, Kirsty Milczarek managed to get this horse to quicken to score over a mile at Lingfield on 2 occasions in March, followed by a defeat by the smallest of margins at Kempton over 7f when piloted by Michael O'Connell. Wolverhampton over 9f was the last thing this horse wants, and was comfortably beaten for the second time at the venue. He bounced back to form when given a poor ride, in my opinion, by Adam Beschizza, back at Lingfield. He sent the horse to the front far too soon and was collared by Angelina Ballerina (pair clear). That horse completed the hat-trick, and ran a good race on turf last time out off 65. Clearing House ran a decent race at Kempton after that race, but was outpaced before staying on again. Lingfield suits the horse more, but I'm still content to back this horse at Kempton. Possibly because of this, Milczarek rode the horse very prominently on his last run at Kempton - which takes away this horse's main strength in my opinion - and he dropped out very tamely. The horse has previously shown very little on turf, but there was more promise at Yarmouth when 3 3/4l behind Batgirl last time out. If Kirsty can hold this horse up for a late run tonight off a quick pace, he has a chance. Got a bad draw, but I think this could be a blessing in disguise, as she can drop him in. A mark of 58 looks fair enough, and can go well in a weak race if everything goes to plan.

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May

6.20 Kempton - 1pt e/w Clearing House @ 14/1 (Sportingbet) This horse caught my eye at a very lowly level, normally at Lingfield, where he showed a good turn of foot for the grade of race. Usually held up, Kirsty Milczarek managed to get this horse to quicken to score over a mile at Lingfield on 2 occasions in March, followed by a defeat by the smallest of margins at Kempton over 7f when piloted by Michael O'Connell. Wolverhampton over 9f was the last thing this horse wants, and was comfortably beaten for the second time at the venue. He bounced back to form when given a poor ride, in my opinion, by Adam Beschizza, back at Lingfield. He sent the horse to the front far too soon and was collared by Angelina Ballerina (pair clear). That horse completed the hat-trick, and ran a good race on turf last time out off 65. Clearing House ran a decent race at Kempton after that race, but was outpaced before staying on again. Lingfield suits the horse more, but I'm still content to back this horse at Kempton. Possibly because of this, Milczarek rode the horse very prominently on his last run at Kempton - which takes away this horse's main strength in my opinion - and he dropped out very tamely. The horse has previously shown very little on turf, but there was more promise at Yarmouth when 3 3/4l behind Batgirl last time out. If Kirsty can hold this horse up for a late run tonight off a quick pace, he has a chance. Got a bad draw, but I think this could be a blessing in disguise, as she can drop him in. A mark of 58 looks fair enough, and can go well in a weak race if everything goes to plan.
Milczarek off. Unknown 7lb claimer on. Out to 18/1. Happy days. :\:hope

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May 7.20 Kempton - 1pt e/w Anna Fontenail @ 14/1 (Bet365) Taking a punt on a filly who hasn't looked the easiest of rides, but shown ability on all starts to date. The step up in trip poses question marks on her sire's side, but her dam's side boasts plenty of stamina, and it could well suit this horse. Ran an excellent race on her handicap debut, running on well to just fail behind Jack's Revenge. Last time out doesn't look great on paper, but having travelled well in rear, she couldn't get a clear run until the home straight, and then when she did, she was snatched up on the inside, before having no extra to give once switched. Up in trip today which I think will suit the horse, and I think she can bounce back today to run a big race at a price.

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May A small e/w on 8.50 KEMPTON ICELANDIC 28/1 VC for me. Interestingly is tried over a mile hasn't ran over that since his younger days in Italy worth a try. Wasn't a bad horse on it's day on turf with give in the ground fist try at this course. A drifter in the betting although only 12's with LADDIES but worth a few pennies at Victors price e/w imo.

Re: Flat racing Weds 11th May :wall:wall:wall Just wrote a big post and then accidentally clicked a link rather than another tab...so you're gonna have to make do with a condensed version. 8.50 Kempton - 2pts e/w Tartan Trip @ 5/1 (Bet365) 1. Andrew Balding in decent form - last three runners before today 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 2. Consistent horse with course form - and two good runs including here last Autumn with visor on. Form at Newmarket worked out okay. 3. Solid reappearance at Ascot so clearly in good heart - without visor. 4. Visor back on today. 5. David Probert has a very good record at Kempton - level stakes profit to £1 of +£57 at the track. 6. Wide draw but hopefully will be good enough to prevail anyway. 7. Point North and Chilli Green have absences to overcome (especially former). Tiradito possibly better at 7f and poor strike rate. Competitive race, and the two main dangers in my eyes are Point North and Chilli Green if ready to go. Think this horse is bound to run his race though, and should be bang there at the finish.