UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May

Not a great start to the thread with all the bad jokes. :p Anyway onto the game.... I'm stunned that after three recent matches all finishing under 2.5 that the markets, once again, are pricing Under 2.5 well above even money. 13/10 on Betfair about less than three goals being scored is a truly incredible price. Sure Madrid need a couple goals to force extra time, and 3 goals to progress if they concede, but they are not going to come out gung-ho over attacking against Barcelona. They will have the 5-0 thrashing on their minds from last year's league match at the Camp Nou. So once again Madrid will approach this game in the same way they went about their recent league, Spanish cup, and first leg CL games. They will be defensive looking for counter attack opportunities and hope to nick a goal along the way; a goal anytime within the first 65 minutes without conceding will be exceptional for Madrid. If Madrid are still in with a shout in the final 20 minutes, I'm sure Madrid will go more attacking in search of a second goal. At which stage, if the scores are still close, Barcelona will be very cautious to avoid over committing and getting caught out at the back. So after 3/3 successes in recent weeks, I'm going in again on Under 2.5. :) Selection: Under 2.5 @ 13/10 on Betfair 14 points
I wouldn't be so confident.Barca can easily beat them 3-0.Pepe and Sergio Ramos are suspended,as well as Mourinho and Khedira is injured. On the other side we have got Barca who won 2-0 away from home in the first leg and because of their hatress I can see them scoring 3 goals. Furthermore Iniesta is passed fit and Abidal is back in their squad.

I wouldn't be so confident.Barca can easily beat them 3-0.Pepe and Sergio Ramos are suspended,as well as Mourinho and Khedira is injured. On the other side we have got Barca who won 2-0 away from home in the first leg and because of their hatress I can see them scoring 3 goals. Furthermore Iniesta is passed fit and Abidal is back in their squad.
Of course Barca COULD score 3 goals but there is no analysis that points to this in your argument, Barca COULD have scored 3 against them in the league game, they didn't, they scored one penalty, they failed to score in the Copa Del Rey game and may not have made the breakthrough last week were it not for a dubious sending off. I agree with the under 2.5 logic, Mourinho won't go gung-ho and attack them because its not in his nature but they will obviously have to attack a bit more if they wish to stay in the tie. They are already out though, and Mourinho has accepted this judging by his comments. I don't think I would be backing Barca to score 3 in this game because a) They are already 2 goals up and don't need to win b) All the signs point to the fact that if Messi is not scoring they will again struggle to make a breakthrough as they have many players out of form in terms of goalscoring. This obviously could end up being a high scoring game but I wouldn't be backing that, there is little to suggest from recent games that this will be anything but another tense, low scoring, niggly game with plenty of diving and cheating involving two sides that have played each other too much recently and seem more interested in getting opposition players sent off than winning the game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Barcelona Over 2.5 goals @3.00 bet365 4/10 This game is going to be different than the recent 3 as Real are only going to have 2 holding midfielders, more importantly no Pepe, so Barca will have much more space and this will result in more chances being created throughout the game. Almost everybody available for Barcelona, the only problem, as far as the offensive approach is concerned, is the left back where Puyol will play as Maxwell and Adriano are injured and I can only see Abidal coming on for the last 5 minutes if the result is right. Barca will have at least 70% of ball possession, Real will be chasing shadows and neither the Barcelona players nor the 100,000 fans will be happy with 1 or 2 goals. I don't see a single reason why they wouldn't want to humiliate Real once again.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Barcelona -0.5 @1.7 (b365) Mourinho did a great job raising Real's chances, but at the end of the day they lost 0-2 and it isn't particularly unlucky. This was a terrible blow for Real, and to be honest I don't think they will be able to threaten Barca at Camp Nou after that, especially with the missing players. A full-squad Madrid 100% motivated could compete with Catalans, but as it is I'm all with hosts. I have also picked some CS 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 @13, @26 and @51, in case guests should fall apart. Small to medium stakes.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Real Madrid @ 4/1 Bet365 2pts Longshot here in footballing terms but fact is Jose is going to have to get his side to play football at Nou Camp today, there can't be play acting all game otherwise they will be out. They need to try and cause problems for Barcelona defensively, no question they have the attacking talent going forward, trouble is they haven't used it mainly because Mourinho has tried to contain Barca after 5-0 humiliation. Barca doesn't need victory today so I think you have to be careful if selecting them and at the prices I prefer Madrid to cause a little upset, hopefully they can take the lead then we shall see how Barca react with a one goal lead. small stakes.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Real playing football (instead of containing Barca) + Barca comfortable 1st leg edge ie. no pressure on them + the huuuge rivalry between the two teams ie. Barca will do all they can to punish their opponent = I wouldn't like to be in Real's shoes tonight. In my opinion, of course.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Barcelona v real madrid over 2.5 paddy power 8/13 Real madrid need to at least score 2 here or they are out they simply cannot defend and have to attack can see this being a high scoring game real will need to go for it but leave gaps at the back for barca to exploit both to score may be worth a bet aswell as real need to score and you can't see barca not scoring at home :hope

How anyone could back Barcelona at 1.70 or take on goals at these ridiculous odds on prices is beyond me. But they do say you never meet a poor bookmaker, and it's on occasions like this that I understand why. :rollin
Bold statement. I'd be weary of it coming back to bite you in the arse ;):lol

Exactly. It amazes me that people have the opportunity now to watch these two teams play out three matches recently all with the same low scoring, uninteresting results. There will be dramatics, diving, faking injuries and of course timewasting galore from Barcelona. They don't need to score goals, they don't need to risk bookings, all they care about is progressing to the finals with their best team available. How anyone could back Barcelona at 1.70 or take on goals at these ridiculous odds on prices is beyond me. But they do say you never meet a poor bookmaker, and it's on occasions like this that I understand why. :rollin
Actually think the odds on Barca are decent, but don't see it being 4-0, 5-0 as others have suggested, Madrid have earnt a bit more respect than that and Barca's recent performances have done little to suggest there is likely to be a thrashing handed out.

Real playing football (instead of containing Barca) + Barca comfortable 1st leg edge ie. no pressure on them + the huuuge rivalry between the two teams ie. Barca will do all they can to punish their opponent = I wouldn't like to be in Real's shoes tonight. In my opinion, of course.
im a huge fan of real, but i have to admit, that you are right mate... 1.morale is far away from great, whereas barca is confident and willing to break real once again... full house at home is a strong factor (in my opinion :)) 2.real has to play attacking football... with barca ... sounds like a joke to me... if pepe and ramos were in the squad, it would be a fair deal... but the situation has changed... messi in form...iniesta back... even abidal showed at the training... so everything quite allright at barca camp 3.there isa huge rivalery between those... barca has nothing to play for? are you serious? if barca could trash them tonight, they would rip their ar_es off, just to humiliate them...!!! i like this bet so much, that i played a -1 handicap for 2,6 at a local bookie... high stakes... have a great one you punters elite :cheers :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Look, every single day on this forum I see bets I hate, but I don't go out telling ppl they are fools making the bookies rich. No one has to take shit from anyone, and it serves no purpose anyway. If you want to be useful, reply gently with good arguments, and you could convince the OP or some readers against making the supposedly bad bet. If you don't care, well, do your stuff and let ppl do theirs.

Actually think the odds on Barca are decent' date=' but don't see it being 4-0, 5-0 as others have suggested, Madrid have earnt a bit more respect than that and Barca's recent performances have done little to suggest there is likely to be a thrashing handed out.[/quote'] I don't either, but I can afford a few tiny bets with high odds in case it happens, mostly for fun (huge odds are almost always for fun, anyway).

Not a great start to the thread with all the bad jokes. :p Anyway onto the game.... I'm stunned that after three recent matches all finishing under 2.5 that the markets, once again, are pricing Under 2.5 well above even money. 13/10 on Betfair about less than three goals being scored is a truly incredible price. Sure Madrid need a couple goals to force extra time, and 3 goals to progress if they concede, but they are not going to come out gung-ho over attacking against Barcelona. They will have the 5-0 thrashing on their minds from last year's league match at the Camp Nou. So once again Madrid will approach this game in the same way they went about their recent league, Spanish cup, and first leg CL games. They will be defensive looking for counter attack opportunities and hope to nick a goal along the way; a goal anytime within the first 65 minutes without conceding will be exceptional for Madrid. If Madrid are still in with a shout in the final 20 minutes, I'm sure Madrid will go more attacking in search of a second goal. At which stage, if the scores are still close, Barcelona will be very cautious to avoid over committing and getting caught out at the back. So after 3/3 successes in recent weeks, I'm going in again on Under 2.5. :) Selection: Under 2.5 @ 13/10 on Betfair 14 points
Barcelona have played away from home in all of those 3 games. Surely you would agree Barcelona are alot more likely to produce goals at home. Not very often teams go and keep cleans sheets the to Nou Camp is it? Particularly with Real missing key defenders and also needing to go and attack and score 3 themselves..... I can quite clearly see why the price is atleast evens. Barcelona have scored in all of there CL games this season, and Real Madrid all but 1 (exeption being the 1st leg). I will stay away from the bet personally. As for the result of this one, i think Barca should win, but you never know! lets hope for a better game than the first. Only thing i'm tempted to take is half with most goals 2nd @ even (skybet) - small stakes

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May There's been lack of goals in the El Classico's recently and I've lost a lot of money through it because I've always been confident of seeing over 2.5. However, tonight is different in my opinion. Firstly Barcelona have the home advantage and in recent CL matches it's been proved they can score goals at the Nou Camp, so now doubt they will want to continue in entertaining the fans tonight. I just can't see such an 'attacking' team as Barca to sit back and defend all game. Real Madrid, on the other hand need to attack. I can only see this as exposure for Barcelona to hit them on the counter attack. Fairly confident this time. High stakes - Over 2.5 goals 6/10 @ The Hills :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May I'd be a little bit cautious about backing the overs because Real "have to attack". Sure, they need to score 2 goals, but they also need to ensure they don't concede or the tie is definitely over. This is still a Mourinho team and there's no way he will want a repeat of the 5-0 scoreline in the league game - he may not be able to prevent it, but he'll do anything to avoid it. If you offered Mourinho a 1-0 lead in the 75th minute and play the rest of the game from there, I reckon he'd bite your hand off. It would be suicidal to throw everything at Barca in the Nou Camp from the 1st minute, so I wouldn't expect Real to be changing their tactics too much as the first objective has to be to stop Barca from playing. Only when/if that's achieved will they push forward looking for the goals they need. I won't be touching the overs/unders personally, so this is just a personal opinion. ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May There are many ways in which these two teams can display themselves tonight. For sure Real won't consider they are eliminated already and they will want to bounce back that 0-2. Barcelona will not consider themselves already qualified and will want to win, but carrefully, not letting the opponents to come close to their net. I believe that anyone that comes here on our site has seen at least 2 of the last 3 games between these sides. In all these games the teams shared the moments of domination of the games, both teams had chances and both teams played really well. I do not think that Mourinho will adapt other style to play tonight for two reasons: 1 is that if Madrid opens up against Barcelona will get another 5 goals and 2nd is that Mourinho teams always played in the same manner. So I really do not believe in an opened game tonight. Mourinho said previously he would love to have a team that stands in 11 till the end of the game against Barcelona. So he would prefer a narrow win tonight or a draw than a lot of goals conceded, thing that could happen if he will put in the field an offensive team against Barcelona. Mourinho never attacked Barcelona, remember Chelsea games and Inter games. They got a 0-5 defeat just because the players were not connected to the Mourinho's style of play in that moment. With Mourinho and this Real that thing is excluded. Of course the people from Barcelona will want another win against Real, but I know that Guardiola is a very smart coach and will send a team to qualify not for making circus.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Barcelona V Real Madrid under 6.5 cards @ 1.90 Bet365 Probably not a line that many people will be playing tonight but I think it represents some value and will play with small stakes. Barcelona just need to play their normal game and keep the ball, they don't need to go into any silly challenges and get involved in any possible sending offs. I think they will be aware of the bad press they got from the first leg regarding their play acting and will know that all eyes will be on them tonight. I don't think they will like their integrity being questioned and I expect them to be on their best behaviour tonight. Real Madrid are pretty much out of the tie and why they will be trying, I dont see them having the same intensity to their play. Especially if Barca score first and the tie is then really over. The referee is Frank De Bleecker and from what I can find out about him (frank-de-bleeckere stats)he doesn't seem to be one to flash the cards. IMO he will also be acutely aware of the bad blood between the teams and will be trying to get through the games with as little controversy as possible. People might think I am mad based on what has gone before, and it could all kick off within the first five minutes and this bet will be shot. However IMO because of what has gone before and the current situation of the match I expect this game to be an easier game to ref and less cards to be issued. GL 2 ALL

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Over 3.5 @ 2.68 bet365 Though Barcelona have a 2 goal lead from the first leg, still expect them to play their usual game, especially in front of their home crowd, and look to give it to Real after the comments Mourinho made about them. The players will be focused to hand out another thrashing, and with the return on Iniesta, it makes them even more stronger in the middle of the park. With no Pepe or Ramos, Real are limited with options in defending, which should give Barcelona more opportunities to score. Would not be surprised if Mourinho goes with a change of tactics, and goes with an attacking line up. He knows it is going to be hard enough to stop Barcelona at their home ground, with the players they have, and with no Pepe to control Messi like he did in the first leg, but he may decide to take it to them, with Kaka possibly coming into the side. Also expecting to see Ronaldo to play a bigger role as much of the focus of the first leg was the brilliance of Messi, and he hates to be upstaged by him. Another play who is capable of producing some magic for them is Di Maria, and believe they will give these two players, Ronaldo and Di Maria as much early ball as possible to run at the Barcelona defence. Mascherano is not a natural full back while Alves has been found out on occasions, especially the holes he leaves when the goes forward. Both teams have the players to score goals, and like Real to open the game up from the start, as the longer they wait, the less likely chance they will make up the two goal deficit. But the earlier they strike a goal, the more of a momentum shift it will create and put uncertainty in the minds of Barcelona's players. However, Barcelona will be still determined to go out there and rub their noses in it, and though it is doubtful that they will repeat the 5-0 drubbing they gave Real, they will look to score as many as possible. Liking this to have a few goals in it.

I'd be a little bit cautious about backing the overs because Real "have to attack". Sure, they need to score 2 goals, but they also need to ensure they don't concede or the tie is definitely over. This is still a Mourinho team and there's no way he will want a repeat of the 5-0 scoreline in the league game - he may not be able to prevent it, but he'll do anything to avoid it. If you offered Mourinho a 1-0 lead in the 75th minute and play the rest of the game from there, I reckon he'd bite your hand off. It would be suicidal to throw everything at Barca in the Nou Camp from the 1st minute, so I wouldn't expect Real to be changing their tactics too much as the first objective has to be to stop Barca from playing. Only when/if that's achieved will they push forward looking for the goals they need. I won't be touching the overs/unders personally, so this is just a personal opinion. ;)
i agree, as i said i'm not gonna bet on either overs / unders. Barcelona have scored 2+ in every home CL game this season and i can see them posing a real threat on the counter when Real will probably have to attack in the second half. If i'm honest i like 0-0 HT at 21/10 too

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Hi guys, my first post on PL :). I don't think Mourinho will start attacking Barca from the first minute. This may open his defence, give Barca more chances to score and his main fear should be not to concede an early goal. In their last three h2h games the score at HT was 0-0. Only in the last year game, when Real lost 5-0, the score at HT was 2-0. Only two bets before start: No goal before min 26 @ 1,83 bet365 - small stake Half with most goals 2nd @ 1,95 bet365 - small stake :hope GL to all

Barcelona V Real Madrid under 6.5 cards @ 1.90 Bet365 Probably not a line that many people will be playing tonight but I think it represents some value and will play with small stakes. Barcelona just need to play their normal game and keep the ball, they don't need to go into any silly challenges and get involved in any possible sending offs. I think they will be aware of the bad press they got from the first leg regarding their play acting and will know that all eyes will be on them tonight. I don't think they will like their integrity being questioned and I expect them to be on their best behaviour tonight. Real Madrid are pretty much out of the tie and why they will be trying, I dont see them having the same intensity to their play. Especially if Barca score first and the tie is then really over. The referee is Frank De Bleecker and from what I can find out about him (frank-de-bleeckere stats)he doesn't seem to be one to flash the cards. IMO he will also be acutely aware of the bad blood between the teams and will be trying to get through the games with as little controversy as possible. People might think I am mad based on what has gone before, and it could all kick off within the first five minutes and this bet will be shot. However IMO because of what has gone before and the current situation of the match I expect this game to be an easier game to ref and less cards to be issued. GL 2 ALL
Gonna follow you on that, i feel both teams will be a bit more cautious considering what happened in the 1st leg, i expect tempers to be less feisty. I feel Real are gonna have to bring the game to Barca which will leave gaps an spaces in the back for Barca to exploit. Everyone expecting a goalfest but i agree with Yiddo, this could well be another low scoring game, In all the games they have played eachother this season Real have failed to score in 90mins apart from that Penalty. I can Barca nicking this im willing to take correct scores at these juicy odds an ill get my stake returned if the game ends 0-0 2pts Under 6.5 cards @ 10/11 1pts Messi 1st goal @ 10/3 1pts Barcelona 1-0 @ 15/2 1pts Barcelona 2-0 @ 8/1 Bet 365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Barcelona v Real Madrid This is my modest and a bit brave opinion for this game... Lets not forget 2 of the games that played ended as 2 draws while the last one was 0-0 until 75th minute if I recall corretcly... I strongly believe that R.Madrid will leave the competition with honour while I dont see Barcelona losing at home... Under the current facts, stats and circumtances the price offered is bigger than it should be for me and I will personally take it... Draw @4.40 BWIN 4/10 Have a great day :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May I follow the guys going for the over today's bets over 2.5 and over 3.5 bet As known Madrid has to score goals in Camp Nou thistime so José can't let them play defensively all the time. If Madrid play more attacking they are strong and they have some guys that can make some goals. Ofcourse last times madrid tried to play football against Barcelona Barca showed their real class and have beaten madrid easly with a lot of goals. I'm not sure what Mourinho will do today but Barca plays football all the time (or try to do so). Meaning this game could easly go over gl all :hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 25-22-5 +0.40 units (53.19%) Barcelona -137 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes With how big this rivalry is I really dont see Barca laying down and going threw the motions. They will try to go for the kill, and make this win as big as possible.

Barcelona V Real Madrid under 6.5 cards @ 1.90 Bet365 Probably not a line that many people will be playing tonight but I think it represents some value and will play with small stakes. Barcelona just need to play their normal game and keep the ball, they don't need to go into any silly challenges and get involved in any possible sending offs. I think they will be aware of the bad press they got from the first leg regarding their play acting and will know that all eyes will be on them tonight. I don't think they will like their integrity being questioned and I expect them to be on their best behaviour tonight. Real Madrid are pretty much out of the tie and why they will be trying, I dont see them having the same intensity to their play. Especially if Barca score first and the tie is then really over. The referee is Frank De Bleecker and from what I can find out about him (frank-de-bleeckere stats)he doesn't seem to be one to flash the cards. IMO he will also be acutely aware of the bad blood between the teams and will be trying to get through the games with as little controversy as possible. People might think I am mad based on what has gone before, and it could all kick off within the first five minutes and this bet will be shot. However IMO because of what has gone before and the current situation of the match I expect this game to be an easier game to ref and less cards to be issued. GL 2 ALL
I'm going the other way on this match and plump for over 60 booking points @ 1.91 on Bluesquare. These teams hate each other,there is a lot of bad blood between them and I can see this being another tough game to referee. In the last 10 meetings of the two sides this bet would have won in 7 of them. Mourinho will be glad if one of his players gets another red (especially a dodgy one) as this will get him off the hook again when they go out. Both sides see themselves as the victim and blames the other team for the ill tempered first leg so I will be surprised if there is too much restraint.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Barcelona v Real Madrid > Tues 3 May Barcelona v Real Madrid - Penalty awarded Yes 9/4 William Hill Tonights ref is Mr Frank de Bleeckere. He has awarded a penalty every 4 games on average that he has officiated in this season. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/de-bleeckere/profil/schiedsrichter_166.html I just have a funny feeling that a penalty could be awarded to either side tonight. In Barca's circumstances, just the pure penetration of the oppositions 18 yard box is enough to warrant enough chance of a silly mistake from the Madrid defense. As for Madrid's chance of getting one, i believe they could well be going out of their way to get one because the fact that they need to score 2 goals in the Nou Camp without reply from Barca just to level the tie is too much of an ask from open play. So expect alot of theatrical play tonight from them, especially Ronaldo and Di Maria!