1 X2, 1X 2

I know this is a very basic question but can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I am trying to do this for an arbitrage 2 way bet but it doesn't seem to cover all the bases as far as i can see. The way i have been explained to place this bet is... 1 X2, bet on win with bookie 1. bookie 2 bet for win OR draw 1X 2, bet for win OR draw with bookie 1. bookie 2 be for win. I dont understand how this can be classified as a sure thing bet as it only allows 2 of the possible 3 outcomes to be covered.

Re: 1 X2, 1X 2

I know this is a very basic question but can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I am trying to do this for an arbitrage 2 way bet but it doesn't seem to cover all the bases as far as i can see. The way i have been explained to place this bet is... 1 X2, bet on win with bookie 1. bookie 2 bet for win OR draw 1X 2, bet for win OR draw with bookie 1. bookie 2 be for win. I dont understand how this can be classified as a sure thing bet as it only allows 2 of the possible 3 outcomes to be covered.
Looks to me like you need to place bets on: Home win & draw (1X) where the bookie prices this as 1 bet AND Away win and draw (X2) where the bookie prices this up as 1 bet. You have covered the home win the draw and the away with these 2 bets and also have the possibility of a double pay out if the game ends up a draw. GL

Re: 1 X2, 1X 2

Thats the way i understood it at first but I can not seem to do X1 or X2 or 1' date='2 (with out draw) with betfair or pinnacle. Am I missing something on either of these two sites[/quote'] Both these bets are available as stand alone 1X or X2 bets or as Asian Handicap +1/2 and so, depending on the game and the odds, may be available at Betfair and Pinnacle.

Re: 1 X2, 1X 2 No, it means draw no bet - you win if the team wins, and you get your stake back if it's a draw. Schalke +0.5 or Man Utd +0.5 would be win or draw - you win in case of either win or draw. Looking at your original post, I think there was some missunderstanding: your concept is to bet on double chance HOME WIN or DRAW with one bookie and AWAY WIN with another bookie (or your second variation, which effectively does the same, HOME WIN with one bookie and double chance DRAW or AWAY WIN with another bookie); in that case, you have covered all three outcomes (I don't know why did you conclude "it only allows 2 of the possible 3 outcomes to be covered", as all three outcomes are covered), but problem is, obviously, to find bookies who offer high enough odds that will allow such a bets, which has to do with looking for arbitrage opportunities, and they are not so frequent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage_betting

• 2 weeks later...