** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April

There are five of them: Sergio Ramos, Angel di Maria, Christiano Ronaldo, Raul Abidol and Ricardo Carvalho. Goal.com adds: Ramos and Di Maria usually play on the right wing for Real Madrid and will probably be confronted with Tottenham's Gareth Bale if they feature on Wednesday. Mourinho reportedly fears that the Welsh winger's class could lead to one of them picking up a booking that would result in a suspension.
great stuff thanks! i think there is no way if ronaldo or ramos or maria play that mourinho will advise them not to do anything silly. cannot afford to miss those guys for barcelona. also maybe if madrid scores one goal early and mourinho subs out ronaldo etc right away.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking Tottenham to qualify at 60.0 on Betfair. Madrid will be resting players and' date=' I agree with Van der Vaart, that the weakened 11 that Mourinho picks will start panicking if they find themselves 2-0 down before half-time. I think it's very likely Spurs will score the first goal regardless, given the circumstances. Those that do get picked for Madrid will not be going at this 100 percent as they will be looking to avoid bookings and injuries with bigger games coming up. So I think that 60.0 price will surely become a very tradeable price as the night wears on.[/quote'] why would they panic??? you do know that if madrid scores a single goal. tottenham has to score 6 goals to advance right. how many times has tottenham scored 6 goals in england much less europe. just give me your money.

why would they panic??? you do know that if madrid scores a single goal. tottenham has to score 6 goals to advance right. how many times has tottenham scored 6 goals in england much less europe. just give me your money.
Agree with this. Real Madrid are a different class to Inter in my opinion. They have the best manager in the world and arguably the best player (amongst others).

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April schalke v inter Inter should win here, an own goal and man sent off helping schalke in the last leg. Schalke had a lot of luck on their side it seemed, inter a penalty denied aswell. Inter will be well disciplined and at odds of 6/4 they are well worth taking. :dude

Schalke - Inter Inter over 20,5 card points @ 2.15 (unibet) Inter bookings match bet @ 1.83 (Betfair) The possibility of Inter closing the 4 goal gap is very slim. Especially with Schalke being in great form at the moment. As Inter gets more and more desperate, to the point of frustration, things could get very nasty.
I agree on there been cards in this game. I especially like Lucio to get booked at 4.2 on Betfair. He is a hot head to say the least when things are not going his teams way. Dont know if he will be starting tonight. Anyone know?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April Real Madrid arguably the best team in europe. 5/4 is an outstanding price!! tottenham will be trying hard but can you really see them beating real? outclassed and outplayed by far in first leg spurs have little chance. 5/4 backed up with mouhrinhos quote and first leg result has to be taken! best bet real madrid -1 @ 4/1 :loon you will never see this, again has to be taken. :dude

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April Real Madrid putting out an "A" lineup Casillas, Carvalho, Ramos, C Ronaldo, Marcelo, Xabi, Arbeloa, Albiol, Ozil, Khedira, Adebayor Tottenham SPURS: Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart, Pavlyuchenko i was waiting on this to make a play on tottenham but i dont think so anymore.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April Tottenham Vs Real Madrid I can't see past Madrid here. This is not a case of Mourinho having to park the bus in order to sneak his technically inferior Milan side past Barcelona as last year, this is Mourinho bringing a vastly superior side play a team in the country he says he has unfinished with. The chance to send a message, especially in his old stamping ground of London, will not be something Mourinho ignores I feel. In all honesty I think people have gotten a little bit carried away with Spurs' fairytale foray into the Champions League. The games against Inter aside (a team clearly struggling with then manager Benitez's tactics) their only really stand-out performance was in the away leg against AC. Don't get me wrong, that was a very good result, however, they got absolutely murdered by AC at White Hart Lane but it turned out to be "one of those days" and I believe AC could have played all day and not scored. On another day, 3, 4 even 5-nil would have been fair. And that was without Spurs haveing to chase the game! Their other results were against at best mediocre CL opposition and now, having to come out and attack a Madrid side organised by Mourinho, one of the greats at organising counter-attacking teams, I can fully see another 3 or 4 nil here. That being said, I've taken Madrid just for the win at 6/4 with William Hill and medium stakes as my funds should really be being put to other use at present. If my situation was different this would happily be a high stakes bet for me.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April So much has been said so far but got a slightly different bet that I would like to share. Inter Milan have got to do all the running in todays fixture. I feel that they will come out all guns firing and this game should be open. Inter will play very high up the pitch and be pushing for goals goals goals. Can they get them all? who knows this is football, but i am confident if they can bag 3 against Bayern on their dirt they can grab over 1.5 here. They have world class players and they know how to find the net if its from 5 yards out or 50 yards. Hopefully if they have netted a couple they will be continuously pushing for another and another and with my prediction of waves of away pressure hopefully away corners will add up. So I have chosen an adventurous double Inter Milan-1.0 (Corner Handicap) @ 2.50 Inter Milan Over 1.5 @ 2.20 Double @ 5.50 3/10 With the Spurs v Madrid game again so much has been said already. This will be a different game to AC Milan game and Spurs will try and finish their CL cup run on a high. The goals came against stoke, with Bale and Van De Vaart playing and a strong Real team, BTTS @ 1.66 looks good for a bigger stake. 1.66 b365 8/10 Good Luck and Fingers Crossed :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April Schalke 04 - Inter I expect Inter to start strongly, with a calm mind in defense now that Lucio is back. Milito is back as well in attack, and as far as the interviews go, Leo and the team have appeared confident. Now that the pressure is off they can play calmly, at least in the first half. That's where my two bets are: 1st half - Inter @ 3.40 StanJames 5/10 1st half - Inter (-1.5) @ 5.25 Bet365 2/10

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April Spurs - Madrid Madrid to win either half @1,60 (William Hill) medium stakes Madrid play with almost all the great players except for Di Maria. They will "certainly" win at least one half so I'm playing that @1,60 which is a great price for Madrid and should be taken at any time except when playing against Barcelona. 2 on corners (hcp 0-3) @1,73 (William Hill) small stakes Madrid won 9-3 in corners last time but of course the red card for Peter Crouch was important. This time the game will be different but I don't expect Spurs to gain so many corners because the Madrid defensive is tight and won't concede corners easily because of the aerial force of the Spurs centre-halfs. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April Further to my earlier comments and on seeing Madrid's line up they simply have to be taken, they haven't been this price away since the Barca match and Spurs are not in good form; Madrid -1AH 3.1 (bet365) 5/10 How anyone can bet on Inter after they defended like a pub team in the first leg is beyond me, will take goals though in both games tonight.. Over 3.0 Goals (Spurs v Madrid + Schalke v Inter) 5.17 (bet365) 1/10 GL All (bar the Spurs backers)..;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April Spurs have to bring the game to Madrid, so i was considering taken them on corners even though i got stung in the 1st leg. But i have decided against due to line set at -2 at a price of only 10/11, i rather be on Real on the plus handicap. Mourinho will start with a pretty strong line up so i doubt they will sitting back for 90 minutes, they have got players that will hurt spurs an put pressure on there backline, i can defiantly see Real pinching a few corners along the way. Real Madrid + 3 corners @ 4/5 Paddy Power Agree with overs in the Inter game i can see it being another open game ill have a wager on that aswel

Tottenham v Real Madrid - Over 4 Cards & Schalke v Inter Milan - Over 4 Cards At the current state of play, both Inter and Spurs need 3+ goals to even have a chance of qualifying, which is highly unlikely. As the game goes on they will get more and more desperate which will result in needless fouls. Nicola Rizzoli from Italy will take charge of the Tottenham/Real Madrid game and isn't afraid of flashing the yellow or even red card occasionally. He gave five yellows and two reds in his last domestic game, whilst giving six yellows in the Arsenal v Barcelona match just recently in the Champions League. Spurs have picked up a yellow in every home game bar three, Madrid have picked up a yellow every away game domestically. In the Schalke/Inter match, Damir Skomina will be the top man. The Slovenian isn't a strict ref however I think the Inter players might create some decisions for him to make tonight. They hate losing and may lose their rag if things aren't going their way, with Schalke picking up one or two trying to keep the Italians out. Inter domestically have picked up a card in every away game bar two matches whilst the Germans have picked up a yellow in every home match bar four. Double @ 2.33/1 - Bet365 5pts
Inter game went well over 4. It's a shame the usually card happy Rizzoli was determined to keep his cards away despite some late late fouls. Oh well!

Spurs - Madrid Madrid to win either half @1,60 (William Hill) medium stakes:beer Madrid play with almost all the great players except for Di Maria. They will "certainly" win at least one half so I'm playing that @1,60 which is a great price for Madrid and should be taken at any time except when playing against Barcelona. 2 on corners (hcp 0-3) @1,73 (William Hill) small stakes:beer Madrid won 9-3 in corners last time but of course the red card for Peter Crouch was important. This time the game will be different but I don't expect Spurs to gain so many corners because the Madrid defensive is tight and won't concede corners easily because of the aerial force of the Spurs centre-halfs. :hope
Both won. Nice profit.:nana

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 13 April Tottenham - Real Madrid under 2.5 @ 2.14 :) Schalke - Inter Milan under 2.5 @ 2.05 :@ Poor defending by Inter when conceding both goals. Rightfully they got knocked out with these two performances. Well done to those who got the over on this game.

I expect tonights game to be quite the same as the last nights game between Shakhtar and Barca and I can see some value in the unders. Real won't rush blindly upfront and will defend well, they won't have the greatest motivation as Barca didn't have it and carried the match in sort of a workout pace. Tottenham struggle to score against top teams. Scored once in two games against Man Utd, scored once in two games against Milan, scored once in one game against Chelsea. They had some great success against Arsenal and Inter but Real's defence line is miles better. I can't see Spurs scoring more than one goal tonight if they score at all. Under 2.5 @ 2.10 and under 2.75 @ 1.95 with Bet365 looks fine to me. Hopefully the prices will rise even more but a drop is also possible depending on Mourinho's starting line up choice.
The game went pretty much the way I expected it :beer

Spurs have to bring the game to Madrid, so i was considering taken them on corners even though i got stung in the 1st leg. But i have decided against due to line set at -2 at a price of only 10/11, i rather be on Real on the plus handicap. Mourinho will start with a pretty strong line up so i doubt they will sitting back for 90 minutes, they have got players that will hurt spurs an put pressure on there backline, i can defiantly see Real pinching a few corners along the way. Real Madrid + 3 corners @ 4/5 Paddy Power :clap Agree with overs in the Inter game i can see it being another open game ill have a wager on that aswel :D
Corners, Spurs 4-5 Madrid

Going with overs in Inter also. Inter have the potency with the likes of Stankovic, Sneijder, Eto'o and Milito to trouble the Schalke defence but regardless of Lucio's return, any side as attacking as the Italians will have deficiencies at the back, and even without Farfan, Schalke can take advantage. Ralf Rangnick, the Germans coach, is very much an ''overs'' manager, as shown by his exploits at Hoffenheim, and will see attack as the best form of defense.
Bit worried at half-time, as Inter had zero motivation to score in the second-half, but well done, Schalke, who deserve their semi-final spot. Even though they're obviously going out :lol

Bit worried at half-time' date=' as Inter had zero motivation to score in the second-half, but well done, Schalke, who deserve their semi-final spot. Even though they're obviously going out :lol[/quote'] Sir Alex has a bit of more steel in him than Leo I agree:dude Inter was always going to be undermotivated because of the 2-5 result, but this sentece doesnt add anything really.

Bit worried at half-time' date=' as Inter had zero motivation to score in the second-half, but well done, Schalke, who deserve their semi-final spot. Even though they're obviously going out :lol[/quote'] Lets hope that they can get to the final :) :)

So much has been said so far but got a slightly different bet that I would like to share. Inter Milan have got to do all the running in todays fixture. I feel that they will come out all guns firing and this game should be open. Inter will play very high up the pitch and be pushing for goals goals goals. Can they get them all? who knows this is football, but i am confident if they can bag 3 against Bayern on their dirt they can grab over 1.5 here. They have world class players and they know how to find the net if its from 5 yards out or 50 yards. Hopefully if they have netted a couple they will be continuously pushing for another and another and with my prediction of waves of away pressure hopefully away corners will add up. So I have chosen an adventurous double Inter Milan-1.0 (Corner Handicap) @ 2.50 7-12 won by -4 ;) Inter Milan Over 1.5 @ 2.20 :@ Double @ 5.50 3/10 :sad With the Spurs v Madrid game again so much has been said already. This will be a different game to AC Milan game and Spurs will try and finish their CL cup run on a high. The goals came against stoke, with Bale and Van De Vaart playing and a strong Real team, BTTS @ 1.66 looks good for a bigger stake. 1.66 b365 8/10 :@ Good Luck and Fingers Crossed :hope
Inter were so negative and Spurs were dreaming.