** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Darts: Premier League Week 7

kevshat

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 Webster v Whitlock: Webster win 2.9 Boylesports 1pts This was 3s yesterday. Webster hasn't been throwing that bad but has hit in his defeats and is averaging the same 3 darts as Whitlock and is currently finishing better. I think this price is too big to pass on. Webster v Whitlock: Webster highest checkout 2.15 Boylesports 3pts Not sure why there is no love for Webster here. This season Whitlock has only checkout above 100 once, whereas Webster has done this 5 in 6 matches. Webster has a much higher checkout average when playing in the PL and this seems really good value. Lewis v Jenkin highest checkout under 121.5 1.91 Corals 2pts I'm going to follow Jenkins around on this bet for a while. As mentioned last week he only checkout above this around 15% of matches (half the rest of the field). So basically it is down to Lewis and his chances are around 30%. Barney v Anderson: Barney highest checkout 2.1 Boylesports 3pts This is only 1.83 at sky. Barney has checkouted 160+ twice this season as well as two other finishes above 100 plus a 96. Compared to Anderson who's last 3 matches hasn't managed a finish above 50 and the match before that was 78. This looks another bet too good to turn down. Taylor v Wade: Wade highest checkout 2.3 Boylesports 2pts It was a toss up between this or Talyor highest checkout to be less than 108.5 at paddy. He is winning comfortably, but his finishing has been poor. Only once this season has he checkouted out above 100. So Wade probably doesn't need a great finish to win this bet. In 4 of his 6 matches this season he has checkout 120+

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 [4pts] Peter Taylor (to beat J. Wade) x Adrian Lewis (to beat T. Jenkins) @ 2.15 (Via Boyles) Peter Taylor set a world record on the weekend by scoring the highest ever three-dart average for a televised event in darts history in beating Raymond van Barneveld in Holland. This came after a stuttering, but easy win over the Wizard last week which was his 5th straight Premier League win. He's just on fire right now and I really see no match for him at all from anyone, anywhere. To be honest, James Wade has the ability to beat Taylor and has done in the past but he's such a shadow of his former self right now that I just can't back him. Last week against Terry Jenkins he threw some fantastic darts but followed it up with some stinkers and the inconsistency just won't work with Taylor. He almost threw away a 6-2 lead and only just ended up wining 8-6 against 2nd bottom Jenkins last week and I just can't see a resurgent Taylor letting up tomorrow. He may even be a little tired but the quality he has over Wade should be enough to see him through. Lewis on the other hand is in a similar position to Taylor. I actually think his performance last week against Anderson was the best performance from anyone in the whole competition so far. He had beer thrown on him in the walk in, coins being thrown at him mid-throws and found himself 3-0 down to a resurgent Anderson. Yet he still showed the maturity and the tekkers to overturn the deficit to win 8-3. Serious guy. Think he'll be too much for Jenkins who is struggling at the bottom of the table. Both Taylor and Lewis will see these as great opportunities to push on at the top and secure their places in the semis. At odds of better than evens I'll pay to see them do it.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 2 for me tonight. 3pts M.Webster (+0.5 legs) to beat S.Whitlock 9/10 Boylesports I've no idea what Simon Whitlock has done to merit an odds on quote in this match but it's certainly nothing he's done in the Premier League so far. Wins over the bottom two is all he has so far and his finishing has looked awful more often than not. Webster has been up and down too but that's to be expected. He has won big matches against Whitlock in the past though and that can stand him in good fettle tonight. We haven't seen a draw yet but these two match up pretty well so we could see the draw here but I'm happy to take this handicap as I don't think Webster will lose. 4pts A.Lewis (-2.5 legs) to beat T.Jenkins 5/6 Paddy Power Adrian Lewis was pretty impressive last week. Not so much in his average but how he dodged everything including the kitchen sink which was coming at him from behind. I think he'll have too much for Jenkins here. He scores way too heavily for him when he's on song and these days doesn't miss the doubles he used to. Jenkins will have to be on absolutely top form to live with Lewis who has won his last two 8-2 and 8-3. He throws first tonight so if the pattern of throw is maintained and he wins then the least he should win by is 8-5 which covers this line. He could feasibly win this a lot easier so I'll take Lewis on the -2.5.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7

[4pts] Peter Taylor (to beat J. Wade) x Adrian Lewis (to beat T. Jenkins) @ 2.15 (Via Boyles) Peter Taylor set a world record on the weekend by scoring the highest ever three-dart average for a televised event in darts history in beating Raymond van Barneveld in Holland. This came after a stuttering, but easy win over the Wizard last week which was his 5th straight Premier League win. He's just on fire right now and I really see no match for him at all from anyone, anywhere. To be honest, James Wade has the ability to beat Taylor and has done in the past but he's such a shadow of his former self right now that I just can't back him. Last week against Terry Jenkins he threw some fantastic darts but followed it up with some stinkers and the inconsistency just won't work with Taylor. He almost threw away a 6-2 lead and only just ended up wining 8-6 against 2nd bottom Jenkins last week and I just can't see a resurgent Taylor letting up tomorrow. He may even be a little tired but the quality he has over Wade should be enough to see him through. Lewis on the other hand is in a similar position to Taylor. I actually think his performance last week against Anderson was the best performance from anyone in the whole competition so far. He had beer thrown on him in the walk in, coins being thrown at him mid-throws and found himself 3-0 down to a resurgent Anderson. Yet he still showed the maturity and the tekkers to overturn the deficit to win 8-3. Serious guy. Think he'll be too much for Jenkins who is struggling at the bottom of the table. Both Taylor and Lewis will see these as great opportunities to push on at the top and secure their places in the semis. At odds of better than evens I'll pay to see them do it.
I'm philling that bet. :tongue2

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 Lewis most 180s v Jenkins / Anderson most 180s v Barneveld - 3pts @ 2.89 (Boylesports) Same as in previous weeks - these guys are the top 2 in terms of hitting the red bit, and I am sure this bet would come in more than the 35% of time required to be profitable. Taylor -2.5legs to beat Wade - 4pts @ 4/6 Paddy Power Generous from Mr Power I think, Taylor throws first so you'd expect him to win by at least 8-5 if he were to win, which I think he will. He's in great form at the moment, whilst Wade has looked a shadow of his former self during the PL so far. He seems more intent on playing to the crowd in a vain attempt to be liked. Only Taylor's domestic situation prevents me from going with a higher stake. 7pts staked

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 Phil Taylor v James Wade - Taylor -2.5 Legs @ 4/6 - William Hill 3.5pts Taylor has been returning to his former self just recently, winning the RTL7 International Masters in Holland at the weekend. His three-dart average of 113.60 against Barney in the final was the highest ever in a televised final whilst beating Gary Anderson and Terry Jenkins on the way. Wade faces a massive task in Brighton tonight, one which I don't think he will overcome. and a double which pays @ 2.46: Raymond van Barneveld v Gary Anderson - Over 12.5 legs @ 4/7 & Adrian Lewis v Terry Jenkins - Lewis @ 4/7 2.5pts

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 I'm having 1 bet for now on tonights action. 6pts Webster highest match checkout over 99.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power This line is too low. Don't really understand why it's this low. I expect a really tight game here. Both players are coming off 2 straight losses and will be really gunning for victory tonight. I wouldn't be suprised to see a draw here. Webby has beaten this line in 5/6 games and i see no reason why he can't beat it again tonight. Should be plenty of legs and thus plenty of opportunities for him to take out a few ton+ checkouts. Good Luck all :hope

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 Before this tournament I had never watched a full darts match before (can't believe I had been missing out - great entertainment!). Other than knowing Taylor and Barney were two of the best i knew next to nothing and so have been completely reliant on the performances so far in this tournament for my betting. As a result I am of the same view as Kev, how is Whitlock odds on and Webster almost 2/1? I haven't realy seen anything from Whitlock to make me think he is a top quality player. Webster on the other hand put in an outstanding performance at Exeter thrashing Adrian Lewis 8-2. In my opinion that was probably the best performance so far in this tournament and if he produces anything like that quality he should comfortably see off Whitlock. Even when his overall performances haven't been great his finishing has been of pretty good quality and I agree with pakellys view that a Webster highest checkout of 99.5 is too low. Wesbter was well in it last week against Barney until Barney pulled something out of the bag with three consecutive ton check outs. Whitlock put in a fair performance against Taylor last week and put in a bit of a fightback but I think that was more due to a little lull in Taylors performance than an outstanding performance by Whitlock. Like I said. Whitlock has done nothing amazing this tournament whilst Webster has put in a couple of cracking displays. Don't understand these odds so ill be taking Webster at 19/10 with Boylesports.

Before this tournament I had never watched a full darts match before (can't believe I had been missing out - great entertainment!). Other than knowing Taylor and Barney were two of the best i knew next to nothing and so have been completely reliant on the performances so far in this tournament for my betting. As a result I am of the same view as Kev, how is Whitlock odds on and Webster almost 2/1? I haven't realy seen anything from Whitlock to make me think he is a top quality player. Webster on the other hand put in an outstanding performance at Exeter thrashing Adrian Lewis 8-2. In my opinion that was probably the best performance so far in this tournament and if he produces anything like that quality he should comfortably see off Whitlock. Even when his overall performances haven't been great his finishing has been of pretty good quality and I agree with pakellys view that a Webster highest checkout of 99.5 is too low. Wesbter was well in it last week against Barney until Barney pulled something out of the bag with three consecutive ton check outs. Whitlock put in a fair performance against Taylor last week and put in a bit of a fightback but I think that was more due to a little lull in Taylors performance than an outstanding performance by Whitlock. Like I said. Whitlock has done nothing amazing this tournament whilst Webster has put in a couple of cracking displays. Don't understand these odds so ill be taking Webster at 19/10 with Boylesports.
:unsure Webster having a mare! Getting murdered :puke

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 What a prick Lewis is. Hes still the same old inconsistent player he was before he became the champ. I'm never backing him again when hes odds on, as he has a real habit of playing below his best when hes the favourite!

Phil Taylor v James Wade - Taylor -2.5 Legs @ 4/6 - William Hill 3.5pts Taylor has been returning to his former self just recently, winning the RTL7 International Masters in Holland at the weekend. His three-dart average of 113.60 against Barney in the final was the highest ever in a televised final whilst beating Gary Anderson and Terry Jenkins on the way. Wade faces a massive task in Brighton tonight, one which I don't think he will overcome. and a double which pays @ 2.46: Raymond van Barneveld v Gary Anderson - Over 12.5 legs @ 4/7 & Adrian Lewis v Terry Jenkins - Lewis @ 4/7 2.5pts
Just Taylor left then for me after Lewis chucks away his game with Jenkins after being in such a good position.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 7 6-3 up too. Better believe I'm ******* bitter! He has ****** me so many times. Twice in the last year against Webster he has ****** me as a clear odds on favourite, albeit once, in the PL, Webster played very well, and against a hopeless James Wade earlier in the Premier League.

What a prick Lewis is. Hes still the same old inconsistent player he was before he became the champ. I'm never backing him again when hes odds on' date=' as he has a real habit of playing below his best when hes the favourite![/quote'] Nice constructive posts in a betting thread. :unsure Please keep all in running chat to here please, thanks. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f16/other-sports-livescore-thread-march-2011-a-107362/index9.html

Why bother? No ones posted in that thread for a week and no recent posts even connected to darts.
Because that's what it is for. In running chat with regards to all bets and sports within the Other Sports forum. Whether you post in it or not, it's up to you, but this thread isn't for venting, especially when you have not posted your bets up prior to the event.

Phil Taylor v James Wade - Taylor -2.5 Legs @ 4/6 - William Hill 3.5pts Taylor has been returning to his former self just recently, winning the RTL7 International Masters in Holland at the weekend. His three-dart average of 113.60 against Barney in the final was the highest ever in a televised final whilst beating Gary Anderson and Terry Jenkins on the way. Wade faces a massive task in Brighton tonight, one which I don't think he will overcome. and a double which pays @ 2.46: Raymond van Barneveld v Gary Anderson - Over 12.5 legs @ 4/7 & Adrian Lewis v Terry Jenkins - Lewis @ 4/7 2.5pts
Taylor 8-1 Wade :ok So, if Lewis hadn't took his foot off of the peddle it could of been a top night with both landing. Oh well :tongue2