** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Chas & Ted 6/4

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Bet 24: Place Selection 2.40 York: Charlie Cool £6 @ 3.45 BEtfair (4TBP) - only £5 currently matched Has been looking likely to make most of favourable mark on last couple of occasions staying on late from well off the pace. If ridden a bit closer to the action could go close here IMO and price of 3.45 looks a decent place price here with conditions looking ideal and stable in decent heart.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 I have gone for the rank outsider in the 5.30 YORK LUJEANIE we are on e/w at 100/1 IMO it is not without a chance in this. Stable are out of form at the mo but will bounce back and most likely with a biggie. Lujeanie won a C3 at Newmarket last July off 2lb lower and has went close on the AW a couple of times last winter. Don't think he should be this price as may still have a bit of improvement in him and with a brave few dead wood in this could go well if wound up for first run back. 6F is ideal for this horse and is well drawn.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 ...another poor day :cry OK we our going to give this a bash through Royal Ascot. 5.00 PLYMOUTH ROCK 14/1 Pretty disappointed at the price if i'm honest the Frankie factor doesn't help but think this horse has a top chance. Ran really well in the Cesarewitch on softened ground last term extra couple of f's should be fine. Had a couple of quiet pipe openers this term will be wound up for this and Jockey booking enforces that and i expect better show today.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 As Eddie says -bad day again on Saturday. Royal Ascot could be sh*t or bust :eek Bet 24: Place selection: UNP -£6.00 E/W selection: UNP -£4.00 P/L: -£10.00 Start Bank: £60 New Bank: £44.37 BANKED TO DATE: £60 Total P/L: +£44.37 :ok

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4

...another poor day :cry OK we our going to give this a bash through Royal Ascot. 5.00 PLYMOUTH ROCK 14/1 Pretty disappointed at the price if i'm honest the Frankie factor doesn't help but think this horse has a top chance. Ran really well in the Cesarewitch on softened ground last term extra couple of f's should be fine. Had a couple of quiet pipe openers this term will be wound up for this and Jockey booking enforces that and i expect better show today.
£2 e/w bet placed at 16/1 Bet365 BOG (4TBP) :hope

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Tough place betting today, however think the Frankel 'show' offers the best bet of the day for me. 3.45 Ascot: Dubawi Gold £6 @ 3.05 (3TBP) Vast improvement in 2000 Guineas when filling the runner up spot behind Frankel on penultimate start. Ran well again in Irish 2000 Guineas LTO when 2nd to Roderic O'Connor - possibly wasn't Richard Hughes finest moment that day, leaving the horse plenty to do over final quarter, however ran on well to finish a never nearer 2nd. Could be 'best of the rest' here today and 2/1 the place looks great value IMO with slower ground holding no fears.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 4.25 ASCOT~ Really torn here between two Proponent & Chapter & verse both got great chances imo. Not like me put i'll go for the shorter price of the two (after changing my mind several times)7yo PROPONENT 25/1 ran 5th in this a year ago and showed his well being when running great races at Newbury & Newmarket this term. Claimer on top today which will help as every lbs counts here. Should be a cracking race and really looking forward to it.

4.25 ASCOT~ Really torn here between two Proponent & Chapter & verse both got great chances imo. Not like me put i'll go for the shorter price of the two (after changing my mind several times)7yo PROPONENT 25/1 ran 5th in this a year ago and showed his well being when running great races at Newbury & Newmarket this term. Claimer on top today which will help as every lbs counts here. Should be a cracking race and really looking forward to it.
£2 e/w on @ 25/1 Bet365 BOG :hope

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Place Selection: 3.05 Ascot: Music Show £6 @ 3.25 (3TBP) Mick Channon's horses in decent heart at present and think Music Show looks quite a decent price today. Hasn't run up to form first two starts this season when a little disappointing on reappearance and then failed to see out 10f LTO. LTO run can be readily discounted so only reappearance to forgive and that could easily be put down to race fitness. Best known form from last year when winning group 1 Falmouth Stakes at Newmarket would make this the horse to beat here so if able to run anywhere near that form should place at the very least. Ground conditions/trip ideal and Hughsey back on board all positives.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 I have forgotten what a winner is :cry 4.25 ASCOT~CATALYZE 50/1 PAYING 5 PLACES. Even though this horse was crap on first try at this distance i'm amazed at its price. I can forgive him that as it was first run back he will come on a ton for that and is on a very fair mark imo. As a 2yo beat Sagramor off level weights over 7f granted the second as gone on from there and has won over a mile but carrying 8lb more than selection today and is only a 8/1 shot :loon. Good Jock on top and trainer in fair form. Well worth a e/w play at the price which i can't see lasting. Chas and i are on with Bet365.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Need a change in the wind :sad Bet 26: Place selection: UNP -£6.00 E/W selection: UNP -£4.00 P/L: -£10.00 Start Bank: £60 New Bank: £24.37 BANKED TO DATE: £60 Total P/L: +£24.37

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Arizona Jewel won quite a decent maiden on seasonal reappearance in April before a disappointing favourite in the Musidora LTO. This step up in trip could be the answer however and think the horse is a great bet at 4.3 for a place.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 In a rush. Lucky last at Ascot COURAGEOUS 22/1 bottom weight from the handicap king yard with Fallon on top. Wouldn't be surprised to see this horse improve alot from recent spins and much better than the three duck eggs against its name would suggest.

In a rush. Lucky last at Ascot COURAGEOUS 22/1 bottom weight from the handicap king yard with Fallon on top. Wouldn't be surprised to see this horse improve alot from recent spins and much better than the three duck eggs against its name would suggest.
£2 e/w on at 20/1 Bet365 BOG :ok

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Bet 27: :\ Place selection: UNP -£6.00 E/W selection: UNP -£4.00 P/L: -£10.00 Start Bank: £60 New Bank: £14.37 BANKED TO DATE: £60 Total P/L: +£14.37 Bet 28 Place Selection: 2.30 Ascot: Sweet Chilli £6 @ 4.2 Betfair (3TBP) The more I watch this horse's LTO run in a Newcastle listed race the more you see how much it is crying out for this step up in trip to 6f. Was tapped for toe a couple of furlongs out when scrubbed along before finishing with a wet sail. Big chance here today IMO and could give the irish trained jolly a fright.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Reinvest time. Bet 29 Place Selection 3.05 Ascot: Calvados Blues £6 @ 3.25 (3TBP) Meydan form from earlier in the year really puts this horse bang there. Beaten by Monterosso giving that rival 3lbs on penultimate start - that rival went on to go close next time up in the Dubai World Cup. Then LTO run finished over 3 lengths down on Rewilding, form which now looks quite solid given that horse's victory in the Prince of Wales. Was entitled to have finished closer that day given the horse stumbled and met trouble in running. Big chance here and definite place claims at least IMO.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 4.25 ASCOT~FASHTA 28/1 SJ Big field taking a bit of a chance with a low drawn horse here. Ran really well last year off marks in the 90's not out of it here off 98. Has won on soft ground. Trainers horses running well enough and i think this horse has a solid chance if can over come draw which Striking Spirit did today to get 3rd. I used to back a fair few of Jimmy Fortune rides but he's not the Jock he once was but has already proved this week he can still boot a winner home.