** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Chas & Ted 6/4

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 E/W Selection 2.40 Cheltenham Razor Royale £2 e/w @ 25/1 Bet365 BOG (5 places) Place Selection 3.20 Cheltenham Oscar Whiskey £6 @ 3.05 Terms: 3 to be placed Reasoning: Ran well in this last year and strictly on the book has a bit to find with Menorah and Dunguib but the horse has looked pretty exciting in two starts this year and appears to have progressed. Think the 9/1 available could make this one the best bet of the race and 2/1 a place on Betfair looks a decent bet here.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 :nana Top picking pal...i can't get a sniff:sad 4.00 CH~LIGHTING STRIKE Trainer has two in the race both with decent chances imo. Will take her 1st string who will strip a lot fitter for run lto when had been off a long time. On a very competitive mark here. Trainer & Jock are a good combo is 33's with 5 places up for grabs.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Really found the place bet tough to source for tomorrow with some wide open looking contests. Place Selection 2.05 Cheltenham Minella Class £6 @ 3.55 Terms: 3 to be placed Reasoning: Has some smart form and although beaten by Aikman LTO (had run of race) upped to this trip I think it's too early to write it off in my opinion and worth another try at 2m5f. Although officially highest rated in this probably has a bit to find to win but think the return to better ground could see this horse run a decent race. Also think this true run race should see the horse improve the required amount to potentially win this with Nicky Henderson's horses in fine form at the festival.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 4.00 CH AIMIGALE~Around 33's very open race but i've got it down to three (if only it was that easy) Bible Lord & Crescent Island being the other two which i will also back but i'll be hoping this one wins to break my duck in here! Very tough little mare who didn't give true running lto but did scoped badly. Trainer in good form. Has gone well here over hurdles and is on a good mark and will love the ground. Needs at least this distance but the uphill finish here will bring stamina into play which will suit this little pocket rocket who is a sound jumper.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 4.00 Amigayle £2 e/w @ 33/1 Bet365 BOG 4 places Place selection 1.30: Loosen the Load £6 @ 2.7 3 places Stable having an outstanding festival and this horse has a fantastic chance of reversing form with the McCoy mount Noble Prince on this better ground. The form of LTO run at Leopardstown on ground that didn't suit is strong and think the value in this race may lie with Loosen the Load.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 After a poor day at the office yesterday, double delight for us today with two placers :nana:nana but could have been so much better had Aimigale gone one better. I leave my faithful companion who is wacking them in regularly to update running totals:ok

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 So near but so far chum... Well done though, great pick :clap Bet 4: -£10 Bet 5: + £24.19 (aimigayle +£14.50, Loosen my load +£9.69) Start Bank: £60 Current Bank: £85.33 P/L: +£25.33 :ok

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 In the 2.05 i fancy two Spring Jim & GREY SOLDIER and i'll go for the latter. Irish trainer has trained his horses for Cheltenham this year and it has paid off as they are running well. Has been money already for this was 33's now best priced 28/1 with paddy and i can't see it lasting. Most bookies go 5 places which is cool as i think this will deffo go close has the blinkers on to sweeten today and could well leave past form behind now the doe is going down.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4

Place selection 1.30 Cheltenham: Sam Winner £6 @ 2.3 (4 to be placed market) :ok
Sorry forgot reasoning: Sam winner should go close if forgiven disappointing LTO run. Previous efforts over c&d when beating grandouet give the horse every chance here today and should place IMO.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Place selection: 2.25 Uttox: Basford Bob £6 @ 2.7 3 places Versatile with regard to ground so any drying won't be an issue. Best novice form could see this LTO beaten favourite fairly well in on handicap debut. Should place at least IMO.

Place selection: 2.25 Uttox: Basford Bob £6 @ 2.7 3 places Versatile with regard to ground so any drying won't be an issue. Best novice form could see this LTO beaten favourite fairly well in on handicap debut. Should place at least IMO.
:notworthy Your the man:nana

6.50 WOLVES~METRPOLITAN CHIEF Around 16's but much bigger on Betfair. Has a chance if puts in. Very open race although poor grade. Needs things to drop right but has a nice draw and all wins have came here.
Hey mate, I just got off train and home. Think I may have missed some of the juicy prices that were available on Betfair today. However we are on with Betfair as follows: Metropolitan Chief £2 win @ 19.5 £2 place @ 5.5

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Tough enough racing today and couldn't find one in the handicaps so gone for one in the winter derby on the AW at Lingfield. SUITS ME is game and consistent 2nd in this last year and this doesn't look any stronger this year. This horse love to go from the front and i see the Dazzler is on today and IMO there ain't anyone better in Britain on this type of horse. Has been on before and has a good record with three 2nds and a third from only five rides. Should go close and is best priced 16's at the mo:hope

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Place Selection 5.35 Meydan: Cape Blanco £6 @ 2.36 (3 places) Best form horses are drawn in the car park for this and though not insurmountable for them, certainly makes life tougher. Cape Blanco from Aiden O'Brien's yard is his his debut horse in the Dubai World Cup and if ready to go could take a lot of beating. Undoubtedly shown it's best known form over 10f so trip should be ideal and from a great draw could have flown by time the wide drawn horses get going. Couple of gambles on this bet - one: Aiden O'Brien not known for outstanding early season form, although this horse has been put aside for this race; two: the horse's ability to handle the surface is taken on trust, although fact best form is on top of ground, shouldn't inconvenience.

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Both hit crossbar today with Suits me going down for it's place by a quarter length and Cape Blanco touched off for a place in the World Cup... what might have been :sad Bet 8: -£10.00 Start Bank: £60 Current Bank: £83.83 P/L: +£23.83 :ok

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 We were a bit unlucky last week looking forward to this week. Ok some nice big fields tomorrow was going to go for Light from Mars in the big one but after sitting at 25's all week and practically friendless has been smashed into 16's although i'm on at 25's. Will settle for joint top weight MANASSAS in the Spring Mile only 14's with Bet 365 but 5 places being offered and i will be really surprised and disappointed if it aint placed! A three time winner of which two wins have come at the track a double CD winner from two runs and won this on only 1lb higher in 09 but todays claimer takes 3lb off. Will take all the beating imo as goes well fresh a major player:hope

We were a bit unlucky last week looking forward to this week. Ok some nice big fields tomorrow was going to go for Light from Mars in the big one but after sitting at 25's all week and practically friendless has been smashed into 16's although i'm on at 25's. Will settle for joint top weight MANASSAS in the Spring Mile only 14's with Bet 365 but 5 places being offered and i will be really surprised and disappointed if it aint placed! A three time winner of which two wins have come at the track a double CD winner from two runs and won this on only 1lb higher in 09 but todays claimer takes 3lb off. Will take all the beating imo as goes well fresh a major player:hope
£2 e/w on at 14/1 (5 places) Bet365 BOG :hope Place selection in the morning :ok

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Going to be a little boring here i'm afraid, however I can't see this horse not placing. 2.35 Doncaster: Prime Defender Winner of this race two years ago and beaten half length 2nd last year who is obviously targetted at this race so should go very close IMO. Would be surprised if not in first three with stable going well. Place terms: 3 Price: 2.2 Stake: £6

Re: Chas & Ted 6/4 Thanks Ted for saving the blushes with Manassas - famous last words about Primes Defender... :sad Manassas placed at 16/1 means no profit or loss this week. Bet 9: +£0.00 Start Bank: £60 Current Bank: £83.83 P/L: +£23.83 :ok