** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Darts: Premier League Week 2

kevshat

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 2 I've not looked at the side markets or anything yet but I'll put this up as the price won't last. 5pts A.Lewis to beat J.Wade Evs Sportingbet Even with the draw in play here I think Lewis is a massive price. Last week there was 14pts between the two on their averages and that's a huge amount to make up. Wade averaged 86.79 and that won't get it done against anyone in this tournament. Lewis averaged over a ton in a complete shutout of Taylor really. Nobody beats Taylor like that, flu or no flu. Lewis is really looking like the real deal to me now and it's good to see. I think he scores way too heavily for Wade here and his checking out is a lot better than it was. Wade's doubles last week weren't much better than his scoring and I've already mentioned how I feel Wade's game is in a slump at the minute. Lewis picked up a win and a draw against the Machine in the Premier League last year and I think Jackpot will make it 2 from 2 by beating the Machine in Nottingham on Thursday night.

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 2 Simon Whitlock v Raymond van Barneveld 1.25pts Whitlock to win 8-5 @ 11/2 Hills 0.80pts Whitlock to win 8-3 @ 9/1 Hills 0.20pts Whitlock to win 8-1 @ 40/1 Hills We saw the 'head down' Barney last week, who averaged under 90 in throwing away a 6-4 lead to lose 6-8 to Terry Jenkins. Whitlock also lost, to Gary Anderson, but averaged just shy of 100 in doing so and a repeat of that performance should see him to victory against the Dutchman. With Whitlock opening the throwing I am staying true to my strategy and taking 8-1, 8-3, 8-5, which looks to be decent value to me. A best priced 1.81 to win the match, factor in the 66% chance of him winning on his own throw, and I should be looking for a combined ~7/5 price when dutching the picks (if my maths is correct). Hills' prices offer over 5/2. Terry Jenkins v Gary Anderson 0.95pts Anderson to win 8-6 @ 7/1 Boyles 1.10pts Anderson to win 8-4 @ 6/1 Boyles Both of these kicked off with opening day wins last week - Anderson admitted to suffering from nerves on his debut in a hard fought 8-5 win over Whitlock, whilst Jenkins took advantage of a Barney implosion to triumph 8-6. Anderson averaged nearly 6 1/2 better than Jenkins did last week despite the nerves, and that would probably be a more or less fair reflection of if they both brought their 'a' games to the oche. Jenkins is normally a very tough opponent to shake off however, and I can again see this being tight, but Anderson's better quality to see him over the line. With Jenkins throwing first I am taking Anderson 8-6 and 8-4. ----- 4.3pts staked in total

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 2

I've not looked at the side markets or anything yet but I'll put this up as the price won't last. 5pts A.Lewis to beat J.Wade Evs Sportingbet Even with the draw in play here I think Lewis is a massive price. Last week there was 14pts between the two on their averages and that's a huge amount to make up. Wade averaged 86.79 and that won't get it done against anyone in this tournament. Lewis averaged over a ton in a complete shutout of Taylor really. Nobody beats Taylor like that, flu or no flu. Lewis is really looking like the real deal to me now and it's good to see. I think he scores way too heavily for Wade here and his checking out is a lot better than it was. Wade's doubles last week weren't much better than his scoring and I've already mentioned how I feel Wade's game is in a slump at the minute. Lewis picked up a win and a draw against the Machine in the Premier League last year and I think Jackpot will make it 2 from 2 by beating the Machine in Nottingham on Thursday night.
I have to agree, Wade looked like he was a little bit dis-interested against Mark Webster in which he lost 8-3. May be just me but it looks like he's put on a bit of weight since I last saw him on TV! Anyhow, Lewis will be absolutely buzzing after demolishing Taylor, he is the form player and at evens (or just under) the value here. Adrian Lewis vs James Wade - Adrian Lewis @ 19/20 - 888Sport

Re: Darts: Premier League Week 2 You didn't think I'd be able to go a week without a 180's bet did you :loon. 4pts Week 2 Total 180's - Over 25.5 10/11 Stan James This just seems pretty straight forward to me. There were 34 180's last week and the bet would've been in before the final match has even begun. With Anderson and Lewis in the field half the total will be covered most weeks and then there's 6 pretty prolific players in terms of needing 2 per person. The matches look like a good set and I see this total being covered pretty easily however the matches go.

Can you add some reasoning for your bet. A few lines will do. Best of luck with your bet.
i think lewis will win easily against wade, he looked v.lacklustre and dis-interested against webster last week,i would expect a hefty beating from lewis who seems unstoppable at the minute. anderson is such a heavy scorer and i fully expect him to win this by three or four games, jenkins was lucky last week to win as barney let him back in the game due to poor finishing,barney was two legs up and threw it away so that win kind of flattered jenkins. taylor's game doesnt seem to be right lately,that w.championship loss to lewis seems to have affected his game and his averages have been v.ordinary,he also is just over the flu. webster is scoring well and i can see him running taylor v.close so have decided to give him the handicap

i think lewis will win easily against wade, he looked v.lacklustre and dis-interested against webster last week,i would expect a hefty beating from lewis who seems unstoppable at the minute. anderson is such a heavy scorer and i fully expect him to win this by three or four games, jenkins was lucky last week to win as barney let him back in the game due to poor finishing,barney was two legs up and threw it away so that win kind of flattered jenkins. taylor's game doesnt seem to be right lately,that w.championship loss to lewis seems to have affected his game and his averages have been v.ordinary,he also is just over the flu. webster is scoring well and i can see him running taylor v.close so have decided to give him the handicap
Thats the idea... good analysis I reckon... on a minor note... his loss in the worlds was to Webby, his loss last week was to Lewis... easy mistake... he seems to be losing to everyone at the moment!! Tempted to take Webster outright.... never seen Taylor like this for a sustained period before... all this talk of taking a break is unheard of from the great man, he was once 8/9 hours a day solid practice.... now he's talking about beaches in Barbados... fair play, he deserves it... but his appetite is waining me thinks...

I've followed kev on his 180's bet but i had to take over 26.5 @ 10/11. 3pts staked.
I backed this at stan james. Silly me, just seen the same bet at paddypower but the line is at 25.5 180's. :\ I'm having 2 more bets for tonight: 3pts Taylor to beat Webster @ 5/6 paddy Power Going on last weeks form this bet is crazy but i can't turn down those odds for the power. Webster had a good win over wade last week but that was against a very disinterested opponent. Early in that game webster played poorly for a few legs and a better opponent would have punished him. I think taylor will have been on the practice board alot this week and i feel he'll with this 8-5. 3pts Whitlock highest match checkout over 109.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power I like this bet. Whitlock played well against anderson and might well have earned a draw last week. He's a fantastic finisher but seemed to go off the boil for a while on his doubles but last week there were signs of a recovery. I think he'll checkout 110 or better tonight. Good luck all :hope

3pts Whitlock highest match checkout over 109.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power I like this bet. Whitlock played well against anderson and might well have earned a draw last week. He's a fantastic finisher but seemed to go off the boil for a while on his doubles but last week there were signs of a recovery. I think he'll checkout 110 or better tonight. Good luck all :hope
The first leg he wins :clap:clap.

Taylor's price just took a nosedive! Got on at 4/5' date=' massive value for me. Class is permanent and Taylor would have been on that practise board all week to make up for his poor performance last week. Big stake :ok[/quote'] Let's hope so. I'm on him @ 5/6. :hope

You didn't think I'd be able to go a week without a 180's bet did you :loon. 4pts Week 2 Total 180's - Over 25.5 10/11 Stan James This just seems pretty straight forward to me. There were 34 180's last week and the bet would've been in before the final match has even begun. With Anderson and Lewis in the field half the total will be covered most weeks and then there's 6 pretty prolific players in terms of needing 2 per person. The matches look like a good set and I see this total being covered pretty easily however the matches go.
Great call, we are on 24 already with Anderson still left to play! :clap

I backed this at stan james. Silly me, just seen the same bet at paddypower but the line is at 25.5 180's. :\ I'm having 2 more bets for tonight: 3pts Taylor to beat Webster @ 5/6 paddy Power Going on last weeks form this bet is crazy but i can't turn down those odds for the power. Webster had a good win over wade last week but that was against a very disinterested opponent. Early in that game webster played poorly for a few legs and a better opponent would have punished him. I think taylor will have been on the practice board alot this week and i feel he'll with this 8-5. 3pts Whitlock highest match checkout over 109.50 @ 5/6 Paddy Power I like this bet. Whitlock played well against anderson and might well have earned a draw last week. He's a fantastic finisher but seemed to go off the boil for a while on his doubles but last week there were signs of a recovery. I think he'll checkout 110 or better tonight. Good luck all :hope
+7.73pts for the week and +10.60pts overall. Congrats to samba for his correct score in the anderson match and to kev for the 180's bet. Came in quite comfortably as he predicted. Roll on week 3!!!! :D