UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22 February

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22 February Lyon - Real pick : 2 (AH -0,5) @ 1,95 Bet365 there is value on Real's win and it all comes from the statistics that say Lyon never lost in the last 6 games for CL against Real. But statistics are exactly what creates value.I mean the breaking of them. Lysandro Lopez i read that will be absent for Lyon, combined with the fact that Murinio is more ambitious that god in CL so...go Di Maria go!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22 February O. Lyon - Real Madrid Pick: Draw I expect draw at Stade Gerland in Lyon. Real Madrid is favorite according to the bookmakers, but I am sure it won't be easy for Real. In fact, Lyon is probably the only European team with such impressive score against Real Madrid. Just look the last six mutual games, all in Champions League: Champions League 2009/10 10.03.2010. Real Madrid - Lyon 1:1 16.02.2010. Lyon - Real Madrid 1:0 Champions League 2006/07 21.11.2006. Real Madrid - Lyon 2:2 13.09.2006. Lyon - Real Madrid 2:0 Champions League 2005/06 23.11.2005. Real Madrid - Lyon 1:1 13.09.2005. Lyon - Real Madrid 3:0 As You can see Real lost three games and played draw in the remaining three games. I am sure coach Jose Mourinho will be very careful now in order the history not to be repeated. For this game Real is boosted by returning of first goalkeeper Iker Casillas. He didn't play against Levante in Primera as he was suspended. However the second keeper Dudek and striker Higuain are injured. The situation in Lyon squad is much worse. Coach Claude Puel will be without injured Lisandro Lopez and Ederson, while Hugo Lloris is doubtful. I expect both teams to play very carefully. The first task will be not to receive a goal, and just after that to try to score. Mourinho will play with only one striker and it seems that will be Adebayor. In situation like this I don't expect some extra football at Gerland. I also do't expect many goals. Thinking about the final score, my opinion is the draw will satisfy both coaches. Puel will be satisfied as draw against Real is always a good result. And Mourinho will also be satisfied as the second leg will be played at Santiago Bernabeu.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22 February Copenhagen v Chelsea Chelsea @ 2.00 (SBObet) 5pts Major, major drift on Chelsea here, they were a lot shorter earlier in the week and I noticed they are priced up at 8/15 on mylocal bookies match coupon. I have been impressed with Copenhagen but undoubtley the class lies with Chelsea here, even if they haven't impressed at times this season. Maybe a reaction to Chelsea's FA Cup loss an Copenhagen big win at weekend? still think it's a bit of an over-reaction especially if you consider Chelse were originally priced well and truely odds on. Chelsea are a seasoned Champions League side now and I think they'll use all their experience and keep the game tight and look to win this one 1-0. Torres hasn't fired so far for Chelsea, maybe this will be his night. Overall I think there's around a 60% Chelsea will win this one therefore the evens available is huge value.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22 February

O. Lyon - Real Madrid Pick: Draw Puel will be satisfied as draw against Real is always a good result. And Mourinho will also be satisfied as the second leg will be played at Santiago Bernabeu.
Disagree! Claude P will not be happy with a draw, especially with a score draw. That takes the game to Bernabeu with massive advantage for Real. In the previous season the lead from the first leg made Real go forward and left open spaces for counters. Later in the game when 1-1 Lyon could have scored on three occasions. Surely the French Manager wants the same scenario repeated. I don't think there is Manager who on two legs is happy with a draw in the first leg at home, regardless who they play. This is not a thing about prestige ( we didn't lose to Real, hooray ), this is about going into the next round, to qualify.... Nothing against your Draw pick, disagree with the reasoning. Put yourself in the shoes of the Lyon Manager - how happy/satisfied you would be on a 1 to 10 scale with 0-0, 1-1 and a game at Bernabeu coming? Especially with 1-1, when Lyon has to go forward in Madrid? Oooops...

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22 February FC Kopenhagen - Chelsea Selection Both teams to score (YES) Strength 10/10 Date 22/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.75 Well I have a hinch on this one and I believe that both teams will score in the match recently Chelseas defence is not doing so good while on the other side the hosts showed and proved that they have very good forward and promessing offensive approach.I think that both teams will find they way to score.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22 February I think both CL games today will be very cagey. The favourites play away from home and most of all they will focus on the defence, and prove the difference when they play the 2nd legs at home. If we look at Madrid's away matches, it's hardly ever a goal feast. Chelsea's form is fr from convincing this season too. Therefore I'll have a double with bet365 HT draws in both matches @4.50 5/10 and Copenhagen - Chelsea cs 0-0 @8 2/10

Good point and I think that 0-0 draw at half time is a very likely result. Lyon kept clean sheet in theri last 3 home games in League 1. Even though Real Madrid IMO is better than teams in League 1, when playing away Mourinho focuses on defense first. Real can snatch a narrow 1-0 win with a late goal, like they did earlier this season against Auxerre. First Half: Lyon clean sheet @ 1.90 Ladbrokes looks interesting and it is almost the same price as Lyon +1.
I must start following my own reasoning :)

Lyon - Real Madrid I never really tried betting on card markets, but decided to give it a try. Your reasoning is good and I also made some research and found out that 6 out of last 7 Real Madrid away games produced plenty of cards. The same can be said about 5 out of last 6 Lyon home games. Over 45 Booking Points @ 2.05 (3 units) William Hill :)
5 yellow cards already, which means 50 booking points :beer

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 22 February Lyon 1-1 Real Madrid under 2.5 @ 1.85 Bwin medium stake:dude:dude Real Madrid @ 1.90 Victor Chandler low-medium stake:@ halftime/finaltime x-2 @ 5 StanJames low stake:@ CS 0-1 @ 7.75 Bwin low stake:@ ------------------------------------------------------------- FC Copenhagen 0-2 Chelsea Chelsea @ 1.80 Bet365 medium stake:dude:dude over 2.5 @ 2.25 Canbet low stake:@ halftime/ finaltime Chelsea/Chelsea @ 2.90 Bwin low stake:dude:dude CS 0-3 @ 15 William Hill minimum stake:@ CS 1-3 @ 17 William Hill minimum stake:@ ================================================= Gomis goal ruined a perfect evening, otherwise the main bets went through. Back in Europa league.

Card market is up, unfortunately the line is over 4.5 @1.83 - not really enticing. I turned to: Real team performances under 45 @2.05 (b365) :beer " " 45 to 55 @7.5 Team performances is an index aggregating WDL, goals, cards, corners etc. If Real gets a 1-1 draw, 4 corners and 2 cards, this amounts to 27. With 0-1, Real gets 10 extra points for the clean sheet, and the total would be 52 - thus I prefer hedging the 1st bet with a tiny bet on the 45-55 line. This kind of bet makes it difficult to track value (if any), but here I expect a few cards and I doubt Real will be able to score twice and/or keep a clean sheet. To me, Real is likely to get a good 1-1, perhaps a 0-0, or scrape a 0-1 win after parking the bus. But even a 1-2 could make for a team perf lower than 55 if they get many cards (or 0-2 if someone is sent off). Overall, this looks like a good combination of what I'm willing to bet on.
:beer Quite happy with this bet, all went as expected.

Actually i don't have anything against Mour.He is a great coach but i don't think he can win anything with current Real squad.I think the problem is in players here not a manager. I'll try CS 1-1 @6.50 bet365
Bingo :dude Mourinho genius?Fcuk off.Yes,he is good manager but not genius.As i said he won't win much with current squad.Real spent sh*t loads but on wrong players.They still need good strikers.Anyway job done,i'm happy :)

Lyon +0.5AH @2.00 looks good to me.They stoped Real last year and they know how to play against them.Real awy fom does not convince me at all... Lyon usually play strong at home and have full squad available.
Ah,forgot about this one :ok

Bingo :dude Mourinho genius?Fcuk off.Yes,he is good manager but not genius.As i said he won't win much with current squad.Real spent sh*t loads but on wrong players.They still need good strikers.Anyway job done,i'm happy :)
You're out of track mate, and lucky with your bets here. Mourinho plan was working perfectly all the time, undertone and let the french do the game in the first half, dangerous and with a win in the second half. Real Madrid had two bars immediately in second half, with C.Ronaldo and Ramos, if only one of them went through, then we would have another story to look at. So, if the guy is not a genius, then all the other coaches should be called mediocre at best. However this is too long a discussion. Congrats with your bets.

You're out of track mate, and lucky with your bets here. Mourinho plan was working perfectly all the time, undertone and let the french do the game in the first half, dangerous and with a win in the second half. Real Madrid had two bars immediately in second half, with C.Ronaldo and Ramos, if only one of them went through, then we would have another story to look at. So, if the guy is not a genius, then all the other coaches should be called mediocre at best. However this is too long a discussion. Congrats with your bets.
Hey,man i don't know if you are really from Jamaica but next time i'm there we will have finest jamaican rum and discussion all night long.Been to Jamaica last year.Great place,love it...iree (i think i spell right) :ok

FC Copenhagen vs. Chelsea - Under 2.5 goals @ 1.73 (Stan James) FC Copenhagen have done an extremely good job of making it to the last 16 in the Champion's League and will want to give a good account of themselves in this tie with Chelsea. They will probably look to keep it tight and not concede and eventually attack and try to grab a win, but I think Chelsea, even though they are not in the best form, will manage defensively to contain FC Copenhagen. However, Chelsea should struggle to score. FC Copenhagen can keep the game low-scoring and with Chelsea's troubles lately a 1-0 either way or 1-1, 0-0 wouldn't surprise me.
Lyon vs. Real Madrid - Lyon (+0.5) @ 2.00 (Bet 365) Real Madrid are definitely the stronger team here but I'm surprised they are such favourites, with Lyon to win @ 4.33. Lyon are no pushovers, and at home will be extremely ready for this game. I'm sure they want to get a result to take to the Bernabeu and will look to win this. I also feel Mourinho would probably be happy to take a draw into the 2nd leg and would be surprised if they played very offensively here. The value for me is on Lyon to win or draw and even though a Real Madrid wouldn't surprise me massivley, I do feel Lyon can get the job done.
Perfect. :ok

Not touching Copenhagen/Chelsea, Copenhagen could well be the dark horses of this tournament, Chelsea aren't worth backing with stolen money at the minute. Real at 5/6 away to Lyon? Value in my eyes. Yes, Real have slipped up there in the past, Lyon were impressive at the weekend etc. Real are a different animal under Mourinho. They have slipped up once or twice in the league, but,discounting the one off Barca game, they've been the best they've looked in years, no doubt this is down to Mourinho, his record in the Champions League is remarkable. Can definitely see this being Mourinho's priority and should have pretty much a full squad to choose from, can see an away win on the cards. Real Madrid - 1.94 (Betfair)
:eyes Was going to plan until that unlucky free kick.