10+10

Hi all of you, This topic is motivated by http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f21/us-sports-spread-system-111370/ Well, I ve done some thinking and math and I want to share with you and to ask you am I in right. Regarding the topic : US SPORTS SPREAD SYSTEM by dear colege Xaviercito, I get idea to make calculation how does it staking system is acting throw loses serias. I shall excange with you my calculation with next conditions: Bank:1000 Stake:1% Bet wining posibility: 50% 100.jpg Did I make any mistakes in understanding of this? [url=http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f21/us-sports-spread-system-111370/]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 10+10 Well, from what I know, you didn't make any mistake - stakes, total lost and math possibility (I'd rather say probability) are correct. Though, what I don't understand (I don't say it's incorrect, I'm just struggling to understand) is last column, "Calc. to attempts"; I suppose you want to say that in out of 16 attempts, 1 attempt will result in 4 losses in a row, or 1 out of 512 attempts will result in 10 losses in a row (or is it 9, according to table?). I suppose you got those numbers using "Longest expected losing run" formula, and strike rate of 50%, therefore equal to bet probaility; so, (log(16)/-log(1-0.50)) is indeed 4, and (log(512)/-log(1-0.50)) is 9, but question is what is probability to hit that losing run, and it largely depends on your strike rate; therefore, you need to know how the system behaves over large enough number of matches. I'd calculate it this way: with strike rate of only 50% after 512 matches, probability to have losing run of 9 matches is ((1+(512-9)*0.50)*(1-0.50)^9), which is 49 %; though, with strike rate of 55%, probability to have such a bad streak drops to 21%. I cannot guarantee for accuracy of above formulas, but they showed to be logical in this case, as well as in some other cases I analyzed; source here: http://www.flatstats.co.uk/horseracing/index.php?cmd=article&id=154 And thumbs up for nice idea and clear spreadsheet, I like to see well organized table! :ok

Re: 10+10

Though, what I don't understand (I don't say it's incorrect, I'm just struggling to understand) is last column, "Calc. to attempts"; I suppose you want to say that in out of 16 attempts, 1 attempt will result in 4 losses in a row, or 1 out of 512 attempts will result in 10 losses in a row (or is it 9, according to table?).
Yes, yes.
I suppose you got those numbers using "Longest expected losing run" formula, and strike rate of 50%, therefore equal to bet probaility; so, (log(16)/-log(1-0.50)) is indeed 4, and (log(512)/-log(1-0.50)) is 9, but question is what is probability to hit that losing run, and it largely depends on your strike rate; therefore, you need to know how the system behaves over large enough number of matches. I'd calculate it this way: with strike rate of only 50% after 512 matches, probability to have losing run of 9 matches is ((1+(512-9)*0.50)*(1-0.50)^9), which is 49 %; though, with strike rate of 55%, probability to have such a bad streak drops to 21%.
Well, this is something I didnt know. I am on the work and dont have time for study this till tonight...but I will EDIT:OK, I checked this. You re right, with strike rate of 55 probability to have such a bad streak is 21% indeed.
And thumbs up for nice idea and clear spreadsheet, I like to see well organized table! :ok
Tnx :tongue2

Re: 10+10 OK, hello again to all. After some notes I ve learned from dear fellow "fromen", I changed a few things in the table. Next follows: 100.jpg I ll also attach the excel file with the table calculation. What is important that U can change "BANK", "STAKE"(in the %) and "WON RATE" fileds in the way U want. http://rapidshare.com/files/444707793/10_10__1__stake.xls - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ABOUT I ll also seize this moment to open my topic, simply called "10+10". As I wrote back this mourning, this topic was motivated by http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f21/us-sports-spread-system-111370/. Few humble words about me. Near to 30, in betting since I was 18. I am earning nice money on arbs, trades and my own value bet researches.Working my university profession for the serious company and play just after 5pm(euro zone), monday-friday, weekend is just for the families. METHOD I am planing to use the staking system in the way is explained in http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f21/us-sports-spread-system-111370/ topic. My bank will be 1000 units with 1% start stake. SELECTION I am in dilemma between two of my own researches on the euro soccer leagues. Namely, two years ago I ve made even-odd and AH research for the leagues I ve mentioned. Both of the researches gave over 55% won rate, some leagues even 60%. Off course I am speaking about @1.9 (+/- 5%). Probably will be even-odd number of goals play. GOAL To double the bank. Note: I travel at Friday on business trip for whole next week so posting with intensity will start probably for 10 days.

Re: 10+10 Ok,the trip was prolonged till thuesday. Ill go with real money, but with not big bank. First stake 1% of the bank etc. Selection note: If I have at least two or more selected matches starting in the same time...I ll do next, If I need to stake for example 20, I ll simply devide stake with number of matches. 1.Seria: 10 10 10 10 10 = Stake:20 Num.of matches:2 Stake per match:10 St.Etienne-Toulouse Even @1.90 10 Lorient-Brest Even @1.90 10

A lot of good work' date= Betting-Place......
Thanks mate!
but potentially suicidal, I'm afraid.
I really do appreciate U re opinion but As I wrote few days ago, I have the research behind me with over 55% strike rate on this odds and I strongly believe there is a value with this play and with this stake plan.

Toulouse-Monaco EVEN stake 60 Im going back tonight,tomorow afternoon update... some bad start I have,but I believe its just a bad start :) Greets to all
In a hurry till tonight, writing from the work place... off topic: all sunday matches in Calcio, started at 3pm and latest one finished with even number of goals :eek

Re: 10+10 Perhaps "suicidal" is the wrong word.... but it is certainly going to be a long hard struggle to show a profit. With your second "seria" you are currently down 113 units. As I understand the staking system, you will need a good winning streak to get back towards positive territory. And by that time you will have staked a huge amount, leaving you with a negligible "yield". On another point.... in an earlier post you mentioned 55% strike rate. Over the long-run, I dont think this is statistically possible when your selections are based on "even" goals scored. I wish you the best.... and I would love to be proved wrong ;)

Perhaps "suicidal" is the wrong word.... but it is certainly going to be a long hard struggle to show a profit. With your second "seria" you are currently down 113 units.
Yes I am 113 units down, but can be that just a poor start!? I believe U ll agree it can, as mather of fact thats quite normal thing can hapen. Not to mention the fact that non of the matces didnt finish with draw outcome. Off topic: the first 11 matches can be proof to all who wants to try cathing draws with martingale
As I understand the staking system, you will need a good winning streak to get back towards positive territory. And by that time you will have staked a huge amount, leaving you with a negligible "yield".
Actually I just need my strike rate I ve preticted. ;)
On another point.... in an earlier post you mentioned 55% strike rate. Over the long-run, I dont think this is statistically possible when your selections are based on "even" goals scored.
By selection I get throw research it is possible. One more thing, Im not saying this strategy cant bring me to the bank bankrot.On the contrary, it can...and I believe I descibed it in my first post (table)...but according the math possibility and with predicted strike rate I get it will hapen much later than I menage to double the bank. Of course, possibility can be a tricky, too...its the same thing IF U have 10 balls in the box, 6 are red, 4 are black and U know that fact. U re making draw with the bett that U ll draw the red one,and U get paid @2 for each correct draw... And ofcourse thats is allways chance to get busted with 10 blacks in a row(U lose your 10 stakes)...but there is a value on red ones. Cause more chances are for You to make a 10 stakes profit earlier than to lose 10 stakes throw the 10 blacks in seria.
I wish you the best....
U to mate ;)