** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2011 Heads Up Cash: Challenge Ended

GaF

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $1,953.22 from 11,485 Hands It really says something about your skill level if you're able to produce such results over a decent sample size. Also like the way you're taking shots by mixing some nl100 into your normal game, it's something I always advocate but haven't done recently because I want to stay in my comfort zone for now. Hope to see similar results for the month of April!:ok

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: March All In EV $1,953.22 from 11,485 Hands Thanks for the good wishes everyone :ok

Do you play the monthly $100k freeroll for goldstar players?
I played it for the first time this month (as well as the silver one which had a buyin of 100 points IIRC) - to be honest, it was atrocious - I'm so in "Heads Up ... fight ... fight ....fight ...fight" mode that I couldn't make the adjustments or show the discipline and patience I know are essential - it didn't take me long to give my chips away!

Not the best of starts to the month :sad Maybe confidence getting too high?

01/04/2011 21:253.0%Month Completed
92.893.1%FPP Volume Completed
-$69.36-6.9%All In EV Profit Achieved
00.0%Education Completed
$292.89NoNL100 Playable?
00.0%NL100 Hands

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: April All In EV 23.24 from 1,637 Hands Got myself back in positive territory from being about $200 down. Phew, the bubble hasnt quite burst yet.

03/04/2011 11:598.3%Month Completed
394.4913.1%FPP Volume Completed
$23.242.3%All In EV Profit Achieved
00.0%Education Completed
$283.33NoNL100 Playable?
00.0%NL100 Hands
20110108stars.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: April All In EV -$180.17 from 2,343 Hands

Did you have $250 downswings before?
If you check out the graph in post 1, which is my January to March progress, my worst downswing was about $600 :loon
Have you changed something?
Not deliberately. I'm sure something has changed, but I dont know what. I have the impression (and have for a while) that my results get worse as my confidence grow. The because I'm losing, my confidence falls and I start winning again ..... so my confidence grows and I start losing .... etc ..... :tongue2 So my confidence on 31st March was high as I hit my targets. I was feeling good because I hit the volume goal, which I thought was beyond me at one stage - so once I started April, I hoped (expected) to beat everyone quickly - and that may be the key - the quicker I try and stack someone, the longer it takes :lol :lol :lol

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: April All In EV -$357.09 from 2,680 Hands Just cant get a game at the moment ... had a couple of sharks sit and I quickly left .... but now it seems dead :unsure Supposedly a quarter of a million people logged in ... but none of them want to play me HU :lol :lol :tongue2

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: April All In EV -$513.33 from 3,575 Hands Managed to notch up my second profitable day of the month :) Just :loon 20110108starssummary.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us But not enough to disguise what has gone before :sad 20110108stars.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

09/04/2011 21:0929.6%Month Completed
853.6428.5%FPP Volume Completed
-$513.33-51.3%All In EV Profit Achieved
00.0%Education Completed
$496.06NoNL100 Playable?
00.0%NL100 Hands

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: April All In EV -$491.72 from 4,396 Hands Well .... in my panic over the US and Pokerstars situation I withdrew most of my bankroll, not leaving myself a lot of breathing space (and I HATE depositing - it's just sooooo unnecessary :tongue2).... and that's a recipe for disaster! I've been struggling as well - not just "variance" IMO, but bad play/judgement - a lot through chasing volume - so I'm going to take advantage of the situation and knock this challenge on the head (without losing sight of the fact that I've done very well out of it :)) - I'm still going to play, but without the targets for profit or volume and as such I expect the amount I'm playing to fall off dramatically (for the moment at least) ... until I feel I'm playing well again. My final tally for this month is a (all in EV) loss $561.01 in 4,822 hands. My final tally on the year is a (all in EV) profit of $2,879.88 in 35,182 hands. For those interested in actual numbers instead of all in EV, my monetary profit over the month was $3,031.70 at the rate of $18.23 per hour.

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: April All In EV -$491.72 from 4,396 Hands Well in my opinion you did very well so a big well done from me. What is on the agends now. Still playing HU or you going to try something different. Keep posting your results. :ok

Well .... in my panic over the US and Pokerstars situation I withdrew most of my bankroll, not leaving myself a lot of breathing space (and I HATE depositing - it's just sooooo unnecessary :tongue2).... and that's a recipe for disaster! I've been struggling as well - not just "variance" IMO, but bad play/judgement - a lot through chasing volume - so I'm going to take advantage of the situation and knock this challenge on the head (without losing sight of the fact that I've done very well out of it :)) - I'm still going to play, but without the targets for profit or volume and as such I expect the amount I'm playing to fall off dramatically (for the moment at least) ... until I feel I'm playing well again. My final tally for this month is a (all in EV) loss $561.01 in 4,822 hands. My final tally on the year is a (all in EV) profit of $2,89.88 in 35,182 hands. For those interested in actual numbers instead of all in EV, my monetary profit over the month was $3,031.70 at the rate of $18.23 per hour.

Re: 2011 Heads Up Cash: April All In EV -$491.72 from 4,396 Hands

Well in my opinion you did very well so a big well done from me.
Cheers Staffy - yes me too :tongue2 I've far exceeded my expectations at the outset - I consider it a success, not a failure and am thrilled with how it went overall :) With the right mindset, I believe that I can beat this game now, which at the beginning I definitely wasnt confident of.
What is on the agends now. Still playing HU or you going to try something different. Keep posting your results. :ok
I think my best opportunity to win is in HU Cash - so that's likely to be what I play most - but I'm going to try and do it in a more relaxed manner, without presurising myself for volume and limiting myself to playing at times when I feel I'm focused and alert. I'll probably allow myself to dabble in other things from time to time when I feel like a change.