** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

What happens to King George Chase ante post bets ?

Re: What happens to King George Chase ante post bets ? I just had a look at Ladbrokes' ante-post rules. It looks as though ante-post bets stand unless the race is moved to another track or the conditions of the race are changed.

If a bet on an Ante Post selection was placed after the entries closed, it will become void unless: The race is run on a later date at the same venue; and entries are not re-opened, in which case the bet will stand. However, if the conditions of the race change (e.g. if the race is to be run over a different distance), all affected Ante-Post selections will be void.

Re: What happens to King George Chase ante post bets ? This is taken from RacingPost article:

Bookmakers William Hill have said that if the race is reopened, all ante-post bets made before midday on December 20 will stand. Any bets made after that time will be void. However, if the race is not reopened then all bets stand.
I would have thought most bookies will be the same as nothing is gonna change from an Ante Post prespective it will just be normal bets that are affected at the Declaration stage as there are likely to be changes

Re: What happens to King George Chase ante post bets ?

This is taken from RacingPost article: I would have thought most bookies will be the same as nothing is gonna change from an Ante Post prespective it will just be normal bets that are affected at the Declaration stage as there are likely to be changes
Not too happy at WH ante post ideasas my bet was placed before the 20th, i have a decent price but as the bet will stand , theoretically, Denman, Diamond Harry , Pandorama , Joncol, Punchestowns, Big Bucks, could all turn up and after having 25/1 down to 8/1 on the day, could go out to 50s or more, thats not mentioning What a Friend and Burton Port who were originally in but taken out and having to wait to see if my selection is fit in 3 weeks time and still goes for the race as they have KS already as favourite and there may be other options by then.

Not too happy at WH ante post ideasas my bet was placed before the 20th' date=' i have a decent price but as the bet will stand , theoretically, Denman, Diamond Harry , Pandorama , Joncol, Punchestowns, Big Bucks, could all turn up and after having 25/1 down to 8/1 on the day, could go out to 50s or more, thats not mentioning What a Friend and Burton Port who were originally in but taken out and having to wait to see if my selection is fit in 3 weeks time and still goes for the race as they have KS already as favourite and there may be other options by then.[/quote'] Thats an Ante Post bet plain and simple you knew the risk before placing the bet, Ante post bets need to be thought about every eventuality!

Not too happy at WH ante post ideasas my bet was placed before the 20th' date=' i have a decent price but as the bet will stand , theoretically, Denman, Diamond Harry , Pandorama , Joncol, Punchestowns, Big Bucks, could all turn up and after having 25/1 down to 8/1 on the day, could go out to 50s or more, thats not mentioning What a Friend and Burton Port who were originally in but taken out and having to wait to see if my selection is fit in 3 weeks time and still goes for the race as they have KS already as favourite and there may be other options by then.[/quote'] If entries are re-opened, all ante-post bets will be void. :ok

If entries are re-opened' date=' all ante-post bets will be void. :ok[/quote'] That i can accept, Re-opened race with the same or different entries then make your decisions again but WH have stated that all bets struck before the 20th Dec will stand.

That i can accept' date=' Re-opened race with the same or different entries then make your decisions again but WH have stated that all bets struck before the 20th Dec will stand.[/quote'] I'm guessing this wont be the case if entries are indeed re-opened.

Thats an Ante Post bet plain and simple you knew the risk before placing the bet' date=' Ante post bets need to be thought about every eventuality![/quote'] If your selection doesnt run, then fair enough you lose your money, but by re-opening the race horses that were never entered in the first place could now be entered, it would be better if it was restricted to all the original entries, those taken out at various declaration stages would be allowed back in. For instance if something untoward happened to Kauto Star before the re-scheduled race, Paul Nicholls may (unlikely) let Big Bucks run and if he should win the layers would collect all the Ante post money as he was never an original entry which is not right. All other bookies have stated that should the race be re-opened all ante-post bets will be void.

If your selection doesnt run, then fair enough you lose your money, but by re-opening the race horses that were never entered in the first place could now be entered, it would be better if it was restricted to all the original entries, those taken out at various declaration stages would be allowed back in. For instance if something untoward happened to Kauto Star before the re-scheduled race, Paul Nicholls may (unlikely) let Big Bucks run and if he should win the layers would collect all the Ante post money as he was never an original entry which is not right. All other bookies have stated that should the race be re-opened all ante-post bets will be void.
But that is an Ante Post bet its like me betting on Triumph Hurdle anyone at this stage can be entered and therefore I am taking that risk its Ante Post!

But that is an Ante Post bet its like me betting on Triumph Hurdle anyone at this stage can be entered and therefore I am taking that risk its Ante Post!
I see your point but at various declaration stages horses are withdrawn and bookmakers shorten their prices accordingly (Grand National having 3 or 4 declaration stages), those that are withdrawn at the declaration stages are not allowed back in the race after being withdrawn. I totally agree that if the race is not re-opened all bets should stand but disagree if it is re-opened. Once the entries on the Triumph Hurdle close you make your decision whether to have a bet on your selection as to whether it is a value price against the other entries in the race, it may or may not run but you wont expect any more entries to be added to the race later, after the closing date.

Is that just yourself or all of us ? Still no refund in my account , however the manager of my local branch says all bets stand .
I went onto my account online and E-mailed them saying I would like my money back. I got a Email back from customer services saying if it was a 'Non runner No bet' then I could so I then replyed to the Email saying it was and would like my money back in my Laddies account and thanking them for the time. They then replyed and put it back in.