Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series

Having played out a belting ODI series, Pakistan and South Africa now do battle over a two test match series in the same two venues as the ODI's. As with the ODI's, both matches are live on Eurosport in the UK. Schedule:

Fri Nov 12 - Tue Nov 16 06:00 GMT | 10:00 local 06:00 GMT 1st Test - Pakistan v South Africa Dubai International Cricket Stadium 32.png 22 - 29° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sat Nov 20 - Wed Nov 24 06:00 GMT | 10:00 local 06:00 GMT 2nd Test - Pakistan v South Africa Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
N/A

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series Not sure about betting on this series in the light of the Haider scandal. Not really got time to look for bets in the 1st test either as I'm cramming in work to leave early to get to Wrexham for the Luton game tonight. Going to take this small outright and then watch the early exchanges in the 1st test before deciding whether to bet. 1pt A.Ali Top Pakistan Series Batsman 8/1 Stan James As I said when Pakistan were over here, this guy impressed me a lot. He struggled against the moving ball against England but when they got on a flat wicket which didn't move in the air he top scored and almost made a ton. Conditions here should suit him nicely. The ball isn't going to do much on these wickets and there isn't going to be extreme pace or bounce. I'm not sure where he's going to fit into this Pakistan side at the minute, be it at 3 or at 5 or 6 but that doesn't matter as much in test matches. We've seen all year long really that Pakistan struggle to build innings but Azhar has the technique to stay at the crease for long periods of time and he has the motivation and drive to do that too with him looking to cement a place in the side. 8/1 is a big price if he plays both tests and if he bats at 3 then it's even bigger. At the price I think it's well worth paying to find out as he's got all the credentials to go well in this series.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series Sport Cricket Event South Africa v Pakistan 1st test Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 16/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.50 Reasoning Tough to get involved with Pakistan, but I think they can salvage a draw here. 2 down going into the last day, they put batting to come and got a chance. Lately they've been showing some fight and this wicket still looks decent for batting. SA bowling hasn't looked great, and this price looks big enough to take a chance with.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series One for me originally for this 2nd match which begins overnight in Abu Dhabi. 3pts M.Hafeez's Performance Pts - 85&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I think this is a lovely line for Hafeez. He's been in excellent touch against South Africa in all forms of the game and there's nothing in the conditions to present a reason why that won't continue here. Conditions will be good for batting. Bounce will be fine. Playing spin could be tough but Hafeez is a good player of spin and I would expect him to get pretty close to this 85pt line with the bat, if not surpass it. However this wicket will take turn so I would expect Hafeez to bowl a few overs as well. We don't have a lot of long match history on this ground but Durham played the MCC on this ground to kick off the curtain raiser for the county season and young leggie Borthwick took 8 for in the match, so that says this wicket will turn. Hafeez is a decent enough fielder so he may get the odd catch along the way but in conditions which will suit him with bat and ball I'll hit the overs here.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series Azhar held off Misbah by 17 runs to bring in the top series batsman at a very nice price. 2 bets for the series and a profit of +10.5pts which goes a fair way to making up for the shambles of a time I had in the India/NZ thread.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series

Not sure about betting on this series in the light of the Haider scandal. Not really got time to look for bets in the 1st test either as I'm cramming in work to leave early to get to Wrexham for the Luton game tonight. Going to take this small outright and then watch the early exchanges in the 1st test before deciding whether to bet. 1pt A.Ali Top Pakistan Series Batsman 8/1 Stan James As I said when Pakistan were over here, this guy impressed me a lot. He struggled against the moving ball against England but when they got on a flat wicket which didn't move in the air he top scored and almost made a ton. Conditions here should suit him nicely. The ball isn't going to do much on these wickets and there isn't going to be extreme pace or bounce. I'm not sure where he's going to fit into this Pakistan side at the minute, be it at 3 or at 5 or 6 but that doesn't matter as much in test matches. We've seen all year long really that Pakistan struggle to build innings but Azhar has the technique to stay at the crease for long periods of time and he has the motivation and drive to do that too with him looking to cement a place in the side. 8/1 is a big price if he plays both tests and if he bats at 3 then it's even bigger. At the price I think it's well worth paying to find out as he's got all the credentials to go well in this series.
Great Call Kev! Was it Ali we missed out on a few series ago because Cook missed catching Umar Akmal because he was running in pads?? If so, justice has been done!!

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series

Great Call Kev! Was it Ali we missed out on a few series ago because Cook missed catching Umar Akmal because he was running in pads?? If so' date=' justice has been done!![/quote'] It was indeed. Happy to win at the bigger price :D.