** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Sunday 24/10/10

3.05 Towcester - Miss Overdrive (13/8 Stan James) 1pt Win Stands out for me on a day of limited possibilities, won with a lot in hand last time out and with the Turnell yard going reasonably well I expect her to follow up. Drop in trip is not ideal but should be offset by the stiff finish, opposition looks thin on the ground, Way Back When would be a danger but I would prefer to see Alan King getting a few more winners before backing one of his.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 24/10/10 16:05 Wincanton Really fancy Sir Harry Cool to run a big race today and get his head in front. John Panvert's mount really loves Wincanton, having had both his two victories here. His first was rather fortunate as he was left in front after the likely winner fell at the last. His second win here (under today's rider and off a 3lbs lower mark than today) was no fluke and nice performance over today's distance. Struggled since the huge hike in the weights, and never really relished fences when tried over them (liable to make a few mistakes over the bigger obstacles). Back down to a reasonable mark now, having had a bit of break to freshen him up. On a course, trip and rider who he really likes. I think he's overpriced at these stages and I'm fairly confident of him being up to winning this. Trainer record at Wincanton is pretty incredible too, with a 5/15 (33.3%) record in the past three seasons (all of them wins coming over hurdles). When John Panvert mounts and jockey David England team up, they have a fantastic record of 5/7. With all these factors included, I'm very confident of a good run for my money. I think Sir Harry Cool can turn around the form after his last run and go very close. Sir Harry Cool; Win @ 11/2 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 24/10/10 Aintree 3.20 Predictive EW - 9/1 Lads SJ Will love the softened ground and boosts some very good form from last year. The 3rd at Kelso was behind 2 good horses and the trip was too short for him. The ground in April at Aintree was too lively for him. Considering he is 4lbs lower today and another 7lb claimed by the talented conditional, I think he can go close here.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 24/10/10 430 Aintree: Iona Days EW (22/1 VCBet) Interesting race with the eagerly awaited debut of Cue Card, winner of the bumper final at the festival last march. He will be long odds on now that Captain Chris is out which gives a little value in some of the outsiders EW. I like Iona Days, he was about to win last time before being hampered and coming down two out, it was a good run as the trainer usually likes to leave a bit of improvement when running first time, he will be spot on here and at the prices must be worth a little EW interest.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 24/10/10 1.30 Towcester Any Currency ran really well in better grades than this last season and is well in here. Back over hurdles I take her to outgun Tullyraine who won well last time out but made a few mistakes. Any Currency is too big at the price as I actually thought she would open as favourite. Should run well. 1 Pt Win 9/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 24/10/10 2.40 Galway Dawn'll Do 22-1 0.5pt ew(VC bet) This one is between whiskey galore and the favourite,but ya never can tell with these types of races which could be taken by an improver..One such improver could be Dawn'll Do from Hourigan stable... It's debut and only run to date was on soft ground,at Clommel in september in over 16f..Ran a decent race but ran very green and although showing signs of ability finished 22 lengths off eventual winner High magic and big game hunter,who actually won the race but was demoted to second.. Big game hunter since has ran well in a listed race...Dawn'll do comes in here bottom weight due to sex allowance,and also has the advantage of a 5 pound claimer,that gives it a 10 pound advantage of most of the field,particularly the favourites who arent anything to write home about.. From a decent breeding background,the hope it wil strip a lot better for it's first run and the good ground will suit it better..:nana

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 24/10/10 2:10 Aintree - Franklino - Back This should kick start the comeback season of Alan King. By his standards he had a really quiet season with a distinct lack of strength in depth in his yard. This campaign could well see him repelled back to his former glory though with a number of exciting looking types, especially his younger batch. Franklino looks to be one of those and I fully expect him to hack up here. Very good form in France and if he can translate that across the Channel then he'll win this on the bridle 1pt win @ 4/5 Victor Chandler BOG

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 24/10/10 3.20 Aintree Solway Sam 1 point win 17/2 Sportingbet IMAG0347.JPGSolway Sam is on a good mark on the form he has shown in winning his last three races in novice hurdles, the most recent on this course, and this son of Double Trigger looks sure to relish the step up to 3 miles on his handicap debut. He has not run since June, but he showed he can go well fresh when he won a bumper here last October after a 6-month break. The good-to-soft gound is fine for him and he has a great chance of winning this at a good price.