** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Monday 18th Oct

4.00 Windsor Ramona Chase probably didn't like the ground last time out although still ran ok. The time before she won tidily and 3 of the horses she beat that day went on to win so I think that is fairly good form. Will get better ground tomorrow and is the trainers only runner tomorrow. Callan booking takes the eye so all in all looks to have a good shout. 1 Pt win 12/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct 3.40 Pontefract YURITUNI - previous c&d winner here. Last result was on ground she obviously doesn't like, but ground to suit now. Kieran Fallon was the jockey that won on her 2 rides ago and is back on her today. Fillys in good form, at 11/1 this is a great value runner. 1pt win 11/1 vcbet BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct 3:40 Pontefract - Yurituni - 1pt WIN @ 10/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Talented 3 year old filly on her day who could still prove to be on a handy mark having seen blinkers improve her when winning over C&D 3 weeks ago. She just went up 2lbs for that success after making all to score by 1/2 a length in a weaker race than this, she got a big lonely in front and ran about a bit, she could of scored by further if not for that, suggesting there may be more to come. She ran at Bath next time out, upped to 6f, on soft ground and was sent off the 9/2 favourite. She got no cover at all and had to race very wide which cost her any chance, she was eased when beaten and finished last. She now drops back to 5f which is a big plus, she clearly relishes a tough stamina test and she is bred to have plenty, as shown when she won here under Kieren Fallon. He gets the leg up again and that's a massive plus in my opinion, he gave her a wonderful ride that day and has a fantastic record when riding at Pontefract, he has a 22% strike rate here and has won aboard 4 of his last 5 rides here. He also shows a big level stakes profit of +£75 to £1 stakes. Yurituni has been competitive off a mark of 7lbs higher and although it'll take a career best effort to win this she certainly has enough in the locker to do well. I can't see similar tactics being used here as there is many front runners in the race but she has been suited by fast gallops before and with her stamina likely to prove very capable once again I see her as the one who should be staying on best of the rest. She may be hot and cold at times but I believe last weeks performance was due to being ridden so wide and not being covered up, she will get plenty of chances to cover up here and she clearly enjoyed the testing track on her only start here. There is more to come from this filly and although this is a tough assignment I do believe she has it in her to win, she has place claims at a minimum if coping with the short gap between races. 10/1 is too big and with everything likely to suit I had her as the 11/2 second favourite, she's worth small each way stakes in the hope that she can reproduce her impressive win on her penultimate start.

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct 220 Plumpton: Addwaitya 5/4 PP Two very average novice races today, the first looks a match between Addwaitya who ran well when 4th at Stratford behind one or two decent horses and Beaubrav who was third to Marc Aurele at Plumpton. Just like the first form line better as Addwaitya was ridden with the future in mind that day. The winner Russian George is decent and Saltagioo and Tout Regulier filled the places, any of them would be odds on here so the form looks solid enough.

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct Pontefract 4:40 Tillietudlem 13/2 Bet365(BOG) 1 point win Kieron Fallon rides this course really well and has 8 wins from 33 rides giving him a 24% strike rate, +16.88. He has had a bit of a barron run of late and think he will be glad to be back at pontefract with some decent rides. Was carrying 10st when finishing 4th to Lava Lamp on this horse over C&D but turns out today 9st 4lbs while Lava Lamp gains an extra 2 pounds because of the win. 13/2 looks a bit generous to me and think this horse will go close today.

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct Mycenean Prince - Plumpton 3:20 Interestingly this is McCoy's only ride today... On that basis alone i would back this! This can be a mule of a horse but McCoy has tuned 2 wins out of i on its last 3 starts, albeit can be very hard work just to keep the horse going but it finished strongly them times and might do so again today. Switch to chasing is another concern but should be fine. Small field of 8 runners and id rather be on it than against it today in a weak race. 1 Point win @ 9/4 (Stanjames) BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct Plumpton 4.50 Winsley Hill EW - 5/1 @ SJ Form of his latest win stands up. Is It Me almost won at Cheltenham on Saturday. Another good effort lto, when chasing home Phillip Hobbs and Nick Williams improvers over shorter than ideal trip. Back to 3 miles today will suit and when on form he is capable of winning off this mark. Did it twice last year in October. Not entirely sure the depth of this race is any good and it could easily go to the best stayer in the end. I think Winsley Hill has the stamina and the form to win today.

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct 4:10 Pontefract - Royal Exchange - Back Really interesting race this with some fascinating lightly raced types involved. However, Royal Exchange has achieved the most so far by some margin, hence his official rating being well clear of the rest. Moore riding brilliantly at the moment and I think he'll bag another winner here 1pt win @ evens Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct 4.10 Pontefract - Zenella 1pt Win (7/1 Stan James) Ann Duffield's filly steps up to listed class this afternoon after having run well over a seemingly inadequate 6 furlogs last time out at Warwick. Form of her debut win when a seemingly unfancied 20/1 doesn't look too bad with third place Chevise winning and getting beat a short head in his two subsequet runs. This longer trip should suit, as should the more galloping track. Getting lumps of weight off the fav and the booking of Paul Hanagan catches the eye. Looks overpriced provided she stays up the steep climb to the finish.

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct 5.10 Ponte Gutted ive missed the 10/1 that was available earlier on Beetuna, I tipped him up last time out when I couldnt believe he was allowed to go off at 33/1, he was eye catching on his return to the UK from a decent campaign in france when staying on at the death. Did something similar last time out when hopelessly detached at the rear for most of the race before staying on VERY strongly to only finish 4 lengths a drift in the end, he looks well handicapped on those 2 runs and if his young rider can get him into the race earlier he could be hard to hold back in my opinion. 1pt win Beetuna 13/2 skybet

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct 5:10 Umverti @ Pontefract - Stepping down in class from a class 3 to a class 5 and has been running quite well this year on the turf.Won a race at Ripon in August by 8 lengths over the same distance as today and has won over course and distance before. 0.5 pt E/W bet @ 16/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct First BBOTD post here. 4.10 Pontefract - Royal Exchange - 1pt Win @ 10/11 Betfred Hannon's 2yos have been in incredible form this year, he has enjoyed a massive 20% strike rate in 2010. Ryan Moore has been brought in taking the ride from Richard Hughes who's currently serving his ban. The form of the horse is well above the others in the race however Weapon of Choice and Zenella seem the obvious dangers. Weapon of Choice won a 1m maiden at Goodwodd fairly comfortably 8 days ago but was carrying a little less weight and there wasn't much else useful in the race. The bottom weight Zenella has Hanagan on board, however this filly doesn't have great form to be honest, and I can't see it quite getting up to win this one. The worry is that Royal Exchange will race too keenly and won't stay the step up in trip, but I'm fairly confident that Moore will overcome this and Hannon will have him ready.

Re: BBOTD Monday 18th Oct Fair play to those who tipped Zenella - Hanagan had a good ride. Won at 10/1, didn't think it would drift that much. Must remember to take more notice of the Overall rating - this is definitely the most important number when it comes to better class horses.