WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Ooblio TAKES IT DOWN

swampster

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 [in season 1 of the UKPPL, several players who had already qualified for the finals still played the "wildcard" game which was specifically designed for others to still qualify, thus potentially robbing them of qualification. I believe you W1nsome were one of them, not only playing having already qualified, but taking down extra money in the process.] ------------------------- I payed the buy in $5+50 to play the game...i played every single game in season1 of ukppl... so i'd say big difference between this and wpt game...where players are wanting a freebie when already qualed...fine with Teaulc and others paying $30 and playing the last chance game. [so let me get this right, you are NOW on the moral high ground? when it suits I guess?] No...as explained above:ok

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11

Page 12 of the latest issue (Chris Moorman cover) WPT Poker mag is launching a 3-tournament series' date=' called [b']10 GRAND SLAM, running till February next year, with the grand prize a superb $10k sponsorship package with Bodog Poker. The first event is on October 31st and full details are in this issue. Good luck to any PLers taking part! Also, details can be found at www.wptmag.co.uk/bodog
What exactly are the details behind the $10k sponsorship is it to live events (in UK/Europe)- solely entry fees or includes travel - accomodation - online events (on Bodog), $10k worth of credit I've tried to find the information behind the headline but everywhere just seems to say $10k Sponsorship. I presume its a solitary prize not $10k split between the Top x number of players .. Just curious to know thats all...

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 Hi VofJ, From what I can remember, it's a sole $10k prize to the winner of the GF, but was pretty flexible in how you spend it, e.g. sole event, multiple events etc. I'm guessing WPT would want need to be notified/approve any events. The full details were printed in the mag a few months ago, will try to find the article again and post or maybe someone from WPTMag will confirm :) Bart

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 Hi all, On the Last Chance Qualifier, there will be NO ADDED MONEY for the $30 tourney, entry money will be played for and the top 30 go forward to the grand final. Naturally, if you've ALREADY qualified for the GF you don't need to play, but if you play and were to finish in the top 30, your place would go to the next person underneath you in the finishing places. I would say to those finalists thinking of playing the $30, save your $30 and play another MTT ;) On the subject of the $10,000 prize, I believe it's to spend on anything the winner wants (sole event, multiple buy-ins, etc) but confirming Bodog's stipulations on how it's to be spent. I'll have this in time for the Grand Final.

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11

Hi all, On the Last Chance Qualifier, there will be NO ADDED MONEY for the $30 tourney, entry money will be played for and the top 30 go forward to the grand final. Naturally, if you've ALREADY qualified for the GF you don't need to play, but if you play and were to finish in the top 30, your place would go to the next person underneath you in the finishing places. I would say to those finalists thinking of playing the $30, save your $30 and play another MTT ;) On the subject of the $10,000 prize, I believe it's to spend on anything the winner wants (sole event, multiple buy-ins, etc) but confirming Bodog's stipulations on how it's to be spent. I'll have this in time for the Grand Final.
Jon, thanks for your reply,but you havent really answered the question,those who have already qualified but played all 3 x $5 tourneys should get free entry and be able to play for whatever prize fund is there,as per your t & c`s :ok

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 Sorry, teaulc, if you played all three $5 events and DIDN'T qualify you'll get free entry to the last-chance qualifier (hence the term, LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER). If you qualified for the final outright you won't get a free entry to the Last Chance. See you in the Grand FInal.

Hi all, On the Last Chance Qualifier, there will be NO ADDED MONEY for the $30 tourney, entry money will be played for and the top 30 go forward to the grand final. Naturally, if you've ALREADY qualified for the GF you don't need to play, but if you play and were to finish in the top 30, your place would go to the next person underneath you in the finishing places. I would say to those finalists thinking of playing the $30, save your $30 and play another MTT ;) On the subject of the $10,000 prize, I believe it's to spend on anything the winner wants (sole event, multiple buy-ins, etc) but confirming Bodog's stipulations on how it's to be spent. I'll have this in time for the Grand Final.
Thanks Jon :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 bumpety bump bump, as the last-chance qualifier is on Sunday. if any of you haven't qualified for the Grand Final yet, here's your chance to win your seat and go for the $10,000 Sponsorship Package. Still only a handful in the Last Chance QUalifier, and with top 30 guaranteed a Grand Final place, there's potentially some great value there. It's only $30 to play the Last Chance Qualifier. Same password as all previous legs. See you there and good luck!

As said i was with you on this Al 30 tickets 1st $165+ ticket 2nd $99+ ticket 3rd $66 +ticket 4th to 30th Ticket But only 11 registered :lol
quite a few of you were mate, but hey ho, if they want to change the rules halfway through what can you do? i still think its wrong that we played the $5 games,qualify and we dont get the chance to play for the money in this.

quite a few of you were mate, but hey ho, if they want to change the rules halfway through what can you do? i still think its wrong that we played the $5 games,qualify and we dont get the chance to play for the money in this.
Swampster also said no added money involved :rollin

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 :unsure

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 cheers Winsome there wasnt any added money oobs I payed $30 .11 entries $330 payed out. I was on nights for 2 of the league games so never played any, instead always intended playing the last chance and coming in the top 30 to gain my seat. The fact that only 11 played was a bonus as was the $165 I got for winning:ok

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 Pretty deplorable attitude shown by certain players,,spitting their dummies out, mocking WPT when not getting their way. WPT should be applauded and supported for putting this tournament on,and not ridiculed

cheers Winsome there wasnt any added money oobs I payed $30 .11 entries $330 payed out. I was on nights for 2 of the league games so never played any' date=' instead always intended playing the last chance and coming in the top 30 to gain my seat. The fact that only 11 played was a bonus as was the $165 I got for winning:ok[/quote'] Thats fine. Nice one fenner, and wp. :clap Just figures dont add up???? 11 players played of which Last-Chance Qualifier Free Entry Winners (players who have played all three $5 events) Fullwell Glceud JulieC Moneybasket Monopoliza RushYYZ The student 7 got free seats So surely prizemoney, should be $120? It's done now, but as rules say: "play all 3, $5 tourni's and you will be entered into last chance tourni". Wont say anymore on this subject now. GL all in the final :ok

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 Surely the name of the game explains it all. 'last chance qualifier'. Last chance to qualify if you have not already done so. A bonus, ( a very generous one at that) not for those who managed to qualify, but for those that played in 3 and failed to get in, whose money has gone towards the prizes for those that did.

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Last Chance Qualifier 30/1/11 Andy I was just about to write all that . Obviously we never stated that qualified players wouldn't get into the last chance, but we just assumed it was common sense. Apologies if we didn't make it much clearer.

Surely the name of the game explains it all. 'last chance qualifier'. Last chance to qualify if you have not already done so. A bonus, ( a very generous one at that) not for those who managed to qualify, but for those that played in 3 and failed to get in, whose money has gone towards the prizes for those that did.
it was the wording that was the problem andy, it said ALL who play the $5 ... time to draw a line under this, whats done is done and well done to Fenners for the win

• 2 weeks later...

Re: WPT Magazine - Win $10,000 Bodog Sponsorship - Grand Final Feb.20th 18.05pm Just seen the T&C of the sponsorship package - all offline Buy-Ins with events having value of $2,500 or more before 31/08/2011. Just for curiosity if people won this what events would they target -WSOP, EPT,or other ?? - (also as a side note do WSOP allow registration by a third party - i thought you used to have to pay cash in person for the WSOP) Prizes – The Sponsorship Package • The winner of the 10 Grand Slam Grand Final held on February 20, 2011 (the “Grand Final”) will be awarded a $10,000 Sponsorship Package subject to the terms below. • The Winner of the Sponsorship Package will be given a budget of $10,000 (the “Budget”) to be used for the entry fee for any Qualifying Tournament. • A Qualifying Tournament is defined as any offline poker tournament held any where in the world that has an entry buy-in of $2,500 or more and is held prior to the 31 August 2011. • The Winner must provide bodog.co.uk (the “Sponsor”) with written notification of the Qualifying Tournament(s) they wish to enter. Such notification does not guarantee entry in to such Qualifying Tournament(s). • The Sponsor will pay for each Qualifying Tournament entry fee on the Winner’s behalf and notify the Winner with the registration details. • The Winner must pay for their own travel, accommodation and all other expenses incidental to or relating to the Qualifying Tournament(s) they participate in. • The Winner is required to participate in at least one Qualifying Tournament prior to 31 August 2011. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the entire Prize. • The Winner shall be required to wear at least two items of Sponsor branded clothing (as provided by the Sponsor) at all times whilst participating in any Qualifying Tournament and for any televised or published publicity (including, but not limited to, interviews, photo shoots, etc) that the Winner is involved with during or following his participation at a Qualifying Tournament. • The Winner must provide the Sponsor with evidence (e.g. photographs, TV footage, editorial content, etc) of their compliance with the above terms within seven days of the end of each Qualifying Tournament. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the entire Prize. • Subject to compliance with the rest of these terms, if any amount of the Budget is unused by 31 August, 2011, such amount shall be credited to the Winner’s player account where it will be available for withdrawal. • The Winner is solely responsible for complying with any booking or other conditions or instructions of any relevant third party in relation to the Prize. The Sponsor shall have no liability in relation to the performance or non-performance of any service provided any other relevant third party, which shall be the sole responsibility of such relevant third party, or for the failure by the Winner to comply with any eligibility restrictions or otherwise imposed by any relevant third party. • Except that we do not exclude or limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, by law, be limited or excluded, the Sponsor accepts no liability whatsoever and however arising in relation to the Prize, including, but not limited to your participation in a Qualifying Tournament, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Prizes – $162 Ticket Entry • Grand Final players finishing in 2nd to 6th place (inclusive) will each win a $162 ticket entry to the Sponsor’s “$100K Guaranteed” weekly poker tournament (the “Ticket”). • Tickets can only be redeemed for entry in to the $100k Guaranteed Tournament. Tickets cannot be redeemed for play on any other product on the Sponsor’s website, converted in to cash, or withdrawn. • Tickets unused within 90 days from the date of issue will expire and the Winner will have no further rights to redeem the Ticket or to any other Prize. General • By participating in the Grand Final, players agree to these terms and conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the competition. • Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. If a Winner is unable to take up the Prize for whatever reason, the Prize will be forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize of the same approximate retail value, which value shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole reasonable discretion. • Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes a Winner’s consent that their name, likeness, voice, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. • No representations, warranties, conditions or other terms are made, given or accepted by the Sponsor and no other terms shall apply, as between the Sponsor and any person, in relation to any Prize, including without limitation any terms as to suitably, reliability, satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose, or any other implied terms, all of which the Sponsor excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law. • Winners may be required to complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, and publicity release within seven (7) calendar days after notice is sent, or the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. • Entrants must be aged 18 or over. • By entering the Grand Final, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, correct and complete. • The general rules and policies of the Sponsor found at www.bodog.co.uk/bodog-help.html shall also apply to this competition. • The Sponsor has the right to cancel or withdraw any Prize or change any of its terms at any time and without cause or notice. • This competition is designed for recreational accounts only and will be attributed accordingly. Any accounts deemed to be non-recreational or attempting to abuse the nature of this competition will be voided without hesitation. The Sponsor’s decision in this regard will be final. • The Sponsor is the sole arbiter of this competition and its decision is final and binding. • If you have any questions regarding the competition, please contact [email protected].