1 Goal Glory

Hodgey

Re: 1 Goal Glory Hodgey very unlucky...I cannot understand how and why that game ended 0-0, apart for the pole and the clear goal!!!!! I also lost money in this bloody game, since I lay 0-0 like you. Damn It! But anyway on the next game...

Re: 1 Goal Glory SCO: you have to go to correct scores on betting exchanges..find 0-0 and LAY that bet. Odds are normally over 10...so be very careful....and be very selective. Fortunately I only layed 2 yesterday on Man Utd so managed to keep most of the profits so far by this bet....again be very selective although you have no control on the game if something happens as yesterday !! Similarly on betting exchange there is a Back 1 or more goals..in this case odds are always around 1.06 or less...

Re: 1 Goal Glory Sco, go to betfair site. Blue is you backing it, Pink is you laying it. Say you lay at price 2.00, to win £5 of backers stake, you risk £5 of yours, if event happens, you lose five pound. if it doesn't you win the backers £5 when you lay, you choose odds and backers stake you want to win, the site works out your liability for you

Re: 1 Goal Glory So for example (Im not going to do this but...) Southampton V fuhlam. 0-0 is priced at 10. Not if I put on 2points, i stand to win 18 (if someone scores...) And if it was to be 0-0 then I would lose 18. Is that right? Seems like an awfully good way to make money if you ask me. Sco

Re: 1 Goal Glory yes if you lay at 10.00 (but you can lower this to reduce your liability) and pick £2 as backers stake, then if its 0-0 you lose £18, and if its not you get his £2 (minus commission). You need to have the £18 in your account already thought because the way it works is it takes your £18 as soon as you lay but gives it back plus backers stake once you win the lay I think it is a great way to make money, laying odds on favourites in 15 horse races for example. Also had a lot of success laying footy favourites. After Arsenal got beat by man u, i layed them against crystal palace i think it was (or was it bolton ? cant remember but result was a draw) at 1.12 so for my £2.40 risk I won £20 quid of someones money. Laying is great when a BIG team are playing poorly or have injury worries as there are some idiots that back them because of who they are. (like me in my system !!) In football i think its good as you win in two of the three cases, although the liabilities can be big. I wouldn't dream of laying anything as big as 10.00. If you're looking to do some, this weekends FA cup is a good place to start, laying teams like Villa and all the other big clubs playing in potential upset mentioned on the cup thread

Re: 1 Goal Glory sorry i still dont quite folow. So when I lay the bet, 18 pts come out my account, then if someone scores, it would go back in, and add 2. So increasing my account to 20. Seems like quite a big risk to me. Just put on a small bet laying AC Milan v lecce. Think AC might win, but thought id give it a go. So just to confirm, if it allows you to make the bet, then you cant stand to lose more than in your bank?Ie i deposited 10 quid into my account, so any bet i make if it allows me to do it, then I can lose no more than than 10, or can they just take money out of your account if you gom into the 'red'? Sco

Re: 1 Goal Glory yes how you understand it is corrext, 18 comes out and goes back in with 2 (assuming you are laying at 10.00 with £2 backers stake) it is a big risk, thats why I don't lay things at 10.00 !!! if you are laying at 1.50 then obviously risk vs reward is better I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let you make the bet if you would go over amount in account. what odds did you lay at? and what backers stake did you put in?

Re: 1 Goal Glory Apparrently at the Man Utd game the linesman was covering the last line of defence for an offside. When the the ball was lobbed towards the goal he started running back to the Man utd goal unfortunately the wind came up and blew his Man utd scarve into his eyes.