UKIPT Dublin

deadlydaveLDN

As some of you know, I played in the UKIPT Dublin, finishing 37th of 590 for 1150 euros. I was writing a trip report before I accidentally closed the internet, so I will do a proper one again when I can be bothered. But here's the short version. Day 1 Yo-yo day. Had to 4-bet fold in big pot JJ shortly before the dinner break v what turned out to be button's AK and SB (shortstack) QQ. Flop came J44. Got to 40k (AK v AQ) before dropping to 19k for end of the day (99 v 88, river 8 and Straight v Flush). Day 2 Knocked out Dan Heimiller early, then got lucky all in with 55 v AA board ran out 4786x. After that cruised up to 120k without really ever getting to showdown and felt in total control, before an ill time river check-raise dropped me to 60k. With blind at 2k/4k I had 40k and the bubble was approaching. I literally had nothing I could play with (and I wasn't bothered about hanging on for the min cash - I wanted to chip up here) but the bubble burst and I ended the day on 41k, with 11 people shorter than me. Day 3 72 players left and I knew I had to look to make early progress. Got all in with KQ v shortstack 44 and bigger stack's AQ, but flopped a K to reach 100k. Then knocked out the AQ guy with KJ v AJ :lol He wasn't happy, but it was beginning to look like it might be my day. Got moved to the streaming table and 20 minutes later the hand of death occured. First time I was SB it gets folded to me and I raise Irish guy's BB (he ended up 4th, can't remember the name). He gives me a speech and folds. Next SB folded to me again and I pick up KK, raise to 15k (3/6k blinds) he makes it 40k, I shove (about 150k total) and he calls eventually with Qh7h. Flop AhA7 turn and river both hearts, gg.