** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Would you have called

Haichan

Welcome some views on this hand yesterday. It was on ongame. its a $10 rebuy with $16,000 guarenteed. The rebuy period has closed and the prize fund is $26,000. 120 are paid and their are 130 left. Blinds are $2000/$1000, no anti. Average stack is $30,000 and I have $36,000 in small blind. dealt A/6 clubs. Smaller stack raises to $4250 from early position. I call and big blind calls. Flop is 4 spades/7 and 8 of clubs. So I've flopped nut flush draw and a straight draw, I check and the big blind goes all in for an extra $18000. then the raiser calls the all in for another $21,000. Theirs now $55,000 in the pot and its $21,000 for me to call. I'm around 50% to hit my flush or straight although the straight could be dominated. I eventually call making the pot $77,000 and leaving me with just over $11,000. early position shows pair of 10's and big blind 7/5 one club. Neither my flush or straight comes and the 10's hold up. Still made the money but out in 98th. Would you have called.

Re: Would you have called

It's a tough one.....I'd probably have called if I'd been in the hand!:ok I'd have folded pre flop to the raise though as you know you're probably behind......A6s is not usually a hand I'd play unless I'm the raiser! Well done on cashing!:ok TQM
on balance i probably shouldn't have called the opening raise. Normarly don't from small blind unless i'm sat on a monster. problem was raiser was very loose and the table had become very active as we neared the bubble. suspected he was trying it on and I was looking for the flop i got. didn't expect him to be sitting on 10's

Re: Would you have called

I'd also never have called preflop, but as played I think you have to call. If you were calling preflop to "make a move", why didnt you when you hit the flop so hard?
probably should have. Being a little too clever in trying to let them build the pot. Although unlikely to have made much difference as I don't think the flop would have scared the guy holiding 10's the way he was playing.