Cricket: Champions League Twenty20

Schedule:

Fri Sep 10 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 1st Match, Group B - Mumbai Indians v Lions New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
N/A
Sat Sep 11 11:30 GMT | 13:30 local 12:30 BST 2nd Match, Group A - Warriors v Wayamba St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
N/A
Sat Sep 11 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 3rd Match, Group A - Central Districts v Chennai Super Kings Kingsmead, Durban
N/A
Sun Sep 12 11:30 GMT | 13:30 local 12:30 BST 4th Match, Group B - Lions v South Australia SuperSport Park, Centurion
N/A
Sun Sep 12 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 5th Match, Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Guyana SuperSport Park, Centurion
N/A
Mon Sep 13 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 6th Match, Group A - Victoria v Warriors St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
N/A
Tue Sep 14 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 7th Match, Group A - Mumbai Indians v South Australia Kingsmead, Durban
N/A
Wed Sep 15 11:30 GMT | 13:30 local 12:30 BST 8th Match, Group A - Central Districts v Victoria SuperSport Park, Centurion
N/A
Wed Sep 15 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 9th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Wayamba SuperSport Park, Centurion
N/A
Thu Sep 16 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 10th Match, Group B - Guyana v Mumbai Indians Kingsmead, Durban
N/A
Fri Sep 17 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 11th Match, Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v South Australia Kingsmead, Durban
N/A
Sat Sep 18 11:30 GMT | 13:30 local 12:30 BST 12th Match, Group A - Central Districts v Warriors St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
N/A
Sat Sep 18 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 13th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Victoria St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
N/A
Sun Sep 19 11:30 GMT | 13:30 local 12:30 BST 14th Match, Group B - Lions v Guyana New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
N/A
Sun Sep 19 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 15th Match, Group B - Mumbai Indians v Royal Challengers Bangalore Kingsmead, Durban
N/A
Mon Sep 20 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 16th Match, Group A - Victoria v Wayamba SuperSport Park, Centurion
N/A
Tue Sep 21 11:30 GMT | 13:30 local 12:30 BST 17th Match, Group B - Guyana v South Australia New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
N/A
Tue Sep 21 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 18th Match, Group B - Lions v Royal Challengers Bangalore New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
N/A
Wed Sep 22 11:30 GMT | 13:30 local 12:30 BST 19th Match, Group A - Central Districts v Wayamba St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
N/A
Wed Sep 22 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 20th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Warriors St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
N/A
Fri Sep 24 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 1st semi-final - TBC v TBC Kingsmead, Durban
N/A
Sat Sep 25 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST 2nd semi-final - TBC v TBC SuperSport Park, Centurion
N/A
Sun Sep 26 15:30 GMT | 17:30 local 16:30 BST Final - TBC v TBC New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
N/A
Should be an interesting competition. The three IPL teams look very strong, particularly Chennai who've got very good spin options and lots of explosive batting.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 2 outrights for me in this. One main one and a smaller saver. 3pts Bangalore Royal Challengers to win Champions League T20 9/2 Sportingbet I don't like backing these Indian sides because as we saw last year, they have the ability to bomb out due to basically being franchised mercenaries. However I can't ignore the fact that Bangalore seem to have all bases covered here. They've got some South Africans in their ranks. In Uthappa, Taylor and to a lesser extent Cameron White too they've got some huge hitters of a cricket ball. Vinay Kumar, Steyn, Kallis and Praveen offer a decent seam attack and then there's the wily old fox Kumble with the spin. Throw in a couple of innings builders in Kallis and Dravid in case it all starts going tits up and the Challengers really could be the team to beat in this tournament. Bangalore were runners up in the IPL when it was held in South Africa so they've got previous in these conditions and I really do think Kumble's men could be the ones to beat. 1pt Victoria to win Champions League T20 6/1 Paddy Power If any side is going to challenge Bangalore I think the ones to do it are the Bushrangers from Victoria. It must be said that it's no help to them that their captain, Cameron White, is playing for Bangalore in this event but he was playing for Australia when the final of the Big Bash was going on and Victoria still won that so I'm happy to stick with them having profited from that Big Bash win. Their batting isn't as explosive as Bangalore's but in stand in captain David Hussey, Andrew McDonald and Aaron Finch they have a few hitters of a cricket ball. Brad Hodge and Rob Quiney are solid options as well. It's the bowling attack I like though. It's an all international attack with Siddle, McDonald, Harwood, Nannes and McGain all having played for Australia. Victoria are always there or thereabouts. They were semi finalists last year when champions NSW got the better of them on a dodgy Delhi wicket but on pitches which will suit the Aussie players more, I think Victoria are the next best to Bangalore.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 One more outright. 1pt ew R.Uthappa Top Tournament Runscorer 50/1 Skybet (1/4 1,2,3,4) This price is simply too big. Way too big in fact. There isn't a boundary in South Africa which is big enough for Robin Uthappa and in the IPL last year he played some really electrofying innings. Obviously he's not a certainty to be at home in these conditions with the pace and the bounce but there's no reason why he can't be. He scored a 66* when the IPL was here in 09 so he's got some sort of form in this country. A lot of the wickets here and quick and bouncy but the ball will come onto the bat and if Uthappa gets the same role as he did in the IPL, and there's no KP to take that role, then Uthappa should score a few runs in this tournament. I've already said that I think Bangalore will go well in the tournament and it could well work out the 4 semi finalists have this market covered. At 50/1 I'll take Uthappa with a small bet here.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Quiet start to the match betting for me. Just the one bet. 5pts Mumbai Most 6's 4/5 Stan James I really like this bet. The Lions are a solid team in that they play together regularly unlike the Mumbai side but they lack big hitters in their ranks. Their two main batsmen - Neil McKenzie and Zander de Bruyn, as we've seen in county cricket this season, they are strokemakers rather than sloggers. Mumbai have plenty of big hitters in their side. They've opened in the past with Ryan McLaren but JP Duminy, Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard can all clear any ropes. Lasith Malinga will be hard to swipe for 6's on these wickets. As will the likes of Harbhajan and Pollard. Mumbai have the bigger hitters and the more destructive bowling attack and I think they'll win this 6's match with a bit to spare.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20

One more outright. 1pt ew R.Uthappa Top Tournament Runscorer 50/1 Skybet (1/4 1,2,3,4) This price is simply too big. Way too big in fact. There isn't a boundary in South Africa which is big enough for Robin Uthappa and in the IPL last year he played some really electrofying innings. Obviously he's not a certainty to be at home in these conditions with the pace and the bounce but there's no reason why he can't be. He scored a 66* when the IPL was here in 09 so he's got some sort of form in this country. A lot of the wickets here and quick and bouncy but the ball will come onto the bat and if Uthappa gets the same role as he did in the IPL, and there's no KP to take that role, then Uthappa should score a few runs in this tournament. I've already said that I think Bangalore will go well in the tournament and it could well work out the 4 semi finalists have this market covered. At 50/1 I'll take Uthappa with a small bet here.
This is now certain to win.... my stake has been limited to 0.5pts EW!!

Quiet start to the match betting for me. Just the one bet. 5pts Mumbai Most 6's 4/5 Stan James I really like this bet. The Lions are a solid team in that they play together regularly unlike the Mumbai side but they lack big hitters in their ranks. Their two main batsmen - Neil McKenzie and Zander de Bruyn, as we've seen in county cricket this season, they are strokemakers rather than sloggers. Mumbai have plenty of big hitters in their side. They've opened in the past with Ryan McLaren but JP Duminy, Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard can all clear any ropes. Lasith Malinga will be hard to swipe for 6's on these wickets. As will the likes of Harbhajan and Pollard. Mumbai have the bigger hitters and the more destructive bowling attack and I think they'll win this 6's match with a bit to spare.
Start as you mean to go on! Great start Shatman!

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Just the one for me in the opener today. 4pts Warriors to beat Wayamba 5/6 Ladbrokes I was quite close to backing the Warriors to win this event before the off but the absence of Jacques Kallis from this side led me to look to the two sides I did back. This should be a belter of a group. Guyana aside, every domestic champion is in this group so we should get some quality matches. Wayamba, Sri Lanka's champions are probably in a better place in terms of experience of these two having played in the Champions League last year. What won't help them is the conditions which will be a lot different to the slow, low conditions of Sri Lanka and the sub continent. Warriors beat the Lions in the final of the Standard Bank Pro20 last year and so you could say that form line has been given a big boost with Lions' win over Mumbai last night. Despite not having Jacques Kallis in their ranks, there's still plenty of good twenty20 cricketers for the Warriors in Ashwell Prince, Mark Boucher, Rusty Theron, Nicky Boje and South Africa's new twenty20 captain, Johan Botha. Wayamba have class acts like Jayawardene and Mendis in their side but I think Warriors, on their home ground, will be much better suited to the conditions and I'll take them to open up with a victory against the Sri Lankan side here.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 2 for the 2nd game. 3pts Central Districts to beat Chennai Super Kings 5/2 Blue Square The Central Districts are outsiders here of that there's no doubt. Outsiders yes, no hopers no. As I've hinted at before, I think the genuine teams in this tournament will hold something of an edge over the mencenary franchises of the IPL. We saw that last night and I think we could see that again here. CD have no huge stars with Ross Taylor and Jacob Oram absent but one thing we know about New Zealand sides is they'll all know their jobs and perform them well - a clone of their national side. Chennai won't have played any cricket together since the IPL finished in April and that's a long time to go without playing together. Dhoni holds the key in that he needs to get this side together quickly. We saw last night that Mumbai were flat in the field, a sign of a side lacking emotion but there purely for the lure of money. Chennai have a strong side capable of winning this match but they've started IPL's slowly before getting going and with that in mind and at this price, I'll take the Kiwi side to win this one. 1pt ew A.Morkel Top Chennai Batsman 10/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Albie Morkel is the one Super King who knows these conditions and he'll know them well. I'm not convinced at all by the likely Chennai batting lineup. Hayden hardly plays these days and the Indian's all struggle against shorter bowling. Michael Hussey therefore will be the key. However there's been a bit of rain around in Durban, where the ball traditionally does a bit anyway so it could be that Chennai need their "home" all rounder to chip in with one of his famous cameos. That's where Morkel is at his best so at 10/1 I'll take him to top score in familiar conditions.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Small profit overall yesterday. 2 for the 1st game today. 4pts Highveld Lions to beat South Australia Redbacks Evs Bet365 Quite surprised at the shift in price here but I like the Lions. 1st of all they'll know the conditions at Centurion better than the Redbacks will and then they've played a match and looked very good in it even if the opposition's standard was questionable. South Australia, like the Lions, are here by virtue of being runner up in their domestic competition. However 3 key men to their Big Bash campaign - Mark Cosgrove, Shahid Afridi and Kieron Pollard, have all left them and that's 3 very big players. Literally in Cosgrove's case :lol. Those voids are going to be very big to fill. One bonus for the Redbacks will be having Callum Ferguson back after he missed the Big Bash with injury. Dan Christian and Shaun Tait were part of Australia's twenty20 side which came 2nd in the World twenty20. Tait will be tough to face but the Lions dealt with Malinga well enough on Friday and with the likes of McKenzie in good touch I'll take the South African side to take care of the Aussie side here. 3pts D.Harris' Performance Pts - 22&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. As we saw in the Champions Trophy and on England's tour of South Africa, this wicket at Centurion is very batsman friendly and I see no reason why that'll change this afternoon. With that in mind, for an opening batsman a target of 22pts on a good batting wicket with a quick outfield and relatively short boundaries isn't a huge total. If it was sneaking into the 30's I'd have second thoughts but in 6 matches in the Big Bash he scored 148 runs at a shade under 25 so he's perfectly good enough with the bat in this format to cover this total. As always there's always a chance of a catch or two in the outfield. Any bonus catches would take out almost half this total so I'm happy to go with the overs here.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 2 for me in the 2nd match, including my biggest bet on the tournament so far. 5pts Bangalore vs Guyana - 10 or more 6's 11/8 Sportingbet This is a cracking price on what is essentially an over 9.5 6's bet. We've just seen South Australia struggle early doors on this wicket and yet still have the ability in them to hit 6 6's. In this match we've got two sides who hit the ball big. Let's just run through the potential Bangalore top 7. Kallis, Pandey, Dravid, Taylor, White, Uthappa and Kohli. Only Dravid and Kallis can be called lesser hitters in that lot. Guyana, being Caribbean will naturally be flamboyant and hit 6's. We saw Trinidad & Tobago hit every attack out of India last year and Guyana have the ability to go big too - they hit 23 6's in their domestic competition on lower and slower wickets than this one. The other thing in our favour here is the short boundaries at Supersport Park. England and SA played a one day game in the Champions Trophy here where England's 330 was only just enough. We're still at altitude for this game and with both sides having strength as their batting I like this. We saw Bangalore's attack get hit quite a bit in the IPL but they outhit the opposition. Guyana did the same so I'm pretty confident we'll see 10 6's in this one. The other two bookies to price this up go 5/6 on over 10.5 6's so this is a huge price on a lower line so I'm having a decent chunk on this. 1pt J.Foo Top Guyana Batsman 16/1 Ladbrokes Jonathan Foo is a very big hitter for Guyana. He scored 103 runs in their domestic competition at a strike rate of over 200 runs per 100 balls. On these boundaries and a pitch which offers very little to the bowlers he could go absolutely bonkers. He'll bat at 6 or 7 but could come up the order if all is going well to propel the run rate. He's a big game player too having hit 43 off just 17 balls in the final to win the domestic competition for Guyana. I'm unsure of a couple of those above him. It's a big tournament for Sarwan while the likes of Barnwell and Crandon won't have played to this level before. Some go as short as 6/1 on Foo so at almost 3 times that price I'll have a small win only bet on Foo here.

5pts Bangalore vs Guyana - 10 or more 6's 11/8 Sportingbet This is a cracking price on what is essentially an over 9.5 6's bet. We've just seen South Australia struggle early doors on this wicket and yet still have the ability in them to hit 6 6's. In this match we've got two sides who hit the ball big. Let's just run through the potential Bangalore top 7. Kallis, Pandey, Dravid, Taylor, White, Uthappa and Kohli. Only Dravid and Kallis can be called lesser hitters in that lot. Guyana, being Caribbean will naturally be flamboyant and hit 6's. We saw Trinidad & Tobago hit every attack out of India last year and Guyana have the ability to go big too - they hit 23 6's in their domestic competition on lower and slower wickets than this one. The other thing in our favour here is the short boundaries at Supersport Park. England and SA played a one day game in the Champions Trophy here where England's 330 was only just enough. We're still at altitude for this game and with both sides having strength as their batting I like this. We saw Bangalore's attack get hit quite a bit in the IPL but they outhit the opposition. Guyana did the same so I'm pretty confident we'll see 10 6's in this one. The other two bookies to price this up go 5/6 on over 10.5 6's so this is a huge price on a lower line so I'm having a decent chunk on this.
Would've been a lot happier to see RCB batting first for this but :hope

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Yep, shambles from Guyana. They've got to be better than that though. Only the Harris performance to come in today. -7.50 for the day so -2.16 overall but at least the main outright bet have flown out of the traps. Still early days though so I hope that loss can be profit in the not too distant future.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Just the one for me this afternoon. 4pts Victoria Most 6's 11/10 Stan James I'm pretty happy to be getting on this at odds against. In their 1st match, the Warriors hit just 2 6's against a Wayamba side who if you take the two spinners out had a bowling attack there for the taking. Wayamba hit 9 6's in their innings which suggests as good as this Warriors attack is on paper, you can get after their attack as it doesn't have a real pace bowler in there. Victoria don't have either problem. They can hit with the best of them and in Hodge, Hussey, Finch and Quiney they've 4 big hitters before McDonald even straps his pads on. In Dirk Nannes and Clint McKay the Bushrangers have out and out pace while the likes of Harwood and McDonald are always hard to get away in this format. Warriors might be the home side but when you've got Boucher and Botha coming in at 5 and 6 your batting lineup isn't strong. Contrast that with Victoria who could bring Hussey and McDonald in at 5 and 6 and the difference is remarkable. 3/4 of Australia's seam attack is available to David Hussey here so with that attack and their batting lineup I'll take the Bushrangers to clear the ropes the most this afternoon.