** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Champions League Twenty20

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Awful awful day for me yesterday. Victoria vs Wayamba is today's offering. Am at work at the minute so will update P/L after this match. Just the one for me today. 4pts Victoria vs Wayamba - Over 34.5 Boundaries 5/6 William Hill This looks like quite a low line on a Centurion ground which is pretty small by most international standards and which has a lightning quick outfield. The 6's were an option but we're hitting that time where the wickets here are getting used a fair bit so I'd rather take the boundaries route. The other reason I'd rather take the boundaries is because a few of the key batsmen in this match are stroke players rather than hitters. The likes of Hodge and Jayawardene, opening batsmen for either side, tend to play strokes on the floor rather than wipe it out of the ground. That said there's a few hitters on show but I'm fine with that because any 6's will go onto this total. Both sides have pretty long batting lineup's and when you consider Mendis hit a few boundaries against Chennai batting 10 the other night and Siddle hit 2 boundaries to force a Super Over against the same opponents on Saturday also at 10 it shows the Bushrangers too have plenty of batting depth. Victoria will be looking for a big win here to boost their run rate and thus chances of making the semi finals so they may look for the boundary a fair bit particularly if they bat 1st. Neither bowling attack is watertight either so here at Centurion I'm pretty confident we'll see at least 35 boundaries in this match.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Just the one for me today. Was going to take the Redbacks on the handicap but oddschecker had it 3/4 and it's not it's 3/5 so I'm leaving that. So hitting the 2nd match with the one bet. 4pts Bangalore Most 6's vs Lions 11/10 Stan James There's no way this can be odds against. I readily accept that Richard Cameron turned into a miniature Kieron Pollard last time out for the Lions but that was against a pretty weak Guyana attack. If he can replicate that against the likes of Steyn, Kumble, Kumar and Kallis then well fair play to him. I have my doubts I must say. In fact, with the likes of McKenzie, van Jaarsveld and de Bruyn not big hitters, even on this ground I doubt whether the Lions will be hitting this attack for many 6's. Obviously the danger to this bet is Dravid using up 20 overs to display his forward defensive abilities but even that has it's plus points. If he bats through it will allow the likes of Taylor, White, Uthappa and Kohli, for whom mishits will go for 6's here at the Bullring, to give it some pasty safe in the knowledge there's some cover. If we weigh up the hitting potential on either side we have Taylor, White, Uthappa, Kohli and at a push Kumar and Steyn playing Cameron and Pietersen and even the latter isn't a particularly big hitter. At odds against I'm happy to take the Royal Challengers to clear the ropes the most this afternoon.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Annoying that 2 late 6's cost me there but that's life. Double header today. Bit of a gamble going on Wayamba in the 1st game but I'm not so sure. 3pts Central Districts to beat Wayamba 11/10 William Hill Both these sides are looking for their 1st win in the competition but for me the Kiwi side have looked the better in their matches. If nothing else, Wayamba have looked a shambles with the bat in their last two matches and while the Stags have conceded plenty of runs, they've scored a fair few too. Their captain, Jamie How is in excellent touch and if the likes of Ingram, Sinclair or Diamanti can show why they've been (or about to be) capped by New Zealand then they should put up an ultra competitive score. Wayamba's batsmen, the obvious two apart, has looked a shambles really and while there's always the chance the unknown players can come good I don't really see it happening here. I feel this game will be between the Stags vs Mendis and Herath. If the Stags play those two well enough to maybe score 7 an over and not lose wickets then the seamers are there to be smashed to pieces so it's the Kiwi side for me in this opening match of the day.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Got the start I wanted in terms of what the Central D's were chasing then that shambles came along :eyes. One for the 2nd game. 4pts Warriors vs Chennai - Under 10.5 6's 5/6 Paddy Power Both these sides have decent bowling attacks. Chennai in particular aren't going to go around the park too often. Certainly not in terms of getting hit for 6's anyway. Warriors bowling lineup has some of South Africa's best bowlers in it so I don't think theirs is either. As I've said before with Boucher coming in at 5 for the Warriors their batting isn't likely to scare too many people and other than the Wayamba game where more pies were produced from the Sri Lankan bowlers than a typical shift in the Pukka factory, Chennai's batting hasn't really ever been totally destructive in this competition. This is a big game for both sides so both may take it more cautiously so all in all I'm happy to be on the unders here.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 4pts Bangalore to beat Chennai @ 11/10 Skybet Should be a really good match to watch this, I think whoever wins this will most likely go onto lift the trophy. Bangalore are the bet for me at odds against, they hold some strong players in there team and I like both their batting and bowling line-ups. Chennai are slight favourites, but I feel Bangalore have the bowling attack to limit Chennai which could be key.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 The result market is too close to call I feel as this first semi could really go either way. Just taking the one for this. 4pts - Player performance: MS Dhoni 34 points & over - 5/6 Bet365 This line looks quite low to me so more than happy to take a punt on it. Dhoni is a fine all round cricketer as we know and despite looking a little scratchy in earlier matches with the bat, he hit his straps with a nice 31* in the last game. As I've said before Dhoni is a big game player and given this is a big game I'd expect him to come in at 5 if not 4 and make a contribution with the bat. Additionally he has the advantage of getting some cheap stumpings if batsmen go gung ho against Murali and Ashwin who are capable of beating the bat on either side so taking everything into account 34 points looks more than achievable for the Super Kings skipper.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 There goes the outrights :sad. One for me tomorrow. 3pts Warriors to beat South Australia 6/5 Sportingbet I'm happy to take the Warriors here. Even though I'm far from convinced about their batting lineup I'm not overly certain about South Australia's either. If the South African side can break the Redbacks opening partnership early then I think there's a soft centre to their lineup. I think the Warriors have the bowling attack to do that as well. Rusty Theron, Tsotsobe and Ntini have all played for South Africa as have Johan Botha and Nicky Boje so there's definitely wickets in this Warriors side. To be fair to South Australia they've bowled well this tournament too and in Shaun Tait they have a real destroyer at the top of the order. South Australia qualified in style for this semi final but Warriors were the 1st side through from their group and seemed to bat for a target to get through rather than to beat Chennai on Wednesday. I think in surroundings they know that there's a bit more left in the Warriors and with a partisan crowd on their side I'll take the South African side to make it through to JoBurg on Sunday.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Really disappointing performence from Bangalore tonight but I'm in agreement with you about tomorrow's match Kev. 4pts Warriors to beat South Australia @ 6/5 Sportingbet I'll go with the same stake here as I did with Bangalore today, I felt they were the bet at odds against and I'm getting the same feeling with the Warriors. Again the teams are closely matched, though that did not show in the other Semi. Warriors have a nice team and were unbeaten up until the defeat to Chennai, they were making sure of the 109 runs they needed though and with the performence Chennai put in in their semi, that result doesn't look to bad, they restricted them well. If Warriors can continue the good form they've showed and maybe step it up a tad, I can see them making Sunday's final.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 The Warriors are clearly the value pick but I won't be playing them as this Chennai side is tough to beat when they're on the game. The shortened match in the first semi meant that my MSD bet was voided. Would have taken him again if it was 34pts & over however the line has jumped up to 44 & over for no apparent reason. Instead I'll take another player performance bet. 3pts - Albie Morkel 40 & over - 5/6 bet365 Although Albie has not got much of an opportunity with the bat, he has impressed with the ball as the South African conditions have suited him perfectly. He has been taking the new ball and has nipped it around making life difficult for the batsmen and if he can continue that today, a wicket or two is very possible. Additionally if he does get in with the bat, he can make 20 or 30 runs in no time and with safe hands in the field the overs seems like a solid play here in the ACLT20 final.

Re: Cricket: Champions League Twenty20 Westy sums it up for me too. Value lies in the Warriors but at JoBurg you'd think it's going to be a batsman's contest which is where my doubts arrive in the South African side. Just the one interests me this afternoon. 4pts Chennai vs Warriors - Over 10.5 6's Evs Paddy Power I'm quite happy to take this line especially at the Bullring where the ball is reknowned for travelling miles in altitude to boundaries which are short. Very short for the likes of Kemp, Morkel, Raina, Boucher and Jacobs who are all on show here this afternoon. If Chennai were to bat 1st then even against this very good Warriors bowling attack I think this total would be nearly covered. This match isn't going to be like their group game on a slow wicket in PE. There were 7 6's in that match which was fairly low scoring and on a bigger ground and trickier wicket. With everything to play for here I expect some brave hitting, a high scoring match and a match which with the hitters it has on show will contain at least 11 6's.