UEFA Europa League > 16th September

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September

Event Napoli - Utrecht
Selection Over 3.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 16/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 3.80
Reasoning Napoli coming off an entertaining 2-2 draw @ with Bari. No doubt a big letdown for the Sicilians who took the lead for the first time in the end of the match only to see Bari equalising almost in the next attack. More will be needed from this defense but one thing is sure even if they concede they will certainly score some too. Caviani, Lavezzi and Hamsik all look really good. This is a very driven and spirited team and @ home they will be fired up. Utrecht are sticking up in Holland and are aiming higher with every year. Weak away they lost to Celtic 2-0 before beating them 4-0 at home. So they will struggle against a tough home team for sure. Napoli are enjoying there football it seems but they are to much up and down in a game, that together with there poor defensive form at the moment will provide Van Wolfsvinkel and CO with scoring chances. Could be a lot of goals and I primarly thought of -2 on Napoli I belive they will have good chances to score 3-4 goals here but the odds are imo they will concede 1-2 or two so over is the choice for me here.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip Detail
Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Sparta Prague - Palermo
Selection Palermo 0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 7/10
Date 16/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 2.08
Reasoning Going with the better team here. Palermo area a team built for counterattack but they got enough weapons to score either way. Looks like a under ofc with Sparta Prague showing a toothless attack previously in the Europa Qualies and also domesticly. They got dangerous players like Sionko and Wilfried. Palermo however got Pastore, Maccarone and Hernandez. The Sicilians play in Europe with pride and they are excited even though their long term goal is CL the EL is very good for experience and to be out in Europe are a great deed for president Zamparini. Against Bari the defense werent good and they conceded two cheap goals. They woke up in second half and really put them under pressure. Nocerino is suspended for the host and Miccoli is still out... I give Palermo an edge here the UNDER is priced without value so the DNB here is a bet I like. Hard to see Palermo losing this one, and have enough to edge it out at this price.

Event Laussane - CSKA Moskva
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 7/10
Date 16/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 2.05
Reasoning Moscows pride as a football city is @ stake when Swiss division 2 outfit Lausanne look to pull another upset on on their second consecutive Moscow outfit in Europe, followin their knock out of CSKAs city rivals Lokomotiv. It will for sure be a harder task. Showing great capability when taking out danish Randers before that also to eventually qualify for the group stage of the competition. The task here will be a lot harder though. This is the real deal and CSKA is a team on fire. Lokomotiv and Randers where having tough times deomestically when they matched up againsT Laussane. Still a great accomplishment but here the high flying side will be put back to ground. Ironically CSKA lost to Lokomotiv this weekend in a game with 2 red cards and a little mixed starting line up. This comp will be a distraction, yet pleasent, for Lausanne but you have to wonder how they will handle playing on two fronts with a smal squad. The value on CSKA is drained wont touch them for under 1.65 at least, but as they have conceded and are in goalscoring form and Laussane score and concede to. I think the value is in over 2.5 goals.

Event Stuttgart - Young Boys
Selection Stuttgart -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 5/10
Date 16/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.19
Reasoning Have to take a shot here. Feels like YB are a bit overrated here coming in without Emiliano Dudar, David Degen (twin brother in Stuttgart Phillip also suspended) and Senad Lulic. They have been a positive suprise in Europe so far but I feel like they arae a bit overambitios. They can get very naive defensively and in attack they can create a lot and miss to many chances. Stuttgart have been suffering in Bundesliga but this is a different competition. Gross knows his country men well and he is also a great motivator. Home side have a chance to turn things and I belive they have good chances of doing so here. YB not as strong away and their strong acomplichment of knocking out Fenerbatche where a lot thanks to the turks. Gross will know how to play YB and motivate his team. A team with quality and crowd in their back. YB without 3 good players and the fairy tale could get a twist here.

Event Lille - Sporting
Selection Lille -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 3/10
Date 16/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 3.60
Reasoning Even matchup here. Neither side been in scoring form. Lille got their first win in the Ligue 1 this weekend winning 4-1 away to a Lens that fnished the match with 9 men on the pitch. So we shouldnt take to much from that. The confidence will serve well aas this unit wiht young talented players need just that to play their best. Sporting been a solid side without much flash. Lowscoring games and miminum effort seem to be their thing right now. Its important for Lille to get the momentum going, they will probably rotate the squad but even with that they should have enough for Sporting to win this one. The coach wants them t o play attacking football and they have been creating chances even though they had trouble converting. But in last match they should be good and with a Sporting side close to mediocracy it will be a good platform for starting a run. Sporting will miss suspended Liedson and Maniche, Pedro Mendes, Leandro Grimi and Marat Izmailov thru injuries.

Thursday 16.09.10 After so many past to play in the Champions League, Porto this year 's starts from' Europa League, the former UEFA Cup, an event that the Portuguese won the 'last time I played in the 2002/03 season. The Portuguese team wants to redeem the 'last season, when they finished third in the league and was eliminated from the Champions League after a crushing defeat on the field of' Arsenal (0-5). Excellent was the 'start to the season so far of the Portuguese, since they won the Portuguese Super Cup, with a double victory over the in Europe League the preliminary sample and obtained 4 wins in 4 matches. Different speech for Rapid Vienna in the league that has only 9 points in 7 games, although he has lived his moment of glory when in 'Europe's last preliminary league has eliminated the' Aston Villa's 3-2 win in England the deciding match. Porto presents itself in full force for this match, while Rapid Vienna, who has missed the session transfers' important Jelavic striker, arrives in Portugal without Heikkinen (midfielder holder) and Pehlivan (another midfielder), out of an injury, as well in Eder (player not important) and the new purchase Vennegoor of Hesselink. Field factor, current condition and most international experience of Porto, make me think that the Portuguese will get the first three points of the round against an opponent who, at this moment, can not preoccupied much, and I think that the Brazilian Hulk can find the way of the goals given its exceptional moment having scored 6 goals in the last 3 official matches (hat-trick against Genk, two goals against Rio Ave and goals against Braga). Porto AH (-1.5), 7/10 stakes, odds 1.95, bet365 Hulk to score, 3/10 stakes, odds 2.30, bet365
Agree with this, Porto look very good spent a fair bit of money in the summer but it looks to be paying off, watched the game against Gent (or Genk? Cant remember!) and it was a crazy match, goals flew in everywhere but as you state this is certainly an important game for Porto with the next two games away, games I would imagine they are more likely to rotate players I might be wrong but I think they will be very strong in this game.. The odds on a straight home win are lousy but I think the handicap is probable in this one and paddy power have restricted me a little bit but I still got to put on a fair chunk at 1.9 which is a little bit out of line considering their straight price is 1.3 most places I was expecting 1.8 at best.. The goals market is the main one I'm attacking having watched both sides in action a little bit I feel there are unlikely to be clean sheets at either end, Porto's home games reguarly go over 2.5 and Wein are no slouches in front of goal either I think both teams will score but I also thought that last night with Braga and look what happened there! I am covering the chance of Porto winning 3-0 4-0 or something by going on the overs/unders market..overs is better than I thought at 1.76 I was expecting 1.6ish and the over 3.5 is not a bet I would normally place but the 2.87 on offer is too good to turn down. A 3-1 or 4-2 win is not unlikely in my eyes, I dont think Wien will defend for 90mins they do not seem to approach games that way..I can just see Porto having too much power and too many options for them. Porto -1EH 1.9 Paddypower Over 2.5 1.76 ladbrokes Over 3.5 2.87 Coral

Event PSV - Sampdoria
Selection Draw
Strength 3/10
Date 16/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price 888Sport @ 3.50
Reasoning I think the draw probability in this one is way higher then these odds. Sampdoria didnt show defensive stability away at Juve but they already look a little tired. At the start of the season the condition is not yet optimal and matches are coming fast and thick for them. Usually tight away Samp should look to hold the tempo down and save some energy. The concentration will ofc be on the home games and 9 points there (more or less) and next round is a fact. PSV will want to win but I dont think a draw will be a too big of a dissapointment. Samp where pretty tired in the end of the Juve game. and Juve did enough to win the tie but Cassano and CO got a valuable point from Turin. The new Samp Coach Domenico Di Carlo introduced a couple of young guns and they looked exciting. Pazzini will prob play or else Pozzi is ready to score for his second concecutive match and Cassano will despite starting not play the whole match. PSV will miss defenders Stanislav Manolev and Francisco Javier Rodriguez and with telented Isaksson, who could be erratic from time to time, they lack the stability to be able to close out this game I think. The draw is where the value is imo and this should be tight.

Four players – defenders George Galamaz and Pablo Brandan and strikers Marius Onofras and Marius Bilasco – are ineligible having previously played in Champions League qualifiers for Unirea Urziceni.
all players from Unirea that played with Hajduc or Zenit can't play, and that's in Steaua advantage (I believe), just told you that at Urziceni they played extremely bad, so now the players who will play know the play and the colleagues better, Steaua will play better with old team.

Dinamo Zagreb - Villareal over 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Dinamo are usually good at home and in a group that also includes PAOK Salonika and Club Brugge, they will be lloking to get as many points at home as possible. Expect them to attack and go looking for goals, and midfielder Sammir in good goalscoring form, they are capable of doing that, as they showed in the previous round of EL qualifiers where they scored twice in both legs in beating Gyor 2-1 at home and 2-0 away. But they are up against Villareal who are coming off an emphatic 4-0 win over Espanyol on the weekend. They also beat Dnepr 5-0 at home and 2-1 away in the last round of the EL so they too can score goals. Dinamo will be urged on their passionate home fans so doubt that they will sit back here while Villareal have some quality in their side like Rossi up front that can expose them on the counter. Like the look of goals in this game
No hard feelings, but Dinamo is not good at home, in HNL and against much weaker opponents (im talking about Euro cups qualification) maybe, but against any serious team they usually suck. I have nothing against your bet (3-0 Villareal and everybody is happy :D) just wanted to stated my opinion. GL.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Aris vs Athletico Madrid Athletico Madrid @ 1.97 (Betfair). Athletico have started the new season well, winning the European Super Cup beating Inter and winning the opening 2 la liga matches. I don't know much about Aris but looking at there results nothing really stands out, a couple decent results in the league but Athletico should pose a much harder task. Im happy to take Athletico at this price although I don't usually like to bet when I don't know much about opposition. Az Alkmaar vs Sheriff Tiraspol ... Alkmaar have started the season very badly, no wins in first 5 Eredivisie matches (3 draws and 2 defeats), They qualified by beating Kazakhstan based Aktobe 3-2 on aggregrate in previous round 2-0 at home and getting beat 2-1 away. Az may be odds on for this match and could win this but for 1.62 I wouldn't touch a team this out of form. No Bet. Bayern Leverkusen vs Rosenborg Rosenborg + 1.0/1.5 @ 1.86 (Ladbrokes). Bayern Leverkusen at around 1.33-1.44 is far to low to interest me, instead im going for Rosenborg +1.0/1.5. In Bayern Leverkusens last 2 matches they have conceeded 8 goals, shipping 6 at home to Borussia M'gladbach and another 2 away to Hannover. Maybe the europa cup will be a distraction for them but I regard Rosenborg as a better team than M'Gladbach and they are more than capable off winnning in germany. Rosenborg are 23 games into there league season so they should be in prime condition fitness wise, they are also undefeated away from home in the league, winning 1-0 away to AIK in the europa league although they did go down 0-1 to Copenhagen. I expect a tight match between these sides tonight

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Dinamo Zagreb - Villareal over 2.5 @ 2.05 Pinnacle Dinamo are usually good at home and in a group that also includes PAOK Salonika and Club Brugge, they will be lloking to get as many points at home as possible. Expect them to attack and go looking for goals, and midfielder Sammir in good goalscoring form, they are capable of doing that, as they showed in the previous round of EL qualifiers where they scored twice in both legs in beating Gyor 2-1 at home and 2-0 away. But they are up against Villareal who are coming off an emphatic 4-0 win over Espanyol on the weekend. They also beat Dnepr 5-0 at home and 2-1 away in the last round of the EL so they too can score goals. Dinamo will be urged on their passionate home fans so doubt that they will sit back here while Villareal have some quality in their side like Rossi up front that can expose them on the counter. Like the look of goals in this game ---------------------------------------------------------------------- No passionate fans because they want crazy owner out and they are not coming on the stadium. Feeling in Zagreb is that Villa is big favourite here. Dinamo is much better after new coach Halilhodzic came but still a lot down to Villareal. Been watched all Dinamo euro games in Zagreb in last yrs and I dont have a feeling that Dinamo is strong at home. Villa 0-2

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Bayer Leverkusen vs Rosenborg Bayer Leverkusen -1 @ 2.20 (Unibet) Bayer Leverkusen haven't started great in Bundesliga, but they have 1/1/1 with their most recent result being an away draw versus Hannover. The focus of this bet though is Rosenborg - a team that is vastly over-rated by many people who do not follow the Norwegian league closely. The Norwegian league is worse than it has been for many years, and Rosenborg a shadow of it's former self even though Nils Arne Eggen is back as coach. I think Rosenborg would have been relegated from the Bundesliga. Rosenborg have played eight games against Bundesliga opponents in the UEFA Champions League group stage, with the record W1 D3 L4 (W1 D0 L3 away). The win came in 1999, when Rosenborg was a good team (to be honest, it's a while since the losses too, but Rosenborg struggle with Bundesliga teams). Leverkusen have won their last three UEFA club competition games. Rosenborg have scored just once in their last four European away games. Rosenborg has many times been accused of playing too naively in difficult European games, and I think they will again. They are not used to defending from the rubbish Norwegian league. I think Bayer Leverkusen will punish them severely and win by at least 2 goals. An alternative bet could be over 2.5 goals, but I feel the handicap is more value and my personal prediction would be a scoreline like 4-1.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September 2010-09-16 Besiktas - CSKA Sofia Consedering the form of Besiktas, you may even expect them to cover this ebt but, because of the playing style of Schuster, the defense come forward to the midfield and this brings spaces for any team for counter attacks... Odds represent value for sure since in Istanbul, in Besiktas's home ground, you dont expect this team to score 1 and settle.. Thye will face against Fenerbahce on Sunday in a big derby so I also think the concentration wont be full which is in favour of our bet since I believe that CSKA can find some chances to score... To conclude, I find this bet/risk very acceptable under the facts of this game... Pick: >2.5, Odds: 1.98, Stake: 9, Bookmaker: Ladbrokes

2010-09-16 Karpaty Lviv - Borussia Dortmund This part is for the reasoning of my bet, right ? I'll start with the possible starting 11 according to the Borussia Dortmund offical site : Weidenfeller - Owomoyela, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Kehl, Sahin - Kuba, Kagawa, Großkreutz - Barrios. I believe that this team should be the number 1 reason I suggest this bet. K.Lviv like most of the Ukranian sides is a competitive side playing with physics mostly and ambitious to show themselves. But, this is what it is on the paper... On the field, you just see a avreage team which has really limited capacity. They eleminated Galatasaray in paly-offs but you should not be mis-leaded by that since at that time Galatasaray team was truely out of form, fighting with injuries and was dealing with unfinished transfers while the "in team" players were playing really bad... Even though, they eleminated Galatasaray by 2-2 and 1-1 results where they scored the equlizer in the last second of the game by a huge defensive mistake... I belive that this Borussia has all the quality to beat Lviv and the odds represents a real value for me... One last thing : Consedering the other teams in this group are Sevilla and PSG, I believe Borussia would like to take the 3 poimnts here and I doubt that we can find 1.90 for any Lviv home game after tomorrow night. Pick: A, Odds: 1.90, Stake: 9, Bookmaker: Nordicbet

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Levski Sofia vs. KAA Gent UNDER 2.5 @ 1,70 (bet365) I do not expect many goals in this match and will try to bet UNDER 2.5 @ 1,70 After the injury of one of the main players in the midline (Gadjev) I suggest that Levski will play a more closed and will play the counter attack. I'm gonna try and Levski Sofia vs. KAA Gent 1:1 @ 6,00 (bet365). :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Besiktas - CSKA Sofia OVER 3,5 3,25@bet365 CSKA did not show good games on defense in league matches, but on the other hand always score at least one goal in their games. Besiktas have a very good attack and I think they will score at least 3 goals.:hope

I know it sounds crazy but i'm taking Karpaty +0.5AH @1.975 bet365 The difrence in class is huge,Dortmund is class above us and most of our players are ukrainians but we are strong as a team.we don't give up easy,we score goals,we are unbeaten in Europa so far with record 4-2-0 and for some reason our stadium is very lucky.Karpaty still unbeaten at home this season in all competitions also our national team always wins when play on our stadium.we have all players available.it's a first group game so don't think Dortmund will play all 100% away from home.Our players have no fear to play big teams and will be up for a good fight.I mighty be biased but this is my bet ;)
Good thinking, I will definitely watch this game, Karpaty are tough playing home, they eliminated Galatasaray and earned a place in the groups, against Dortmund they are again underdogs and they can play without pressure unlike Dortmund.. I will keep a close eye on my national striker Zenjov, he has been on the scoresheet few games now..against Galatasaray, Volyn, Italy, Karpaty..young, hungry and pacy striker..against Italy he was best player for Estonia, continuesly being a headache for Chiellini-Bonucci. Last bad game for Dortmund was against Leverkusen at the start of the season , but now have been peaking already and defeated Stuttgart and former Bundesliga favorite(? 3 straight losses, not a favorite anymore Id say) Wolfsburg..Lucas Barrios and Kagawa are lethal upfront..defense has not leaked many goals, kept Dzeko and Diego high and dry and overall they look really strong as a team.. As much I would like to see my native Zenjov to go through, I believe Dortmund are clear favorites tonight and they will win..This will be too much for home team to handle..But wait until the lineups are out, because Dortmund has a derby against Schalke on Sunday..They might make few changes..

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Besiktas - CSKA Sofia Besiktas has been scoring for fun, 12 goals in the last 3 games, Guti and Quaresma are offering this huge creativity to the side and then there is Bobo who realise all these chances upfront , Ricardo Q did not take part last game , maybe an injury i dont know, but they still won 4-0..if hes back tonight then there will be plenty of goals I believe. Turkish league is tough to bet on, always surprises , anybody can beat anybody but tonight they are going against CSKA Sofia who is 9th in Bulgaria with a goal difference 8-7 , +1 only..Home team will try to do a good beating and get a good mental prep for Fenerbache game.. Try over 2.5 @ 1.926 or even over 3 @ 2.6 ..both in Pinnacle

LIVERPOOl V.S. STEAUA

663.gif1776.gif

At the moment, i see Liverpool as a very sturdy team that can defend well at the back, but ALWAYS have problems converting at the front. Based on the team news, Torres and Gerrard are not be starting tonight. And if you were to ask me, i will say that is very good news. This is because Torres and Gerrard havent been performing well this season. The reason why Liverpool's stuck at the bottom half of the league is Roy Hodgson's obsession with Torres, and i really think he should use Ngog. Ngog isnt too bad himself and he will probably put 1 in the back of Steaua's net tonight. With Jole Cole back in the hole tonight, i wont be surprised to see Liverpool making those delicate through passes to Ngog. One of the basic requirements i think a team needs if they were to clear the asian handicap is the number of clean sheets. I have watched many many matches and i find that teams that concede a goal to the opposition rarely manage to beat their opponent by more than a goal.Liverpool has been keeping a decent cleansheet for the past 4 games. They have only conceded 1 goal. Steaua on the other hand, i think will have trouble handling Liverpool. I dont like to compare Steaua with West Brom because both of them have different styles of play. But i will actually think that West Brom is stronger than Steaua beacuse they have more pace in their counter attacks. We will see if Liverpool can finally break the duck tonight. It has been a long time since we have watched a game at anfield with the reds dominating possession. Will it happen tonight? I very much believe so.

LIVERPOOL -1.50 @ 2.16 188BET

Agree with this, Porto look very good spent a fair bit of money in the summer but it looks to be paying off, watched the game against Gent (or Genk? Cant remember!) and it was a crazy match, goals flew in everywhere but as you state this is certainly an important game for Porto with the next two games away, games I would imagine they are more likely to rotate players I might be wrong but I think they will be very strong in this game.. The odds on a straight home win are lousy but I think the handicap is probable in this one and paddy power have restricted me a little bit but I still got to put on a fair chunk at 1.9 which is a little bit out of line considering their straight price is 1.3 most places I was expecting 1.8 at best.. The goals market is the main one I'm attacking having watched both sides in action a little bit I feel there are unlikely to be clean sheets at either end, Porto's home games reguarly go over 2.5 and Wein are no slouches in front of goal either I think both teams will score but I also thought that last night with Braga and look what happened there! I am covering the chance of Porto winning 3-0 4-0 or something by going on the overs/unders market..overs is better than I thought at 1.76 I was expecting 1.6ish and the over 3.5 is not a bet I would normally place but the 2.87 on offer is too good to turn down. A 3-1 or 4-2 win is not unlikely in my eyes, I dont think Wien will defend for 90mins they do not seem to approach games that way..I can just see Porto having too much power and too many options for them. Porto -1EH 1.9 Paddypower Over 2.5 1.76 ladbrokes Over 3.5 2.87 Coral
FC Porto: Agree with everything that has been said above and with the earlier post. Wish I had taken the overs market instead, as that would have been a much better choice, however the odds have fallen and hence my decision to back the handicaps instead. I am nevertheless happy to back a commanding Porto side to rout a Rapid Vienna side that has been performing poorly in the league. Liverpool: In regards to Liverpool, seeing how the "big" derby is this weekend, like Ferguson, we can expect to see a Liverpool side with many changes in it. Liverpool should win this, but it won't be by a large margin. It all depends on who is playing or rather if Gerrald and Torres are playing and for how long. Villarreal: Villarreal have gone over 2.5 goals in 4 out of 5 of their last 5 games this season, and more notably won 4-0 this weekend. Yes they played at home, but their other results away from home also have goals in them when they won. Seeing how Villarreal are favorites to win the game today, and the fact that they have no problem scoring in front of goal, I think this game will be Over 2.5 Goals. Furthermore, the team they are facing, Dinamo Zagreb have been doing well in their league, and have been putting together a solid string of wins at home. They have been scoring 2 goals in each of their wins at home, and that also adds to the factor that they will have no problem to score today. The FC Porto's match is where I will be focusing most of my bets on for today. Hoping it doesn't backfire on me :hope FC Porto -1.5 AH @ 1.95 bet365 4pts (took it earlier in the day) FC Porto -1.5 AH @ 1.75 bet365 6pts (took it just now) FC Porto -2.5 AH @ 2.85 bet365 2pts FC Porto to win by exactly 3 goals @ 5.00 bet365 1pt FC Porto to win by exactly 2 goals @ 4.00 bet365 1pt Liverpool to win by exactly 1 goal @ 3.75 bet365 1pt Liverpool to win by exactly 2 goals @ 4.00 bet365 1pt Over 2.5 Goals in Villarreal's game @ 2.07 bet365 3pts GL all :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Dynamo Kiev v BATE both teams to score @1.9 >Bet365 Dynamo injured players: Sheva,Bertolio,Zozulya,Popov,usuf,Danylo Silva,Shovkovsky,Bogush. Suspended: Vukoevich BATE are unbeaten in last 6 games 6-0-0.they become a estern europian force in last few years.they played in CL group stage,UEFA.they know how to defend and know how to attack and they can cause Dynamo some problems tonight.Milevsky is in a poor form lately and Dynamo defence leaking too.Won't risk with 1x2 market but both teams to score looks like a good bet.

Obviously not 100% confirmed, but this is the expected Liverpool like up for tonights game. Reina; Kelly, Kygriakos, Agger, Konchesky; Maxi, Spearing, Meireles, Babel, Cole; Ngog Unders could be a good bet based on this side
I disagree. I think this is a fairly attacking side (for Liverpool). Ngog, Babel and Cole are dangerous around the box, and from what i've seen of Meireles he is too. I like Liverpool to win this to nil and Liverpool -1.5.

I disagree. I think this is a fairly attacking side (for Liverpool). Ngog' date=' Babel and Cole are dangerous around the box, and from what i've seen of Meireles he is too. I like Liverpool to win this to nil and Liverpool -1.5.[/quote'] Thank You :notworthy:notworthy If Jovanvic, Torres an Gerrard play then we could have unders. Babel an Cole are very attack minded now i have faith in us. Not the slow ass players that normally play

I disagree. I think this is a fairly attacking side (for Liverpool). Ngog' date=' Babel and Cole are dangerous around the box, and from what i've seen of Meireles he is too. I like Liverpool to win this to nil and Liverpool -1.5.[/quote'] I think Liverpool will win to nil, but liverpools weakness is beating teams who park the bus & as good as those players you mentioned are, they've hardly played much football lately. Jamie carraghers testimonial aside cole hasn't played since the last Europa league game, babels had the odd sub cameo while N'gog is just back from an injury... Meireles has played with this team for all of 10 minutes. I'm probably wrong, but I think you'd need steaua to score to make the overs.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Anderlecht v Zenit St Petersburg I agree with you nicko in that there could be some value in Zenit. They haven't lost a game in the league so far with 18 games played W14 D4 L0 and a goals ratio of 31 to 7. Regardless of the fact that the Russian Premier League isn't classed as one of the top leagues, winning games and not getting beaten very often is a good habit. Anderlecht on the other hand are no where near as far into the season as Zenit so fitness and conditioning can sometimes be an influence. Although they've started well W4 D2 L0 they've played only one team that currently stands in the top 8 of 16 teams and the Belgium League wouldn't be considered any stronger than the Russian League. Any connoisseurs of European football feel free to correct me if you feel that assumption is incorrect. Spartak have already successfully flown the flag of the Russian Premier League by winning away at Marseille at generous odds in the Champions League on Tuesday and Spartak have stats of W8 D5 L6 in the league. Those stats don't come anywhere close to Zenit's. I certainly think there could be some value in opposing Anderlecht. I'm not going to pussyfoot around on this one because these early rounds can often prove very unpredictable. With that in mind I'll plump for for an adventurous Zenit -1 at 11/2 Hills. If I'm to lose on it I'll go down with all guns blazing ;)

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September I'm happy to take advantage from bookies confusion on how strong Polish teams are and play Juventus -2 vs Lech @ 2,675 Bet365. I can't even think of a propper justification for it apart from saying that Lech's only chance fof not being trashed is Juve's conplacement after they score 2 goals :tongue2 I'll also go for Sevilla -1 vs PSG @ 1,85 and Porto -1,75 vs Rapid @ 2,00. Both PSG and Rapid are playing much under expectations so far and the hosts should be just too strong at their own pitch. A pretty obvious bet should be Bayer vs Rosenborg over 3 @ 1,975. Bayer have an unbelieveable total of 15 goals from 3 BL games so Rosenborg should be able to score once at least.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September There seem to be quite a few conflicting views on this site re Pool and Bucharest. I was going to bet on Bucharest AH +1.5 but I don't feel confident enough. A Liverpool clean sheet is usually the case, especially in early Europa rounds and the 1.79 Betfair offers is good enough for me, despite changing most of their team. Over 2.5 in At Madrid Aris looks nice also, at 2.22. Madrid are top of La Liga having scored 6 in 2 games. Aris though are managed by Hector Cuper, a somewhat journeyman of coaching Spanish clubs, who knows Spanish football extremely well. So I am weary about taking Madrid outright, especially as they have Barcelona at the weekend so they might not be fully focussed. No Aguero either, but I think they have potency up front to help seal the overs. GL all :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Taken Liverpool 2-0 (6) and 3-0 (10) at betchronicle, think all the required thoughts on this game are above, Hodgson has made them pretty tight at the back so far and while the 'big guns' (if you can still call Torres that!) are not playing they should have enough to beat what is by all accounts a poor side..only small stakes though, all my money is tied up in Porto :\

I think Liverpool will win to nil, but liverpools weakness is beating teams who park the bus & as good as those players you mentioned are, they've hardly played much football lately. Jamie carraghers testimonial aside cole hasn't played since the last Europa league game, babels had the odd sub cameo while N'gog is just back from an injury... Meireles has played with this team for all of 10 minutes. I'm probably wrong, but I think you'd need steaua to score to make the overs.
I see where your coming from, Liverpool do often have problems against teams that park the bus. I think this is because in the past we've often played two defensive midfielders and Torres up on his own. Torres is usually ineffective against inferior sides with defensive set up's imo, as they often apply physical pressure and he is unable to use his pace. You need clever, tricky, one touch players against these sorts of sides. Maybe i'm being optimistic but I think Maxi, Cole and Meireles are those type of players. Let's hope so.