Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September

:welcome to PL. Can we have some reasoning with your selection.
Fair point. Bit of a knee jerk reaction and I should only post if I can offer a solid contribution. For what it's worth, Portugal have been average away and Norway have been fairly solid at home. The quality of players in the Portugese team is undeniably stronger than Norway and I would have initially expected odds in favour of Portugal whereas here, they're pretty even. Norway beat France (turmoil etc... see previous posts) at home on Friday... But lost to Ukraine before that... Ukraine are fairly tough though. Portugal's last away qualifiers were Hungary and Herzegovina both of which were 1-0's... ******' hard to call so maybe the odds aren't as surprising as I first thought. I'll stop making useless posts now and try harder!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point. Bit of a knee jerk reaction and I should only post if I can offer a solid contribution. For what it's worth, Portugal have been average away and Norway have been fairly solid at home. The quality of players in the Portugese team is undeniably stronger than Norway and I would have initially expected odds in favour of Portugal whereas here, they're pretty even. Norway beat France (turmoil etc... see previous posts) at home on Friday... But lost to Ukraine before that... Ukraine are fairly tough though. Portugal's last away qualifiers were Hungary and Herzegovina both of which were 1-0's... ******' hard to call so maybe the odds aren't as surprising as I first thought. I'll stop making useless posts now and try harder!
I think you are confusing something here. Norway beat Iceland away not France, and to be honest Portugal is without C.Ronaldo and they did concede 4 goals against Cyprus at home. I personally can't see them winning this one, because Norway as all Scandinavian teams plays good at home.

I think you are confusing something here. Norway beat Iceland away not France' date=' and to be honest Portugal is without C.Ronaldo and they did concede 4 goals against Cyprus at home. I personally can't see them winning this one, because Norway as all Scandinavian teams plays good at home.[/quote'] and besides that, Carlos Queiroz is suspended, I won't bet in this match but if I wanted to, I would choose Norway DNB

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Netherlands - Finland
Selection Netherlands (-2) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.80
Reasoning European Championship Qualification 2012 Group E - Netherlands are one of the favourites to win the whole tournament in 2012, and they should qualify from their group with relative ease. They face a Finland side who were brought back down to earth with a defeat at Moldova, and with experienced center back Sami Hyypia suspended after a straight red card, they will struggle to keep the score down against a Dutch side that don't struggle to find the net. I hope that Netherlands win by more than 2. Good luck!

I think you are confusing something here. Norway beat Iceland away not France' date=' and to be honest Portugal is without C.Ronaldo and [b']they did concede 4 goals against Cyprus at home.
To be fair, Portugal are normally very good defensively and rarely concede. I think Friday was a once-off, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Bosnie - France News form France. Yes, we have a great new manager but Domenech has destroyed so much for years so work for Laurent Blanc is enormous. A new defense to build, we lot against Belarus in last minute after a stupid deconcentration. A leader to find, after Zidane's retirement, this is THE great problem for french team : we are not able to play without a good number 10 like Platini and Zidane after. Ribery don't find the way yet due to Domenech and his curious strategy. Gourcuf is out of form. In forward, difficult to find the way of goal with all these problems of confidence. World Cup is not finished for us. Players have been baned after the ridiculous strike. Domenech lost his place finally. Today, he was fired from FFF for heavy fault. Not finished yet all this. French like tragedy... Match against Belarus was sad and fnally a defeat, not a logical one, draw would be honest for both team. I can't bet against my team, I just add some news to help forum. Good Luck

Sweden vs. San Marino. Sweden vs. San Marino. Sweden to keep a clean sheet @1.44. (William Hill) The odds of 1.44 aren't great, but I feel they are too generous in this case. San Marino, the whipping boys of Europe, travel to Stockholm to take on Sweden in a Euro 2012 Qualifier. Sweden are developing into a good team under Erik Hamren and have won their last five matches, scoring eleven goals and conceding just two. Meanwhile, San Marino have conceded twenty-seven goals in their last five games while scoring none. San Marino have failed to score in their last seventeen away competitive matches, and I don't see that changing today. Andreas Isaksson, Sweden's first-choice goalkeeper will not play on Tuesday, but Johan Wiland shouldn't have too many problems should he get the nod ahead of Daniel Orlund. With the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Johan Elmander, and Marcus Berg in attack, Sweden should run out comfortable winners in this game. 1 Point - Sweden to keep a clean sheet @1.44. (William Hill)

Re: Sweden vs. San Marino.

Sweden vs. San Marino. Sweden to keep a clean sheet @1.44. (William Hill) The odds of 1.44 aren't great, but I feel they are too generous in this case. San Marino, the whipping boys of Europe, travel to Stockholm to take on Sweden in a Euro 2012 Qualifier. Sweden are developing into a good team under Erik Hamren and have won their last five matches, scoring eleven goals and conceding just two. Meanwhile, San Marino have conceded twenty-seven goals in their last five games while scoring none. San Marino have failed to score in their last seventeen away competitive matches, and I don't see that changing today. Andreas Isaksson, Sweden's first-choice goalkeeper will not play on Tuesday, but Johan Wiland shouldn't have too many problems should he get the nod ahead of Daniel Orlund. With the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Johan Elmander, and Marcus Berg in attack, Sweden should run out comfortable winners in this game. 1 Point - Sweden to keep a clean sheet @1.44. (William Hill)
The odds of 1.44 are unbelievable as pointed out earlier in the thread, they were a mistake by the bookies almost certainly and by this morning the odds for a Sweden clean sheet was 1.01 (from 1.44 12 hours earlier) and Sweden 'to win to nil' was 1.04 (also previously 1.44) I trust you placed this bet yesterday as these odds went some time ago! It is certainly the best bet of tomorrow if you were one of the lucky ones to get on at such a crazy price, I have a lot of money on it. My only fear is Hills settling at a reduced price and saying it was a mistake on their part, which they can do and something a few of us had with bet365 at the weekend.

Re: Sweden vs. San Marino.

The odds of 1.44 are unbelievable as pointed out earlier in the thread' date=' they were a mistake by the bookies almost certainly and by this morning the odds for a Sweden clean sheet was 1.01 (from 1.44 12 hours earlier) and Sweden 'to win to nil' was 1.04 (also previously 1.44) I trust you placed this bet yesterday as these odds went some time ago! It is certainly the best bet of tomorrow if you were one of the lucky ones to get on at such a crazy price, I have a lot of money on it. My only fear is Hills settling at a reduced price and saying it was a mistake on their part, which they can do and something a few of us had with bet365 at the weekend.[/quote'] Yeah, thankfully, I managed to place the bet yesterday @1.44. I originally posted that yesterday in my log, but I thought I would put it here too. I agree though, the odds are amazing. Let's hope they pay out on them. :hope

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Hi All Internationals - not the greatest of fixtures and a potential graveyard for those looking to make a quick pound. Nevertheless for those that wish to get involved heres my predictions. ireland to win - 3-0 , 4-0 . Andorra are poor and although i hate the cliche of a must win game, Ireland will be looking at this fixture as one which they can win with goals to spare. No major injury concerns points to an irish victory , i dont think it will be a big rout as Ireland traditionally dont score alot of goals and Andorra have shown in their last game that they can keep good teams down. Andorra haven't scored since they lost 3-1 to Kazakhstan last September and it would be a huge shock if they find the net against the Republic. Home advantage should see Ireland with this scoreline. Both 3-0 and 4-0 correct scores are around 11/2. Scotland to win - 1-0 , 2-0 - The scots would be happy to win this by any scoreline. Spain on friday beat these guys 4-0, but lets face it they are the world champions. I expect Scotland to be a little more laboured, they dominated in their game on friday but just couldnt find the net, i think they will win here but i dont think it will be a rout and 8-1 with ladbrokes for 1-0 is a great price for a team who dont score alot. 2-0 is priced up at 11-2. i like the holland - 2 , 11-10 ,they play a Finland side who undoubtly will park the bus , but with sneijder, Huntelaar and Elia coming through i cant see them holding out. I would expect the dutch to win this with relative ease. latest reports are that Kurt will not be playing but i dont expect this to change the result. I like the look of Austria, Albania and Denmark but not enough info to place any money, so if anyone feels there should be reason to back any of these without the obvious please feel free to input your thoughts. I would like to reiterate, that punting on Internationals will not make you rich but they will often empty the bank, so best of luck.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Last week, I had a 5-fold in... This week, I don't like the fixtures and have decided to go for a gamble 4-fold just for fun... Here goes... Hungary vs. MOLDOVA: I hate Hungary. I just do, always have, always will. Very overrated, have nothing much going for them except for Zoltan Gera, who can be easily marked. Moldova won 2-0 against 10-man Finland last week, and if it was Hungary vs. Finland, I'd be keen on Finland, who I also think are overrated. NORWAY vs. Portugal: Portugal drew 4-4 with Cyprus at home, and now have to travel to a solid Norway side who are good at home without Cristiano Ronaldo and coach Carlos Quieroz. BELARUS vs. Romania: Romania are in disarray after conceding late against Albania to draw 1-1. According to rumours their coach is on the brink of being sacked. Belarus won 1-0 against France, and are in the middle of their league campaign so are match fit. BOSNIA vs. France: It's France. 'Nuff said. 140/1 @ Bet365...

Last week, I had a 5-fold in... This week, I don't like the fixtures and have decided to go for a gamble 4-fold just for fun... Here goes... Hungary vs. MOLDOVA: I hate Hungary. I just do, always have, always will. Very overrated, have nothing much going for them except for Zoltan Gera, who can be easily marked. Moldova won 2-0 against 10-man Finland last week, and if it was Hungary vs. Finland, I'd be keen on Finland, who I also think are overrated. NORWAY vs. Portugal: Portugal drew 4-4 with Cyprus at home, and now have to travel to a solid Norway side who are good at home without Cristiano Ronaldo and coach Carlos Quieroz. BELARUS vs. Romania: Romania are in disarray after conceding late against Albania to draw 1-1. According to rumours their coach is on the brink of being sacked. Belarus won 1-0 against France, and are in the middle of their league campaign so are match fit. BOSNIA vs. France: It's France. 'Nuff said. 140/1 @ Bet365...
just put a bit of money on this aswell..150/1 is a lot of value for these 4 teams me thinks

just put a bit of money on this aswell..150/1 is a lot of value for these 4 teams me thinks
You can thank me when it comes in :lol I've been very impressed with how the bookmakers have priced these sets of internationals, there's actually not one game that stands out as a value confident bet... Netherlands (-2) seems a bit high @ 1.70 Bet365 (@1.80 in places), I was going to add that to make it a 5-fold, but that's just greed taking over... But 140/1 for those four teams are a bit high IMO too... :hope:hope:hope

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Norway vs Portugal Pick : Home win Odds : 3.35 @Pinnacle Second game for both teams in group H, a group that includes Denmark, Iceland and Cyprus. Norway with a better start won in Iceland last friday while super favourites Portugal conceeded a 4-4 home draw against a surprising Cyprus. I didn't saw the game of Norway but i know they suffered the first goal and then turned things on the second half. Norway proved to be stronger and seems a well organized team with a strong leadership. They have some experienced well known players like John Carew and Riise, whom i just realized won't play tomorrow, and several players that play on english and german main leagues so i guess they are a difficult competitive team, and not a naíve bunch of players. Discipline and organization is precisely what seems to be missing in my beloved country, particularly in terms of football. Since the end of World Cup a sucession of "tragic episodes" have been entertaining the people and making the papers front pages daily : first a process against coach Queiroz, still punished, allegedly for interrupting the anti-doping control, even before the departure to South Africa. The situation was solved with a suspension but then things got a little more complicated and even the secretary of sports is now involved and this doesn't seem to have an end soon. The general idea we all have is that someone wants to frame Queiroz (and not pay him) so the situation is pretty critical. In terms of football, the disorganization, particularly in defense, on the game was evident. We lack a voice of command on the pitch and, at this point, even on the bench. Players seem to be playing for themselves and this is no good. In this scenario, Norway may take advantage of this disorientation on the portuguese side and even win this match. It wouldn't come as a suprise if we know the lack of leadership that we feel on our national team.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Have to agree , good post. Yes Portugal seem to be there for the taking. There is no doubt a disrupted camp has a big bearing on results, just look at France. Definetely wouldnt put anyone one off backing Norway as they are a disciplined outfit with a decent home record. They have only lost 1 of their last 6 games and these scalps included Switzerland, Slovakia, Montenegro, Iceland and you guessed it FRANCE. For those less adventerous 6/5 is widely available with the DNB. good luck.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Republic of Ireland vs Andorra Asian Total Cards- over 3 @ 1.875 with Bet365 Although Andorra are an improving side, it is fair to say that the difference in talent between these two sides are vast. Whenever I have watched Andorra, they have seemed quite a dirty team, using bad tackles and sometimes deliberate fouls to break up play and unsettle their opponents, in an understandable attempt to deal with the habitual difference in quality. This, naturally, leads to a lot of cards in the game, either from the Andorrans themselves or opponents who they have succeeded in winding up. If we look at the statistics, every single one of Andorra's games in World Cup qualifying had at least three cards; 4 games had three cards and 6 had over three cards. There is no reason why tonight's game against Ireland should be any difference. Therefore this is, in my opinion, a great value bet, since if there are only three cards our stake is returned.

Hungary vs. MOLDOVA: I hate Hungary. I just do' date= always have, always will. Very overrated, have nothing much going for them except for Zoltan Gera, who can be easily marked. Moldova won 2-0 against 10-man Finland last week, and if it was Hungary vs. Finland, I'd be keen on Finland, who I also think are overrated.
I do not think Moldova is a team that can do wel away. These small teams produce sensational results once in a while and expecting them to get even a point against Hungary is a big gamble in my opinion. I remember once when Liechtenstein dre 2-2 against Portugal or Azerbaijan beating Switzerland 1-0 and Slovakia 2-0. Most of the time there is only one good game that these teams play during the qualifiers. But good luck with your selections :hope

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September International Soccer 2010 Overall 29-16-10 +12.73 units (64.44%) France pick -102 to win 1 unit I'm gonna kill myself for it but I think this bet presents good value. They shouldn't actually lose this, and hopefully they will finally get it turned around and win a game. Worst case I see a push in this to be honest, but I think France will win, Bosnia is a pretty bad team all around.

International Soccer 2010 Overall 29-16-10 +12.73 units (64.44%) France pick -102 to win 1 unit I'm gonna kill myself for it but I think this bet presents good value. They shouldn't actually lose this, and hopefully they will finally get it turned around and win a game. Worst case I see a push in this to be honest, but I think France will win, Bosnia is a pretty bad team all around.
You can't be serious. Bosnia is a very organised team and the only reason they did not play at this World Cup is because idiots at FIFA Changed the rules after France finished second in their group.

You can't be serious. Bosnia is a very organised team and the only reason they did not play at this World Cup is because idiots at FIFA Changed the rules after France finished second in their group.
Maybe an overreaction on my part about them being a terrible team but I wouldn't consider them a good team. Luxembourg Ghana Estonia Armenia Oman Liechtenstein The teams they've beaten since June last year. Other then Ghana, far from impressive. Losses to Spain and Portugal are expected, but a loss to Iran, and draws to Uzbekistan and Qatar are also far from impressive. I'd be shocked if France doesn't draw this team worse case scenario like I said

Maybe an overreaction on my part about them being a terrible team but I wouldn't consider them a good team. Luxembourg Ghana Estonia Armenia Oman Liechtenstein The teams they've beaten since June last year. Other then Ghana, far from impressive. Losses to Spain and Portugal are expected, but a loss to Iran, and draws to Uzbekistan and Qatar are also far from impressive. I'd be shocked if France doesn't draw this team worse case scenario like I said
I don't want to sound rude or anything, jsut giving my opinion. Would like to say that friendlies do not really show the real quality of any given team. Azerbaijan defeated Czech Republic in a friendly this year and I did not jump to any conlcusions because in friendly games coaches try new formations and new players, some times they even use 11 substitutes in a geme.

I don't want to sound rude or anything' date=' jsut giving my opinion. Would like to say that friendlies do not really show the real quality of any given team. Azerbaijan defeated Czech Republic in a friendly this year and I did not jump to any conlcusions because in friendly games coaches try new formations and new players, some times they even use 11 substitutes in a geme.[/quote'] true friendlies don't really show quality but I think they show something. Anyway like I said in my very initial post that I think France presents value that you wouldn't usually get at that number. This is pretty much a must win situation for France. Like I said, I overreacted with the Bosnia being terrible post

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Anyone offer any info on Albania v Luxembourg ? Ive been stung a couple of times now betting against Albania at home, against decent opposition I must add. They are a tough nut at home and against Luxembourg should really run up a score. Decent result at the weekend should see them take the handicap to the cleaners. 2/7 hills for the straight win is a shoe-in for me, but liking the -1 at 4/5 bwin. Again, any input would be appreciated.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Croatia - Greece
Selection Under 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.70
Reasoning Croatia opened this qualifying campaign with 3-0 win in Riga at Latvia. It was a solid performance, let's say routine win by the Croats. Modrić was injured in that match, but he's recovered now and will play today. Eduardo will be benched. Greece played only 1-1 against Georgia at home but it shouldn't surprise you. Georgia took the early lead and made Greece very nervous. Beside that, Greece usually have problems being favourites. Today they'll play different role. Usually i rarely bet on unders but this one i can't miss. Greece will set their defensive tactics and try not to concede, with very little risk in offense. Croatia won't rush neither, so this should be a very tough match for both sides. GL.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Russia - Slovakia Slovakia (+0.75) @ 2.11 188bet I don't expect Slovakia to lose this match. We could see them on WC, i even watched them against Croatia and they are a good, solid team which doesn't deserve to be such underdog against Russia. Their late goal brought them three points against Macedonia 4 days ago but they don't like to be favourites so i expect much better performance from them today. Odds should be at least evens here, and i wouldn't take Russia for less than 2.00. Georgia - Israel Draw @ 3.30 Ladbrokes This should be a very close match. Ketsbaia made a good team out of Georgia which is a bit underrated atm. Sure, Israel is quality wise a better team but in Tbilisi, in front of full stadium things will be a lot more harder for them. Very close game, possible under and a draw. GL. Belarus - Romania Belarus @ 2.61 5dimes Hosts should be slight favourites in this one. Romania started well against Albania but in general they again dissapointed and they obviously lack team spirit and-quality. Belarus surprised everyone by winning France away and their confidence now is sky high. They can beat Romania. Bulgaria - Montenegro Both to score @ 2.00 WillHill Great odds, i expected less. They played twice so far, it was 4-1 and 2-2 and although they haven't score much lately i believe both teams will find opponents net at least once. MNE has a weak defense but they have great attacking options up front, Vučinić is recovered... All in all i can't see this as a boring match. My call is 2-2 again, good luck. Bosnia - France France DNB @ 2.01 Pinnacle Ok, this is really too much. I agree that Bosnia has needed quality to beat France on their ground but i cant see this as 50-50 match. France lost their home game against Belarus and Blanc will have to find the formula t least not to lose in Bosnia. No doubt over general quality, France is better and sometimes it's enough for a good result, despite some things are not on their side. Losing this one would put them in very tough position and i just cant see that happening. GL. Switzerland - England Switzerland (+0.5) @ 1.98 Ladbrokes I like the odds here. England should be rated as 2.3-2.40 favourite, at least. Switzerland is making progress every year and they look like a decent team now. Despite they got eliminated in group stage of WC they still left a good impression on me and i think they can get at least one point in this match. Just can't thrust England anymore and i doubt they will win this game. GL. Macedonia - Armenia Macedonia (-1) @ 1.96 188bet I expected Macedonia as 1.30 favourite so this looks ok. Armenia lacks quality although they can surprise in Yerevan. Still, in Skopje they have no chance for positive result as Macedonia is much better team and plays well. They were holding 0-0 at Slovakia untill injury time what proves that they are a tough team to beat. It looks like 3-0 win. GL. Turkey - Belgium Belgium (+1) @ 1.83 Stan James Young Belgium team can get away with something from Istanbul. Their team is much better IMO than in last few years while Hiddink has lots of players who aren't regular in their clubs and are out of form. Their 3-0 win at Kazakhstan doesn't mean much really and they will struggle to beat Belgium tonight.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Russia -1 (AH) @ 2.14 pinnacle Russia cruised to a 2-0 win away to Andorra and believe they did not play to their full potential given that they know that this second game would be a much stiffer test for them. They are a team that is tough to play against at home as they will have conditions that suit. Slovakia grinded away in the World Cup to get the results and used the same game plan in the win over FYR of Macedonia on the weekend, where they scored a last minute winner as they struggled to break them down. Their key player is Hamsik but he has played within himself and doubt the Russians will give him space to exert any influence on the game Can see a similar situation here as their coach has said that he will be going to Russia to get a point so they will sit back and defend. Expect the Russians to do most of the attacking and as such they have a strong forward line with the likes of Arshavin, Pavlyuchenko and Pogrebnyak who scored twice on the weekend, like them to score here, as Skrtel is their best defender and can be clumsy at times, let alone the rest of the defence. Once the Russians get the first goal then holes are likely to further open up in the Slovak defence and a second goal is possible Serbia -1 (AH) @ 2.08 pinnacle Serbia strolled through their first game with an easy 3-0 away win over the Faroe Islands. Much was expected of them in the recent World Cup and they did not perform, so they will be looking to make amends with a better display of form in this campaign. They face their neighbours Slovenia who also went to the World Cup and showed that for a small country they do have some ability and should not be underestimated. However, they are not a team that is capable of breaking down sides to get results and like to grind away. Slovenia will find it difficult if they sit back as their will be relentless pressure on the home side to score. The fickle home crowd will be unrelenting until they do, and with players of the like of Stankovic, Jovanovic, Zigic and Krasic, these attacking players are capable of creating and scoring goals, and will take advantage of Slovenia if they play the same mistake laden game as they did in the loss to Northern Ireland on the weekend Croatia -1 (AH) @ 2.08 pinnacle Croatia did it quite easily in their 3-0 win over Latvia as they look to ease the disappointment of not playing in the recent World Cup. While Greece did play in South Africa, they were poor and were not much better in their 1-1 home draw with Georgia on the weekend. They do not look like a team that is going to change their poor form soon and will take time for their coach to make the adjustments. With Modric likely to be fit for this game, like the Croats to win this one well as they have one of the best home records in the qualifers and they have a very passionate home support that will urge them on. England @ 1.96 pinnacle England played much better in their 4-0 win over Bulgaria then they did in the World Cup and will be looking to maintain that form here. Their midfield looks very good when going forward and expect them to create chances once again, while Rooney, Defoe or Crouch are able to get on the end of them. The only concern is that their defence is a bit more suspect as with Terry and Ferdinand out, they have also lost Dawson. One bright spot though is the form of Hart in goals and it will be very hard for the Swiss to score against him. Watching their recent draw with Australia on the weekend, thought the Swiss were ordinary and Australia had several very good chances in the first half to take the lead. Doubt that Rooney and co will allow those chances go begging and with Senderos and Eggimann out, Barnetta has a fever and goalkeeper Benaglio also likely to be missing because his wife is expecting their first child, then their squad looks much more bare. While Hitzfeld will call on the rested von Bergen, Ziegler, Shaqiri and Schwegler for for this game, believe that the English will look to take the game to them and dominate them. Like them to win this one