AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season

Tuesday 8 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif North Queensland Fury v Brisbane Roar (09:00 GMT) 10 5.2 1.36 102.56 %
Wednesday 9 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sydney FC v Wellington Phoenix (08:00 GMT) 2.05 3.55 4.1 101.34 %
maximize.gif Gold Coast United v Central Coast Mariners (09:00 GMT) 2.48 3.3 3.1 102.88 %
Thursday 10 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United Jets v Perth Glory (08:30 GMT) 1.67 3.4 5.25 108.34 %

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season North Queensland - Brisbane under 2.5 @ 2.40 pinnacle Brisbane have just been crowned the minor premiers as they will finish first with a few rounds to go. Having achieved this, they may decide to rest some players to freshen them up for the semi final series. This game is being played at the Gold Coast's home ground, whose surface is quite poor, so Brisbane, though they are a much better side than North Queensland, may find it more difficult to break down this side, who are sure to be playing with more purpose given what has happened with the recent cyclone. Though North Queensland have been beaten quite easily, but by sides with much more to play for than Brisbane has in this game, they have always played Brisbane close, with three 1-1 draws and two 2-0 losses - all these games going under. Liking this to be another low scoring game

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Microstakes bets before kickoff. Brisbane will miss Solorzano and the dodgy pitch will play some factor however International Matt Mckay is back and Ange Postecoglou will be showing no signs of letting up as he wants to keep the streak up heading into the finals. North Queensland hopefully will be dejected as this will be the club's last "home" game before they most likely fold and they haven't even been able to train this week due to the cyclone. GL. Brisbane 6-0 $71 @ Sportsbet Brisbane 7-0 $176 @ Sportsbet Brisbane 8-0 $501 @ Sportsbet

North Queensland - Brisbane under 2.5 @ 2.40 :@ Brisbane win 2-1 with NQ getting a goal to send it over from a lucky deflection off a cross. Not much luck here
Dude, do you aim to make money or just look for value bets?

;1869573']Dude' date=' do you aim to make money or just look for value bets?[/quote'] he is doing the both, making money and searching the value bet(s), see his past bet(s), what is the problem mate?

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Sydney Vs. Wellington Phoenix - Home Win: 1.90 (Bet365) I like the odds on this pick. Phoenix are by no means a bad side but I have to side with Sydney to get the three points here. Sydney have held their own recently against teams in and around them and are unbeaten in 2011. Phoenix need just one point for the playoffs and have injuries and suspensions to contend with. The crunch match for them is at the weekend against Fury, a game they're sure to be more confident of. It hasn't been the best season for Sydney, defending champions, but they've picked up in recent weeks picking up twelve points from eighteen, same points total as Phoenix, although Phoenix's away form is poor, winning just twice. It's by no means a certainty but with a combination of home advantage, poor away records, Sydney's recent form and the match against North Queensland in the back of Phoenix's minds, 1.90 is a good enough price for me to take for tonight's (tomorrow morning's here in UK ;)) match. Good luck all! :ok

;1869573']Dude' date=' do you aim to make money or just look for value bets?[/quote'] As bagzi said, both. Did you watch the game by any chance? The reasoning and the way the game played out, then the under was the right side to be on - the third goal was luck, which went against me. :eyes

As bagzi said, both. Did you watch the game by any chance? The reasoning and the way the game played out, then the under was the right side to be on - the third goal was luck, which went against me. :eyes
I watched some of the match. I just don't understand why you would back the under knowing Brisbane play fast attacking football and can score against anyone and better yet. The Fury are the worst team in the league and have been leaking goals the past few matches. The under was not a good call in this situation. The 3rd goal would have come weather the Fury scored a lucky goal or not. Dude, don't be afraid to take -140 odds on a bet.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Wellington +0.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle Wellington @ 4.42 pinnacle Sydney have showed some good form with 3 wins and 3 draws in their last 3 games, and though they have scored goals, they have just 2 clan sheets in these games. They are out of the running for the top 6 (well, they need a miracle where the teams above them lose while they need to win their games, and by quite a few goals, can get them in) so they are looking ahead and preparing for the Asian Champions League. They should have done better against Newcastle where they took the lead but could not hang on and allowed Newcastle to equalise, and their defence has been a problem for them all year where they cannot keep them ahead in the game. Wellington have won 4 of their last 6 games, including an important 1-0 away win in Adelaide which gave them hope they can still make the top 6. In these 4 wins, they have had 4 clean sheets, so if their defence holds, they can go on to win it. They will like their chances as Sydney have lost their best striker Brosque, and now have lost Petratos for this game, as he has scored a few goals of late. This leaves Cazarine as their only striker. Players like Brosque, Bridge, Aloisi, and Payne are no longer with the club and these are the players who have scored most of the goals in their last 5 wins over Wellington in Sydney (note - Wellington won the first 3 meetings in Sydney). With this being Wellington coach Herbert's 100th Hyundai A-League match as coach, and the need for a win, like Wellington to be good enough to get a point here, and maybe even a win, especially if they play as well as they did against Adelaide on the weekend

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season blackcrow, Thanks to you, I have got a money since a few month ago. Before watching your post, I never bet on A-league. But, after betting on A-league, it's really powerful league I think Thank you very much whether your pick is correct or incorret :D

blackcrow, Thanks to you, I have got a money since a few month ago. Before watching your post, I never bet on A-league. But, after betting on A-league, it's really powerful league I think Thank you very much whether your pick is correct or incorret :D
Well this powerful league may not be around for much longer with clubs feeling the pinch with lack of funds and support from fans. Brisbane Roar already had to be bailed out 3 million $.

Friday 11 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory (09:00 GMT) 2.3 3.6 3.3 101.56 %
Saturday 12 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Melbourne Heart v Sydney FC (08:00 GMT) 2.44 3.35 3.2 102.08 %
maximize.gif Brisbane Roar v Gold Coast United (10:15 GMT) 1.75 3.85 5.08 102.80 %
Sunday 13 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wellington Phoenix v North Queensland Fury (04:00 GMT) 1.36 5.6 10 101.39 %
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle United Jets (06:00 GMT) 1.66 4.06 6 101.30 %

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Adelaide Vs. Melbourne - Home Win @ 2.20 (Bet365) This could be viewed as a bit of a nothing game, final fixtures before the finals, but I expect Adelaide to end the season in style. Although both are secure for the finals, Adelaide could still slip into fourth if Gold Coast get a result, Melbourne can't move up or down and I see them reserving energy in this nothing game for them. No doubt Adelaide will be looking to impress their fans in this last regulation home fixture and while a repeat of their recent 4-1 demolition of Victory is unlikely, I like the odds on the home win. GL all! :ok

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Adelaide United-Melboune Victory Its the lsat game of the season for both teams, and when looking at the table, the homeside has the most to gain by getting a result in this one. If they get a win today, they will secure the 3rd spot in the league, and could finish a good season with style. Squad-wise there has been some questions regarding key striker Van Dij before the game, as he did not train yesterday. Now, it seems that he definitely will be included in the starters, which surely gives the team the offensive boost needed if they would want to get a good ending of the season. Sadly, their form has not been the best of late, as they have been winless the last three. Even so, they should without a doubt be motivated to get a win and celebrate the bronze medal in front of their own fans. They will miss key centre-back Cassio for this one, and their defense will be weakened indeed by it. The visitors is in superb form, and ironically, they have hit it after captain and key centre-back Kevin Muscat was suspended. He will not play this one either, but his replacements have been superb, and not letting behind a single goal in the last three matches. Offensively, things have worked out well too, as they have scored nine goals the last four matches. They will for this one, have the same players avaliable, and having even more options ready to help them out since prolific strikers Archie Thompson and Carlos Hernandez are both returning to the team recovering from injuries. That will surely give coach Merrick options up front, and when knowing that the ones that have been included (added the midfielders) have been extremely keen in going forward, they should definitely be an offensive force today. Adelaides motivation to secure the third spot, and show the fans that they would want to finish the best possible at home, and Melbournes attacking form, options and style should open up for an entertaining and goal-filled game. Still, the difference in the teams form should also be taken into consideration, as the visitors are really having their players shining these days. Taking two bets regarding the game. The overs speaks for itself based on my analysis, and I do also think that Melbourne could have a decent chance in getting the draw indeed, even if I know that Adelaide surely is a fierce side at home, and cannot be underestimated, even if form has not been good of late. The Victory is simply playing very good footy these days, and having Thompson and Hernandez ready they should find the net pretty well, added that key centre-back Cassio is missing in the homeside. Over 2.5, 1.90+ @sbo 6/10 Melbourne Victory, +0.25, 1.85+ 3/10 @sbo

Adelaide Vs. Melbourne - Home Win @ 2.20 (Bet365) This could be viewed as a bit of a nothing game, final fixtures before the finals, but I expect Adelaide to end the season in style. Although both are secure for the finals, Adelaide could still slip into fourth if Gold Coast get a result, Melbourne can't move up or down and I see them reserving energy in this nothing game for them. No doubt Adelaide will be looking to impress their fans in this last regulation home fixture and while a repeat of their recent 4-1 demolition of Victory is unlikely, I like the odds on the home win. GL all! :ok
Good result. :)

Agree' date=' at least with the overs!:okStill, the draw became very close when Hernandez hit the post with five minutes left... Still, congrats with win!:)[/quote'] Yeah that would have been a crazy goal! Well done on the overs. :clap

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Wellington +0.5 @ 2.04 :@ Wellington @ 4.42 :@ Poor display by Wellington against Sydney as with much on the line, would have expected them to put up a much better effort than what they did. Give them another chance here Wellington -1.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle Wellington just need a point to wrap up the 6th spot and should do so here as North Queensland just do not have much going for them. Wellington tend to be quite good at home and have won their last 5 games there. Like them to do enough to win this as they have some decent players while NQ do struggle to put a decent side together

Friday 18 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix (09:00 GMT) 1.56 3.78 5.79 107.83 %
Saturday 19 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Brisbane Roar (08:00 GMT) 2.62 3.28 2.42 109.98 %
Sunday 20 February 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Gold Coast United v Melbourne Victory (06:30 GMT) 2.28 3.14 2.93 109.84 %

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season The finals are underway! and a couple of great fixtures for this weekend. I think Adelaide United should get the home win but they look a bit too short for the outright win? I really like the look of Melbourne Victory though, so much finals experience and most of their key players are back and firing, it should be a tight encounter but I'll probably back Melbourne. Brisbane v Central Coast looks a little harder to pick... Anybody else have some early thoughts?

The finals are underway! and a couple of great fixtures for this weekend. I think Adelaide United should get the home win but they look a bit too short for the outright win? I really like the look of Melbourne Victory though, so much finals experience and most of their key players are back and firing, it should be a tight encounter but I'll probably back Melbourne. Brisbane v Central Coast looks a little harder to pick... Anybody else have some early thoughts?
Im on Melb Victory Playing away wont effect them, they will play without pressure Experience is on there side Culina is a big loss for GC I saw Leihja's interview he said we want to win for Muscat Im sure MV will be motivated gl

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix – Adelaide @ 1.57 I’ve been tossing and turning over this bet all week. I’m confident in the home win, but I’m not overly excited about the odds being offered. I was also having a look at unders in this fixture, as finals can be a very tight and cagey affair. But I’m hesitant to take the risk, I’ll have another look later today.* Anyway… my reasoning for jumping on the home side: Adelaide have been very strong at home this year, winning 7 of their past 10 home encounters. They have a couple of quality players who have been there and done it all before, especially Travis Dodd who will be looking to win that elusive trophy. They have the strike power in Van Dijk and Flores, who IMO have been 2 of the best players in the A-League this season. They also have a couple of excellent young guns in Ramsay and Leckie, who have more then proven their ability to perform at the top level. There is a small concern regarding Paul Reid, who walked out on the club yesterday and has refused to play in the finals. BUT they welcome back Cassio who can play in the midfield or defence, so they almost cancel each other out in a sense. I like Adelaide’s style of play and I think that will cause a few concerns for Wellington tonight. Especially late on in the game when Wellington are forced to push forward and go for the win… Adelaide will have too much pace down the wing and I fancy them to nail the Phoenix on the counter. I’m not a huge fan of Head to Head stats (Arsenal taught me a big lesson earlier this year in the EPL) but for those who are… this season the results have been: Adelaide 3 : 0 Wellington Wellington 2 : 1 Adelaide Adelaide 0 : 1 Wellington Good luck all :hope

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Gold Coast United v Melbourne Victory – Melbourne @ 2.70 I’m all over Melbourne Victory at odds of 2.70! Great price IMO and I certainly can’t pass it up. Melbourne Victory are always a serious contender when it comes to finals and I believe they’ll be challenging again this year. They’ve made the finals despite losing a host of important players throughout the season, and luckily all of those players have returned at the perfect time (with the exception of their captain Kevin Muscat). A really important factor for me is that for the first time this season, Ernie Merrick will be able to field his strongest line-up, including players like Allsopp, Kruse, Thompson and Hernandez. If that doesn’t create a cause for concern, then I don’t know what will! So much attacking potential and plenty of proven goalscorers. I also think its important to remember that Ernie Merrick hasn’t made any wholesale changes over the past few seasons, he has kept the bulk of the side together for quite a while now which means most of them have finals experience, and know how to handle the pressure. I’m not entirely convinced by Gold Coast this year. They have chalked up a couple of great wins this season, but they haven’t set the world on fire and they don’t have that vital finals experience. They obviously have their own attacking threats in Smeltz and Djite (with the latter out injured and potentially coming back with pain killing injections), but their midfield has a gaping hole with Cullina being absent. He is a massive loss for them and I cant stress that enough. Again, I’m not a huge fan of the H2H stats, but for those who are… here are this seasons results. Gold Coast 0:1 Melbourne Victory Melbourne 0:1 Gold Coast Melbourne 2:0 Gold Coast Good luck all :hope

Adelaide United v Wellington Phoenix – Adelaide @ 1.57 I’ve been tossing and turning over this bet all week. I’m confident in the home win, but I’m not overly excited about the odds being offered. I was also having a look at unders in this fixture, as finals can be a very tight and cagey affair. But I’m hesitant to take the risk, I’ll have another look later today.* Anyway… my reasoning for jumping on the home side: Adelaide have been very strong at home this year, winning 7 of their past 10 home encounters. They have a couple of quality players who have been there and done it all before, especially Travis Dodd who will be looking to win that elusive trophy. They have the strike power in Van Dijk and Flores, who IMO have been 2 of the best players in the A-League this season. They also have a couple of excellent young guns in Ramsay and Leckie, who have more then proven their ability to perform at the top level. There is a small concern regarding Paul Reid, who walked out on the club yesterday and has refused to play in the finals. BUT they welcome back Cassio who can play in the midfield or defence, so they almost cancel each other out in a sense. I like Adelaide’s style of play and I think that will cause a few concerns for Wellington tonight. Especially late on in the game when Wellington are forced to push forward and go for the win… Adelaide will have too much pace down the wing and I fancy them to nail the Phoenix on the counter. I’m not a huge fan of Head to Head stats (Arsenal taught me a big lesson earlier this year in the EPL) but for those who are… this season the results have been: Adelaide 3 : 0 Wellington Wellington 2 : 1 Adelaide Adelaide 0 : 1 Wellington Good luck all :hope
Adelaide's price is drifting a little, I'm holding off for a few hours to see if I can get a better price.