FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD!

I thought we could start a thread where we could discuss all the various fantasy football competitions and the players who you think could be a bargain buy for the upcoming season. There are of course various sites on the net that specialsise in this but it would be great if we could discuss the same here at Punters:ok

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD! Al-muhammedi at Stoke at 4.5 in defence, is probably going to play as a winger, looks like a great buy! O'Connor at Birmingham has netted 3 games in a row now, striker at 4.5... Still not sure if he's going to start though, but if he keeps this form up it looks like him and Zigic up top!

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD! Nothing much out of the ordinary to add about players yet. Bale if he is down as a defender as he is sometimes played in midfield and gets more assists. Bent purely down to his lack of injuries and of course his goals. Lampard is as usual the best performer if you can afford him. But you will always see one or two players in the first few weeks of the season that stand out - like Shawcross did last season. It's finding them before the off which is nigh on impossible as you can't read much from friendlies. On another note, Do people tend to use their allocated transfers weekly (if applicable to that game type) or do they keep their players hoping for a return to form? I know some games have an allocation per month which works out different.

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD!

Al-muhammedi at Stoke at 4.5 in defence, is probably going to play as a winger, looks like a great buy! O'Connor at Birmingham has netted 3 games in a row now, striker at 4.5... Still not sure if he's going to start though, but if he keeps this form up it looks like him and Zigic up top!
Which fantasy competition are you talking about Jonne please:ok

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD! I agree Mr Mal about Bale. Could net a ton of points this year especially in the Sun comp as Champions league games etc count too in there. He's 5m there though so not a bargain as such.

The largest one' date=' premierleague.com! ;)[/quote'] Very little value in that comp Jonne. The prizes aren't very good and the fields are enormous but good luck:ok On the plus side it's free so can't grumble

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD! I like Nolan at Newcastle, always got a fair few points at Bolton. I like Cahill at Bolton in defence but would like it even more if he moved to a better club. I'm hoping Stephen Ireland gets out of Man City, rate him highly and would get loads of points if he was 1st choice elsewhere. Who is 1st choice RB at Man Utd, Rafael is cheap in the Sun game but I don't know if he'll play regularly?

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD! I normally have a look at the newly promoted clubs for filler players, they are normally dirt cheap. For example Nolan for of Carroll for Newcastle, they are only 4/5 million and are sure to play first team each game...

I normally have a look at the newly promoted clubs for filler players' date=' they are normally dirt cheap. For example Nolan for of Carroll for Newcastle, they are only 4/5 million and are sure to play first team each game...[/quote'] I was looking at them aswell, changed Caroll for O'Connor though, as he has been banging goals in 3 games in a row pre-season and is cheaper in FPL. Changed Nolan for Routledge in order to spend more money on the line up which is actually on the field, but I think Nolan could be good later, when Newc have better fixtures

Very little value in that comp Jonne. The prizes aren't very good and the fields are enormous but good luck:ok On the plus side it's free so can't grumble
Ye, prizes aren't good, but beating 2 million people is still fun ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD! william hill got one on go for account holders .daily mail got one with 40k prize money ,free to enter .you can hae up to 5 teams .you got to put a few cheap players in .jaskolinen for keeper ,beckford and nolan just a few i got feeling for bowyer for assists and goals ?

I like Nolan at Newcastle' date=' always got a fair few points at Bolton. I like Cahill at Bolton in defence but would like it even more if he moved to a better club. I'm hoping Stephen Ireland gets out of Man City, rate him highly and would get loads of points if he was 1st choice elsewhere. Who is 1st choice RB at Man Utd, Rafael is cheap in the Sun game but I don't know if he'll play regularly?[/quote'] Looks like Ireland could be off to Villa and if that's a case could a be a bargain in the Sun at 2.5m Who's likely to be the back four at Man City this season. I'd say Toure and Karlov are definites but what about the other 2 positions?

Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD! looking at the points system in all the ones im in ,your defence has to be strong with good full backs come wingers .defenders that can score idealy .4 points for clean sheet ,my defence in one of my teams is ,cole .terry, efra bale ,dunne. im just putting one costly midfielder in fabregas ,and strike force of rooney and bent ,the rest all cheap ?? half the time your midfield scores no points anyway ? maybe someone got other ideas how to manage their team .as the saying gos i could pick a better team than than that manager ??? 1500 a week for highest point scoring team on sky sports one .1500 a month in daily mail one ,the sun and mirror quite expensie to join .but worth it ??mon the toffees :clap

Looks like Ireland could be off to Villa and if that's a case could a be a bargain in the Sun at 2.5m Who's likely to be the back four at Man City this season. I'd say Toure and Karlov are definites but what about the other 2 positions?
I'd guess boateng and lescott