Question regarding in play exchange (Betfair)

A7

If I was to place £2 each way on a horse ... and then went into the in-play exchange and laid that horse to win for £2 again ... does that cover the win bet or both the win and place bet?? As in would it cover me fully? when the odds are lower of course.

Re: Question regarding in play exchange (Betfair)

If I was to place £2 each way on a horse ... and then went into the in-play exchange and laid that horse to win for £2 again ... does that cover the win bet or both the win and place bet?? As in would it cover me fully? when the odds are lower of course.
If you placed £2 in the win market and £2 in the TBP market (in effect £2 e/w) and you then laid the horse in running like you suggest, to a £2 backers stake in the win market, you would not be covered in the TBP market if the horse was unplaced - you would still lose your £2 from the TBP market. You would need to click in play in the TBP market and lay that as well to be totally guaranteed not to lose both the win and place parts of the bet.