York - Saturday 10th July

2:00 York: Saucy Brown 1pt win 16/1 Betfred & Gap Princess 1pt win 10/1 Ladbrokes Saucy Brown is hardly the most consistent and is the sort to either win or finish last. Has been tried over a variety of trips and going. Just sense there is a decent run in him. Gap Princess is a rare horse as she seems to have improved after leaving Richard Fahey. Won well last time out and up 7lbs in a better race. Sometimes a mare can get on a roll and keep improving. 3:05 York: Emirates Champion 3pts win 1pt place 25/1 Paddy Power Emirates Champion looks overpriced at 25/1. Last season he won well at Ayr and was promoted to favourite for the November Handicap before the ground went against him. He ran two good races out at Meydan, beating Monte Alto in the second, and that horse won next time out. Tony Martin's Salute Him was well down the field. He is up in the handicap as a result of those wins, however he is very lightly raced, and has been highlighted on this forum, Godolphin have been doing well with their handicappers. A wide draw may not be such a disadvantage as once seemed as four of the last six winners have come from double figure stalls.

Re: York - Saturday 10th July Going to this today :ok Not certain on anything as of yet, mind! Posted this earlier in the week however.

Tempting fate I know by posting this ante-post bet, and no doubt it will be declared a non-runner tomorrow, but had to get the price this morning! Imposing is a tricky ride, having to be buried at the back and delivered late, which ultimately lost him the race at Ascot, where he finished second behind Cill Rilliag. However, that was still an impressive run and I think he can go one better in the John Smith's Cup. Conflicting information whether he runs off 100 or 103 but if it's the latter, that still doesn't worry me at all. Imposing won here off a long break over CD, which was an impressive performance after being held up. A similar run will mean he'll go close. Worries me slightly that Moore decides to go to Ascot, maybe meaning they don't really intend to run. But other explanations may include distance to travel, as well as the slightly questionable ride he gave at Ascot. The ante-post favourite, Rebel Soldier is a "50/50" chance, and with that Imposing price has been cut. Here's hoping this runs :hope I got 7/1 this morning, best priced 6/1 now however (due to Rebel Soldier drifting I feel). 3pts EW @ 7/1 StanJames (6/1 still available with Hills)
Seemed to have got the value hopefully.

Re: York - Saturday 10th July 3.05 I was bitterly disappointed with Hillview Boy last Saturday at Haydock, I don't know what went wrong, but the way he was eased off by Richard Hughes, I thought something must have gone horribly wrong. Back in May, his second last run, he beat a decent field in a listed event at Hamilton, including Tinaar and Lady Jane Digby. With Chris Catlin back on board (rode him to second behind Charm School in the November last season) only seven days after that horrible outing, I feel that the 50/1 has the potential to be a cracking e/w proposition.

Re: York - Saturday 10th July It would possibly be stupid to ignore the 2 Godolphin runers in this hcap. Often they taregt hcaps now rather than the Grp 1 races and if you think about it, the horses they buy are expensive purchases and all have ability to be shown at some level. They put 2 horses in the 3.05 John Smiths cup today - Sopranist (16/1 Bet365)) and Emirates Champion (25/1 Bet365) Sopranist was last seen at Meydan finishing 3rd behind stable mate whispering gallery. Its form last sumer included a close 2nd behind Laaheb who won a listed event last week. Emirates champion won a handicap lto on the AW at meydan and like sopranist hasnt raced since, rated 14lb lower than Sopranist last season. Both decent prices either taken EW or to win

Re: York - Saturday 10th July 2.00 York Harlech Castle is nearly clear favourite for this race but Im not sure why yes is clearly going from strength to strength but all his turf form comes on Good/Soft ground and his improvement on the AW this wnter was round Southwell which usually favours soft ground horses he has also been off for 150 days aswell and has always run abmissmal fresh! Tiddliwinks must have a solid chance on his AW form, he is 10lb lighter on turf and he showed promise in 2 turf maidens in summer last year but did bomb out in turf handicaps but over the winter he really came to hand winning 5 times from 8 and could still beopen to more, he has been given a break which is a concern but Ryans yard is flying right now and I liked to see Spencer get leg up on Ryans horses they have a decent strike rate of 23% and a lsp +14.73! 0.5pt e/w tiddliwinks 9/1 sj 2.30 York Macs power has been impressive on his last 2 starts but 8lb rise could be a little harsh also have a niggling concern he finds a mile a little too far! Webbow looks a massive price considering his run at haydock on his penultimate start where he looked an all over winner when he was short of room, perhaps drawn on the wrong side at ascot but was a good second of that group this race looks easier and still looks well treated on what he has achieved this year! 0.5pt e/w webbow 7/1 totesport 3.05 York Emirates Champion looks overpriced for the boys in blue and I bet if Detori was up here riding he would be half the price, he won a decent handicap on the Tapeta surface in Dubai ths year, just as effective on turf having been a wide margin winner at Ayr last year, up just 5lb for that effort and could be a little more than a handicapper! 0.25pt e/w emirates champion 25/1 sj

Re: York - Saturday 10th July Agree with everyone mentioning the 2 Godolphin runners in the 3.05 and although both have fairly high handicap marks they both seem progressive and are lightly raced. Godolphin have a good record at York too and can't be ignored today. The other 2 in that race that interest me are Kings Gambit and Desert Kiss. Kings Gambit needs to be prominent and goes from stall 2 as long as Spencer doesn't try hold the horse up too much. It's recent 1st and then 2nd behind Rainbow Peak were both when racing close to the lead. Swinburn won this race in 2006 with Fairmile and has Desert Kiss today, has only won fillies events in small fields recently but done so in good style and won last 2 races in commanding style at class 3 level. Shanke Kelly is 2 from 2 on the horse. The way it won on 10/6/09 and 11/7/09 gives me confidence too, it seems to have some class and a turn of foot too. All the 4 I fancy are double figures and recent winners have been 16-1, 12-1 and 11-1. My 4 against the field are: Sopranist Emirates Champion Kings Gambit Desert Kiss

Re: York - Saturday 10th July

3.05 I was bitterly disappointed with Hillview Boy last Saturday at Haydock, I don't know what went wrong, but the way he was eased off by Richard Hughes, I thought something must have gone horribly wrong. Back in May, his second last run, he beat a decent field in a listed event at Hamilton, including Tinaar and Lady Jane Digby. With Chris Catlin back on board (rode him to second behind Charm School in the November last season) only seven days after that horrible outing, I feel that the 50/1 has the potential to be a cracking e/w proposition.
Great call Diamond 4th at 50's:clap

Re: York - Saturday 10th July Believe it or not Ted, I got 66s at Ladbrokes for their "megaprice" with my wee bro's odds on card. Cracking return from a game horse who just consistently runs his heart out. He never looks and easy ride, always pulling, but just a solid performer.:clap:clap

Re: York - Saturday 10th July Couple of things to take out of York yesterday. Firstly, what a cracking horse we saw in Capponi from the Mark Johnston yard. Lightly raced, running against more seasoned campaigners, it absolutely bolted up. Definitely one to follow. The other was the riding performance of Silvestre De Sousa. 2 winners, a 3rd, a 4th and one down the field in 5 rides. That on a very competitive day. Credit to one of the lesser lights in the jockeys circle:clap

Re: York - Saturday 10th July Capponi was one of the easiest looking winners of the day, I was concerned enough about the lack of experience, so only had a small win bet, and was gobsmacked at how good he was. He'll probably end up at the Go!Dolphins soon enough I'd imagine. I think you're bang on the money with Silvestre too, he seems to ride no end of long priced shots into the frame. I don't normally look at jockey bookings till last when trying to read a race, but when I spot his presence, I usually have to look twice and reconsider.