Where do you learn about horseracing?

Like with football, you've got SSN, MOTD, Sky Sports and bbcfootball.co.uk etc .. it's in your face all the time. It isn't hard to work it out. It takes 10 minutes for someone who knows nothing about it to be told the rules and understand it. But where do you learn about horseracing?? What makes one horse better than another? Age, weight?? If neither of those 2 are prominent reasons, what are the main differences that set them apart?? Jockey? Why is it that so often the favourite is nowhere near winning and that from what it seems to me more often than not it's someone who is ranked 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th etc on odds of 16 or 12 or sometimes 69 :unsure, who wins the race?? It makes me wonder, because it seems very random. I remember that race, Ascot? where Goldikova and Paco Boy were racing .. why have I not seen them since?? Why is it that most races on Betfair seem to be class 4/5 etc?? Also how many horses are there?? Because I'm trying to get a gist of the horses and just build up my ideas about some, but it seems impossible to remember most of the names cas there's so many horses! The daily races on Betfair, is it a league or some kind of competition?? Or is it just like a friendly or something?? Just general questions like that I'd like to know the answers to if possible, cheers. It is something I'd like to get to know because I must admit I've really enjoyed horseracing since I've started betting on it .. that beautiful feeling when you see your horse power home :notworthy Cheers.

Re: Where do you learn about horseracing? gaz, there is a structure to uk racing. We have flat and jumps. Within jumps there are hurdles and chase races. Ill take flat as an example. The races are divided into classes, 1 down to 7, the higher the better the quality of horse competing and the higher the prize money. Within class 1 there are group 1, group 2 or group 3 races, as well as listed races. Group 1 are for the elite horses, the champions league if you like.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.