Archive Racecards

Yo yo yo! Been a while! Looking at something at the moment including claimers for a system which, based on one days results looks promising and I want to look further back, at least to the beginning of the month, but, having taken a break, I can't find any links to archive racecards. Any suggestions (bearing in mind Sporting Life don't seem to carry them, and the Racing Post site is down). 50/1 and 14/1 winners yesterday although the rules are still a little sketchy! As in very! Thanks to anyone who is still awake and can help me out :) :ok Normal service will be restored soon I hope.

Re: Archive Racecards Blimey........I thought you'd 'racing gold-dust' there for a minute ! A couple of years ago i started downloading racecards from one of the sites, but I can't remember which one....... I thought I'd build up a collection on my computer for future reference......... But when i realised that i was never looking at them and they were taking up space, i deleted them..... I suppose if you were disciplined you could download from tomorrow and in a few weeks you'd have a months worth to test theories on !

Re: Archive Racecards Nowhere online then? Bugger. Ah well, patience it might well have to be then! Loosely, look out for claiming jockeys, where there allowance is within the same number of pounds as the top weight, unless the top weight also has a claim, which automatically qualifies it as a selection, unless a claimed below carries less weight, with the claim. Something like that anyway! So: 1 Punters Mate 9-7 Fred Bloggs 2 Lazy Lounge 9-5 Tom Jones (5) Lazy Lounge would be a selection. And yes, I know it's actually reverse logic! Lot of testing to do yet though!

Re: Archive Racecards I was watching the races today and one of the commentators said something interesting ( but probably really obvious !) about claimers....... Look out for claimers in sprint handicaps I suppose the reasoning is that over 5/6 furlongs you're often going to get a finish of heads and necks and 5 lbs matters ! Whereas over longer trips the field is more likely to be spread out and a few pounds here or there makes no difference.

Re: Archive Racecards Interesting thoughts there. I've found a link (irishracing.com) which is doing the trick for yesterday, may have to play with the URL's to go further back, if I can. There appears to be no preference in the amount of claim (3, 5 or 7) but anything with a racecard number from 5 or above did nothing, of course based on a sample of 25 qualifiers. Will add distance in as another angle though, thanks for the suggestion :ok