** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AFC Champions League 11-12/5

Tuesday 11 May 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma v Gamba Osaka (11:30 BST) 2.4 3.4 3.4 100.49 %
maximize.gif Suwon Samsung Bluewings v Beijing Guoan (11:30 BST) 1.88 3.5 5.5 99.94 %
maximize.gif Al-Gharafa v Pakhtakor Tashkent (17:20 BST) 1.81 3.95 5.3 99.43 %
maximize.gif Al-Shabab (KSA) v Esteghlal (18:45 BST) 2.04 3.5 4.3 100.85 %
Wednesday 12 May 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors (11:00 BST) 2.37 3.25 3 106.21 %
maximize.gif Kashima Antlers v Pohang Steelers (11:00 BST) 1.8 3.6 5.5 101.52 %
maximize.gif F.C. Zob Ahan v Mes Kerman F.C. (15:30 BST) 1.83 3.4 5.2 103.19 %
maximize.gif Al-Hilal v Bunyodkor (18:45 BST) 2.2 3.25 3.5 104.80 %

Re: AFC Champions League 11-12/5 Pohang have just sacked their coach after 9 games without a win, they are aiming to appoint a new manager and rebuild during the world cup break. I would have expected Kashima to beat them anyway, but even more so now that they have no permanent manager and the players are unsettled. They are conceeding far too many goals of late and I feel Kashima will be far too strong for them. As for Jeonbuk and Adelaide, it should be noted that both Luis and Kim Sang Sik are suspended for Jeonbuk and Lee DongKuk looks to be out injured. Adelaide do pretty well at home and i see them nicking this in a low scoring affair. 1-0 for me. My bet: Double on Kashima and Adelaide (at local bookies) at 3.9

Re: AFC Champions League 11-12/5

Sport Football (Asia)
Event Al-Hilal - Bunyodkor
Selection Al-Hilal
Strength 10/10
Date 12/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Al-Hilal has today the most important game of his history and their directors already made them know that they don't admit any other result than a win. Looking to the season Al-Hilal is making, i think they are doing it very well. Gerets is making a good job and even he failure today, i would be thinking the same. I think AL-Hilal is quite well prepared and has the enough experience to defeat Bunyodkor. Al-Hilal is better team than Bunyodkor and the visitors, despite being trained bu Scolari, should be afraid of facing such opponent. And playing at home with the support of their fans, Al-Hilal should win this knock out game.

Re: AFC Champions League 11-12/5

Event ZobAhan - Mes
Selection ZobAhan
Strength 10/10
Date 12/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning ZobAhan and Mes are both Iranian teams. The coaches worked together on Sepahan in 2007, so this game will have no secrets for both sides. It will be like a Iranian league game, where ZobAhan is making a much better season than Mes. With just one game to play, ZobAhan is third placed with the same number of points than the second placed Esteghlal, while Mes only on the last game assured the maintenance, as they are with three points more than the relegation zone. It won't be a easy game as ZobAhan couldn't defeat Mes this season, but this is full concentration game where the hosts should impose their better football.