Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Sun, May 9th

240 Plumpton: Al Amaan So many to choose from today, just wasnt sure which one to bismark? In the end gone with the Nicholls horse Al Amaan, he just isnt value on what hes achieved, ran poorly last time and i would think hes in the last chance sallon at that stable. 7/4 is a terrible price and a leap of faith for backers. 4 hot favs today in the novice races and they all wont win so probably picked the wrong un!

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Sun, May 9th 3.10 Plumpton - My Matilda (LAY) Going to have a crack at this comp today despite being far less successful at picking losers over the sticks! But anyway... Won once in her career on her second last run. This was on Heavy going when fresh. I have found that when the going is Heavy the form is exceedingly unreliable and could mean anything. If you exclude that run then things start looking very dire. Out of 16 runs, she failed to complete the course 6 times, won once (as discussed) and placed once in December 2007. She definitely appears to lack consistency and has a very low win and place % compared to the rest of the field. She shouldn't be second favourite here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.