** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

My Professional Gambler Diary

shadowvkc

As promised Iv posted my P/L for April 2010. I finally believe I have my money management and discipline spot on, and intent for a repeat month in May. I haven't posted on here much lately, but I will be making a conscious effort to post more. The main method I used to achieve this profit was: I would take 14% of my bank (there or about's) and I would use that as my daily liability. I would then go all in on several races that i deamed "best races" from my system selections. Once the daily liability doubles then I would stop for the day. If I lost, then I would just stop for the day and not chase the losses. I would not not decrease my daily liability the next day. This strategy seems to be working very well for me lately and I hope it will continue well into the future. The best day of April saw me taking in £607... but the worst day saw me lose £700 (this was before I decided it was a good idea to put in a daily liability). My target for May: With my increased betting bank, I intent to take profit up past the £3000 point. When I post on here I will use the above strategy.. so hopefully when I post I will be taking a sum of money and doubling it in one day! april.jpg

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary Great stuff shadow. You are really making a killing! wish you all the best. Im trying to reach that stage, where i can do this for a living. Just had a bunch of other issues bite me in the ass. Now i got a long term, all in plan for the rest of the year which i plan to net me 60,000. I will probably add it to the Glory Hunt on this forum when i get the chance too. You really do well with the laying horses. I just never like to go in on them. Not too well equipped for the races. Maybe ill start off laying some for fun and see where it takes me. Oh by the way, ive been meaning to ask you. where in Canada are you from? Im most likely heading to Toronto in late June early July. Well good luck with your future endevours. Hope it goes well.

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary Thanks xchange. Well I was in Toronto, but im back in Sunny Wales now as things didnt quite work out with the gf :( I got home last monday! But I am not going out to Australia in July with my friend for a few months, yay :)

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary

however.......Virtual Horse Racing:eek :spank
Well iv wanted to see what it's like for a while, and i was reading somewhere that if there's not alot of money matched then its probably just the betfair robots and that the outcome would usually be you losing.. so first race I lost.. enough to put anyone off for life I think :)

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary An update: Having seen an accountant on Friday I was advised the following: Create a Limited company Pay myself a small salery (£5,000) and pay myself upto £25,000 a year in dividents. He is checking to see if the winnings from betting can be charged corporation tax, as he was a little unsure. I will be able to claim expenses back such as Internet, Computer, Office, Desk, Chair costs. Because the income is tax free, it is voluntary if I pay back my student loan. By paying myself a salary and dividents, i will be able to qualify for a mortgage. I can pay my national insurance weekly, which costs 35p and entitles me to a full state pension. :clap Just thought I would post this, as I know a few people were interested when I asked about this in the General Chat section a while ago :)

• 5 weeks later...

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary Hey all.. Yes had another decent month may.jpg Not as good as I was hoping for, but its more than my Twin brother brings home and he works stupid hours :) The company hasnt been fully set up yet, but the paper work is with Companies House so I should have the business certificate soon, then I can open a business bank account and go back to the accountant. Iv also invested in an iphone, and got the ibetmate app.. For those who have an iphone the app is much better than the official betfair one. This now allows me to be out and about doing things while betting.. For anyone who is thinking about doing betting full time, I would say go for it. I'v never had so much free time... it feels like iv retired before iv even started and im only 23 :) The things im most excited about is that my bank is growing pretty quickly month on month. Im also pretty excited because this month I did the same bets for my father so in reality I made double the screenshot above. Hopefully within the next 6 months I can see profit figures of £5-6K a month... which would me amazing! I hope you have all had a great month also :)

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary Congratulations on a good month Shadow and good luck for this month. I remember when you were posting your selections up here regularly that you were mainly concentrating laying horses with larger odds. Is this still the way your doing most of your betting, or do you have other selection methods? Either way, keep it up!

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary Hey salparadise.. Yes still laying at fairly large odds. But I am also recieveing a daily email from a tipping service.. which I then lay as they are actually crap lol its proving to be a lovely little addition. Im also trialing a new system which lays at much shorter prices, but this wont be finished for a while yet. ;)

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary Fair play you are one of the very few who take it seriously rather than looking to make the most money from big odds. Its also my strategy but im a football man, im starting to rerseach laying horses through betfair, and i think youre strategy is a very good one

Re: My Professional Gambler Diary Yup... just goes to prove how shitty they actually are. I have no idea who would pay for the actual tips because its so unprofitable its crazy.. I think in the last 2 months they have managed to find 4 winners.. be them at decent prices.. but still!!