PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May.

Hooloovoo

PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May.  

1. 1.

Re: PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May. Table updated. :ok And well done to tonight's cashers :clap Final leg next week and although the league is being decided over all 4 legs there's still plenty of chance to get into the top 10 even if you have missed a week and would only have 3 scores. (And don't forget the $150 added anyway). Just to confirm, to be eligible for the spoon you will need to have played all 4 games (spoon cannot be earned lightly:tongue2). Goater and McG firmly in the box seat now but several others with good chances. :ok

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May. Really good game, well done all cashers. I am delighted to have 5 final tables out of 6 betfair league games :cow Can anyone explain this "wooden spoon" thing? How is it "earned" (i assume it's not a good thing to "win" it)? And why a wooden spoon, what does it symbolize?

Re: PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May. At PL its awarded to the person gaining the lowest score in these League competitions, amongst the entrants that have played all required games. (i.e if its best 3 from 4 games then everyone playing 3 games is eligible to 'win' the Wooden Spoon') This is the history bit .... (courtesy of Wikipedia)

A wooden spoon is a mock or real award, usually given to an individual or team which has come last in a competition, but sometimes also to runners-up. Examples range from the academic to sporting and more frivolous events. The term is of British origin and has spread to other Commonwealth countries. The wooden spoon was presented originally at the University of Cambridge as a kind of booby prize awarded by the students to the man who achieved the lowest exam marks but still earned a third-class degree (a junior optime) in the Mathematical Tripos. The term "wooden spoon" or simply "the spoon" was also applied to the recipient,[1] and the prize became quite notorious:

And while he lives, he
wields
the boasted prize Whose value all can feel, the weak, the wise; Displays in triumph his distinguish'd boon, The solid honours of the
Wooden Spoon
—"The Wooden Spoon" from
The Cambridge Tart
(1823)
[2]

Re: PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May. Good to see you cashed last night glceud after knocking me out with the sick running aces on turn and river, i think. its not very often i roar "NOOOOOOO" at the screen. lol. Enjoyed the game last night well done to all the cashers

Re: PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May.

Just to confirm' date=' to be eligible for the spoon you will need to have played all 4 games (spoon cannot be earned lightly:tongue2). Goater and McG firmly in the box seat now but several others with good chances. :ok[/quote'] So, did Goater decide not to register to avoid any chance of getting the spoon?

So' date=' did Goater decide not to register to avoid any chance of getting the spoon?[/quote'] Gremlin too - pair of chickens :spank

Re: PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May. It was a good effort Guppie, but Congratuspoonerations go to teaulc :clap Averick hangs on as League Champ despite being unable to play tonight. :clap Top 10 go forward to next week's freeroll.

1averick
2Scholey
3superfoo
4voiceofjoe
5Fonzie14
6pistonbroke
7bignedkelly
8Warbirds
9morlspin
10Hooloovoo

Re: PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May. Have registered for this now, $5 and didn't have to enter password? :unsure And start time is 7pm UK time, instead of 8pm....???! Too bad if anyone misses this EDIT: It starts at 8pm according to tourney info, but the lobby states that it starts at 7pm (i.e. it says 1d 1h when time is 6pm)

Have registered for this now, $5 and didn't have to enter password? :unsure And start time is 7pm UK time, instead of 8pm....???! Too bad if anyone misses this EDIT: It starts at 8pm according to tourney info, but the lobby states that it starts at 7pm (i.e. it says 1d 1h when time is 6pm)
Bottom Left 20:00 - 22h 46m -I'm sure I entered a Password (same as league games) , but cant be certain:$ f_cfk2m_df5564e.jpg

As far as I know Jason submitted the names of the finalists to Betfair' date=' so presume it will only let you reg if your name is on the list. :ok[/quote'] :ok

Re: PL Exclusive-Betfair League with $1100 Added starts 10th May. WOW...and I thought I had done bad! But it turns out you have to be REALLY shite to get that wooden spoon. :tongue2 {I like the tongue in cheek thing as it allows you to tell the truth while pretending you are only joking! :eyes}

WOW...and I thought I had done bad! But it turns out you have to be REALLY shite to get that wooden spoon. :tongue2 {I like the tongue in cheek thing as it allows you to tell the truth while pretending you are only joking! :eyes}
i`ll have you know i worked hard at getting that wooden spoon,for starts my straight had to get rivered by a full house and that is no mean feat i can tell ya,that was game 2 and pretty certain i made sure i got rivered in game 3 as well...:dude:dude at least i didnt bottle it like a couple of members here who didnt play the last game at the bottom :tongue2

WOW...and I thought I had done bad! But it turns out you have to be REALLY shite to get that wooden spoon. :tongue2
You were bad Dodger, but unfortunately you missed game 2 so forfeited your chance of winning. :spank No Fonzie tonight? :(