** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Interesting spot with a Full House

Nade

Villain was playing 40/15 and came across as a total monkey but was running people over including me and seemed to always have the goods. I noticed about him when he barrels into opponents big he seemed to always turn up with the goods. No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com CO ($108.75) Button ($110.45) SB ($47.60) BB ($393.40) Hero (UTG) ($190.75) MP ($102.60) Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7club.gif, 7heart.gif Hero bets $3.50, 3 folds, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.50 Flop: ($10.50) 7diamond.gif, 10club.gif, 6heart.gif (3 players) SB checks, BB bets $8, Hero calls $8, 1 fold Turn: ($26.50) 9spade.gif (2 players) BB bets $17, Hero calls $17 River: ($60.50) 9diamond.gif (2 players) BB bets $36, Hero ??? The pot is $96 after his river bet, i have about $162 left and villain has me covered. 4 options: Call, raise, jam or fold.

Re: Interesting spot with a Full House I think you have to take the view you have the best hand here, and therefore you are trying to get the max from him. If you think he'd call a jam with either an 8 or a 9 then I'd jam...However if you think he's good enough to get away from it then I'm with Dave and I'd be min raising. This means he's getting the odds to call with pretty much anything other than air, and if he does fold, then you can mark it down as a way he plays when bluffing (a likely scenario considering the way you have described him playing with big holdings). If he did jam over your min raise I'd still be inclined to call - a full house is a full house and if you're beat, re-load and start again. Interesting hand tho'.....

Re: Interesting spot with a Full House I would tend to raise a 40/15 on the flop; as played I am shipping 100BB deep, and given that you didn't raise this drooler on the flop its pretty hard to narrow his range. I would still probably bet/call here, but I'm not too good at deep stacked play tbh. Just some stoving I did: Board: 7d Tc 6h 9s 9d Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 52.400% 52.41% 00.00% 5019284 0.00 { 7c7h } Hand 1: 47.600% 47.61% 00.00% 4559557 0.00 { TT-99, 66, T9s, 98s, T9o, 98o } And giving him some combos of J8: Board: 7d Tc 6h 9s 9d Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 65.512% 65.54% 00.00% 6556591 0.00 { 7c7h } Hand 1: 34.488% 34.51% 00.00% 3451774 0.00 { TT-99, 66, Jh8h, Js8s, T9s, 98s, Jc8h, Jc8s, Jd8h, Jd8s, Jh8s, Js8h, T9o, 98o }

Re: Interesting spot with a Full House I didn't raise the flop because of some game-flow things, like i hadn't been too aggressive vs him post flop so felt he'd give me a lot of credit for the raise and he just barrelled relentlessly so just wanted to look weak and keep him in. What i did is get a bit excited at the prospect of winning a hand for the first time in what felt like a long while so i shipped it in to get max value like ElC says but he folded pretty quickly and it felt like afterwards it was too big an overbet as he's calling $130 into a $250 pot. The idea most of you put forward of putting a small raise in looks good - If i was to raise though it would 100% to call a shove, raise/folding would be pretty awful as we might as well just call otherwise.

Re: Interesting spot with a Full House A raise to $90-100 looks good. I doubt he folds anything to that kind of raise size that he folds to a minraise. Don't think a shove is bad at all Nade. Given your description villain likely just didn't have a hand.

Re: Interesting spot with a Full House

I disagree that raise/folding is awful given how deep you are.
Say you raise to $90 here, and villain shoves. You now have to put in $72 more into a pot of $348, almost 5-1 pot odds. Is this a case where pot odds doesn't matter at all, given that you give his shove some credit?

Re: Interesting spot with a Full House Well I already said I am min-raising, so thats raise to $72, not $90, and this is a pretty crucial difference. That means I now have to put $90 into a pot of $294, so it's just over 3/1 on the call. If he shoves over the top of your min raise, I definitely think you are making a correct fold with these odds. He is almost never going to shove if he's not ahead and he is likely going to pay you off with his worse hands.

Re: Interesting spot with a Full House I think min-raise folding is better than raise/folding but both options are worse than raise/calling, shoving or calling. We do have the virtual nuts vs a monkey, folding should be out of the question IMO.