Pick Your Stable Challenge

Re: Pick Your Stable Challenge BH don't worry about it, you have enough on your plate on this site but its a great gesture as always that you have updated this and intend to as best as you can :ok If this does continue I think we should ignore the subs to be honest as it would be interesting to see how we all do from the start if we get that far. I think most people, if not all would be trusted to update their own stable, somebody could even double check if they really must or find something dodgy. Another way to work it is for 1 person to be nominated to do somebody elses stable (a bit like marking somebody elses quiz or mini-tests at school :lol).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Pick Your Stable Challenge Anyone who looks in on here before 1st June can have a vote on subs or not but I'm taking the current score as : Subs 0 - 3 No Subs. After 1st June they would be too late to make subs anyway ! I'm happy to take over the periodic scoring BH. Have you set up any spreadsheets or do I just 'copy and paste' from the existing posts ? :ok

Re: Pick Your Stable Challenge Hello all, just a quick post, will be back later to clear everything up. What can I say, many thanks to BH for helping out with this thread. Much appreciated. :notworthy I have all the teams in other documents so have been keeping on top of things - will do updates when I can. I will offer the sub-rule. Up to five as stated (like-for-like) and you will have until now to Derby Day to make them. They will come into play the minute you post them.

Re: Pick Your Stable Challenge My subs are Ingleby Lady for Jonny Mudball Red Cadeaux for Penitent Santefisio for Eolith Choreography for Lastroseofsummer Jonny Mudball for New Leyf I realise people may have forgotten about this so will allow subs up to midnight Sunday. Up to five allowed, and they count from minute posted. Good luck all. :ok

Re: Pick Your Stable Challenge Hajoum (92) for Lowther (93) Watch Amigo (80) for Ebony Eyes (79) Cape Quarter (69) for Dazzling Bay (69) Going with 3 that are due to run tomorrow so hopefully one goes in. Let me know if any of those are wrong, forgot the categorys for each rating :$

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Pick Your Stable Challenge

Saw Dangerous Midge at Salisbury last year' date=' really good looking sort, plenty of size. Won despite seeming green. Had 14/1 (from memory) that day. Although a four year old, this is only his second season. Had just 4 runs so far, winning 2. Plenty of improvement to come this year. Meehan not yet in that good form yet though.[/quote'] Nice double in this competition today. Dangerous Midge and King Of Wands. And not a penny on them.:eyes :lol Missed this substitutes thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like your playing with yourself Ginge;) Good luck. My biggest pet hate is a competition that never gets updated:sad
I was ready to do it when BTP returned and took back ownership, including inviting subs (which I'm not sure added anything other than making the scoring more complicated if trying to play catch-up), so I left it at that.

Looks like your playing with yourself Ginge;) Good luck. My biggest pet hate is a competition that never gets updated:sad
I am always playing with myself BH, that's what comes of living on one's own. :eek Have you heard from Billy recently? Tell him his old sparring partner misses him! Just when it looked like I had an opportunity to win something, Billy does a runner. May be that's the reason. :lol Hope you're well Billy, wherever you are. :ok

Re: Pick Your Stable Challenge Agree about the subs Duncan, not sure what we count now? Give up trying anyway, Billy said it was easy to admin, longest admin i've ever done and i've done a few. Ginge, havnt heard from him for ages, I know some of the Poker lads were after him but couldnt get in touch, I think we are way down on his list of priorities which is a shame, only takes a second to log in and say hello. Does he still do his column? Anyway hope he's ok health wise.

Re: Pick Your Stable Challenge To cheer myself up after Goodwood. Just gone over the £4000,000 mark. Ginger's Winners Seta £32,677.60 Coordinated Cut £151,540.00 King Of Wands £29,787.45 Penitent £77,887.50 Dangerous Midge £63,206.55 Decorative £7,771.20 Treble Jig £6,799.80 Layla's Dancer £1,473.39 Rigidity £3,356.77 Uncle Keef £1,942.80 Allannah Abu £7,195.46 Azaday £1,801.90 Escape Artist £3,134.45 Mata Keranjang £12,134.14 Esaar £0.00 £4000,709.01