** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

AYR - March 25th 2010

Its a track i know very well, should be a very good day for the fav backers. Best of luck. One to keep a wee eye on is FLOAT MY BOAT in the last 5-30pm, its a N/h flat race for amateur jockeys, the pick has already gone in at Maralin point to point over the water and that was 3m, he has a VERY good up and coming jockey in the plate and runs off a featherweight. A little e/w bet but i would not go bonkers. A link with a little more detail should you wish a read. http://www.p2p.ie/news.php?news_id=7834

Re: AYR - March 25th 2010 I haven't been to Ayr since I turned legal to bet! Used to have to push the boat out and do £2 singles as my Dad would be too embarrased to put a £1 bet on at the course bookmakers for me :lol He always gave me money to bet with anyway but I still felt £2 was pushing the boat out haha! Used to always come away level or in profit which was :ok Going to have a look at the card when I get up tomorrow and may have a bet. My Dad text me about a heads up on a horse called either "Notebook" or "Notepad". Not too sure who he got it from but guessing it was at his local bookie but said that person was tipped up a winner on Sunday that romped home at 6/1 (shame that person was told to take 2/1 and did so with no BOG at the bookie). Anyway back to the point, I searched the racecard and found no horse to that name so will have to text him and find out. If I find out I will post it up but will provide decent reasoning if I can.

Re: AYR - March 25th 2010 ellandshe 2.40 ayr came 2nd at sedgefield in a 5 runner race at 100/1,very similar conditions today as well ( 2m 4f good chase class 4),fav here is noble alan but can be prone to the odd mistake and other runners look nothing speciao,looked around and saw that the odds are around the 100s again.SP ew hills :hope

Re: AYR - March 25th 2010

ellandshe 2.40 ayr came 2nd at sedgefield in a 5 runner race at 100/1,very similar conditions today as well ( 2m 4f good chase class 4),fav here is noble alan but can be prone to the odd mistake and other runners look nothing speciao,looked around and saw that the odds are around the 100s again.SP ew hills :hope
I was looking at that one aswell mate, i see its only trading now at 66/1.

Re: AYR - March 25th 2010 2.10 Return Perk catches my eye here at a massive pricer. Jim Goldie's horses have been in good form lately, and he does well with these types at Ayr. Was well tried on debut over 3 miles when running behind The Knox's in a decent race. However, a combination of the heavy ground and 3 mile trip meant he weakened well out of it. Similar story last time IMO, where he just didnt get home, and weakened to finish 5th. Today, he drops back to 2m 4f, and I think he is slightly overpriced at 66/1. Bets 0.5 pt ew Return Perk @ 66/1 Stan James BOG

Re: AYR - March 25th 2010 15:50 Ayr Yankee Holiday has been raised 5lbs for his win at the course LTO over a shorter trip of 1 furlong. He trailblazed the field that day and won by over 4 lengths whilst still staying on so the extra furlong today should not pose much of a problem. I think he can do the same again here today if he adopts the same style of running. He may have a bit of competition up front this time with two others in the race who have tended to take up the running in previous races but they have also switched tactics from time to time so he may get an easy lead. Paul Gallagher won on him LTO and he takes off 7lbs once again to lighten the load. Panthers Run may be interesting having had his first run in around 4 and a half months just 14 days ago, that run may have been used to blow any cobwebs away and he has the beating of my selection in October 2009, there is only a 1lb reverse in the weights today so he could have a good chance in this race at a nice price. Snowy is a course winner that could also go well at a nice price but I will be siding with Yankee Holiday to lead all the way once again. 1pt win Yankee Holiday @ 4/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: AYR - March 25th 2010 4.30: Float my Boat 1pt win @ 4/1 PaddyPower BOG Stable have a great record this season in bumpers with 3 winners from 6 runners. Those with form on the cards look ordinary and this could be left to one of the newcomers. Nicky Richards has a woeful record in bumpers this season as does the trainer of the other newcomers (0 winners in last 5 seasons). Therefore if this Irish trained horse is ready for the job would have every chance and looks worth a speculative tenner at 4/1.

4.30: Float my Boat 1pt win @ 4/1 PaddyPower BOG Stable have a great record this season in bumpers with 3 winners from 6 runners. Those with form on the cards look ordinary and this could be left to one of the newcomers. Nicky Richards has a woeful record in bumpers this season as does the trainer of the other newcomers (0 winners in last 5 seasons). Therefore if this Irish trained horse is ready for the job would have every chance and looks worth a speculative tenner at 4/1.
Sorry, that should say 5.30 :$

Re: AYR - March 25th 2010 16:55 Ayr The ground at Ayr is now confirmed as Soft and Duke Of Malfi will welcome the softer conditions here after it seemed as if it was going to be good, good to soft in places for most of the day although Maguire did say after the first race that his opinion was that the ground was Soft. He has had a good season notching up 2 wins and a 3rd from 3 races. His first win coming at Hexham over 17 furlongs and then he won over course distance here on the 2nd of December where he ran out a clear winner off a mark of 90. Ran off a mark of 96 LTO but seemed as if he needed the run after a three-month absence as he finished 3rd of 8 at Kelso over 17 furlongs. That race should strip him fitter for this and he will welcome the slight drop in trip back down to 2m. 2pt win Duke Of Malfi @ 7/4 (Bet365 - BOG)

4.30: Float my Boat 1pt win @ 4/1 PaddyPower BOG Stable have a great record this season in bumpers with 3 winners from 6 runners. Those with form on the cards look ordinary and this could be left to one of the newcomers. Nicky Richards has a woeful record in bumpers this season as does the trainer of the other newcomers (0 winners in last 5 seasons). Therefore if this Irish trained horse is ready for the job would have every chance and looks worth a speculative tenner at 4/1.
I thought myself it was in with a wee shout, some strange prices going around these days in the morning, it was best priced 4/1 but returns at 12/1.

Re: AYR - March 25th 2010 Well done Stu :clap Know what you mean Jimmy - weird betting heat really. The Richards first string was backed like it couldn't lose, perhaps travelling a bit keen early caused the complete empty with a furlong to go and the Irish horse drifted like the proverbial. The eventual winner I couldn't have fancied toasted on know form - it's a funny old game mate! :ok