** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Italian Serie A Silly Season

Grex

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season

I might be totally wrong, but I think it would be very difficult for a normal person to start spreading rumours, unless you have a big amount of cash and you stake that big amount to catch people's attention. That would be way too risky.
What about if they had a betting syndicate? Probably a lot easier with a whole group of people, all with one common goal?

What about if they had a betting syndicate? Probably a lot easier with a whole group of people' date=' all with one common goal?[/quote'] Yeah, that's entirely possible. My point is that, a normal man-on-the-street, can't do that. :ok

Frosinone v Modena appears to be another one egding toward a draw.
Not surprisingly, all these teams are lying in the mid-table region. However, there are 12 more games to go, so safety is definitely not certain in their relegation battle. The truth will unfold in a couple of hours! :loon

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season Again? I doubt so... Might consider laying the draw when the odds are good! For some people, I guess it's another opportunity to earn profits through backing and laying exchanges.

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season Sorry if this sounds overdue, but I was reading the match report between Chievo/Catania on Soccernet and here was what's written: "However, they soon had their equaliser when Lopez went down under a challenge in the area and the Argentinian dusted himself down to fire Catania level 15 minutes from time." Under a challenge? A ghost on the field? LOL!

Sorry if this sounds overdue' date=' but I was reading the match report between Chievo/Catania on Soccernet and here was what's written: [i']"However, they soon had their equaliser when Lopez went down under a challenge in the area and the Argentinian dusted himself down to fire Catania level 15 minutes from time." Under a challenge? A ghost on the field? LOL!
hihi you did not see it?! He challenged himself ... and lost ^^

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season The draw for Catania vs Palermo is at 2.10 at Bet365. More than 150k are matched at Betfair, which is significantly more than the rest of the other matches. Palermo is currently 4th in the table, even with an away record of 3-4-8, would they play for a draw? Puzzles me.

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season (quote) He received a £16,000 fine last month for claiming "everything was done for us not to win" following a 2-0 defeat of AC Milan, a game in which Inter had two players sent off. (unquote) (quote) Reports in Italy suggested referees were prepared to go on strike if Mourinho was not given a severe punishment. (unquote) I believe it's the referees who should be given a "severe punishment", not Mourinho :tongue2

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season My sister had an Italian boyfriend. He always said that the Mafia controlled many of the games in Serie A for their betting purposes. I don't know whether they did or not but it makes you wonder. The English and German games may be less technically skillful and imaginative than the Italian, Spanish, Argentinian, Brazilian etc but at least they are honest.

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season :welcome to PL, Maybe! Yes, I think everyone of us are more or less sure that the Mafia has something to do with this. This season it seems that the Mafia likes Chievo and Catania slightly more than others. :lol

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season Its real name is "tactico accordo". Agreed tactics. Often not discussed but just accepted particularly if there is little or no bad history/blood between the teams. Staying in Serie A means big renewed contracts. Been going on for years. Dont follow the money blindly, look for reasons or wait till in-play.

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season .... so, "tactico accordo" it is then (sounds much nicer than "fixed") ;) Bet365 draw odds on Catania-Palermo seem to have stabilised at 2.0.... but there is still a huge amount of interest in the draw on BetFair..... over 95% of the 1X2 matched money is on the draw :loon By the way, I think France League 2 is also getting in on the act. Some of the big bookies closed their books on this evening´s match between Ajaccio and Bastia (both Corsican teams apparently on good terms). There was also huge money changing hands on the exchanges. Ajaccio were 12th in the league, Bastia fighting against relegation and... guess what.... Ajaccio 0-1 Bastia.... don´t you just love the French :clap

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season ... there were 14 teams involved in the above 1-1 draws..... of the previous 10 games involving these teams (i.e. a total of 140 matches), only 15% ended 1-1. Obviously Italian probability theories bear no relationship to global theories :eek

Re: Italian Serie A Silly Season Match spotted: Bologna vs Lazio. Bet365 have stopped offering the odds. Betfair is having them as low as 1.77. Bologna is 16th, 4 points above the relegation zone. Lazio is 17th, 3 points above the relegation zone. With 18th-placed Atalanta facing Roma this weekend, a draw would be beneficial to both clubs.