Champions League 16-17 March

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Chelsea's price is laughable really. United were bigger against Milan, but Inter are a far superior team. Maybe the overs'unders is the way to go here. Barca look superb double material at 1/4.....they'll wallop Stuttgart I think. Will definitely take Barca -1 @ 3/4(Bet365)......can see Barca scoring 2 or 3 at least here. Not been playing as well in recent weeks but the second half against Valencia was superb, so a comfortable win is in order here.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Chelsea -1AH @ 2.17 looks a good price to me, Inter are not that good in comparison to the top English teams and although they came away with a one goal lead from the first leg that was at home and Chelsea are one of the best home sides in the prem..i did well last week looking for value in the -1AH markets on the english sides, and there was some to be had..people will say Inter are a better team than Milan or Porto but then people were making out that Milan and Porto were being vastly underestimated last week! Chelsea at home @ 2.17 -1AH is value..:ok

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Inter + 4 Corner handicap @ 2.1 - Skybet will be the bet I'm taking tonight. Inter have beaten a + 4 corner handicap in every away European fixture this season. Chelsea only beat a - 4 corner handicap against APOEL at Stamford Bridge, which was to be expected, and they even only just beat it that time. Working on the assumption that Chelsea will score at some point, I think the line of 4 on Chelsea's side is showing a complete lack of respect to what is another top European side. (I just hope they actually show that and don't caputulate like Porto did :lol) The straight win odds for all the home sides this round are laughable. I still fail to see how anyone can find 'value' in an AH of -1 on any short priced home side, because there is no way of working out what the true odds should be. I've said this before on here - The short priced home favourite is expected to win, so the AH odds are going to naturally be very very skinny, because it's an 'expected' outcome. imo. GL if anyone takes Chelsea to win big :ok

Re: Champions League 16-17 March What price would you expect Chelsea to be Jase? I dont think the Chelsea odds are too 'laughable' when you take into account Chelsea's home record which i imagine is in the top 4 or 5 in europe over the last 5 years, their Champions league record over the last 5 years, which is the best around i believe, and Inters inability to do anything remotely noteworthy in Europe over the last few years and i think its fair..any price over evens i would have taken for the -1AH for the above reasons, Mourinho is a great coach sure and i dont believe Chelsea are quite as good as in previous years but i cant ignore the fact that Inter are consistent let downs in the CL..they played an admirable gameplan in the first leg, targeting Drogba and pressing Chelsea for the 90..but Chelsea could still easily have got a draw..as it is Chelsea need to win, they rarely fail on home soil and it would take a huge Inter effort to go through for me..if Chelsea get an early goal it will really open up the game and force Inter to come at them, I would personally be v.surprised if Chelsea went out tonight which means i will get my stake back at the very least..have to go on my convictions..good luck with your corners bet :ok

Re: Champions League 16-17 March I'd price Chelsea somewhere between 1.7-1.8. Not impressed with Chelsea at all recently and although Inter have dropped their level domestically, they have a lead to hang onto here and one of the best tacticians around in Mourinho. Prefer to sit back and enjoy this one. Barca will be the money maker tonight......:ok....or tomorrow!

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Chelsea should will win IMO, but @ 1.61 (365) isn't real price. Inter have Mourinho and some great players (especially Milito) one stroke who can change the face of the game. I expected something within the price @1.7-1.75. Books are not stupid, if you would see it raised the chances of that price. I will try HW with medium stakes, probably I bet double Chelsea and Barcelona. GL:ok

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Chelsea - Inter Everybody is talking, the odd on chelsea should be bigger, or Inter is the team that can glance one goal and then game will open to Inter. Let's see just on the teams. Chelsea playing pretty good footbal this season, despite last poor games they are one othe best if not the best team in Premiere league this season in my eyes. Despite goalkeeper loss they have full squad, like Inter do. Inter third year in a row looks to climb scudetta, but have not impressed in CL, so this year maybe the time, they have the position right now, they don't need a goal, chelsea needs to do that. in owerall looks home side win, but on the other side Inter are in good shape right now. i think the over or under will be better bet than pick it up home win. Possibilities on Over (65%) - Over looks to me little bit more likely than Under. why? yes, this is because chelsea need a goal and they playing at home so they will play little bit further than the guests, i can't see Inter just defending all the way, because of the risk on one goal, you have no chances to go through if you have a strategy to defend it, Mourinho knows it and that's why he maybe take some chances to score it too, that's a football so we cant know who will score first or second, we just can predict it, but my prediction is chelsea to score first this is more likely, so then game could open up really. Possibilities on Under (35%) - The fist game in Milan show that inter could defend it well and counter it too. chelsea looked way better for me but were stunned by the fast goal. the main thing i want to say is that Inter capable to go through if it's an under game, i mean i don't think that chelsea go through if they score just one goal, well, everything could happen but like i said in my eyes this is like that. Inter will play from the defence anyone knows that, but the question is can they do it for 90 min? If i take chelsea i'll better see on odds to take it over it's better to take Under than take it on inter 02, of course we need to look at odds too. Chelsea to win 1.6 || Over 1.95 || i'll take over better Inter 02 2.25|| Under 1.85|| Better take Inter 02

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Sevilla V CSKA offers a very interesting tie. Neither has ever progressed to the last eight of the Champions League - so the chance to make 'history' with their respective clubs should mean a good well fought game. I reckon a -1 AH on Sevilla (2.3 on Boylesports) for this, although neither has that much CL experience, Sevilla has at least been relatively prolific in Europe the last few years in the Europa (AKA The UEFA) Cup. CSKA meanwhile have not kept a clean sheet in their last 15 CL games, where as Sevilla have scored in all but 1 of the last 14. Add to this the Russian league has only just started back up, so you have a potential element of rustiness. Although saying all that, I don't follow Spanish/Russian footy as close as I do other leagues, so if anyone wants to help clarify be my guest :ok

Re: Champions League 16-17 March

What price would you expect Chelsea to be Jase?
I just feel that these CL games are virtually impossible to price up because the ability of opponent that Chelsea, or any other favourited home side face, varies quite radically from game to game. They might have a fantastic home record in the CL, but that is not a true reflection of how tonight's fixture can go. The odds tonight imply a 61% probability of Chelsea winning, if you believe that the odds can be imposed into a percentage probability. It's laughable because at this stage, all the sides left in the CL, ability wise, are all very equal. After getting involved in CL (and Europa League) for that matter, I've made a disciplined decision to not get involved in the 1x2 side of a bet because of the reasons above. It's just so easy to look at a price, and think it's value because it's around evens, only for it drastically fail. It's happened so many times this European calender. In addition, I think taking a side in later rounds of European football to beat a handicap is suicide because as above, each team is of equal ability, and there is often little to no incentive for a side to press on to get the second, or sometimes third goal you need to win the bet. GL with your bet mate :ok I hope it comes off. I'll be there like most others, watching the game, willing Chelsea on to get the win.

The odds tonight imply a 61% probability of Chelsea winning, if you believe that the odds can be imposed into a percentage probability.
Im confused, this is a very strange thing to say. Odds = implied probability. This is a fact, its not a belief?

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Fair enough Jase, i agree they are more unpredictable than league fixtures and the margins are tight..i probably wont bet on any games in the cl beyound this round, but i feel chelsea are still worth a punt tonight..im not betting with the level of stakes i would on a league game mind..gl..

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Sevilla -1.5 @ 2.95 pinnacle Sevilla has the opportunity to progress into the quarter finals for this tournament for the first time, and judging by their performance in the first leg, if they repeat that level of play at home, they will progress through. They were much the better team and led until they allowed an equaliser but with that important away goal, they have the advantage in this second leg. CSKA will need to press forward to score the goal to get this tie back in their favour, but this will allow Sevilla to sit back and attack on the counter. Also with CSKA just starting the season, they do not as yet have the match fitness to go with a team that is now 3/4's of the way into their season. Sevilla will look to use Negredo and Fabiano up front to expose a CSKA defence without Cosic and Nababkin, and given these factors, not only do Sevilla look like scoring but they will go on to score a second, given that if they score only one, then a CSKA goal ties this all up again. Sevilla at home are generally tough to beat and with a chance to make history for their club, will be highly motivated to win this game. Chelsea -1.5 @ 2.68 bet365 Having lost in the last few years at this stage of the Champions League, Inter look likely to choke once again as Chelsea will go all out to win this and win it well. Chelsea may be down 2-1 after the first leg, but with an away goal, they need to score just once to put the tie back in their favour. Inter will look to sit back and absorb the pressure that Chelsea will put on from the opening whistle and it will be only a matter of time before Drogba or Anelka scores. This will force Inter then to open up and look to score, enabling oneof the better counter attacking team in Chelsea to score again. The last few years has seen an increasing disparity between the Premier League teams and the Serie A teams, and last weeks win by Man Utd over AC Milan highlighted the fact that the Italian teams cannot cope with the pace and pressure that is applied by the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea. Inter will try to resist, but Chelsea have shown over the last few years that they are very hard to stop at home, and with the 4-1 thumping of West Ham on the weekend, they showed that they are on course to make their way into another CL final.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March I have some thoughts about Sevilla-CSKA which I want to share with you. First of all I don't want to twist anybody's mind so feel free to ignore my words. We all know how Sevilla plays, we watch them every week and they are good. But not that good in my opinion. They still have weaknesses. What about CSKA? This is the point where I'm starting to have some doubts. I pretty much don't know anything about this team. I only saw a couple of their previous matches in CL. Is it enough? I think no. So I don't feel comfortable betting on one team without having the entire picture. This isn't the case with Chelsea-Inter for instance. I don't say Sevilla won't beat the -1 AH, it's far from me, I just raised a question because I believe many people here are in the same situation. Goodluck to everybody. :hope

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventChelsea - Inter to qualify
SelectionInter
Strength10/10
Date16/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.22 (Back)
ReasoningIt's about time for Inter to gain something in europe.They have 2:1 advantage and Mourinho on bench who worked in Chelsea for quite some time.Also Chelsea without Cech as a goalkeeper.It's more than likely that this can end also 2:1 and go into overtime or penaltys and then everything can happen.This odds are worth a shot for sure.

Sevilla -1.5 @ 2.95 pinnacle Sevilla has the opportunity to progress into the quarter finals for this tournament for the first time, and judging by their performance in the first leg, if they repeat that level of play at home, they will progress through. They were much the better team and led until they allowed an equaliser but with that important away goal, they have the advantage in this second leg. CSKA will need to press forward to score the goal to get this tie back in their favour, but this will allow Sevilla to sit back and attack on the counter. Also with CSKA just starting the season, they do not as yet have the match fitness to go with a team that is now 3/4's of the way into their season. Sevilla will look to use Negredo and Fabiano up front to expose a CSKA defence without Cosic and Nababkin, and given these factors, not only do Sevilla look like scoring but they will go on to score a second, given that if they score only one, then a CSKA goal ties this all up again. Sevilla at home are generally tough to beat and with a chance to make history for their club, will be highly motivated to win this game. Chelsea -1.5 @ 2.68 bet365 Having lost in the last few years at this stage of the Champions League, Inter look likely to choke once again as Chelsea will go all out to win this and win it well. Chelsea may be down 2-1 after the first leg, but with an away goal, they need to score just once to put the tie back in their favour. Inter will look to sit back and absorb the pressure that Chelsea will put on from the opening whistle and it will be only a matter of time before Drogba or Anelka scores. This will force Inter then to open up and look to score, enabling oneof the better counter attacking team in Chelsea to score again. The last few years has seen an increasing disparity between the Premier League teams and the Serie A teams, and last weeks win by Man Utd over AC Milan highlighted the fact that the Italian teams cannot cope with the pace and pressure that is applied by the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea. Inter will try to resist, but Chelsea have shown over the last few years that they are very hard to stop at home, and with the 4-1 thumping of West Ham on the weekend, they showed that they are on course to make their way into another CL final.
Agree with the Chelsea pick i think they will cover the handicap because they can't sit on a 1-0 lead its far too dangerous. I'm not to sure on backing on Seville to cover the handicap but ill put them in a win doubles with Chelsea

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Not sure what to make of Inter/Chelsea. Chelsea played well in the 1st leg but still lost 2-1 and could've been 2-0 as Julio Ceasar usually makes that save or it could've been 1-1 + red card for Samuel right before half. Chelsea are rightfully favs since they usually get it done at the Bridge in the CL but the odds are a little short especially vs a team like Inter. If your going to take Inter to qualify, might as well back them to win the CL which could be had @12.00. If they get by Chelsea those odds will probably go down to about 5's or 6's, they would make a good lay down the road.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventChelsea - Inter to qualify
SelectionInter
Strength10/10
Date16/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.22 (Back)
ReasoningIt's about time for Inter to gain something in europe.They have 2:1 advantage and Mourinho on bench who worked in Chelsea for quite some time.Also Chelsea without Cech as a goalkeeper.It's more than likely that this can end also 2:1 and go into overtime or penaltys and then everything can happen.This odds are worth a shot for sure.
glad to know that i'm not the only one who thinks we have a chance.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Two thoughts make me think about the overcoming of the turn of the Inter : -in the last games of italian series A Inter is distracted and I thinks has saved energies and accidents; the overcoming of the turn is fundamental for the glory of the players and the society. With good luck in the future drawings Inter could arrive to Madrid. -After the result of the first game Inter has two results profits on three, important thing. If Inter will play with the same determination of the first game can reach the draw. Chalsea must make game of attack and Milito is superb A big error if Mourinho will make to play Muntari to midfield and Zanetti on the defended band Inter won't lose:cheers :ok

Re: Champions League 16-17 March think there will be some goals in the chelsea game tonight and i dont think it will just be chelsea scoring them, mourinho will target the 3rd choice keeper if hes got any sense, i cant believe he is going to go back to stamford bridge with the mentality to defend for 90 minutes. he is going to want a big performance from his players and i think their performances in the leagues last 5 or so games have reflected this i dont think many people would think inter could keep out drogba, lampard and co on an occasion as big as this so why try, if they are attacking against what could be an easy keeper to unsettle on such a big night this could pay dividends for milito and pandev over 3.5 goals milito and drogba to score anytime

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Inter are not a 'top european side' at this stage of the competition because they havent done anything in the CL for ages. Chelsea on the other have been involved in the latter stages of the competition for the last 5 years, and look fairly strong again tihs year therefore the prices are about right in my opinion. Results over the last couple of seasons have shown the gap between the top teams in Italy and England. May wait and get involved in-running but fancy Chelsea to be too strong.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Inter will qualify. Chelsea not playing vey well atm. I expect 2.5 over in this game. Because Chelsea have to score on the other hand, Inter will need to score too. Honestly, i expect 2-1 Chelsea win and on the extra time an Inter goal and kaboom :) Good luck. We don't want to see 3 English clubs in the semis again and again come on INTER.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Evening gents, Another Champions League night is upon us.... One main pick for me tonight.. Chelsea V Inter Milan - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.85 (Bet365) Was considering this pick even before the line up's were announced but after seeing how both teams are lining up I feel even more confident. For a start Chelsea have to start the game with third choice goalkeeper Ross Turnbull, who is only making his 3rd appearance for the club. The 25 year old keeper will be thrown into the deep end against the Italians after Hilario and Chech miss out through injury. Next important point from the line ups is the fact that both Chelsea and Inter appear to be starting with one leading target man each, Drogba and Eto respectively while both teams will use two more attacking players in wide positions as support. Chelsea will deploy this tactic through Anelka and Malouda whilst the visitors will rely on Pandev and Milito to support thier target man. This, in my opinion, is a great recipe for goals tonight, not only do these six guys have the potential in themselves to score goals, but I feel it will also leave space in their defence for the opposition to attack, all in all it looks set for a few goals. Chelsea have to score at least one tonight to progress in this competition, I feel they will achieve this. Inter have a great scoring record on the road this year also, finding the net in 14 of their 17 away matches thus far. I fancy both teams to find the net, but I feel the over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 is a good shout :ok I can actually see this ending 2-1 and being the first tie this year to go into extra time. Good luck everyone :hope

Im confused' date=' this is a very strange thing to say. Odds = implied probability. This is a fact, its not a belief?[/quote'] Yeah, sorry mate. I was thinking about something else. I was referring more to the way odds are compiled. As none of us (I don't think) are odds compilers, I don't have any idea what formula they use.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Quite fancy drogba to be pivotal to the nights proceedings. Disappeared in the first leg after that 60 second straightner from Samuel. Lucio had him in his pocket from thereonin. Would expect the fired up drogba to extract revenge tonight. Toyed with goal or card, and prefer the bigger priced card option. Warmed up nicely against West Ham with a classic issy fit, and the theatricals will be on show tonight, against two defenders who take no prisoners. Drog card @ 4.0. Even though he's one card away from suspension, had to take Samuel card @ 3.50. Thou shall not pass, has been his motto since his schooldays. Two CL cards away from home, and has a 1 in 2 average in serie a. Obi mikel @ 4.5, simply too big to pass up for this player. All with unibet.

a
Two thoughts make me think about the overcoming of the turn of the Inter : -in the last games of italian series A Inter is distracted and I thinks has saved energies and accidents; the overcoming of the turn is fundamental for the glory of the players and the society. With good luck in the future drawings Inter could arrive to Madrid. -After the result of the first game Inter has two results profits on three, important thing. If Inter will play with the same determination of the first game can reach the draw. Chalsea must make game of attack and Milito is superb A big error if Mourinho will make to play Muntari to midfield and Zanetti on the defended band Inter won't lose:cheers :ok
Julio Cesar Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-Zanetti Cambiasso-Snejider-Motta- Etoò-Milito-Pandev Muntari out. Perfect. Inter at next round !:clap