** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Multiple & tote bets help (for Cheltenham)

Hi I often put on quite a high number of various type of bets for Cheltenham (doubles, triples,trixies, four-folds, yankkes, candians, ect.) you name it I've probably put it on I usually have more than one selection in each race (usually a market leader and an outsider) and I tend place my multiples for each days racing seperate (would I be better spreading it out over a couple of days?) As for the tote bets I usually opt for the placepot, but I'm never sure how many lines is best to do. The big problem is I never seem to maximise any potential winnings when I do manage to pick up a nice priced-winners. I was wondering if anyone had any good techniques or advice on any of this?

Re: Multiple & tote bets help (for Cheltenham)

Hi I often put on quite a high number of various type of bets for Cheltenham (doubles, triples,trixies, four-folds, yankkes, candians, ect.) you name it I've probably put it on I usually have more than one selection in each race (usually a market leader and an outsider) and I tend place my multiples for each days racing seperate (would I be better spreading it out over a couple of days?) As for the tote bets I usually opt for the placepot, but I'm never sure how many lines is best to do. The big problem is I never seem to maximise any potential winnings when I do manage to pick up a nice priced-winners. I was wondering if anyone had any good techniques or advice on any of this?
For me Denman singles are the way forward for mtgs like cheltenham, however i understand why people do multiples, and obviously the industry loves them. When i hear of a big win its always a multiple so why not? However, you may be right considering doing these over a few days with other selections that are running a day or 2 later. This will still give you interest but the L15 etc would be over 3 days with 2 day 1, 1 day 2, and 1 day 3 etc If you are doing more than 1 per race, this is where it gets difficult as its so frustrating hitting 2 nice winners only to be in different bets. You could put the best together & reduce the stake slightly to account for more bets, but at least you will cover them.

Shouldnt you be in your stable resting for Friday ? As youve asked i will put up the bet that i do. and the reasons behind it, it will be for a £1 stake to make it easier to understandbut you can do it for whatever stake you like. I select 5 horses, A, B, C, D, and E, i then put them into Lucky 15s ABCD ABCE ABDE ACDE BCDE I also do a £1 acc all 5, ( just in case) The staking works out at £4 singles, £3 doubles, £2 trebles and £1 foursome. I always do the bet with a treble odds 1 winner bookie, many round my way , Corals and Betfred and Tote, plus some indys, usually Betfred for the BOG which are 10 races a day in the shops. Reason behind the bet is , majority of stake goes on the single which apart from no winners is the most likely outcome, e,g, a 4/1 winner becomes 12/1 and £4 stake on it returns you £52 cover 70% of your stake , obviously the more winners you have the less relevant the treble odds is but the doubles , trebles etc more than make up for that. The idea is if your not having a good day you try to save as much of your stake as possible for another day. One other thing, always write (any nr insert 2nd fav) on the ticket as a non runner nullifies your treble odds and you may just get a decent priced winner as well.

Re: Multiple & tote bets help (for Cheltenham) Thanks for the advice :ok Think that's a very clever way of staking you've got theire Alice and it ultimately covers yourself if you happen to get one big-priced winner. There's one thing I don't quite get it's when you say: The staking works out at £4 singles, £3 doubles, £2 trebles and £1 foursome, are these additional to the lucky15 bets? Anyone else got anything to add please do so, particular on how many lines you do on toteplace bets?

Re: Multiple & tote bets help (for Cheltenham) that is great advice from alice, i also believe that for mutiple bets you should reduce the stake the longer the bet is, i.e 1 pt for singles, 0.5 pt for doubles, 0.25 pt trebles, 0.1 pt fourfold etc. Some may say you are preventing yourself a big win but most of the time its only the singles or somwtimes doubles that win in my experience so it makes sense to weight the stake in favour of those bets. Like alice says, if they all come off youre still gonna be chuffed with a nice return.

that is great advice from alice' date=' i also believe that for mutiple bets you should reduce the stake the longer the bet is, i.e 1 pt for singles, 0.5 pt for doubles, 0.25 pt trebles, 0.1 pt fourfold etc. Some may say you are preventing yourself a big win but most of the time its only the singles or somwtimes doubles that win in my experience so it makes sense to weight the stake in favour of those bets. Like alice says, if they all come off youre still gonna be chuffed with a nice return.[/quote'] Yes its a really good idea I think. I was just wondering how you would do it though. I know Alice explained above but I don't really get it. Would you place the various Lucky15s and then play the extra singles, doubles, trebles, ect. on top ensure the singles had a bigger stake and wouldn't that mean you lose out on the enchanced odds?

Yes its a really good idea I think. I was just wondering how you would do it though. I know Alice explained above but I don't really get it. Would you place the various Lucky15s and then play the extra singles' date=' doubles, trebles, ect. on top ensure the singles had a bigger stake and wouldn't that mean you lose out on the enchanced odds?[/quote'] there are no extra singles, doubles etc, just 5 Lucky 15s, plus the acca for all 5. The singles, doubles, trebles is just what the Lucky 15 breaks down into.

there are no extra singles, doubles etc, just 5 Lucky 15s, plus the acca for all 5. The singles, doubles, trebles is just what the Lucky 15 breaks down into.
Okay I think I understand now, wouldn't that workout as follows with the five lucky15s you stated above: 4 x Singles on each of A,B,C,D,E (20 Singles in total) Various doubles, 6 doubles in eahc of the 5 lucky15s (30 Doubles in total) Various trebles, 4 in each Lucky 15 (20 Trebles) 1 x foursome on each combination (4 Foursomes in total) Leaving you with 20 Singles, 30 Doubles, 20 Trebles, 4 Foursomes plus the 5-fold accumulator. Just wondered how that came to equal "The staking works out at £4 singles, £3 doubles, £2 trebles and £1 foursome." outcome?

Okay I think I understand now, wouldn't that workout as follows with the five lucky15s you stated above: 4 x Singles on each of A,B,C,D,E (20 Singles in total) Various doubles, 6 doubles in eahc of the 5 lucky15s (30 Doubles in total) Various trebles, 4 in each Lucky 15 (20 Trebles) 1 x foursome on each combination (4 Foursomes in total) Leaving you with 20 Singles, 30 Doubles, 20 Trebles, 4 Foursomes plus the 5-fold accumulator. Just wondered how that came to equal "The staking works out at £4 singles, £3 doubles, £2 trebles and £1 foursome." outcome?
You are correct with your workings, 20 singles on 5 horses = 20 divide by 5= £4 stake and so on.