A League Play offs and grand final

Down to the last four teams... Minor Semi Wellington vs Newcastle 2.16 3.4 3.75 Major semi FC Sydney vs Melbourne Victory 2.32 3.5 3.45 Winner of major semi hosts the final Melbourne won first leg of major semi by 2-1, minor semi is a single leg.

Re: A League Play offs and grand final Only one bet so far for me. Lay Wellington @ 2.24 I know they are unbeaten in about 19 matches at home but events have conspired to make their preperations for this match difficult. 5 of their players were part of the All whites squad which lost 2-0 to Mexico in Los Angeles only 72 hours ago. The Wellingon manager ricki Herbert also manages the national team, so when he and the team should have been working really hard on the most important match in the clubs history, instead they've be split up and flying half way round the world. Can't be healthy Newcastle have a full week and good preperations There will be a full house at Wellingotn, 34,000 sell out. When the pressure and expectation is on, sadly you can trust the kiwi teams to choke. :eyes

Re: A League Play offs and grand final Actually think your boys will get up AJ Wellington @ 2.16 centrebet Wellington should a full house to play this elimination semi final game and with a good home record will be very hard to beat. They have won their last 3 game at home against Newcastle 3-0, 3-0 and 2-0 so they have handled the visitors, and really expect Ifill to cause them problems again. While Newcastle boast a decent defence, Ifill has the nous to make good runs in behind them. Newcastle work well as a team with little quality that stands out, so expect the home side to have that one player to make the difference Sydney @ 2.33 pinnacle Concern for Melbourne here is that they have lost all of their last 5 away games in all competitions and now they go to Sydney with a 2-1 lead from the first leg, but without recognised strikers to play. This should lead to the already solid Sydney defence being able to hold them out and expect much of the game to be dominated by Sydney as they press for a goal that would be enough to send them into the grand final. Aloisi has been scoring while they have been dominating the midfield in recent games. Sydney should be backed by a good solid crowd to cheer them on to victory here against their main rivals

Re: A League Play offs and grand final I'm agreeing with Blackcrow on this one. Wellington have been too strong at home, and Newcastle didn't so much as win last week as Gold Coast lost the game. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Wellington win in normal time for this. Melbourne as much as i hate to say it are likely to lose. Lack of striking power will be their fall down. Kruise and Thompson if they play will be coming off the bench and i doubt they will have an impact, expect sydney to have the game in hand before either of them get onto the field. Personally hoping melbourne can hold on for a draw and go into the final, but head tells me otherwise.

Re: A League Play offs and grand final But do the job to get us all home in 90 mins. Melb look the better team. No value on the exchanges right now, signing off for the weekend with a decent profit :ok

Re: A League Play offs and grand final

How does teh ACL qualification work ? I understand that Wellington can't qualify regardless of where they finish as the are in Oceanina not Asia
AJ, your right, no need to worry now i guess. Melb will get the other spot automatically. ACL qualification is given to the minor premier (winner of home/away season, which was sydney). The second spot is for the winner of the finals season, in the case that the winner of the finals is the same side (ie syd), then the other team playing in the game will win it. With as you said the only team inelligable being Wellington (OFC vs AFC issue). Given that even if wellington do beat sydney melbourne will get the spot.

Re: A League Play offs and grand final So, second last game of the season today. Fc Sydney host Wellington with the winner facing Melbourne in the grand final. It's been an awesome year for Wellington, they have come much farther than anyoen could have guessed, but it's all been done with home form and tonight is a bridge too far for Rickis boys. Sydney have played Wellington three times this season and have recorded three victories. 1.8 for FC Sydney on betfair will do the job for me.