** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

AFL. NAB Wk. 1.

Footy's (kinda) back... ...fairly predictable blow-out win to the Eagles last night, but I think there's a bit of value in a couple of games this weekend. Richmond +25.5 Just too many points I reckon for the Hawks, who haven't beaten anyone by more than this in the first round since 2001! 9 of their top 25 missing (although, by my count 9 of top 10 playing)... ...I guess you could also argue that Richmond don't have 10 AFL standard players! :lol ... ...but a reasonable even Tigers team missing really only Cousins, Foley, Jackson and Simmons...new coach will be keen to impress. Like I said, Hawks scraped by an equally bad Melbourne last year by 3 points (3 less shots) [1.55 favs]...and Sydney by 2 points in 2008 at this ground as 1.10 favs! Hawks win in a reasonable close game. Doggies -5.5 Better team selected, experience at the venue (Canberra) and a great recent record over the Lions. No Johnson, Eagleton (best 22 anyway these days?), Aker, Hargrave, Minson...Hall not originally names, but some talk of him playing now... ...Brisbane without Brown, Black, Power, Drummond, Selwood, Clark, McGrath...looks a lot worse. Also Brisbane will have only 5 days rest regardless of the result, so Voss will no doubt be taking no risks. Dogs have won 7 of the last 8 meeings, inc. the last game (2nd semi last year) by 51 points. Better team should be able to cover the goal start.

Re: AFL. NAB Wk. 1. Ah, your a brave man Taz betting on the Crab Cup but agree with both of your selections. Weather down in Launie is meant to be raining most of the game so like your +25.5 on the Tigers. Reckon we will be too strong in the end for them. * Josh Gibson a late withdrawal with a hammy. Lions also missing Bradshaw and McDonald (who both left the club). Ah, its great to have it back! :cow

Re: AFL. NAB Wk. 1.

Footy's (kinda) back... ...fairly predictable blow-out win to the Eagles last night, but I think there's a bit of value in a couple of games this weekend. Richmond +25.5 Just too many points I reckon for the Hawks, who haven't beaten anyone by more than this in the first round since 2001! 9 of their top 25 missing (although, by my count 9 of top 10 playing)... ...I guess you could also argue that Richmond don't have 10 AFL standard players! :lol ... ...but a reasonable even Tigers team missing really only Cousins, Foley, Jackson and Simmons...new coach will be keen to impress. Like I said, Hawks scraped by an equally bad Melbourne last year by 3 points (3 less shots) [1.55 favs]...and Sydney by 2 points in 2008 at this ground as 1.10 favs! Hawks win in a reasonable close game.
Well, they sacked them all when all they really needed to do was sack the coach. A bit like when I was younger and too much was taken off during the hair cut so you'd need to wear a beanie until it grew back. Good luck with those :hope. Haven't had a look at those squads yet (still buried with Basketball) but 25pts does seem a fair spread for any NAB cup game - see Adel v Port. :ok

Re: AFL. NAB Wk. 1.

Well, they sacked them all when all they really needed to do was sack the coach. A bit like when I was younger and too much was taken off during the hair cut so you'd need to wear a beanie until it grew back. Good luck with those :hope. Haven't had a look at those squads yet (still buried with Basketball) but 25pts does seem a fair spread for any NAB cup game - see Adel v Port. :ok
Obviously didn't sack enough! :puke "Funny" shot of the coaches box about 5 minutes in, both Hardwick and Campbell, huffing and staring blankly! Maybe NOT the best career move... :lol Hawks win this by 100+.

Re: AFL. NAB Wk. 1. Sorry mate...too late I know. (Just got home from watching the game actually) ...and tbh, not too sure now I think about it. I read on BF that they've got a game planned for Friday either way :\ ...seems strange, maybe an intra-club game... Surprisingly high quality game given the conditions. Obviously the kicking was very tough, and scoring was low as a consequence, but lots of good skills (and decisions) in close from both teams... ...and really well umpired I thought, again, given a) the conditions, and b) the ******* disaster that was the Richmond/Hawks game!! (Umpire-wise... :wall :puke) Anyway, got a bit lucky (in a sence)...in that same sence, Dogs kicked what, 8 points straight in the 3rd...Gilbs couldn't buy a 9 pt'er...was barely up the other end in the 2nd half. 1-1 early. :lol

Re: AFL. NAB Wk. 1. The Aboriginal All-Stars game crosed my mind?? Took the dogs QT @ 2.10. Wasn't too sure about it for awhile. Seems interchanging is one of the most important skill these days :eyes - I wonder if any clubs are drafting for it? Would it be safe to cross of a Hawthorn/Richmond GF Quinella from futures bets considerations yet? Thoughts?

Re: AFL. NAB Wk. 1. Hi all. Just stopped by to say hi for the new season and drop a few thoughts. Firstly, I am loathe to lift my wallet for the Nob Cup matches as there is too much second-guessing with team's motives regardless of what has been publicly said and what teams are announced. I do believe there is merit in considering the semis and final. That being said other than following the games itself with a large grain o' salt, any insight into the players (new/recycled/coming back after poor year or injury etc..), playing styles etc.. will be valuable for the coming regular season. It would be too easy to say that Richmond will win the wooden spoon this year and some markets have reflected this by putting them as favs. My belief is they WILL FINISH LAST. There is more upside atm with the other teams in the running for the spoon. I liken Hardwick's position to that of Mark Harvey (late 2007) and Barack Obama and he will need a year to at least stem the bleeding :hope I'm with you Ash. Dunno how Tom Hislop is playing AFL. Surely isn't better than Shane Tuck is he? Makes one think that a spud like me could get a game with the Tiges. And I've never played the game :lol The Natanui hype has begun again over here. Not hard to be a superstar against 3rd and 4th-string ruckmen tho ;) Think he'll be good relief for when Cox wants a breather but I wouldn't expect the world from him just yet. It'll be a given that the smarter, more astute ruckmen of the competition will run off him alot and outbody him in contests. Won't win the Rising Star nevertheless good kid for the future. Will definitely put bums on seats but McAvaney really should never ever use the term rock star again :spank Food for thought: Carlton to miss the 8 @ $2.10+: They won't be the scoring machine of last year and can't see them improving their D much to compensate. They should be 1-6 after 1st 7 rounds. Franklin to win Coleman @ 4.50+: Don't know how Fev will go sharing a fwd line with J Brown. Let's just say he won't get his own way and the midfield he has is 1/2 a grade below that of the Blues. I would also expect more input from Brisbane's small fwds on the scoreboard if they are to improve this year. Franklin like his team-mates are expected to bounce back and they should AND WILL NEED TO be a scoring machine like they were in '08. Buddy will miss Rnd 1 vs Melb due to suspension and a better price should be gotten after then. Nice play on your team's match Taz. They had enough shots tho. Makes up for that 1st play huh? :lol