Sandown - Saturday 5th Feb

ken678

1.30 Sandown - Binocular - LAY Betfair 1.20 (£799 available at 03.42) 2.35 Sandown - Punchestowns - LAY Betfair 1.30 (£4382 available at 03.42) Have expressed my views on very short priced things before. Both of these should win but the prices? I think it highlights it even more if you think the DOUBLE is barely 1/2 and they have 20 obstacles to negotiate with decent opposition for Punchestowns - and with Binocular a season that has not gone well - though the opposition appears extremely moderate in his case. Both may well win - but at these prices I'd prefer to be the layer not the backer.

Re: Sandown - Saturday 5th Feb 14:05 - LAY According @ 2.00 BF Horse could be alot better than these but a few of these runners such as Anak, Rajamand, Diktalina have proven form already and I'd be more inclined to back them, yes According looks to have useful flat form but I just couldn't back this one at evens, how many times do we see these flop? 14:35 - Final Bid @ 201.00 Ladbrokes (bog) E-W This is not a serious punt, its just I'm working on the basis that it would take two of the top three horses to fall and this horse to put in a clean round of jumping to get some place money, I think the horse has slightly better form than the other no hoper Commanche Dream. Punchestowns put a clean round of jumping in LTO but on second chase start could still be vunerable. Tchico Polos fell LTO so he is not sure to put in a clean round, Pocket Aces has either fallen or pulled up in three of his last five starts. Every chance that both of them could fail to complete again which would leave one of the outsiders to step in. 15:10 - Racing Demon @ 19.00 Skybet E-W Could be worth a shot here now back on a more competitive looking mark, let's not forget this horse is a previous runner up in a grade 1 at Cheltenham and although the horse has not been running in great nick I wouldn't rule him out, back over hurdles LTO where beaten around 20 lengths, he may start to enjoy life over hurdles again. 15:40 - According To John @ 9.00 Coral (bog) E-W I like this horse alot and follow in every time he runs in these races, a couple of 3rd's in last two runs, often runs a sound race and a similiar performence should be expected here, deserves to find a race soon. 16:15 - Panjo Bere @ 7.50 Betfred E-W Has some classy form in the bag with a previous grade two wins to his name, didn't run to badly LTO, dropped 2lb for that run though and should be in the mix in this.

Re: Sandown - Saturday 5th Feb 3:10 Sandown: Alderluck 1pt e/w 33/1 Boylesports & Beshabar 1pt win 13/2 Stan James Alderluck ran Trenchant close at Kempton in November. His run on Boxing Day was poor but if recaptures some of that previous form he could spring a surprise. He goes well for his claimer Jay Pemberton who has chalked up a couple of victories aboard, and Alderluck seems to run best fresh, and he has had forty two days off since his last run. Beshabar looks interesting for Paul Nicholls, he won well here in March 2008 and although like Alderluck he is out of the handicap, he could be better than his rating and every chance the champion trainer will have him primed for this.

Re: Sandown - Saturday 5th Feb 3:40 Sandown: Killyglen 2pts win 7/1 Ladbrokes Killyglen was pulled up in the Hennessy, but he had previously run well first time out at Carlisle giving weight behind Knockara Beau. And that rival has subsequently gone close at Cheltenham and then hacked up at Kelso. So if Killyglen is straight for this, and with AP booked you suspect he will be, then should give a good account.

Re: Sandown - Saturday 5th Feb 3.10 Sandown I really liked the way Strawberry was progressing for his new trainer Henderson, but seemed to run as though something amiss last time out and was pulled up, prior to that won a valuable handicap hurdle off a 6lb lower mark Geraghty rides again today and seem to get on well with her, little wary obviously because of that run last time out which the trainer has been unable to explain! 0.25pt e/w strawberry 12/1 boylessport

Re: Sandown - Saturday 5th Feb 3.10 SANDOWN RACING DEMON 20/1 0.5 E/W BET365/TOTE BOG Big e/w price for this horse. Has fallen out of love with the chase fences and has been put back over hurdles to sweeten. Not that bad of run lto behind Malmook when tried over them for the first time since 07 down 4lb today and decent claimer takes another 3lb off. Definite e/w claims imo.