Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals

Having wiped out Pakistan, Australia host West Indies in a 5 match ODI series which begins on Sunday morning UK time. 2 twenty20's follow and as always it's all live on Sky. Schedule:

Sun Feb 7 03:25 GMT | 14:25 local 03:25 GMT 1st ODI - Australia v West Indies Melbourne Cricket Ground 32.png 20 - 27° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Tue Feb 9 03:25 GMT | 13:55 local 03:25 GMT 2nd ODI - Australia v West Indies Adelaide Oval 34.png 22 - 35° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Mostly Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Fri Feb 12 03:25 GMT | 14:25 local 03:25 GMT 3rd ODI - Australia v West Indies Sydney Cricket Ground
N/A
Sun Feb 14 03:25 GMT | 13:25 local 03:25 GMT 4th ODI - Australia v West Indies Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane
N/A
Fri Feb 19 03:25 GMT | 14:25 local 03:25 GMT 5th ODI - Australia v West Indies Melbourne Cricket Ground
N/A
Sun Feb 21 07:35 GMT | 18:35 local 07:35 GMT 1st T20I - Australia v West Indies Bellerive Oval, Hobart
N/A
Tue Feb 23 08:35 GMT | 19:35 local 08:35 GMT 2nd T20I - Australia v West Indies Sydney Cricket Ground
N/A
Should be a cracking series this one :ok.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals Apologies for the short notice with regards to bets. Not long been back from Barrow and can't really be bothered looking in depth into this 1st match so I'm taking one outright and a regular bet I have at the MCG :ok. 2pts West Indies to win ODI Series 11/2 Skybet This price is way too big. I accept Windies are without 3 key players in Chanderpaul, Sarwan and Bravo for this series but the likes of Gayle and Pollard can win any game of cricket on their own when they get going. West Indies were really competitive in the test series and could easily have come out of that with a result. Australia are rightly favourites for this series but I don't make the Windies an 11/2 shot. They'll still take wickets and if the likes of Morton and Dowlin can dig in with the bat then this series will be a lot closer than the bookies think. At this price I've got to have a dabble on the tourists here. 4pts 1st ODI - Under 5.5 6's 10/11 Blue Square Only one match since 2005 has had as many as 5 6's in it so recent history is on our side. There was only 6 6's in a supposedly bigger hitting twenty20 format here on Friday which gives further strength to the unders. It's a massive ground here and even Gayle and Pollard will have to connect with the screws to clear them here. It's a day night match which will keep the 6's down given the change in conditions at half time as well. I'm not going to stake big on this because we are taking on Gayle and Pollard but I still think this line is a bit too high so I'm happy to take the unders.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals 6's bet was never in any danger there. West Indies were disappointing with the bat but I'm hopeful they'll hit back as we go along. Certainly can't see another 5-0 blowout anyway. +3.64 for the opening game which is a good start.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals 2nd ODI is in Adelaide tomorrow. I'm going with 2. 4pts 2nd ODI - Under 6.5 6's Evs Paddy Power In the last 8 ODI's at the Adelaide Oval, only 2 have seen more 6's than this line and both of those matches had exactly 7 6's and involved New Zealand on both occasions. That could be a factor. The straight boundaries here are huge and not easy to clear in one go on a wicket which is often slow and at this stage of the summer has the right to be a little tacky. Australia hosted Pakistan in a match here a couple of weeks ago which yielded only 3 6's and that's a similar total to what I expect here unless Gayle or Pollard go barmy. Of course there's always that chance which is why I'm keeping stakes to a sensible level but history and the timing of the match, and indeed it's day/night factor suggests this line is a bit too high so I'm going under 6.5 6's here. 3pts K.Pollard's Performance Pts - 44&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kieron Pollard's performance in the opening ODI made up a total of 101pts with 3 wickets, a catch and 31 runs. In this 2nd ODI he plays on a ground which has been his home for the last two months having played for the South Australian Redbacks in the Big Bash. On this ground in that competition he scored 9, 52 from 22 balls, 27 off 23 and 44 from 33. He also took 4 wickets in 6 overs on this ground in that competition. So it's a ground which suits his play and he's in tip top form. Being a 3D cricketer I'm automatically interested in his line and for a guy as talented as this, this line looks quite low. He's a massive hitter of a ball, canny bowler and very good fielder and I think he'll go over 44pts in this 2nd ODI.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals As well as following Kevshat as always... I'm also going with 3pts B.Haddin's Performance Pts - 38&Over 5/6 Bet365 Dependent on circumstances, Haddin is capable of clearing this total with the bat alone. But as the 1st ODI proved, he can clear it when he only scores a disappointing 8 with the bat. He took 3 catches to reach 38pts then, expecting him to score a few more this time round, and take a similar number of catches the total should be reached. With Hauritz always likely to bowl a large portion of his quota of overs a stumping is never out of the question and should that be the case he would be over half way to his total already. :hope

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals Well then, that is 10 straight ODI wins for Australia as well as 22 in the last 26. Not bad at all when you consider that run includes a 7 game tour of India where they only lost 2 games. Good stuff for any Aussies. :ok

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals 1pt gained on the last match with the 6's close to losing but no cigar. 3rd ODI is overnight. I'm going with 2. 4pts R.Ponting (-8.5 runs) to beat L.Simmons 5/6 Ladbrokes Ricky Ponting has had a decent series so far with scores of 49 and 57*. In fact he's had a good last 6 months but for a frustrating series where he got starts but never converted them against Pakistan. Lendl Simmons has had a disappointing series with scores of 29 and 4 and although he has undoubted potential, as we saw in the world twenty20, he hasn't much form to go by recently. Generally when Ponting is in form he fills his boots for a while and when a series is on the line then he often comes up with the goods. For some reason the pace and bounce of these tracks seems to be getting to Lendl Simmons and although this is a big handicap to cover, I expect Ponting to do it. 1pt ew K.Pollard Top West Indies Batsman 8/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Kieron Pollard top scored for the Windies in the opening match with his 31 and he was ahead in the 2nd match until a late Dwayne Smith cameo. If the West Indies bat to plan then they will set their innings up for Pollard to come in somewhere between 35-40 overs and get in then go bonkers. We've seen on the big stage how quickly he can score so he's always going to have live ew potential. However this top order has been shot out twice so if it happens a 3rd time Pollard would be in with every chance of top scoring. 8/1 is a big price on such a heavy and recently very consistent scorer and I'm happy to take the big man with 3 key batsmen missing for the Windies.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals Both those were void. 4th ODI tomorrow. 4pts 4th ODI - Under 6 6's 6/4 Sportingbet As I said when Australia played Pakistan at the Gabba last month, only one ODI since 2000 on this ground had contained more than 5 6's and that one had exactly 6. There were 7 in that match last month but they were all hit by 2 men and Cameron White hit 3 successive 6's which you don't see every day. Watson's back for Australia which is no help to the unders but it's generally been a low scoring series and although there are 6 hitters on show here, the Gabba is a very big ground so I'll go with the unders again, hoping that we don't see a freak run of successive 6's or anything like that this time.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals That 6's bet was awful. Nowhere near. Shocked by the line for the 5th match which is overnight. 6pts 5th ODI - Under 6 6's 11/8 Sportingbet As I said before the 1st ODI of this series, this isn't a ground where 6's are hit very often. No ODI since 2005 has had 6 6's in it, only one has had 5 and the 1st ODI of this series only had 2 6's in it. I can't understand how this line has gone up from that 1st ODI but that may be a good thing that so many 6's were hit in the last match. However the MCG is a lot bigger than the Gabba and even though this is a dead rubber which I don't like betting on really in general, I can't miss taking the unders on this line.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals

That 6's bet was awful. Nowhere near. Shocked by the line for the 5th match which is overnight. 6pts 5th ODI - Under 6 6's 11/8 Sportingbet As I said before the 1st ODI of this series, this isn't a ground where 6's are hit very often. No ODI since 2005 has had 6 6's in it, only one has had 5 and the 1st ODI of this series only had 2 6's in it. I can't understand how this line has gone up from that 1st ODI but that may be a good thing that so many 6's were hit in the last match. However the MCG is a lot bigger than the Gabba and even though this is a dead rubber which I don't like betting on really in general, I can't miss taking the unders on this line.
It looks like Kev... it sounds like Kev... But is it Kev?? Kev, I think someone has hijacked your account and made this post!! Turns out there were 16 6's hit :eek No, seriously, unlucky mate... I think this was just one of those 'anomalies' that don't conform to the stats! Nobody would've ever expected anything like that many!

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals Am -5.36pts after a disappointing last couple of ODI's. I'm going with 3 in tomorrow's 1st twenty20. 3pts West Indies to win 1st Twenty20 12/5 Totesport This is a great price for West Indies in a format which suits them perfectly and with the attacking power they have in their batting lineup. Australia are using these matches to blood one or two players and to try a few things out for the world twenty20 in April. West Indies will be looking to get some confidence going into their ODI series with Zimbabwe as well as get themselves familiar with 20 over cricket ahead of the tournament that they are hosting. Despite being weakened, in Gayle, Pollard, Smith and Sammy the West Indies have some real power in their batting while the likes of Rampaul, Sammy and Roach can be canny with the ball. Australia will play Travis Birt on his home patch and Dirk Nannes gets another run out in the green and gold but in a format Australia have never beaten the West Indies in, I think the tourists are a massive price here and it's a price well worth taking with the nature of the format bringing any two sides closer together. 5pts 10 or more 6's 5/6 Sportingbet There have been 11 and 16 6's hit in the last two ODI's between these two on bigger grounds than the Bellerive and if anything, with the inclusion of Warner and David Hussey, there's more 6 hitting potential in this match. I've already mentioned West Indies hitting power - Gayle, Pollard and Dwayne Smith are 3 of the biggest hitters of a ball that you'll find. Sammy and Simmons are no mugs either. Watson, Warner, White, Hussey and Haddin all smack 6's for fun so there's more than enough hitting power to nail the overs here. Scores were high at Bellerive in the KFC Big Bash and the wicket plays well here. Max twenty20 bet on the overs for me here. 3pts D.Smith's Performance Pts 30&Over 4/5 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Dwayne Smith has score 43, 59 and 21 in his last 3 ODI's which shows that he's finding the groove with the bat now that he's back at international level. He's a massive hitter of a ball and very experienced in this format having carried Sussex to success in the Twenty20 Cup. He's also a solid bowler in this format and took a hat trick in the Big Bash recently for his side, the NSW Blues. He's also an amazingly good fielder so in a format which is set up for him and in which he excels I think he's more than capable of bagging 30pts.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals 3 points - M.Clarke +0.5 runs v D.Hussey -0.5 runs @1.95 Betfair Clarke has a dodgy record in T20's, and does not appear to have a clear game plan. Everytime I watch Hussey, he looks good and I consider him very unlucky not to have played more for the Aussies. Hussey is a big powerful hitter and if time is short later in the innings he can score quickly. I fancy your 6's bet Kev, Betfairs market is three way which i dislike, will have to pop some money in a different account. :hope for a close match

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals

Sport Cricket
Event 2nd T20: Australia v West Indies
Selection Lay West Indies (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.70 (Lay)
Reasoning Just can't see West Indies winning this. Australia are utterly dominant in this series and are clearly the superior side. Gayle isn't firing, most of the time doesn't seem interested and without him they can't build an innings without him. Aussie bowlers are doing a good job at keeping them down and are all bowling fairly well. Aussie batting is very solid with contributions from all the top order. Only 1 result here.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals Can't believe that 6's bet didn't come in on the 1st ODI. Only needed 2 6's in the 2nd innings. You can count the amount of times West Indies will bat 20 overs and not hit a 6 on one hand :wall. Going with it again though. 4pts 2nd Twenty20 - Over 8.5 6's 5/6 William Hill There were 8 6's in the 1st twenty20 on a ground which is a similar size to the SCG. 6 of those 6's came in the 1st 6 overs so how there was only 8 in total I don't know. Anyway the same rules apply in this match as in the 1st. Plenty of hitters and a shortish ground. Hopefully Gayle can bat properly in this match and set the innings up a bit better for Pollard and Smith down the order to ping a few out of the park. This isn't a huge total and other bookies have got a 10.5 line priced up at 4/5 for the overs so this line and price are both out in comparison so I'll take the overs here. 2pts D.Warner Top Australia Batsman 7/2 Ladbrokes I'm a massive fan of Dave Warner and this format is set up for him. He is going to be a serious star in this format for the next 10 years or so. He's already a star and he top scored for Australia the other night, not for the 1st time in this format. This match is on his home ground so he'll know the pitch and the boundaries well. If West Indies open up with the spinners again he'll have a nice time getting in and then when the medium pacers come on they'll be ready to go round the park. As I always say when I back Warner, 10 overs of him and the rest are chasing shadows. He looked in great touch in the 1st game and I thought he was booked in for a ton until he misread a slower ball. Watson and Clarke either side of him have poor twenty20 records internationally so Warner could turn into a very good thing pretty quickly here.

Re: Cricket: Australia vs West Indies - ODI Series & Twenty20 Internationals That got close at the end! If Watson had the strike and hit a 6 he would've pipped Warner by 1!!! Back to winning ways in style Kev! :notworthy The bets were very much linked... if Warner got going.... the sixes would always go. Quite amazing stats: 67 runs off 29 balls 5 x 4's , 7 x 6's S/R:231.03 :beer