** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lingfield 25thJanuary

ken678

Lingfield 15:45 – Rimsky –ew – SP A decent sort of horse who looks as though it would stay 6 miles in the mud. It has run well (and been quietly fancied) in good races in its time and whilst it has never quite hit the heights may have enough to figure prominently here. The distance is a worry (2miles too short!!) but the going looks ideal and it may appreciate the return to conventional obstacles – not entirely convinced that the attempt to turn it into a cross-country horse has been a success. Forecast to go off at about 10/1 – looks fair value.

Re: Lingfield 25thJanuary

NOTE RATING ODDS
Ballyfoy Not the most fluent jumper, won a poor race at Lingfield where most rivals were about 13lb worse, can't have much faith now 5lb higher off 129 125 7/1
Stolen Moments Nothing left in the tank off 127, few falls, pulled up last time out, trainer in better form but horse looks worth opposing. 126 7/1
Ma Yahab 2nd last time out, has won on heavy, won well off 131 then downhill ever since, might need the run but decent chance off this type of rating 131 5/1
Temoin Won by 1l off 122, don't feel it has enough potential to be much better, course form though and placed on heavy. 122 6/1
Cousin Nicky Won last 2 but they were claiming chases, gets trip, won on heavy, might need the run. 119 6/1
Present M'Lord Well beaten 4th in Jan off this mark, might need further than 3m, won on heavy, 118 8/1
Rimsky Not won since 2007, handicap mark looks about right but lack of wins is worrying, gets trip and placed on heavy. 120 10/1
Teeming Rain Awful for last 4 runs, and 4 more awful runs sandwiched between a win over further. Impossible to back this with faith as it can't go with pace, needs more than 3m, out and out stayer. 116 12/1
Radetsky March 2nd off 126 by 21 lengths in class 2 race, won well over 22f in Dec 08, not the most fluent jumper. 121 10/1
Alfadora Won a class 4 race but not much better than that, won off 97 by 2 lengths, goes on gd-fm so heavy won't suit. 100 14/1

Re: Lingfield 25thJanuary Above are my notes on the race, my tissue early doors and what rating I think the horse is capable of winning off rather than the OR. I've gone for: Ma Yahab 3.45 Lingfield (EACH WAY 7-1 >Bet365 BOG) Getting paid out on 3 places and I feel the winner will come from somewhere near the top of the handicap. Races off 127 but has won off 131 and been dropping down the handicap. Has not raced for a while and may need the run but feel it has every chance anyway against this lot. Shouldn't be any trip or ground concerns and handicapper has given it a chance off this rating, 2nd last time out and I can see this getting backed on the day. Any drifts are covered with the BOG offered by Bet365. Small ew bet on Cousin Nicky too.

Above are my notes on the race, my tissue early doors and what rating I think the horse is capable of winning off rather than the OR. I've gone for: Ma Yahab 3.45 Lingfield (EACH WAY 7-1 >Bet365 BOG) Getting paid out on 3 places and I feel the winner will come from somewhere near the top of the handicap. Races off 127 but has won off 131 and been dropping down the handicap. Has not raced for a while and may need the run but feel it has every chance anyway against this lot. Shouldn't be any trip or ground concerns and handicapper has given it a chance off this rating, 2nd last time out and I can see this getting backed on the day. Any drifts are covered with the BOG offered by Bet365. Small ew bet on Cousin Nicky too.
You were right about the winner coming from near the top of the handicap since the top weight won. You were unlucky with Ma Yahab I felt as I thought he was going to go on and win when he took to the front. Ended up going off at 16/1 so at least the place money will be better :ok Well done ken with the 3rd @ 7/1 :)

You were right about the winner coming from near the top of the handicap since the top weight won. You were unlucky with Ma Yahab I felt as I thought he was going to go on and win when he took to the front. Ended up going off at 16/1 so at least the place money will be better :ok Well done ken with the 3rd @ 7/1 :)
Happy with that and 16's was huge. Got paid out 16's with Bet365, went in again at 16's but only Stan James were offering 16's when I took it, it was still 9's with Bet365, 11's elsewhere. I think the first two in the race were in the top 3 of the handicap as I thought. Also commented elsewhere that I didn't fancy Radetsky March and the Alan King horse and both were unplaced. Did Rimsky get backed, sure it was bigger price early doors so well done with that one Ken, 2nd and 3rd between us. :ok